Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 200 Jones vs Cormier 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭xtal191

UFC 200 will do huge numbers no matter who his opponent is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Gamebred wrote: »
    Frankie pulls pathetic numbers Ive posted them before hes a free tv fighter nobody cares about him why should he bother his arse cutting weight for a smaller pay cheque?

You seem to be ignorant to the fact hes a prize fighter in a sports entertainment company,Im sure he gives a rats ass about what someone on an interforum thinks of him not fighting Edgar,remember legacy wont pay his bills for the next 40 years,big fights will.
    You should really use punctuation. Reading your drivel posts is so hard at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,405 ✭✭✭✭ted1

GSP would absolutely smash mcgregor.

All you mcgregor fans are mad. Diaz let mcgregor punch himself out. Hit him with one good punch and wobbled mcgregor.

Mc gregor doesn't have the chin for 170. Whether he was tired or not. If he cant take a punch from a heavier weighted fighter (nate is a 155er) and cant ko him hes in trouble. He may say he can go all day but he clearly cant.

Frankie can and has. Mc gregor is afraid of frankie wrestling the sh1t out of him.

Aldo and Frankie want Mc Gregor because he comes with a big pay day.

Diaz beat him because he wasn't prepared , he hadn't being hit by a big lad before and that's probably his camps fault , he must feel that he can train hard and get used to getting hit hard and be more effective with his gloves and feet. Show boating spinning kicks don't work on bigger guys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

You should really use punctuation. Reading your drivel posts is so hard at times.

Good post really interesting point you make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Seen as his punctuation is *drivel*, is it really that hard to read? For someone like you who is so intelligent, clearly by pointing out a users punctuation on an internet forum.

If you find his posts hard to read
    I'd have to question where you learned to read.

Get off your high horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Insegno wrote: »
    You say this as if it's fact, is there no possibility in your head that he just prefers the Diaz fight for money and revenge?

I would say mc gregor gets paid what he gets.paid regardless of who he fights. Hes the draw in any fight.

When he was not defending his belt as he was going up for a title fight, thats fair enough. Rda pulling out and diaz stepping in is fair enough.

Agaim not defending belt to fight at 170 in a fight that is for nothing really is ridiculous
    He should be defending.or relinquishing his belt.

And if people bring up other champs length of time between fights like aldo. He fought nobody in between. Mc gregor is actively avoiding defending his belt.

I would say mc gregor gets paid what he gets.paid regardless of who he fights. Hes the draw in any fight.

Wrong.

ted1 wrote: »
    Aldo and Frankie want Mc Gregor because he comes with a big pay day.

Diaz beat him because he wasn't prepared , he hadn't being hit by a big lad before and that's probably his camps fault , he must feel that he can train hard and get used to getting hit hard and be more effective with his gloves and feet. Show boating spinning kicks don't work on bigger guys.

Frankie and aldo want a belt too. Diaz was short notice. Mcgregor had full camp

Wrong.

So getting the stockton slaps again is more lucrative than being a defending champion? Casual people tune in cause of mcgregors name.

You seem to think you're the authority on all things mcgregor as well as his main cheer leader

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Mexcanelo

I may be wrong about this. But I think McGregor is making a huge mistake here.
    It was clear from the last fight that he is not able for Diaz at 170. Diaz had no time prepare, no camp and he still destroyed McGregor.

This time Diaz will be prepared and ready. I don't think McGregor's career can take another loss at this time. If he loses again, (In the words of Joe Rogan) "It's all over"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

The valid points he makes still stand however.
    McGregors in it for money, make it as fast as he can and get out.

Let frankie fight aldo, winner gets conor

Mexcanelo wrote: »
    I may be wrong about this. But I think McGregor is making a huge mistake here.
    It was clear from the last fight that he is not able for Diaz at 170. Diaz had no time prepare, no camp and he still destroyed McGregor.

This time Diaz will be prepared and ready. I don't think McGregor's career can take another loss at this time. If he loses again, (In the words of Joe Rogan) "It's all over"

If he losses hes in the exact same position as hes in now,its a genius move,blame the size lose a small bit of pull thats it earn millions.
    So getting the stockton slaps again is more lucrative than being a defending champion? Casual people tune in cause of mcgregors name.

You seem to think you're the authority on all things mcgregor as well as his main cheer leader

Again your ignorance knows no bounds,have you ever heard of ppv points?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Not that I agree with what McG is doing but in terms of money, the Diaz fight will earn him more PPV money. That's already been proven. His last fight against Diaz was the best selling PPV in the company's history. It sold more than the Aldo fight and the rematch against Diaz will sell more than another Aldo fight or a Frankie fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Not that I agree with what McG is doing but in terms of money, the Diaz fight will earn him more PPV money. That's already been proven. His last fight against Diaz was the best selling PPV in the company's history. It sold more than the Aldo fight and the rematch against Diaz will sell more than another Aldo fight or a Frankie fight.

The rematch with Diaz would sell more than those two ppvs put together, its all about the money I still dont know how people cant grasp this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

ASOT wrote: »
    The rematch with Diaz would sell more than those two ppvs put together, its all about the money I still dont know how people cant grasp this.

I think a lot of people like myself get it, but just don't think it's fair. A naive opinion I guess but I just think he should be defending or dropping the belt. I was ok with the RDA fight but this is a step too far for me. But I guess it's a money business, not a "fair" business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Mexcanelo

If he losses hes in the exact same position as hes in now,its a genius move,blame the size lose a small bit of pull thats it earn millions.

