Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Transfer in Firmino Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Did Willian -> Sanchez yesterday.

Leaves me with MF of Payet / Sanchez / Ozil / Mahrez / Gosling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Lads does anybody know what is the story with Winston Reid? Is he nailed on to play more? I like West Hams fixtures and see him as a possible swap for Moreno who I need shut of. The .1 saving also enables me to get Sanchez in for Ozil before Ozil drops tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Lads does anybody know what is the story with Winston Reid? Is he nailed on to play more? I like West Hams fixtures and see him as a possible swap for Moreno who I need shut of. The .1 saving also enables me to get Sanchez in for Ozil before Ozil drops tonight.

Was looking at him too as I have to shed some GW27 blankers. (Sakho or Jags)
    I'm not a WH fan but I think he would be a starter if his minutes after injury don't need managing. Hopefully one of the Hammers around here will know more.
    I'm leaving KDB on the bench this week and rolling over the other transfer atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Bench one:

Ivanovic Daniels Dawson Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm a West Ham fan and have him in my team - he's our best defender, chances of CS's go up when he's there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Can people stop transferring out Lukaku?
    Don't want to take another price drop on him, but don't want to sell before the Newcastle game on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

spock. wrote: »
    Bench one:

For me it's a coin toss between Ivanovic and Daniels benched. I think you sold Ziggy so hope for 0-0 in that one.

ElTel wrote:
    For me it's a coin toss between Ivanovic and Daniels benched. I think you sold Ziggy so hope for 0-0 in that one.

Yeah I was leaning toward Daniels, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Bench one:

I'm playing Williams over Daniels I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I wouldn't bench Daniels

Palace's goal against Spurs was their first in six league games, and an OG at that.
    And then in the cup they only got one at home to a Stoke, who had leaked 8 in their last 3 away games, and were fielding a near 2nd team and the regulars knackered from 120 minutes in the league cup.

edit: Also the reverse fixture was 0-0 in GW18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wouldn't bench Daniels

Palace's goal against Spurs was their first in six league games, and an OG at that.
    And then in the cup they only got one at home to a Stoke, who had leaked 8 in their last 3 away games, and were fielding a near 2nd team and the regulars knackered from 120 minutes in the league cup.
    I'm currently playing Morgan over daniels which I may need to revisit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I think Palace will score, Adebayor is good for a goal on debuts or at the very least will uplift the squad/crowd

Time to switch out Darren Fletcher for a more attacking but similar priced player.

Bournemouth looking obvious so who is the safest choice to stay in the team and play every week - Gosling, Surman or Stanislas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Surman is nailed with no competition, but I'd rather Gosling who has also started every match for a while and scored

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Bench one:

I have Dawson and Daniels, gonna start Dawson for definite. Torn between Toby, Daniels and Delaney, prob start Toby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Bench one....

Mahrez, Alli, Payet, Firmino.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Already did De Bruyne to Sanchez. Is it worth shipping Ozil out for someone for a -4? Not too keen on Arsenal midfield double up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Mulling over a

De Bruyne -> Silva
    Ozil -> Sanchez

Gonna mull for about 3 more minutes I reckon and then I'm pulling, lol

Mulling over a

De Bruyne -> Silva
    Ozil -> Sanchez

Already did De Bruyne to Sanchez. Is it worth shipping Ozil out for someone for a -4? Not too keen on Arsenal midfield double up

Not for -4, you can sell Ozil next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

FHFC wrote: »
    Bench one....

Tough one.

Alli always scores away from home apparently, but if you have Kane you are kinda covered.

Firmino maybe? If he does well you won't lose much ground. He might be considered a differential in this scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Bench one....

Same headache I have this week, I'm edging towards Firmino at the minute even though I just got his this week. It's a toss up between him and Mahrez!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lights On wrote: »
    Same headache I have this week, I'm edging towards Firmino at the minute even though I just got his this week. It's a toss up between him and Mahrez!

I had Firmino in for his big haul so happy to bench him. Have him on bench all week but just reviewing it. It between him and Alli really.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bench one....

Mahrez's ownership too high to consider leaving out for this imo, it could undo your good work.

At first glance, I would say drop Firmino ahead of the others. And looking at ownership levels would confirm that for me. Play it safe with a somewhat defensive minded decision.

Rikand wrote: »
    Mulling over a

De Bruyne -> Silva
    Ozil -> Sanchez

just spotted the city blank in 3 GW's, so nevermind bringing in Silva lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Happy to go for KDB out for Sanchez. Problem is I'm 0.3m short for that one.

So, I think Walker is the man to make was. Spurs missing a key defender, plus Walker seems to be part of a rotation. Trying to think if defender that will be have as few blanks as possible. Already have Simpson, so thinking of Southampton defender. Bertand or VVD would prob make the most sense, but that wouldn't solve my Sanchez shortfall. So that leaves Soares or Targett. Targett is a great price, but will he continue to start? Also concerned over Soares certainty of starts. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Edit: have 2Fts

Have 2 FT's. Just burned one by taking KdB out for Sanchez.

I'd like to bring Target in. I'd transfer him in for one of Alder, Bellerin or Nyom.... but might bank the 2nd transfer to better prepare for DGW potential

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

FHFC wrote:
    Bench one....

Emm
    I'd Fc*uk Payet,
    Marry Mahrez and Alli
    and Avoid Firmino.

wait no wrong game,
    I'd probably bench Firmino over Mahrez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

So, I think Walker is the man to make was. Spurs missing a key defender, plus Walker seems to be part of a rotation. Trying to think if defender that will be have as few blanks as possible. Already have Simpson, so thinking of Southampton defender. Bertand or VVD would prob make the most sense, but that wouldn't solve my Sanchez shortfall. So that leaves Soares or Targett. Targett is a great price, but will he continue to start? Also concerned over Soares certainty of starts. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Edit: have 2Fts

Cedric Soares nailed on to start long term.
    (has played vast majority of games all season so far. missed some around xmas with injury.)

Targett not so much but has been playing great. want him in myself but afraid theyll go back to 4 at the back with Austin signed, Pelle nearing fitness and Tadic making a big impact from the bench lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

shineon23 wrote: »
    Cedric Soares nailed on to start long term.
    (has played vast majority of games all season so far. missed some around xmas with injury.)

Targett not so much but has been playing great. want him in myself but afraid theyll go back to 4 at the back with Austin signed, Pelle nearing fitness and Tadic making a big impact from the bench lately

Yeah, thought so. The difference in price is so tempting though! Going for Soares would only leave me with 0.1 in the bank. Going for Targett would leave me with flexibility in other areas.

Advertisement