Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Transfer in Firmino Thread

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

shineon23 wrote: »
    Cedric Soares nailed on to start long term.
    (has played vast majority of games all season so far. missed some around xmas with injury.)

Targett not so much but has been playing great. want him in myself but afraid theyll go back to 4 at the back with Austin signed, Pelle nearing fitness and Tadic making a big impact from the bench lately

I'm not certain he's nailed just yet either. Plus their 3 of their next 4 fixtures ain't so hot defensively. I was all set to get him for Moreno before he rose but will probably bank now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Gambled and brought in Valencia for Ighalo.. Fingers crossed as most in my league have Ighalo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I played this transfer week like a rookie. Should have jumped straight on Firmino & Targett to benefit from their rises and allow for Sanchez in.

Now, think it's too late and I may be better benching KDB & playing Ozil rather than "minusfouring" in Sanchez with either a Saints mid or Targett. Thing is last time I "minusfoured" (I actually "minuseighted") in a big gun, it was Aguero GW14 and that was the beginning of the end for me. Now that I came back from there I'm a bit reluctant to do it again. If I hold I can make these 2 transfers for free next GW. Am I right in holding?

While I'm at it, what's the story with Saints mids? Tadic only plays bits and pieces but does get pts. Mané is subbed off early (though generally after the hour mark), Davis is injured, JWP doesn't play much and is not that great an option (he had 1 blinder that's all right?). So does that leave Wanyama their best mid option for all the blank GWs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I would only get Austin or maybe Davis as 5th mid from Soton attack

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So, in other words, Wanyama could re-become my "great" 5th mid enabling bench fodder ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

I wouldn't get any of their attackers in a hurry.

Still not certain Austin will be getting 90 mins every week ahrad of Long and Pelle.

With all the strike options at other clubs itd be risky, woukd put Vardy, Ighalo, Giroud, Lukaku, Kane, ahead of him as a mid price-premium striker.
    Erner Valencia would be my cheapie pick going forward.

Austin over Vardy maybe as a differntial for the week with a lot of blanks.

Davis is an option as a 5th MF. I cant go near him though, have Alli as my 5th MF(bought at 4.9)
    If you're never playing your 5th mf wayanama at 4.2 better option(price wise as a non-playing sub)

After tomorrow, Southampton have a very nice run until GW 36(Man City).
    I will be getting in a defender. probably Cedric, then maybe Forster as a Hart's blank replacement.
    It'd really be ideal if Targett keeps playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just looking for a rule clarification.
    lets say I transfer out Lukaku tonight AFTER 6:45pm when the gameweek has started, but the day before his match, does he still score points for me for this GW?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

just looking for a rule clarification.
    lets say I transfer out Lukaku tonight AFTER 6:45pm when the gameweek has started, but the day before his match, does he still score points for me for this GW?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Barkley and KDB out for Ayew and Sanchez for -4. Would have held off on Sanchez til next gw but price changes forced my hand. Let's hope for an immediate payback!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Decisions, decisions.

I've already gone KDB -> Sanchez this week, leaving me with 0.1m in the bank and 1 FT remaining.

Trying to decide if I should get rid of Ozil (don't really fancy doubling up on Arsenal mids and he's about to drop in price) and who to get in for him. I already have Payet and Mahrez.

Silva springs to mind, but I'd need to take a -4 to ditch Moreno and get in someone from Leicester to free up the funds. And he'll have a blank in GW27.

Other options include Siggy/Ayew, Wijnaldum, Firmino, Oscar?

I might just roll it over though......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Decisions, decisions.

I've already gone KDB -> Sanchez this week, leaving me with 0.1m in the bank and 1 FT remaining.

Trying to decide if I should get rid of Ozil (don't really fancy doubling up on Arsenal mids and he's about to drop in price) and who to get in for him. I already have Payet and Mahrez.

Silva springs to mind, but I'd need to take a -4 to ditch Moreno and get in someone from Leicester to free up the funds. And he'll have a blank in GW27.

Other options include Siggy/Ayew, Wijnaldum, Firmino, Oscar?

I might just roll it over though......

I'm in a v similar position. Gonna see how he goes tonight. If it's another blank then I'll probably make my 2FTs for the next GW tonight before he drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Resisting Firminho and Sanchez. Swapped Lukaku for Costa. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

loadwire wrote: »
    I'm in a v similar position. Gonna see how he goes tonight. If it's another blank then I'll probably make my 2FTs for the next GW tonight before he drops.

Yeah, I think this is the way to go. Having dodged a bullet on Ozil for a couple of days it's probably no harm to see how he gets on this evening and re-assess then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Is the most logical transfer Ozil to Sanchez?

If I want both I need to downgrade either Kane or Lukaku which I'm not keen on doing.

If I want both I need to downgrade either Kane or Lukaku which I'm not keen on doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

I certainly would not go Ozil > Sanchez and Kane/Lukaku > Downgrade this week, even if you had 2 free transfers.

Ok, Sanchez has the potential to rack up big points any week, but they are playing southampton who beat them 4-0 not long ago. Also Lukaku and Kane have very easy fixtures on paper. Lastly, Ozil has been remarkably consistent until recently, but I believe if Arsenal are to click again he will be part of it.

As an owner of Ozil, Kane, Lukaku - Sanchez is certainly on my radar but I do not think he is worth the surgery required this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Who to drop for tonight?

Mahrez(LIV), Ozil(SOU), Payet(AVL), Alli(nor), Barkley(NEW)

Lukaku(NEW), Aguero(sun)(C), Kane(nor)

Was gonna sell Barkley as he has been terrible last few weeks and with a blank GW27. Need to ship him soon as I have 2 Everton and 2 Man City but will prob carry transfer across for next week now and try get Sanchez if he goes well tonight

mectavba wrote: »
    I certainly would not go Ozil > Sanchez and Kane/Lukaku > Downgrade this week, even if you had 2 free transfers.

Ok, Sanchez has the potential to rack up big points any week, but they are playing southampton who beat them 4-0 not long ago. Also Lukaku and Kane have very easy fixtures on paper. Lastly, Ozil has been remarkably consistent until recently, but I believe if Arsenal are to click again he will be part of it.

As an owner of Ozil, Kane, Lukaku - Sanchez is certainly on my radar but I do not think he is worth the surgery required this week.

Thanks. Might just bank this week then. A lot of folk seem to have ditched Ozil for Sanchez though so hopefully he doesn't go mad tonight!

Has anyone got Aguero, Kane, Lukaku, Ozil and Sanchez?

Who to drop for tonight?

Mahrez(LIV), Ozil(SOU), Payet(AVL), Alli(nor), Barkley(NEW)

Lukaku(NEW), Aguero(sun)(C), Kane(nor)

Was gonna sell Barkley as he has been terrible last few weeks and with a blank GW27. Need to ship him soon as I have 2 Everton and 2 Man City but will prob carry transfer across for next week now and try get Sanchez if he goes well tonight

I'd drop Barkley. You have Everton cover with Lukaku anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Reid in for Jagielka. Still debating my KDB replacement so will roll over the other transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Thanks. Might just bank this week then. A lot of folk seem to have ditched Ozil for Sanchez though so hopefully he doesn't go mad tonight!

Has anyone got Aguero, Kane, Lukaku, Ozil and Sanchez?

I've got those 5 so hoping for a big Arsenal performance. Will see how Ozil performs tonight may move him on before the weekends fixtures

Advertisement