He's in the same place in terms of being featherweight champion but his brand and mystique will be severely damaged. He loses the financial muscle to demand the big pay days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I think a lot of people like myself get it, but just don't think it's fair. A naive opinion I guess but I just think he should be defending or dropping the belt. I was ok with the RDA fight but this is a step too far for me. But I guess it's a money business, not a "fair" business.

Ah i understand myself its not right but atall and he should be defending the belt, but in a profession were you get clocked in the head and put your life on the line could you really blame him getting as much money in as possible? Its a win win, exactly what Gamebred said if he wins well and good if he loses no harm done, maybe a slight loss in pull but hes still the 145 champ and a massive pull. Fair play to him anyway instead of running off back to 145, he wants to try accomplish what he started. He will take this on points imo.
    He's in the same place in terms of being featherweight champion but his brand and mystique will be severely damaged. He loses the financial muscle to demand the big pay days

Lets be realistic he doesnt, Look at Sonnen, Overeem, Bisping all lost plenty of times and are all the highest paid athletes in the business, Sure the Reem was still getting 500k show money up until his last fight.

Yeah its true nobody knows how much his pull will diminish if he loses to diaz a second time until/if it happens,my guess is not too substantial,''hands up 170 wasnt for me better man won'' back to 145 then.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

McGregor lost because he gassed.

I rarely make absolute declarations here because they rarely are accurate but that's one no one can dispute. McGregor gassed and then got punched until he decided to try to take it to the ground in desperation where is was only a matter of time before Diaz choked him out. But it started with the gas tank emptying.

You cant train cardio in months. Sometimes you cant train it in years even. McGregor could be more efficient and economical with his energy sure, but that means throwing less shots and putting less on them. When we was giving it everything he had, he didn't look like putting Diaz away. Backing off isn't going to get the job done either.

Maybe it will take the fight into the later rounds? Sure, presuming Diaz doesn't take it to the ground, but then there is that questionable gas tank again. McGregor didn't have 2 flat out rounds in him. That should worry any serious fan (and don't be mistaken, I want Conor to win, I think he's exciting and good for the sport (when he keeps a leash on his mouth :) ). But that gas tank... is not getting any better by Ufc 200. And Diaz chin isn't getting any weaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,405 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Frankie and aldo want a belt too. Diaz was short notice. Mcgregor had full camp

Full camp , but it wasn't the correct camp, he didn't expect what he got. This time he'll be better prepared.

The other two want the money , Hie much has Aldo made in all his years compared to McGregory?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

ted1 wrote: »
    Full camp , but it wasn't the correct camp, he didn't expect what he got. This time he'll be better prepared.

And Diaz won't be?

Diaz was drinking a cocktail on a yacht when he got the call ffs.

I'm reading plenty of comments saying McGregor will be better prepared etc. Fact is, so will Diaz.

I still expect Diaz will destroy him again. McGregor can't take a hit from a man the size of Diaz and no full camp will fix that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Faugheen wrote: »
    And Diaz won't be?

Diaz was drinking a cocktail on a yacht when he got the call ffs.

I'm reading plenty of comments saying McGregor will be better prepared etc. Fact is, so will Diaz.

I still expect Diaz will destroy him again. McGregor can't take a hit from a man the size of Diaz and no full camp will fix that.

At 55 McGregor wins imo, at 170 he loses nearly every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I honestly think McGregor can do it if he turns it into a Mayweather style boxing match. Jab all night picking Diaz off to take rounds, while then also constantly attacking Nate's lead leg to slow him down coming forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Paully D wrote: »
    I honestly think McGregor can do it if he turns it into a Mayweather style boxing match. Jab all night picking Diaz off to take rounds, while then also constantly attacking Nate's lead leg to slow him down coming forward.

Absolutely agree with this.

Mix this in with the occasional .body shot/kick and he will set him up nicely for a 3rd or 4th round finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I haven't seen enough if Diaz to know if he can only fight one way ir can change things up. He knows he can take Conors shots now so maybe he'll be more confident in the next fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

John_D80 wrote: »
    Absolutely agree with this.

Mix this in with the occasional .body shot/kick and he will set him up nicely for a 3rd or 4th round finish.

he doesnt have the reach to win a jabbing match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Plus how shiite of a spectacle would that be

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

I posted the day I landed back in Ireland and said I was on same flight as Conor's Mum and she said that he'd been on antibiotics for a chest infection 2 weeks leading up to the fight. Obviously didn't want to disclose this or make an excuse so kept it under wraps. Explains why he went for early KO & gassed. If he's fully fit, he'll beat Diaz IMO.

Again your ignorance knows no bounds,have you ever heard of ppv points?

Yes i have. Have the ufc ever officially disclosed ppv sales?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

The reach difference is only an inch or two at very most. McGregor has all the tools required to play an evasive game with a straight line mover like Diaz. Head movement, lateral movement, leg kicks, devastating body kicks and the sweetest slip to lead left in all of MMA to name but a few. Just needs to use them next time.

And who said anything about a jabbing match anyway? Using he jab would only be part of the overall gameplan if he decides to fight an intelligent fight next time out.

EDIT: Sorry, you're right, it actually was mentioned about Jabbing all night. My bad. lol :-)

Still though IMO he would not limit himself to working a jab all night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement