Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

coolisin wrote: »
    Just need a date on Iron Man VR, and I will be happy!
    We have a good couple of weeks ahead, with Walking Dead, Pixel Ripped 1995, Vadar Immortal (No date yet).

Good shout re pixel 95, didn't realise it was out so soon till you said (quick Google says may 19th EU)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Good shout re pixel 95, didn't realise it was out so soon till you said (quick Google says may 19th EU)

Yeah think this week in the US two weeks later in the EU store

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Lots of good feedback on this on reddit... I think this could be my next purchase once I've finished Half Life Alyx :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Saints and Sinners came out of nowhere! Just bought it, will come back in a while to tell how it is. I am excite!

OK. So yeah, it's good. The graphics are pretty good. Still has some blurring, but that's the limitation of the PSVR itself. Plays smoothly, didn't notice any issues in that regard. The combat, at least the melee combat, is satisfying. Swinging an axe around with 1 hand is pointless, but with 2 it's vicious. Similarly, the shiv/knife is satisfying, with the first hit usually lodging, and the second push being the kill. Firearms seem OK, but didn't really get to use them yet.

There is a story, and what appears to be an absolute crop tonne of stuff to collect/craft. Everything is salvageable, but limited space. The way you store/retrieve stuff is really well done. If you want to collect some junk for scrap, you just "put" it over your left shoulder and it goes into the bag. Can have a small weapon or firearm on either hip, 2 handed weapon on the right shoulder. Flashlight on your left tit, journal on the right. And they're smart, everything except the weapons auto holsters when you leave go.

But, to me, it still suffers locomotion issues. I still don't like the hold button to move, and with the button turn system it takes away from it for me. Could be a lot better if the 3D rudder is supported. Can be played sitting down, as crouch is a button. I didn't play too long last night, but the hour or so I played, before I got caught and killed by 3 zombies was enjoyable. There doesn't appear to be a timer on anything, except the day/night cycle.

It's definitely one of the best VR games available on PSVR, and I'd say if you didn't mind the movement in most games, you'll love this. Seems long, or at least has a lot to do. I'll play more this evening for sure, maybe sitting this time as my legs were getting sore last night from non use while standing.

As with nearly every game on PSVR, I feel like I'm playing the inferior version, and I've no doubt it is better on Quest, etc. Can only imagine how it would be on Index!

• Advertisement

Update: Changed turning to smooth and played sitting down. Much easier, but a stool is best because you're constantly reaching to your hips.

Plays like a survival sim, you get missions and can tackle them at your own pace, at least for now anyway. I'm sure there'll be timed missions at some point.

Slowly getting the head around crafting, need more backpack space. But shur every loot game is like that. I can see them changing the inventory space to stacking, as a shotgun frame takes up the same room as a spoon. Can see changes to stacking for smaller items.

Melee is satisfying. A recent tip told me its about the arc and not the speed, so longer slow swings works better. So far, recommended. Even at the launch price. Can't see whats worth ah extra €20 for the Tourist edition.

Iron Man new release date is July 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

Hey folks. Just getting into PSVR. I notice in Golem You can use the PlayStation move Navigation controller. Meant to be better that way too. Can anyone verify what other games use the navigation controller?

Not many I'm afraid.
    Three I know where Golem, a tennis one and honour and duty where talking about implementing it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

sooo... how is it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I downloaded it but won't get a chance to play til tonight

I downloaded it but won't get a chance to play til tonight

yeah I'm going to try to avoid videos of it until I try for myself, but from all accounts on reddit, it looks great!

This is a golden few months for VR on all platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I couldn't find it on the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

it really wasnt easy to find

s8n wrote: »
    it really wasnt easy to find

Even more challenging was trying to find out how to download the demo after purchasing from the website!

One would assume it automatically appears in your library

I found it eventually

If this game is as entertaining as the demo I'm very excited.
    Maybe I'm looking at this with rose tinted glasses,

But hand tracking appears to be exceptional no loss of tracking which is a first no matter what way you spin, getting caught in the wires going around in circles.
    The visuals even on the OG PS4 are great.

Kept messing up the buttons for firing and flying but that's just a matter of getting used to, using the triggers to fly makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Haven't played my psvr in ages and lost the cables to charge my move controllers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Saints and Sinners came out of nowhere! Just bought it, will come back in a while to tell how it is. I am excite!

Thanks for the review! I have come so close to buying vr in every sale but think i might pull the trigger next week, the walking dead game definitely pushing me closer. Do you need move sticks for it? If i do get vr, i plan on getting the ironman pack in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's ok....then appeared next day
    Thanks anyway

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Thanks for the review! I have come so close to buying vr in every sale but think i might pull the trigger next week, the walking dead game definitely pushing me closer. Do you need move sticks for it? If i do get vr, i plan on getting the ironman pack in July.

Yeah you need Moves for Walking Dead, and around half of the better VR games so it's well worth getting them if you're going virtual. Usually quite hard to come by so that Iron Man bundle is brilliant value

wow colour me impressed with Iron Man... the free flying mode was great fun. Shooting/punching was so-so, but damn that flying felt so good.

Apologies if i asked this and was answered during the last psvr sale but any advice would be appreciated.

1. Is there a list of games that requires move and ones that work fine with just ds4?

2. Does what your looking at in the headset also show up on the TV?

3. Can the camera sit under the telly or does it have to clip on top?

Thanks

1. Is there a list of games that requires move and ones that work fine with just ds4?

Not the most up to date list, doesn't have Saints and Sinners, but has Blood and Truth so not very old, plus it's mostly a compatible list rather than a only Move list: https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/accessories/controller--headset---playstation-camera/ps-move-ps-vr-aim-compatible-games/

2. Does what your looking at in the headset also show up on the TV?

Yes, depending on the game. Some games have something different on the tv for local multiplayer, ie: Keep Talking or Explode (or something like that).

Either is fine. Comes with a stand that easily goes on top of a tv or underneath.

Awesome thanks man!

Looking up saints and sinners videos since your thoughts on it, looks incredible. Would be July till i get the move controllers, no way paying more for 2nd hand ones.

Just played Iron Man demo. Holy f###. Gave me the wow factor again like when I first tried vr. Graphics are by far the best I've seen in vr (I'm using normal ps4, not pro). Feel of flying is spot on, shooting feels great too. And the demo level is brilliant, real intense action at times with just enough story.

Tbh wasn't overly pushed by this before as not a huge Marvel fan, but looking more and more likely day 1 purchase for me now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Thanks

I have mine positioned above head height (it’s sitting on top of a large mirror behind the tv) and that works perfectly fine for all games in my opinion. I did try it under the tv (at stand height before) but that causes problems for the likes of Firewall Zero Hour (camera gets confused about which light it’s tracking when you have the aim up to your face obscuring the headset) and found it hampered other games with the moves where I’d drop something in game and be unable to reach it because the camera stopped tracking at knee level.

If you can set it someway that the camera is able to see you from above at an angle, your controllers and somewhere near floor level around you you’ll be sorted for the majority of games.

• Advertisement

it's best to have your camera up at eye level and pointing slightly downward so invest in a tripod or similar. Doesn't need to be behind TV, can be anywhere where you have more room to stretch out arms while standing.

Advertisement