Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 200 Jones vs Cormier 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I watched the fight again last night, 2nd viewing, and came away with a completely different view. Live I thought McGregor easily won the 1st round. Looking back he caught him with 3 big shots, Diaz rolled with every other punch or covered up with no harm, he got bullied into the cage, got taken down with ease and only ended on top at the end of the round cos Diaz pulled guard. Diaz hit him a lot more than I thought throughout the 1st round.
    Second round is different. Diaz found his rythm and hit him with ease, slaps and all. And we all know how it finished :D
    I can't see McGregor winning the rematch if it goes ahead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Im.talking about ufc.200.

The card will be stacked so i dont think it matters who he fights. He is the.draw to casual.fans. he is the.reason.they.buy it. As such mcgregor nuthuggers you wuld.think you would believe that. Demetrious johnson is not a draw matter who he fights so they put him.on cards with.other.draws.

You can believe whatever you want. They dont release figures. All Dana says is this is the.biggest. ever after every numbered ufc.

Ufc 200 will do decent numbers reguardless I agree,but imo anyone who thinks Conor would make the same fighting Edgar on it as he would Diaz is away with the fairies,diaz = more ppv buys thats a fact,more ppv = more percentage into McGregors pocket,

Anyways I dont really care about the pay because you can be sure the fighters dont care what Im paid,

Condit Lawler rematch would be a terrific main event on this imo.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

How does Conor win this inside 5 rounds? Hell, even after 5 rounds? He isn't subbing Diaz, we know that for sure. He doesn't have the gas tank to go 5 rounds of hands with him, he didn't have 2 rounds of it! He cant knock Diaz out (only one person has ever done that, RDA) so maybe its a ref stoppage if he opens up some cuts on Diaz's face? I hope the chest infection thing is true because that could have been a big element of the gassing (which tbh I was surprised at) but Diaz will have a full camp and a good idea of what is coming now. This whole thing strikes me as the point at which Conor's ego is running the show when the smart thing to do is beat up Aldo again. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

DeVore wrote: »
    How does Conor win this inside 5 rounds? Hell, even after 5 rounds? He isn't subbing Diaz, we know that for sure. He doesn't have the gas tank to go 5 rounds of hands with him, he didn't have 2 rounds of it! He cant knock Diaz out (only one person has ever done that, RDA) so maybe its a ref stoppage if he opens up some cuts on Diaz's face? I hope the chest infection thing is true because that could have been a big element of the gassing (which tbh I was surprised at) but Diaz will have a full camp and a good idea of what is coming now. This whole thing strikes me as the point at which Conor's ego is running the show when the smart thing to do is beat up Aldo again. :/

RDA didn't knock him out.

DeVore wrote: »

RDA didnt finish him,twas a 3 rd decision (whooped him) but Diaz was out of shape missed weight for it too,he was stopped by Josh Thompson.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry, yer right, Josh Thompson was the only one to knock him out. Still, the point stands, he has only been knocked out once in his career!

Last time he was submitted was 2006. Almost unanimously his losses are by decision...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,108 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He was finished but I don't think he was actually KO'd was he

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

He was finished but I don't think he was actually KO'd was he

No took a head kick shin to face like a champion and didnt even drop,was wobbled from the follow up strikes and couldnt defend himself.

darced wrote: »

Yeah me too,same with his mendes win,porier ko and the mauling he gave Holloway,fluke so they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gamebred wrote: »
    Yeah me too,same with his mendes win,porier ko and the mauling he gave Holloway,fluke so they were.

Don't forget those fluke uppercuts he hit brimage with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Jaysus thank fook your coming round lad! :P

Of course a rematch with Aldo could go differently,but I still believe Conor would beat him Conor is his cryptonite,ranged southpaw who hits like a truck,a man who was sat on his arse by chad mendes is going to get hit by mcgregor,sure enough it took him 13 seconds the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

He doesn't have his mother making excuses for him!! At no point has his mother come out and publicly stated that he had a chest infection. If you had read the post correctly (Post #89), you would see that the poster was on the same flight as Conor's mother who said on the flight that he had been on Antibiotics (either directly to the poster or overheard by the poster - that much is not clear). There's a huge difference between her saying something to someone in confidence on a flight and her making excuses for Conor FFS!!

A fight that no one asked for but that a hell of a lot of people will pay to see. Figure that one out!

Was chatting to her as my mate & I met her on flight over to Boston for Siver fight, so she said it directly to me & my mate. Also added that he's not making an excuse, will learn from this and raring to go again.

Styles make fights,Diaz fight in comparison are like chalk and cheese to a fight with Aldo and Edgar not to mention 25lb difference in weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Why indications are being given that this would be a 5 rounder?

Push it down the card, have it 3 rounds, Conor's cardio could do that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Mexcanelo

I think Diaz will win again. I don't think Conor is able for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Why indications are being given that this would be a 5 rounder?

Push it down the card, have it 3 rounds, Conor's cardio could do that.

Don't think the UFC would ever put their biggest moneymaker anywhere other than the main event.

• Advertisement

Don't think the UFC would ever put their biggest moneymaker anywhere other than the main event.

They might if his cardio doesn't hold up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Take a look at Conor vs Mendes for example, look how fit he was despite being on his back for much of the fight. He jumped straight back up and kicked the body off of Mendes. He was seriously fit.

He is just not used to 170 yet. Give him time. This fight will be much different. I think Conor will batter him this time if he is more patient and is fitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    Take a look at Conor vs Mendes for example, look how fit he was despite being on his back for much of the fight. He jumped straight back up and kicked the body off of Mendes. He was seriously fit.

He is just not used to 170 yet. Give him time. This fight will be much different. I think Conor will batter him this time if he is more patient and is fitter.

Look closely to Conor sitting on the stool after the first round between the Mendes fight and the Diaz fight.

In the corner after the first round in the Mendes fight, Conor kept saying “I feel good, I’m good in there, I got this”. Something along those lines. He then jumped off his stool and gestured to Mendes that we go again. He was in good shape.

In the Diaz fight, Conor didn’t say a word in the corner after the first round. JK kept giving him instructions to stop going all out for the knockout, go for the body and pepper those legs. Conor didn’t listen. He was knackered after one round and he knew it.

170lbs is not for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭pgj2015

PIMPHO wrote: »
    Was chatting to her as my mate & I met her on flight over to Boston for Siver fight, so she said it directly to me & my mate. Also added that he's not making an excuse, will learn from this and raring to go again.

well saying he had a chest infection is making an excuse, if he said nothing about the supposed chest infection, then he wouldn't be making an excuse. its his ego that is looking for the diaz re match, nothing else, its a bad move for conor in my opinion.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    well saying he had a chest infection is making an excuse, if he said nothing about the supposed chest infection, then he wouldn't be making an excuse. its his ego that is looking for the diaz re match, nothing else, its a bad move for conor in my opinion.

TBF to Conor, he's not the one who said it.

Open your eyes ffs the poster clearly said it was his mother he was talking to,Conor didnt use it as an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

ASOT wrote: »
    Don't forget those fluke uppercuts he hit brimage with.

I only noticed the other day that brimage was 5' 4inches tall, that's midget territory surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Open your eyes ffs the poster clearly said it was his mother he was talking to,Conor didnt use it as an excuse.

conor made the excuse to his mother then she made it to the guys on the plane.

conor made the excuse to his mother then she made it to the guys on the plane.

Conor's like:

5d9f41a8747c39d8f126863bb466d46d.jpg

He'll get his mother to spread excuses!

Ingenious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Wasting your time lad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement