Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Transfer in Firmino Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Hello!

I need some help with my team please:

LdGLdHN.png

I think Aguero is a must have at the moment but who to go??? I've 2FT so was thinking
    Arnie>>>Stalisnas
    Vardy>>>Aguero
    KDB >>> Ali

Worth the -4? It would leave me with 1.6 ITB.

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Issac wrote: »
    Hello!

I need some help with my team please:

LdGLdHN.png

I think Aguero is a must have at the moment but who to go??? I've 2FT so was thinking
    Arnie>>>Stalisnas
    Vardy>>>Aguero
    KDB >>> Ali

Worth the -4? It would leave me with 1.6 ITB.

Any other suggestions?

I'd be tempted to Kane to Aguero instead of Vardy if you're getting Alli. Saves you a hit and Vardy could be valuable since he's on pens and has guaranteed fixtures in GW27 and 30

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Sounds good, thanks! Had thought about that too. Plus it saves me having 3 Spurs players too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Thanks ....my question to anyone else wondering is what one keeper would be best to replace Butland till end of season,Stoke seem to have lost shape a bit at the back the last few games.
    Sorry should have listed my defenders.

Alder,Cresswell,Dann, Nyom,Simpson.

Half thinking of
    Alder< Targett

as Spurs defending has deteriorated lately.

I'm thinking of the Alder to Targett move myself but I see no reason to do it this GW. Alder plays Norwich whereas Targett plays Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Need some help with my front 8 –

Have already done Arnie > Firminio....have about 1.4m in the bank.

Firminio Mahrez KDB Alli Payet

Aguero Ighalo Lukaku

Going with the ‘form over fixtures’ approach, I would bench either KDB or Lukaku.

Also, thinking about a KDB > Sanchez switch but might wait another week and give KDB a chance to redeem himself against Sunderland.

Is KDB > Sanchez worth the hit for this GW :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Still have both Alder and Bellerin myself. Their price tags are burning a hole in my pocket. And not that I need the money, but there's plenty of value in cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

So transferring Vertonghen in last week didn't really go that well.
    Considering Vertonghen -> Borthwick Jackson (already have Targett)
    Mahrez -> Firmino

Would have 0.0 left in the bank if I made that move so might have to move quick but I'm apprehensive about getting rid of Mahrez as it seems like Leicester will be one of the few teams with a PL fixture in GW 30..

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

So transferring Vertonghen in last week didn't really go that well.
    Considering Vertonghen -> Borthwick Jackson (already have Targett)
    Mahrez -> Firmino

Would have 0.0 left in the bank if I made that move so might have to move quick but I'm apprehensive about getting rid of Mahrez as it seems like Leicester will be one of the few teams with a PL fixture in GW 30..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Townsend to Newcastle fee of 12 agreed between both clubs.

I can see next week's transfer thread title already.

"Week 25, transfer in the spacecraft experience thread"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Tip of the cap to the Spuds for getting £12m for that waster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Matt Targett or Danny Simpson as a cheapie replacement for Shawcross? Have Mahrez and no Southampton players. Surely Leicester aren't suddenly defensive dynamos with their recent form in that area?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Anybody tracking price drops on Fpl stats today?

Seems to be a lot of hate for Danny Pugh.

He's currently at -5453.2 lol
    Could be a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dsmythy wrote: »
    Matt Targett or Danny Simpson as a cheapie replacement for Shawcross? Have Mahrez and no Southampton players. Surely Leicester aren't suddenly defensive dynamos with their recent form in that area?

Simpson. I don't think Targett is guaranteed his place yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Apparently KdB has managed to injure himself while diving. Or so Twitter says. Be handy, like, as I sold him on Saturday. Would certainly ease the fear.

Apparently KdB has managed to injury himself while diving. Or so Twitter says. Be handy, like, as I sold him on Saturday. Would certain ease the fear.

Possible ligament damage according to Newstalk.

Lukaku dropping in price tonight and I can't afford the hit so who to bring in ?

I have Aguero and Kane up front.

Sanchez, Mahrez, Payet and Firmino in midfield.

Looking at fixtures it's hard to look past Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham.

I have no Chelsea cover but I'm being drawn to Giroud.

Any suggestion ? I've got 3 hours to decide on a replacement.

Apparently KdB has managed to injury himself while diving. Or so Twitter says. Be handy, like, as I sold him on Saturday. Would certainly ease the fear.

Twitter is a liar whoever he is!!

Jarred his knee. Looked like his studs caught in the turf. Probably knee ligaments. Not good at all.

Let's forget about FPL for a minute lads. Nobody likes to see this sort of injury.

Lukaku dropping in price tonight and I can't afford the hit so who to bring in ?

Enner Valencia. If I had balls, I'd be doing that transfer myself. If only because he's in form, has a masterful Payet behind him, and is playing Villa at home.

lougal88 wrote: »
    Twitter is a liar whoever he is!!

Jarred his knee. Looked like his studs caught in the turf. Probably knee ligaments. Not good at all.

Let's forget about FPL for a minute lads. Nobody likes to see this sort of injury.

That bad? I'm a fan of his. Saw a lot of chatter about how it's his own fault, but haven't see it so I'm fully prepared to accept it's just stirring or looking for RTs on Twitter!

Enner Valencia. If I had balls, I'd be doing that transfer myself. If only because he's in form, has a masterful Payet behind him, and is playing Villa at home.

I am really tempted and he is on the current short list of 3 but not sure I want two Hammers attackers.

• Advertisement

That bad? I'm a fan of his. Saw a lot of chatter about how it's his own fault, but haven't see it so I'm fully prepared to accept it's just stirring or looking for RTs on Twitter!

I cannot see how anybody could blame the player for that. Studs got caught and turned his knee. I'd disregard twitter. Take it from people who actually watched the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Adebayor is a solid choice.

... said no one ever.

Adebayor is a solid choice.

... said no one ever.

Fine line between a lunatic and a genius

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

actually no blame to him at all,
    Baines rakes his cafe with his studs, he turns and falls over and his ankle and knee are twisted as his trailing foot catches in the turf.

It's alright, fellas, you have convinced me! Like I said: was just regurgitating what I saw on Twitter! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Personally I think selling Lukaku is madness

Personally I think selling Lukaku is madness

I agree.

You have a very decent front 7 as it is.
    Consider swallowing one drop with his next game home to Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Think I made a mistake the other day. Got Boruc in for Myhill to avoid losing a precious £0.1m on the latter. With my 10 days forum blackout, I did not have access to the dedicated thread about this potential DGW25 for 'Pool. Just realised I could have just afforded Mignolet :rolleyes:... If DGW25 is confirmed this move could prove itself very costly...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

iroced wrote: »
    Think I made a mistake the other day. Got Boruc in for Myhill to avoid losing a precious £0.1m on the latter. With my 10 days forum blackout, I did not have access to the dedicated thread about this potential DGW25 for 'Pool. Just realised I could have just afforded Mignolet :rolleyes:... If DGW25 is confirmed this move could prove itself very costly...

Have you had a blackout of Liverpool's season? :)

Even a DGW wouldn't tempt me a whole pile for defensive cover.

• Advertisement

Just done KDB to Sanchez....taking a hit after Arnie to Firminio a couple of days ago.

Had KDB since day one so kinda sad to see him go but probably would have happened soon either way.

Advertisement