Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Also for those of you might have kids to entertain, the free VR Playroom is worth picking up as well.

A lot of the games on it involve one person in the headset, while other players control action from the tv screen with controllers. For example one of them has the VR headset player as a cat hiding behind a curtain in the kitchen (you just move your head forward or back to hide or pop out), while the non VR players are mice trying to grab cheese before he comes out to eat them :D

The Playroom entertained me and my mates too :P ...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Version 2 is the latest model, definitely the one you want to go for.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Is this one from Smyth’s Version 2?

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/virtual-reality/virtual-reality-devices/playstation-vr-starter-pack/p/164471

I’m afraid I dong know how to tell the difference between Versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Drumpot wrote: »

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/virtual-reality/virtual-reality-devices/playstation-vr-starter-pack/p/164471

says CUH-ZVR2 so I reckon you're good to go (it's 2nd version)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Yep that is the V2 headset.

mrcheez wrote: »
    says CUH-ZVR2 so I reckon you're good to go (it's 2nd version)

Thanks for all the help everyone.

I’m gonna get it later. Already have Battlefront and a boxing game I accidently bought that is VR

Is it just as easy to buy games from PS store? Also I’m gonna get those controller thingys with the balls on top, is it worth also getting the gun controller thingy aswell? And do you need ear phones , if so can somebody recommend some please ?

• Advertisement

I assume the Smyths Mega Pack bundle is also PSVR2?

This Firewall game looks class, is it ever on sale? It seems to be hard to get the aim controller I remember when Farpoint was on sale with it but I didnt have VR then..

Psyched to get back into VR gamimg, have quite a few titles in my library from when I previously owned it so have them downloaded now..

This Firewall game looks class, is it ever on sale? It seems to be hard to get the aim controller I remember when Farpoint was on sale with it but I didnt have VR then..

Psyched to get back into VR gamimg, have quite a few titles in my library from when I previously owned it so have them downloaded now..

Firewall was actually free about 2 months ago on PS Plus :o

It's my favorite VR game by far, have countless hours sunk in to it - the AIM controller just takes it a whole other level but you can still play with the DS. Think of Rainbow Six Siege in VR and you might have an idea of how cool it actually is once you get in to it ;)
    Drumpot wrote:
    Thanks for all the help everyone.

I’m gonna get it later. Already have Battlefront and a boxing game I accidently bought that is VR

Is it just as easy to buy games from PS store? Also I’m gonna get those controller thingys with the balls on top, is it worth also getting the gun controller thingy aswell? And do you need ear phones , if so can somebody recommend some please ?

Very easy to buy games on the store and none of them are really massive so can be downloaded quick enough.

I'd recommend you get the Moves if you can for most titles, just the immersion of having 2 controllers that represent your hands in game is unreal.

As for headphones, the set comes with a clip in pair of short ones and all audio is 3D. I don't use them really for anything apart from Box VR (standard headset is way too dangerous for that sort of activity :D), just my normal gaming ones for everything else.

Yeh, that has lots of extra games for 30e extra but doesn’t seem to clarify if it’s t he first or second version.

Firewall was actually free about 2 months ago on PS Plus :o

It's my favorite VR game by far, have countless hours sunk in to it - the AIM controller just takes it a whole other level but you can still play with the DS. Think of Rainbow Six Siege in VR and you might have an idea of how cool it actually is once you get in to it ;)

Very easy to buy games on the store and none of them are really massive so can be downloaded quick enough.

I'd recommend you get the Moves if you can for most titles, just the immersion of having 2 controllers that represent your hands in game is unreal.

As for headphones, the set comes with a clip in pair of short ones and all audio is 3D. I don't use them really for anything apart from Box VR (standard headset is way too dangerous for that sort of activity :D), just my normal gaming ones for everything else.

Noooooo, I didnt add Firewall when it was free on Plus :( .. At least I don't think I did haha

Yeh, that has lots of extra games for 30e extra but doesn’t seem to clarify if it’s t he first or second version.

Just for reference, this part in brackets under the product description shows if it is the V2 - PlayStation VR Starter/Mega Pack (CUH-ZVR2). I'd be surprised if there are any bundles outside of Amazon or Ebay that would have the V1 headset any longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just checked my library and I have Firewall, nice!

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Nice! haha Well worth a try even with the dualshock, also has the best community of any game hands down - no annoying screaming or singing kids, or any toxic bul**** - quite an older playerbase and all the better for it. Some of the lobbies are great craic :)

Lucky someone taught ahead :P

I just purchased it from CEX for 11.50 posted ..

Hope it arrives by end of week.

Just played the Iron Man demo - well that’s me signed on for a day 1 purchase now.

Great looking game and a brilliant tracking system they have in place - didn’t lose my position once even when I ended up turned completely around facing the wall behind me. Can already tell it could be a very dangerous game after a few cans when the cable ends up looped around your legs haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure, ease myself in with VR Worlds. Nice relaxing dive in the sea.
    Tell that to the big feckin shark!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sure, ease myself in with VR Worlds. Nice relaxing dive in the sea.
    Tell that to the big feckin shark!

Did you get sticks with it? I'm picking mine up tomorrow. Setup take long?

To all new users don't overdo it at first and if you feel a bit uneasy take a break...don't push through it. You'll eventually get your VR legs after a few sessions.

Top tip is to get a fan blowing on you to keep cool and keeps the VR sickness at bay.

I don't need the fan at all anymore so I have this big thing just taking up space in my living room :D

Might come in handy in August or summat.

Anybody any advice?

Bought the VR system, fairly confident I’ve set it up right wires wise. Turn it on and it starts the setup screen. I checked the VR headset and you could see it was connected properly as it gave me the same instructions as the tv with regards to the camera

I can’t get past the camera stage of the setup and then realise it’s not plugged in. I go to plug it in and accidentally turn the ps4 off. There is an external hard drive connected. Both that and ps4 hard drive need to repair on start up. But I don’t know how to get back to the PS VR setup.

It’s not showing up on the ps4 system and when I put the VR headset on it’s got a USB with an X beside it and USB written below it as if it’s not connected up.

I’ve checked wires and it looks fine. There is a white light on the VR box that comes with it and the headset has blue lights at the back. For all intense and purses it feels like the VR isn’t connected, I really don’t understand what’s wrong!

Anybody have any advice , I’d really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

mrcheez wrote: »
    To all new users don't overdo it at first and if you feel a bit uneasy take a break...don't push through it. You'll eventually get your VR legs after a few sessions.

Top tip is to get a fan blowing on you to keep cool and keeps the VR sickness at bay.

I don't need the fan at all anymore so I have this big thing just taking up space in my living room :D

Might come in handy in August or summat.

Agree 100%. I over did my first vr session, by about 2 hours! Felt queasy for a couple of days afterwards. Best to build up slowly, extra 5 or10mins a day if start feeling dodgy, stop - don't soldier on!

Did you get sticks with it? I'm picking mine up tomorrow. Setup take long?

Ordered the Iron Man set for the Move Controllers. With the speed I play games I might have one played before then. :)

I was setting it up while cooking dinner so wasn't rushing through it. Simple enough setup. Wouldn't have minded if there was a USB port on the back of the PS4.
    Took a wee while of adjusting before I could see the text clearly.

But just did that one part of Worlds to try it out then turned it off.

• Advertisement

Anybody any advice?

Bought the VR system, fairly confident I’ve set it up right wires wise. Turn it on and it starts the setup screen. I checked the VR headset and you could see it was connected properly as it gave me the same instructions as the tv with regards to the camera

I can’t get past the camera stage of the setup and then realise it’s not plugged in. I go to plug it in and accidentally turn the ps4 off. There is an external hard drive connected. Both that and ps4 hard drive need to repair on start up. But I don’t know how to get back to the PS VR setup.

It’s not showing up on the ps4 system and when I put the VR headset on it’s got a USB with an X beside it and USB written below it as if it’s not connected up.

I’ve checked wires and it looks fine. There is a white light on the VR box that comes with it and the headset has blue lights at the back. For all intense and purses it feels like the VR isn’t connected, I really don’t understand what’s wrong!

Anybody have any advice , I’d really appreciate it.

