Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Transfer in Firmino Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Gonna wait on news of his injury first before I make any decision. Want to bring in Sanchez but already have 3 Arsenal players and I don't want to end up doing a -4. Getting harder and harder trying to hold onto my wild card.

I thought I would keep Lukaku for at least another 5 GW's but worried about fatigue. Would like to see him rested this weekend for FA cup.

Think I'll hold fire simply because a replacement isn't obvious. Can't afford the drop but will have to accept it.

If Costa wasn't such a Díck on the pitch I'd bring him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Current MF = Ozil Mahrez Payet Gosling Willian

Option 1
    Willian -> Sanchez

Option 2 (-4)
    Willian -> Sanchez
    Ozil -> Silva
    Mahrez -> Alli

Any thoughts? Ozil close to a drop though it wouldn't be a deal-breaker so I'm inclined to leave it til after the cup games.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Will wait on news regarding kdb injury, but it's not looking good for him. As a replacement, I'm looking at 3 names. I may cave in and get firmino, Sanchez is obviously an option, and then silva. Will wait for more confirmation on dgws before making the move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I wasn't going to do anything, but after De Bruyne's injury I'm strongly considering:

Ozil -> Sanchez
    De Bruyne -> Firmino

Silva very tempting too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Never like to see a player injured but that KDB injury should benefit me. Hopefully there will be a dgw25 for city and if it's announced before Tuesday I'll do Siggy --> Silva and treble up on Yaya, Silva and Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

0.1m short to do KDB to Silva and Giroud to Aguero. That is quite annoying.

Was gonna do KDB to Silva and Ozil to Sanchez but that would leave me 0.6 short to bring in Aguero next week for Kane. Think it might be wc time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Why is Ozil close to a drop? Sanchez being back??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Will do KDB to Silva/Yaya if City have a DGW25, otherwise no clue since I'd like to see Sanchez make it through a start first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

4 weeks ago I had one of the so called template midfield- and couldn't see anyway i'd change any of these- season keepers almost:D

Ozil DeBruyne Mahrez Barkley.... (Ali became my bench player)

2 free transfers this GW brings in Firminho and Sanchez giving me-
    Sanchez Firminho Payet Ali (Mahrez as my bench player)
    Surprised myself at how much it has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Why is Ozil close to a drop? Sanchez being back??

That and 2, 2, 0, 2....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

PARlance wrote: »
    Have you had a blackout of Liverpool's season? :)

Even a DGW wouldn't tempt me a whole pile for defensive cover.

No :P. And that's why Mignolet never crossed my mind. But didn't realise he's only £4.9m and DGW25 for 'Pool could be Sunderland & Everton at home. After the Austin-Phillips-Benteke DGW last year I'm wary of ignoring any DGW opportunities on paper...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    That and 2, 2, 0, 2....

And in this week's hard hitting documentary by the FSA Network we'll be investigating this strange occurrence in "The Prodston Effect"

Just how can expert assister and lead candidate for player of the year simply drop off a cliff in terms of form the second Mr.P brings him into his team? Is there an aftershock to being moved on again 2 GWs later that produced an actual injury? Or is it all just a coincidence?

Coming to you from the producers of "Making a Mr.P" they'll take you on a journey through various seasons when the Prodston Effect theory was only in it's infancy. However, now. Thanks to science, you'll be taken to new and never before seen places.

"The Prodston Effect" tonight at 10:00pm, only on the FSA Network. Also there'll be a teaser of next week's documentary directly after tonight's show, "KevIRL's Lucky Man: Captain Fantastic".

And in this week's hard hitting documentary by the FSA Network we'll be investigating this strange occurrence in "The Prodston Effect"

Just how can expert assister and lead candidate for player of the year simply drop off a cliff in terms of form the second Mr.P brings him into his team? Is there an aftershock to being moved on again 2 GWs later that produced an actual injury? Or is it all just a coincidence?

Coming to you from the producers of "Making a Mr.P" they'll take you on a journey through various seasons when the Prodston Effect theory was only in it's infancy. However, now. Thanks to science, you'll be taken to new and never before seen places.

"The Prodston Effect" tonight at 10:00pm, only on the FSA Network. Also there'll be a teaser of next week's documentary directly after tonight's show, "KevIRL's Lucky Man: Captain Fantastic".

Any.truth in the rumours that FSA Network is working on a 16 part series presented by Professor Iused2likebusts called "The Existential and Metaphysical Implications of a Points Hit". I believe it's scheduled for a 2am repeat to help any insomniacs. :)

Have been approached for a weekly slot myself called "Regression to the Mean for Dummies ".

That and 2, 2, 0, 2....

Well, when you put it like that :D
    Going to give him 1 more week, then going to go dann/ozil for Sanchez/4m def

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Just a quick plug, I shall be presenting a mini series at the end of the season called "House of Tards", where I reflect on some of the fantasy football managers worst decisions made during the course of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Alli in for KDB. Could've been dangerous as a non owner vs Norwich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Panthro wrote: »
    Just a quick plug, I shall be presenting a mini series at the end of the season called "House of Tards", where I reflect on some of the fantasy football managers worst decisions made during the course of the season.

Part 1: The Mahrez Benchers of GW15

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Part 1: The Mahrez Benchers of GW15

Starring FHFC in the main role....

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Starring FHFC in the main role....

Opening scene....a homeless alcoholic FHFC wandering around Letterkenny mumbling "fcuking Swansea useless barstards..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

KDB out for 6 weeks apparently. Silva in for him then, I guess.

KDB out for 6 weeks apparently. Silva in for him then, I guess.

Had done this transfer on Sunday, i obviously knew something would happen KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Panthro wrote: »

There's actually a spin off this as well in production starring my good self...."The Big Blank Theory - Why Cartman78 kept Nathaniel Clyne in his team for 20 Game Weeks"

I actually spent a fair chunk of time today looking for footballer-film & tv show name puns....

'The Neville Wears Prada' seemed to be everywhere but my own favourites were 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Skrtels' and 'The Wind That Shakes the Bardsley'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Am I mad to be still thinking of bringing in Aguero for Vardy while keeping De Bruyne in my team?

Mahrez Ozil Payet Alli De Bruyne
    Ighalo Lukaku Vardy

The guy nearest to me in my league doesn't have Aguero. I can see him transferring De Bruyne out for Alli as he's been saying he needs to save up for Aguero.

Edit: If I do transfer De Bruyne out it will probably be for Sanchez. Leaving me without any Man. City players for their next two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Aenaes wrote: »
    Am I mad to be still thinking of bringing in Aguero for Vardy while keeping De Bruyne in my team?

Mahrez Ozil Payet Alli De Bruyne
    Ighalo Lukaku Vardy

The guy nearest to me in my league doesn't have Aguero. I can see him transferring De Bruyne out for Alli as he's been saying he needs to save up for Aguero.

Edit: If I do transfer De Bruyne out it will probably be for Sanchez. Leaving me without any Man. City players for their next two games.

I'd be happy playing those 4 mids without taking a -4 and benching KDB. In fact they're currently my 4 at the moment. Definitely get Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Cartman78 wrote: »
    There's actually a spin off this as well in production starring my good self...."The Big Blank Theory - Why Cartman78 kept Nathaniel Clyne in his team for 20 Game Weeks"

I actually spent a fair chunk of time today looking for footballer-film & tv show name puns....

'The Neville Wears Prada' seemed to be everywhere but my own favourites were 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Skrtels' and 'The Wind That Shakes the Bardsley'

I'll throw in my FPL team name to the list: 'One Flew over Lukaku's Nest'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

lougal88 wrote: »
    I'll throw in my FPL team name to the list: 'One Flew over Lukaku's Nest'

I thought I was being clever when I came up with Sung-yuengs OfAnarKi

Hindsight I wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Any.truth in the rumours that FSA Network is working on a 16 part series presented by Professor Iused2likebusts called "The Existential and Metaphysical Implications of a Points Hit". I believe it's scheduled for a 2am repeat to help any insomniacs. :)

Have been approached for a weekly slot myself called "Regression to the Mean for Dummies ".

The points hit theory hasn't been used so far this year. I'm predicting gw 27 with a few teams having a blank is when it will get its seasonal debut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I can play the part of the token female analyst. :pac:

Advertisement