Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

My mates copy of Firewall arrived, I ordered before him and no sign of mine, and I just seen he has a 20GB update for the game..

Bought BoxVR and Doom VFR there on the store, going to buy Rush of Blood if I don't have it added and Robinson The Journey... Is Time Carnage worth the 7 quid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

My mates copy of Firewall arrived, I ordered before him and no sign of mine, and I just seen he has a 20GB update for the game..

Bought BoxVR and Doom VFR there on the store, going to buy Rush of Blood if I don't have it added and Robinson The Journey... Is Time Carnage worth the 7 quid?

Yeah Firewall updates are getting bigger with each operation, it's on Operation Black Dawn now and has added about 5 or 6 new maps to the base game already. New op is on the way next month as well.

Time Carnage is a wave shooter - depends if you like that thing.

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Yeah Firewall updates are getting bigger with each operation, it's on Operation Black Dawn now and has added about 5 or 6 new maps to the base game already. New op is on the way next month as well.

Time Carnage is a wave shooter - depends if you like that thing.

I suppose cant really complain at 7euro might be worth a shot ...

I see Pixel Ripped 1995 for 20e there as well - looks like it could be fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

The first pixel ripped is/was a lot of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I can't wait for the move controllers to be sent to me. I tried playing London Heist with the regular controller and it didn't feel right.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I can't wait for the move controllers to be sent to me. I tried playing London Heist with the regular controller and it didn't feel right.

The smile on my face when I found I could stick my head out the van window like a dog :pac:

Yeah they should just release iron man now with the move controllers haha

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tetris Effect is meant to be good, isn't it?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The smile on my face when I found I could stick my head out the van window like a dog :pac:

:D You can also open the door to shoot out of it. Also, the cigar in the first part will blow smoke if you inhale/exhale with it to your mouth with the mic on.
    CastorTroy wrote: »

Ehhh...it's alright I suppose. I tried the weekend trial when it was available and wasn't that impressed with it.

• Advertisement

:D You can also open the door to shoot out of it. Also, the cigar in the first part will blow smoke if you inhale/exhale with it to your mouth with the mic on.

Yeah, the cigar was great, basically tried to interact with everything and was so class when a character would react to me. Can't wait for the sticks to get Blood and Truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

It's supposed to be good, but I'm waiting for a sale on it. When it drops to €10 or thereabouts I'll jump on it.

I think we've reached the stage where we have enough people playing VR to start a "What are you playing" thread.

So I did just that.. enjoy! :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058081567

mrcheez wrote: »
    It's supposed to be good, but I'm waiting for a sale on it. When it drops to €10 or thereabouts I'll jump on it.

It's amazing in fairness, it's polished Tetris but the soundtrack and visuals are great.
    This is a little like beat saber being very small price drops in it.
    So I decided to pony up the cash and get it.

Another 3 hours to go with the download of S&S and I’ll be getting some stabby stabby action with single zombies in my area :D Can’t wait!

Walking Dead VR. Escape actual reality to enter a world where there's a deadly outbreak and people only venture out when necessary

Walking Dead VR. Escape actual reality to enter a world where there's a deadly outbreak and people only venture out when necessary

I was watching The Thing recently and it's eerily similar to our reality.

If only you could put a flame to someone you suspected of having Covid-19 and they'd show their true horrific form

****in hell lads Saints and Sinners is brilliant - I’ve only started In to the first area but the combat feels absolutely brutal, the strength of your swing determines if you kill them in one go or have to pull it out and go for another stab. Love the 2 handed axe swing as well.

One thing I noticed is the handgun doesn’t seem to hit dead on even if I’m sure my aim is spot on - is it something to do with the offset setting in the options? I was in tutorial section and fired 3 shots but only 2 of them hit even though I had the walker dead on in my sights for all of them?

I see Pixel Ripped 1995 for 20e there as well - looks like it could be fun :)

It's short but it's very good fun

1st off, everybody's golf vr is class, very relaxing.

2nd, is there a way to have sound fine directly from the headset? I don't want to use the earphones as I'm keeping an ear on the baby monitor but don't want to use the telly speakers either as the volume is down.

I can see what looks like a speaker underneath the visor on the opposite side of the volume control or is that the mic maybe?

• Advertisement

I take that back. I quickly turned into happy gilmore when he had all power but no aim and wanting to choke my caddy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

How did you find it playing with the controller and did you play standing or sitting?

2nd, is there a way to have sound fine directly from the headset? I don't want to use the earphones as I'm keeping an ear on the baby monitor but don't want to use the telly speakers either as the volume is down.

I can see what looks like a speaker underneath the visor on the opposite side of the volume control or is that the mic maybe?

Manual says it's the microphone. No speakers listed. just the headphone jack

How did you find it playing with the controller and did you play standing or sitting?

Sitting with the controller, felt a bit awkward, will try standing Southern time, would say it feels much better standing and with the move.

Manual says it's the microphone. No speakers listed. just the headphone jack

Thanks man, thought it might have a speaker but not a big deal.

Turn on the ambient mic so you can hear noises around you/your own voice in the headphones not as much of a distraction as you might think.
    But great for a baby monitor in the room to pick up

coolisin wrote: »
    Turn on the ambient mic so you can hear noises around you/your own voice in the headphones not as much of a distraction as you might think.
    But great for a baby monitor in the room to pick up

Class, will definitely try that, thanks!

Convinced my mate to get VR and now have got him to get Firewall and PS Aim Controller.. Both our VRs arriving today can't wait to dig into Firewall..

I think a sweatband needs to be recommend for the walking dead :D There’s a special type of panic that sets in when you run out of bullets, your only knife is now broken after being lodged in a zombies face and you have multiple of the ****ers coming at you. Had a wow moment last night in it - ended up in the above situation while looting a house, 2 zombies shuffle in to the kitchen - I spotted 2 whiskey bottles and thought about throwing them before realising they can actually be smashed off the counter and turned in to a stabby implement. 2 zombies ended by broken Jack Daniels bottles through the forehead haha

Love it so far, still figuring out the food and crafting systems though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

PSVR arrived from smyths today by DPD.

Only have the dualshock at the minute so dunno whether to wait until next month to set it up.

Excited to get it up and running as are my gf and housemate.

Advertisement