Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 200 Jones vs Cormier 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Gamebred wrote: »
    I wouldnt write him off if he had any decent training behind him,the man had Bisping ko'd basically only a few months ago hes not shot to pieces,DC is a fantastic fighter but hes a novice at striking compared to Silva,dc stands with him ill be surprised.

Striking, obviously Anderson wins. But if Chael can wrestle**** a prime Anderson for 5 rounds, you can be sure as hell a bigger, stronger DC will just do a better job than Chael. If it goes to clinch I can see DC v hendo repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

sorry if asked before

is tonights card on bt sport ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

sorry if asked before

is tonights card on bt sport ?

Yes starting now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Wonder if Anderson is walking out with sensei Segal tomorrow..
    Fixed that for you boss.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Yes starting now

cheers dude

• Advertisement

Think theres a lot of pressure on Miesha headlining this big card,looked a bit out of character at the weigh ins can see her being dethroned early.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,200 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gintonious wrote: »
    The other thing about these PEDs, is that they mainly affect performance, not body composition. For instance the cyclist on the Tour de France, not exactly in monster shape but some are juiced up to the ears. Same applies to fighters and boxers. They take them for stamina, not for pecs.
    That's a really bad example.
    Cyclists preference PEDs like EPO. Fighters preference testosterone. Saying that it doesn't doesn't affect body comp is not accurate.
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    It was a tainted supplement apparently. How can a fighter not check everything they're taking with USADA first is mind blowing. Lost alot of people alot of money because of it.
    Tainted means there's an ingredient there that shouldn't be or isn't listed. Different from a banned supplement.
    Asking USADA about it wouldn't help as nobody knows it's there.

This main issue I have with USADA violations announced without the substance. It starts all sorts of speculation, and people start finding confirmations in old photos. But by the time the info comes it's too late.
    Gleison Tibeau is a perfect example.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Mellor wrote: »
    That's a really bad example.
    Cyclists preference PEDs like EPO. Fighters preference testosterone. Saying that it doesn't doesn't affect body comp is not accurate.

Thats if he has tested for testosterone. Fighters can benefit from non-anabolic enhancers, especially for a 5 round fight as well.

Gintonious wrote: »
    Thats if he has tested for testosterone. Fighters can benefit from non-anabolic enhancers, especially for a 5 round fight as well.
    I'm awarethey can, that's what I was referring to with Tibau above (EPO). But PEDs like that are still the minority in MMA.

So this part;
    The other thing about these PEDs, is that they mainly affect performance, not body composition.
    Is not really accurate.
    The PEDs in MMA are mainly anabolic, which affects body comp too.

But think the 3 year old picture text proves anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

13613536_1036021479841626_1902778627787234774_o.jpg

4 years later and in better shape, I need to get me some Mexican supplements

I genuinely cant see much difference there at all to be honest.

Does he have to cut much weight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

What's the weight limit for heavyweight these days....though it was 265.... but Brock was 265.5

What's the weight limit for heavyweight these days....though it was 265.... but Brock was 265.5

If he weighted in at 265.5, I'd assume the ''give or take'' a pound still applies even at the upper limit of the HW division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

John_D80 wrote: »
    If he weighted in at 265.5, I'd assume the ''give or take'' a pound still applies even at the upper limit of the HW division.

1lb allowance across all divisions, obviously for a title fight a fighter must not be over the limit at all.

Gonna be a long day waiting on tonights fights

• Registered Users Posts: 4 The Juicer

Gotta feel for Jones in all of this. Lesnar is evidently above the law here, Jones is not. Race issue?

HW like all divisions has a 1lb grace for all fights.

265.5 means that Brock definitely cuts weight. Who knows what he'll weigh in there

The Juicer wrote: »
    Gotta feel for Jones in all of this. Lesnar is evidently above the law here, Jones is not. Race issue?

What???
    Lesnar passed 6 drug tests last month.
    Jones failed 1.

Edit: just noticed your username and sign up.
    Troll away, my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

**** off.

2/10 troll bull**** to start ****e

Lesnar's dubious "tests" get green flagged but Jones is popped for supps!?

Suspicious.

Jones might even have a legal case here. It's a pity the mma fans are the ones who will pay the ultimate price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just ignore it lads, a reaction is all he's looking for, there's no question about it.

Moving swiftly on, can't wait to see the size of Hendricks and Gastelum tonight. It's basically a middleweight fight in the welterweight division involving two light heavyweights. Wonder will they dangle a turkey leg above the octagon to get them pumped? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

DTTB-small-150x150.jpg

• Advertisement

JJ's public image is ruined now, I hope USADA/UFC have their facts straight.

JJ should not stand for this and sign for Bellator in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Are you really blaming them? Unless they put the banned substances in the samples then all they are doing is their job. Everyone has to responsible for what goes on their body no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

brock-lesnar-ufc-wwe.jpg

13613536_1036021479841626_1902778627787234774_o.jpg

4 years later and in better shape, I need to get me some Mexican supplements

The bottom picture from yesterday is from the ceremonial weigh in when he could have been 15lbs heavier. He didn't take his shirt off in the official weigh in which is interesting.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod: Banned...as you were folks.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just ignore it lads, a reaction is all he's looking for, there's no question about it.

Moving swiftly on, can't wait to see the size of Hendricks and Gastelum tonight. It's basically a middleweight fight in the welterweight division involving two light heavyweights. Wonder will they dangle a turkey leg above the octagon to get them pumped? :pac:

Post of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

..can see her being dethroned early.

Not a chance.

Looking forward to Edgar / Aldo mostly.

Hope Sage is strangled tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Gamebred wrote:
    Hope Sage is strangled tonight.

For sages sake hopefully a light falls on his dad's head or something, that man is ruining his sons chances of making it

jcd5971 wrote: »
    For sages sake hopefully a light falls on his dad's head or something, that man is ruining his sons chances of making it

He too brainwashed to change at this rate,hes going round saying his loss was a fluke and all last time no humble attitude so hope hes humbled tonight he needs it.

• Advertisement

Rumours Ronda will be there to set up a fight between her and Meisha. I have to say I would prefer see Ronda rematch Holly before going for a shot at Meisha, we have seen Meisha v Ronda before and know how that will most likely end, unless Ronda isn't the same Ronda anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement