Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Do any of you get motion sickness playing some games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Jordan 199 wrote: »

You can do.
    I did at the start.
    But never play through the pain. Keep the room cold. Open a window have a fan blowing.
    Start with comfort settings on full slowly relaxing them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Jordan 199 wrote: »

First few times I did a backflip in Sairento was pretty bad. Also get occasional light headedness when playing Audica (for some reason).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The Persistence (at least the demo of it). Full on unreal overheating in my brain, gut wrenching stomach sickness, and that was after just 5 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Wipeout did it for me. The first big drop and I was lucky I hadn't yet eaten that day!

• Advertisement

Wipeout did it for me. The first big drop and I was lucky I hadn't yet eaten that day!

Wipeout didn't bother me, but Scavengers Odyssey killed me, that was the worst. But that was the first couple days of ownership.

Wipeout I was better on my VR legs at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

coolisin wrote: »
    Scavengers Odyssey killed me, that was the worst.

Ha, same! Speaking of which, I haven't actually played it since the first week I got the PSVR in 2017. I wonder would it have no effect on me now?

Farpoint was the first VR experience I tried the night I unpacked the PSVR and that gave me a bit of the pukey feeling the first time

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103811664&postcount=1705

*sigh memories* :cool:

Talking of which... I never got around to completing Farpoint goddamnit... that's next on my list!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Loved Farpoint, wish there was more experiences akin to it.

Dont think I ever completed Farpoint myself actually! It is a great experience, but was a game I needed to play in small chunks.

Recently played Scavengers Odyssey think it is the slow full rotation that murders you.
    But I could play through it is a really cool looking game, but it made me a little dizzy still.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone got the 2nd version of PSVR and willing to take a close look on the inside under the rubber bit for the earphone holders on each side. It look like this under that bit? obviously don't force anything.

Under earphone holder.

510503.JPG

Earphone holder

510504.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi,

My 12 year old was using move controllers and one of the moves now does not charge? No visible damage, anyone have this issue and know of a fix?

Thanks!

sticker wrote: »
    Hi,

My 12 year old was using move controllers and one of the moves now does not charge? No visible damage, anyone have this issue and know of a fix?

Thanks!

Old or New version?
    and How long have you left it on charge for?

And have you tried pressing the reset button to see if it helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone got the 2nd version of PSVR and willing to take a close look on the inside under the rubber bit for the earphone holders on each side. It look like this under that bit? obviously don't force anything.

This?

Cannot wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭kerplun k

This is next on my list for Quest

kerplun k wrote: »
    This is next on my list for Quest

You already have the quest and its not already downloaded!!! Shame on you!!!

coolisin wrote: »
    You already have the quest and its not already downloaded!!! Shame on you!!!

I'm waiting on a sale myself... but it's definitely on my to-buy list

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm waiting on a sale myself... but it's definitely on my to-buy list

Do games like this go on sale on Steam? I know some folks on r/psvr who waited months for Beat Saber to go on sale and it never did.

I was almost going to buy a Quest and this game would have been a big reason for it - may hold off now.

Do games like this go on sale on Steam? I know some folks on r/psvr who waited months for Beat Saber to go on sale and it never did.

I was almost going to buy a Quest and this game would have been a big reason for it - may hold off now.

Beat Saber is pretty unique in that it never goes on sale, but yes most VR games would go on sale on both Oculus and Steam regularly.

Steam discounts tend to be better though, so I'll grab this on Steam once it dips and play on Quest via Virtual Desktop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I’m still waiting on beat sabre to go on sale:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Vader VR trilogy coming to PSVR. Looks really good. May the 4th be with you and all that...

https://www.ilmxlab.com/news/just-announced-vader-immortal-is-coming-to-playstation-vr/

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Vader VR trilogy coming to PSVR. Looks really good. May the 4th be with you and all that...

https://www.ilmxlab.com/news/just-announced-vader-immortal-is-coming-to-playstation-vr/

I have it on Quest. It's great but short, though the lightsaber dojos are fantastic and provide endless replayability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Also played this on Quest. It’s an amazing experience and graphically it really pushes the boundaries of the Quest.

I don’t know if they could justify €24 for it on PSVR as generally there’s more options in the PS store that are more competitively priced.

With the options and prices available on PS store, I think I’d be a bit annoyed if I paid €24 for such a short game.

I thought it was very like The Inpatient in that it was more of an experience than game.

I’d love if one of the big developers came out and made a proper Star Wars game that mixed elements of Vader Immortal and the Star Wars battlefront mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Walking Dead Saints & Sinners just been released on the PSN store

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Walking Dead Saints & Sinners just been released on the PSN store

Great call - Just purchased.

s8n wrote: »
    Great call - Just purchased.

Let us know how it is... are you on Pro or Slim?

I was planning on getting this on Rift, but I have $60 on my US PSN account which I might just drop on this.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Let us know how it is... are you on Pro or Slim?

I was planning on getting this on Rift, but I have $60 on my US PSN account which I might just drop on this.

I'm on pro, downloading now

Just had time to play the tutorial and its very smooth, graphics are impressive. Looking forward to jumping back in tonight

• Advertisement

Just need a date on Iron Man VR, and I will be happy!
    We have a good couple of weeks ahead, with Walking Dead, Pixel Ripped 1995, Vadar Immortal (No date yet).

Advertisement