Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 200 Jones vs Cormier 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

3 of them still not weighed in....

Anderson came it was 198.5 he will be giving up about 2 stone to DC ha if he wins this fight somehow it will be legendary.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gastelum, Hendricks and Tate haven't showed up to weigh in yet. Am I right in saying that they can't weigh in at the broadcast weigh ins?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I disagree with the part in bold. Miesha has been grinding in the UFC for a while now and showed to have the heart of a warrior against Holly and she has showed it in many fights in the past. Brock was off playing make believe for the last few year and hasn't fought in 5 years, it would be a sham if he got Main Event over Miesha who is a title holder. Edgar/Aldo could have an argument for being ahead of Miesha potentially.

Oh don't get me wrong. Of course Brock didn't deserve it. It just made sense from a business point of view.

I agree Miesha has paid her dues and I was delighted to see her win the belt. I think this is too big an honour for her fighting Nunes though. It's not a massive fight like Ronda would have been.

Frankie/Aldo would have been perfect. Two guys who have been at the top for so long and are more than likely going to put on a cracking fight. If it was for the actual title it would definitely be the main.

As said above though it doesn't matter to us really, as long as they all fight the order isn't a big deal to viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Just watched press conference there with Dana and Silva. Dana said Cormier asked for the fight to be at 210.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

That_Guy wrote: »
    Gastelum, Hendricks and Tate haven't showed up to weigh in yet. Am I right in saying that they can't weigh in at the broadcast weigh ins?

Yeah this is their only shot (according to Marc Raimondi), they have 5 minutes to make weight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

PPV wise it makes no sense, but I too am glad to see a title shot get top billing (even if it is one I have no interest in).

Well PPV wise switching it at this point makes little difference, there’s practically no mainstream media coverage of it so it wont hit the numbers.

Possibly a conspiracy theory but I wouldn’t be surprised if the UFC always planned to do this (once Jones popped). Once he was taken out, the mainstream media would be interested in who was filling in and they have a big name in Lesner to broadcast, rather than the practically unknown women. He was very coy when asked about how he felt about top billing, saying he’d fight anywhere on the card, so wouldn’t be surprised if he was told too. Today all the hype is about Silva getting added so there’s little focus/time on the women getting moved up. They get Ronda in the cage after and they can build towards their next big fight.

Hendricks misses weight. 171.5lbs.

This week. Tate/Gastelum still not there.

Jesus Hendrick is .25 lbs over and was shaking. He has to stop making the cut, he's killing himself!

What a joker hendricks is hope hes docked pay,fair play to anyone who bet even money on someone missing weight.

Gastelum just makes it. 171

• Advertisement

If Tate doesn't make weight, is Aldo/Edgar the new main :pac:

Will not be surprised if miesha misses and its another change to the main event,I hear they have to weight in early now I was under the impression they could pick either early or the old style time of weighing in?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

lougal88 wrote: »
    The latter 2 being most likely to struggle to make 170.

Thought Hendricks would struggle. Gastellum probably come in around 172 as well. Both need to move up to MW

Tate just makes it. 134.5 with towel.

That was looking a bit hairy for the last 10 mins.

Tate makes it

I'd not be surprised if Hendricks is pulled from this card on health grounds. He looks awful.

Cm25KjqUcAATqng.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

That_Guy wrote: »
    Tate just makes it. 134.5 with towel.

That was looking a bit hairy for the last 10 mins.

Lucky towel! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Devastator wrote: »
    Lucky towel! :mad:

Luckier guy holding the towel :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 219 ✭✭JinkyJackson

What's the heaviest Hendricks is likley to be in the octagon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Dtp1979 wrote: »

I'd def be holding onto something else and blaming my actions it on parkinson's disease!

• Advertisement

Tate would of been pulled if she wasn't in the room by 10am, she arrived at 10am!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

What's the heaviest Hendricks is likley to be in the octagon?

I'd guess close to 200, at least.

He looked very lean in his fight against Wonderboy, he's just fighting in the wrong weight division. Could be age, could be lack of IV's, could be USADA testing for diuretics, or it could be the fact that being on PED's gives you more endurance to cut weight and a faster recovery time. But he certainly can't make 170 consistently anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭walshyn93

Faugheen wrote: »
    If McGregor really feels he should have won then he looks like an idiot. Diaz clocked him one and McGregor was gone from there. With that logic, you could say Mendes and Aldo should have beaten McGregor as well.

Before anyone jumps on me, I'm not saying Mendes or Aldo should have won.

Well you could argue that Aldo could have given a better account of himself had he not been knocked out in 13 seconds, and it's reasonable for an athlete after a loss to think they could have done better. Maybe McGregor thinks if he keeps his hands up he has a better shot. I think so too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Dtp1979 wrote: »

mma fighting on sbn threw up a video of it there, very close to a gina carano allover again!

worrying to see miesha struggling to make weight, any indication of how nunez looked on the scale?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Depp wrote: »
    mma fighting on sbn threw up a video of it there, very close to a gina carano allover again!

worrying to see miesha struggling to make weight, any indication of how nunez looked on the scale?
    Just watched it, almost seen more of her than she wanted, twice :)
    Damn towel

I actually didn't recognise Hendricks for a minute, he looks worse than McGregor does at weigh ins

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wow Frankie looked amazing there just warming up doing light pad work. Hope it's finally his time.

And I would never have thought it but it's really cool to have the Spider back so soon. Fun way to celebrate 200…

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

North Sagecutt somehow looks even more ripped than he did last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You might think Tate vs Nunes is disappointing as the main event of UFC 200

But it's not as bad as Jon Fitch vs Paulo Thiago being the main event of UFC 100 :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement