Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah was thinking of that shark was bad without hurting me, I really should stay away from Resident Evil

Oh no I think you really should try it for a few mins before bed....with the lights off and the headset up full. Get them full body chills going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Drumpot wrote: »
    Thanks, it seems like the USB connection between ps4 and the Storage device that comes with Vr is very very sensitive

Got it working thanks. Is there focus tools on the VR to get the headset perfect or is there always a bit of a kinda blurry section? I guess it will take a bit of getting used to.

Also is it easy to get used to changing settings like if you want to sit-down or stand up playing games? Suppose it all just takes some time to sort out.

It'll always be a little "jaggy" compared to looking at flat screen games on your TV, plus there's the screen-door effect but that's just the limitations of this gen VR.

It's definitely more noticeable on the OG PS4 rather than the Pro, but honestly after the first few hours you stop noticing it and the immersion of being "in the game" is what surpasses all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Yeah was thinking of that shark was bad without hurting me, I really should stay away from Resident Evil

Definitely try out Danger Ball its like VR Pong with your head I played it for hours when I got my VR the first time..

I've only played RE in VR and have yet to finish it, so damn scary... But I will definitely go back to it now..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Blaze420 wrote: »
    What did you pick for the first game? :D

Just loaded up some game with this robot teddy grabbing gold coins and killing these square spiders!

Just loaded up some game with this robot teddy grabbing gold coins and killing these square spiders!

Jaysus I have absolutely no idea what game that is, sounds bizzare :D

• Advertisement

Jaysus I have absolutely no idea what game that is, sounds bizzare :D

Neither do I, it just loaded up after I got the VR loaded up. :confused:

You are running around some cartoon land jumping , bit like super Mario.

Neither do I, it just loaded up after I got the VR loaded up. :confused:

You are running around some cartoon land jumping , bit like super Mario.

Astrobot?? You defo need to give that a second chance if you can, it’s brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I'm addicted. I'm getting a Aim Controller after work today. Does that PS3 Move Sharpshooter work or only the Aim Controller? And where is the mic on the VR headset? I was talking to myself yesterday on Firewall and some fella started talking back!

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I'm addicted. I'm getting a Aim Controller after work today. Does that PS3 Move Sharpshooter work or only the Aim Controller? And where is the mic on the VR headset? I was talking to myself yesterday on Firewall and some fella started talking back!

Only the AIM works, it turns Firewall in to a whole different game though when you have the feeling of actually holding the gun. The mic is under the front section somewhere, the flattest button on the circle of 3 is mute/unmute.

PaddyBomb wrote: »

Where abouts you getting it? Is it on offer anywhere?

Also has anyone tried PSVR on Steam? I see the Serious Sam VR series is on sale and am tempted to purchase if it will work with PSVR

• Advertisement

Where abouts you getting it? Is it on offer anywhere?

Also has anyone tried PSVR on Steam? I see the Serious Sam VR series is on sale and am tempted to purchase if it will work with PSVR

Not sure where you are based but Argos seem to have them for 70e, in stock as well. They don't seem to come bundled with Firewall or Farpoint anymore so it's just the controller on it's own now.

Just a tip for anyone using the AIM with Firewall - go to the game settings and turn the "Offset" setting off to give you a 1:1 representation of the gun in game. The offset setting makes the gun higher in game than you are actually holding it (to stop you obscuring the headset tracking lights with the gun). With it turned off, the gun will be exactly where you feel it is - way better for aiming down sight and general feel/maneuverability (blindfiring around corners etc).

Not sure where you are based but Argos seem to have them for 70e, in stock as well. They don't seem to come bundled with Firewall or Farpoint anymore so it's just the controller on it's own now.

Just a tip for anyone using the AIM with Firewall - go to the game settings and turn the "Offset" setting off to give you a 1:1 representation of the gun in game. The offset setting makes the gun higher in game than you are actually holding it (to stop you obscuring the headset tracking lights with the gun). With it turned off, the gun will be exactly where you feel it is - way better for aiming down sight and general feel/maneuverability (blindfiring around corners etc).

I'm not sure that I can actually suffice paying 70euro for a piece of plastic, or is there electronics built in to the aim controller?..

Crazy that stock for aim controllers and move controllers seems to be so bad..

I'm not sure that I can actually suffice paying 70euro for a piece of plastic, or is there electronics built in to the aim controller?..

Crazy that stock for aim controllers and move controllers seems to be so bad..

The AIM is a full controller - your front handle has L1/L2, Start, D-Pad and Analog stick while the main handle has the X,O etc buttons, R1 and an analog stick.

Some games are built for it (Farpoint, Firewall) while others will also allow you to use it (Arizona Sunshine, Crisis VRigade, Brookhaven) and then you also have games that have modes it can be used in (Blood & Truth for example will let you run the assault rifle challenges with it and also give you exclusive Skeet shooting challenges that can only be played if an AIM is connected). There's some good looking games coming as well that will utilise it like Firewall (Alvo & Zero Caliber to name 2).

The AIM is a full controller - your front handle has L1/L2, Start, D-Pad and Analog stick while the main handle has the X,O etc buttons, R1 and an analog stick.

Some games are built for it (Farpoint, Firewall) while others will also allow you to use it (Arizona Sunshine, Crisis VRigade, Brookhaven) and then you also have games that have modes it can be used in (Blood & Truth for example will let you run the assault rifle challenges with it and also give you exclusive Skeet shooting challenges that can only be played if an AIM is connected). There's some good looking games coming as well that will utilise it like Firewall (Alvo & Zero Caliber to name 2).

I just realised I won't have the move controllers till July when Iron Man is released :P .. Does it only require 1x Move controller?

I just realised I won't have the move controllers till July when Iron Man is released :P .. Does it only require 1x Move controller?

I thought the same thing you did before I got one - that it was just a plastic holder to place the Moves in. :D:D No moves required, it's a completely standalone controller with it's own tracking light.

I thought the same thing you did before I got one - that it was just a plastic holder to place the Moves in. :D:D No moves required, it's a completely standalone controller with it's own tracking light.

Never go full retard, I have reserved the last one in Argos now hopefully my VR and Firewall get dispatched today..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Is the mega pack in Argos at €279 still a good price? €50 more than Smyths but they're out of stock for home delivery and the closest to me is 30km away.

Is the mega pack in Argos at €279 still a good price? €50 more than Smyths but they're out of stock for home delivery and the closest to me is 30km away.

I honestly dont know why argos is so much more expensive, I taught this would be the pricing everywhere..

It depends on whether you want to pay an extra 80euro for the 4 extra games (Resi 7, Everybody's Golf, Astro Bot and Skyrim VR) ..

Astrobot disc version is 20euro in Smyths, Resi 7 can be got cheap.. Then I am not sure what prices Everybody's Golf and Skyrim VR go for..

The starter pack is still 200 in Smyths and in stock from what I can see..

The prices on the PS store for Skyrim & Golf compared to the physical copies Argos have are ****ing ridiculous :D

Skyrim VR - PS Store - €69.99 - Argos €21.99
    Everybodys Golf - PS Store - €39.99 - Argos €19.99

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You should reach out to argos and ask them via twitter or something. 229 is the current RRP so they have no reason to be charging 50 extra.
    Though looks like they charged 40 extra before

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

these move controllers, is there generics one can purchase? Madness they dont sell them

these move controllers, is there generics one can purchase? Madness they dont sell them

Nope just the official ones, and they have been in short supply for a long time - it's like gold dust coming across a new set of them. 2nd hand are frequent enough in places like CEX/Gamestop but I wouldn't go near them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Surely the vr deal in Smyths would be deemed essential travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I honestly dont know why argos is so much more expensive, I taught this would be the pricing everywhere..

It depends on whether you want to pay an extra 80euro for the 4 extra games (Resi 7, Everybody's Golf, Astro Bot and Skyrim VR) ..

Astrobot disc version is 20euro in Smyths, Resi 7 can be got cheap.. Then I am not sure what prices Everybody's Golf and Skyrim VR go for..

The starter pack is still 200 in Smyths and in stock from what I can see..

Thanks, don't know why I didn't think of checking the starter pack in Smyths!

Nope just the official ones, and they have been in short supply for a long time - it's like gold dust coming across a new set of them. 2nd hand are frequent enough in places like CEX/Gamestop but I wouldn't go near them.

Is the gun controller thingy good? I can get hold of one of them ( while waiting to get the stick controllers) but not sure if they are worth it!

Is the gun controller thingy good? I can get hold of one of them ( while waiting to get the stick controllers) but not sure if they are worth it!

Yeah it's absolutely brilliant but it's limited to a few games and can be used as an extra peripheral in some others. If you plan to get in to Firewall I'd defo invest in one but if you might be playing more Move/DS4 based games I'd hold off. The immersion & feeling upgrade it gives to FW is unbelievable, feels like you are actually holding an assault rifle. Then you get in the game and creeping through corridors with it readied looking down sight, or holding it physically sideways to blindfire around corners.

Firewall also has tracking of your body, so if you crouch in real life you crouch in game (can also use O if the knees are bad) :D It can get pretty sweaty at times haha

Yeah it's absolutely brilliant but it's limited to a few games and can be used as an extra peripheral in some others. If you plan to get in to Firewall I'd defo invest in one but if you might be playing more Move/DS4 based games I'd hold off. The immersion & feeling upgrade it gives to FW is unbelievable, feels like you are actually holding an assault rifle. Then you get in the game and creeping through corridors with it readied looking down sight, or holding it physically sideways to blindfire around corners.

Firewall also has tracking of your body, so if you crouch in real life you crouch in game (can also use O if the knees are bad) :D It can get pretty sweaty at times haha

Thanks, I will have to have a look at this firewall game.

I will also have to play around with camera a bit as bot sure I have it right. I was getting an “out of range” warning when I wasn’t even using the full distance of the cord. I presume that’s to do with the alignment when you are lining up with camera. I find it hard to allign head and body.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You should reach out to argos and ask them via twitter or something. 229 is the current RRP so they have no reason to be charging 50 extra.
    Though looks like they charged 40 extra before

I wonder are Argos basing it on the £199 UK price? Would seem like a sterling conversion. Unusual for anyone to do 1:1 on these deals.

Thanks, I will have to have a look at this firewall game.

I will also have to play around with camera a bit as bot sure I have it right. I was getting an “out of range” warning when I wasn’t even using the full distance of the cord. I presume that’s to do with the alignment when you are lining up with camera. I find it hard to allign head and body.

You might be too close to the camera as well if it's triggering the out of range - if you try it today, when you start a game it will do a camera check of the play area. Make sure it can see your full upper body with the controller and headset lights fully in view, down to about lower thigh/knee level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I found the best position for the camera is to be up high pointing down at an angle towards your play area.

Advertisement