You should have a usb connection there somewhere that isn’t plugged in, 2nd cable from the left on back of processor. I normally get that when I disconnect the Vr accidentally to plug in controller charging cable. So 4 cables coming from back of processor unit, the Connection 2nd from the left needs to be plugged in to USB port

• Registered Users Posts: 11,684 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Does anyone play Everybody's Golf VR? I played it sitting down with the controller and I was shocking at it. I'm going to play it on my feet with the move controllers next time around.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ordered the Iron Man set for the Move Controllers. With the speed I play games I might have one played before then. :)

I was setting it up while cooking dinner so wasn't rushing through it. Simple enough setup. Wouldn't have minded if there was a USB port on the back of the PS4.
    Took a wee while of adjusting before I could see the text clearly.

But just did that one part of Worlds to try it out then turned it off.

Remember to do the eye calibration setup if things look blurry, it will make some difference to the clarity in the headset. Lens are basically focussed at a default width, but you can calibrate it to your own eyes if they are further or closer apart.

You have only dipped your toes in the water with the shark dive (I’ll get my coat :D).

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Does anyone play Everybody's Golf VR? I played it sitting down with the controller and I was shocking at it. I'm going to play it on my feet with the move controllers next time around.

I think it's gonna be in the Days of Play sale so I might grab it.

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Agree 100%. I over did my first vr session, by about 2 hours! Felt queasy for a couple of days afterwards. Best to build up slowly, extra 5 or10mins a day if start feeling dodgy, stop - don't soldier on!

One of the first games I played the night I got it was Eve Valkyrie demo - be grand I said, sure it’s only a space fighting game. First part of the demo - a ****ing barrel roll at speed out of a space station....nearly vomited all over myself and had to turn it off and lie down on the floor for 20 mins I felt so sick :D

You should have a usb connection there somewhere that isn’t plugged in, 2nd cable from the left on back of processor. I normally get that when I disconnect the Vr accidentally to plug in controller charging cable. So 4 cables coming from back of processor unit, the Connection 2nd from the left needs to be plugged in to USB port

Thanks, it seems like the USB connection between ps4 and the Storage device that comes with Vr is very very sensitive

Got it working thanks. Is there focus tools on the VR to get the headset perfect or is there always a bit of a kinda blurry section? I guess it will take a bit of getting used to.

Also is it easy to get used to changing settings like if you want to sit-down or stand up playing games? Suppose it all just takes some time to sort out.

One of the first games I played the night I got it was Eve Valkyrie demo - be grand I said, sure it’s only a space fighting game. First part of the demo - a ****ing barrel roll at speed out of a space station....nearly vomited all over myself and had to turn it off and lie down on the floor for 20 mins I felt so sick :D

Played it for 20 mins tonight and a bit nauseous. I’m finished for the night!!!

Thanks, it seems like the USB connection between ps4 and the Storage device that comes with Vr is very very sensitive

Got it working thanks. Is there focus tools on the VR to get the headset perfect or is there always a bit of a kinda blurry section? I guess it will take a bit of getting used to.

Also is it easy to get used to changing settings like if you want to sit-down or stand up playing games? Suppose it all just takes some time to sort out.

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/PS-VR-Blurry-Picture-Issues?language=en_US

Here’s a page of tips for the focus. So first thing is you will need to move the headset around a small bit until it’s clear (for me its at a point slightly forward so my eyes are level with the upper half of the lens but it all depends on your own eyesight really) - there is a dial on the back of the headset that you can twist which will tighten it once you get a good clear picture.

If that doesn’t work, do the “measure eye distance” setup.

Once you have the camera in a good spot you shouldn’t need to change anything for standing or sitting - if the camera can see most of your body and the controllers at standing height you’ll be grand seated as well (I normally move a small bit back from where I would stand when sitting so it can see me and the tracking lights with no issues)

Played it for 20 mins tonight and a bit nauseous. I’m finished for the night!!!

What did you pick for the first game? :D

• Advertisement

You have only dipped your toes in the water with the shark dive (I’ll get my coat :D).

Yeah was thinking of that shark was bad without hurting me, I really should stay away from Resident Evil

Advertisement