Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Transfer in Firmino Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

CSF wrote: »
    I don't really want to get rid of the massive amount of retained value in Ozil unless I'm going to want to going forward.

I know value isn't the biggest thing at this stage of the year but I don't want to be throwing it away either.

It's all risk and reward! I liked the look of Sanchez, and I'm willing to take a risk on him outperforming Ozil for the rest of the season.

Besides, if one of the top ranked players in the world right now can get away with captaining Butland, I can have hope in Sanchez. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Personally, I'm happy to have got rid of Ozil and my value tied up in him so I don't feel the need to carry him through a likely GW30 blank. He also wouldn't be my preferred Arsenal mid for a DGW (I certainly wouldn't captain him over Sanchez)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Need to get Sanchez in ASAP. I am torn between the following two options. Any assistance is much appreciated:

Sanchez and Targett > Ozil and Creswell

or

Sanchez and Firminio > Ozil and Silva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Did Siggy --> Sanchez last night before the price rise.
    Not sure how I feel about it with possible dgw announcements to come but it's done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Personally, I'm happy to have got rid of Ozil and my value tied up in him so I don't feel the need to carry him through a likely GW30 blank. He also wouldn't be my preferred Arsenal mid for a DGW (I certainly wouldn't captain him over Sanchez)

This.

I feel if I want Ozil it will be as part of an occasional double up with Sanchez and happy I'll be able to accomodate that if needed. Once I get in Targett I'll have a very cheap backline and a lot of flexibility in the front 8 which I'm keeping strong through these blank/doubles.

Ideally Sanchez gets a few points vs Southampton and Ozil blanks cause Ozil's price should drop nicely in that scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Am I right in saying there's still a possibility for Newcastle and Man City to have DGW's in GW 25? Or is it very wishful thinking at this stage?

Am being forced into transfers tonight to get Sanchez in.
    Looking at 4.6 or less defenders? to free up funds.
    Is it mad even considering a Newcastle defender if a possible double upcoming before the blank?

Or what are my other options at 4.6 or less.
    Don't fancy doubling up on teams as defence is weak enough at the minute

Current defensive cover is:
    Hennessy-Hart
    Dier-Wolly-Simpson-Bennett-XXX

At the minute am looking at one of the following;

Adam Smith (possible long term 5th def as I'll move Bennett on soon)

Targett (possible long term 5th def)

James Collins (is his place secure for another few weeks)

Jonas Olsson (very punty, anyone see him keeping his place?)

Coloccini (possible DGW)

Anyone any thoughts on which way to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

DGW25 is still available for Man City and Newcastle, but if they don't announce it by Tuesday I don't see it happening.
    I would pick a defender that has guaranteed GW30 so Targett. If Bournemouth get a tough draw, you could also go for Smith, but we don't know how Elphick's return will shake up the back 4 (besides Daniels and Francis who are nailed)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wrong that I'm actually considering going against the thread and doing Firmino OUT instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wrong that I'm actually considering going against the thread and doing Firmino OUT instead?
    Liverpool don't score enough goals
    have a blank in 27
    I certainly would not be buying him in but wud perhaps hold him if I had him . but I don't so :D

km79 wrote: »
    Liverpool don't score enough goals
    have a blank in 27
    I certainly would not be buying him in but wud perhaps hold him if I had him . but I don't so :D

If I want Sanchez it's him, Ozil or Payet, and Liverpool have a massive pileup of fixtures approaching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

May go Ozil to Silva. That way I'll be set for possible dgw 25. If there's no dgw 25 I can just transfer him to Sanchez if needs be for gw 25. Just a matter of hoping Sanchez doesn't post a big haul in gw24 or Silva out scoring him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Never really thought he was a reliable player at all. He'll have one fantastic game every now and then that will fool people into thinking he's the next Mario Gotze. Although Sunderland and Villa at home soon so I'd probably hold. In for Sanchez, then probably a yes from me! It's a very tough choice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

If I want Sanchez it's him, Ozil or Payet, and Liverpool have a massive pileup of fixtures approaching.

I'd sell Ozil ........

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    I'd sell Ozil ........

He has a fixture in GW27 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'm finding it very had to fit Sanchez into my team.

https://gyazo.com/2f17132aebbdcb5bf5e86159fe6174fe

Just did Ozil to Sanchez. I have fear. A huge dose.

I'm finding it very had to fit Sanchez into my team.

https://gyazo.com/2f17132aebbdcb5bf5e86159fe6174fe

You're possibly overspending in defence and midfield, there's a couple of 4.0 options at the back. A combo I like in defence is maybe 2 expensive, and 3 4.0-4.5, one of which you can play alongside the 2 expensive defs.

Maybe get 4.5 bench fodder mid as alli is good enough to use as a 4th mid. I don't like spending over 9.0 on a gk combo. My current one cost me 8.4 at purchase price.

Then you could maybe downgrade Arnie to a 4.5 and and upgrade Firmino or Willian to Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

After getting Firmino in, strong chance he'll end up on my bench.

Sanchez, Ozil, Firmino, Ali, Payet
    Valencia, Agüero, Costa.

Got Valencia in as he's on great form and with villa next could easily bag a brace, Payet plays for same reason.

Which pretty much leaves Firmino to bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ah sh*te... KDB & Ozil bound to drop tonight.

If I get Sanchez in I have £9.4m available. Alli, Payet Mahrez Lukaku Kane Aguero the rest of my strikeforce. If we knew City-Newcastle was gonna be played GW25 I'd get Wijnaldum in. But we don't and his other fixtures (bar GW25) are crap.

What would you guys do? Get Sanchez and another sub £9.5m mid (but who ???) for -4 or swallow a £0.2m min resale value loss...
    Or get Sanchez in for KDB and downgrade one of my def (e.g. Souaré to Targett or ditch Bellerin but decent fixture this week).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

stephenl15 wrote: »
    You're possibly overspending in defence and midfield, there's a couple of 4.0 options at the back. A combo I like in defence is maybe 2 expensive, and 3 4.0-4.5, one of which you can play alongside the 2 expensive defs.

Maybe get 4.5 bench fodder mid as alli is good enough to use as a 4th mid. I don't like spending over 9.0 on a gk combo. My current one cost me 8.4 at purchase price.

Then you could maybe downgrade Arnie to a 4.5 and and upgrade Firmino or Willian to Sanchez.

Cheers that's a fair amount of surgery, agreed on the keepers, mig out I think and maybe Dawson to targett that may then allow arnie to sanchez

• Advertisement

Cheers that's a fair amount of surgery, agreed on the keepers, mig out I think and maybe Dawson to targett that may then allow arnie to sanchez

Yeah sorry that's probably not all possible but I suppose you gotta pick and choose where to make cuts, unless you wildcard :P You gotta sacrifice for Alexis haha. I was just posting my thoughts off the top of my head :)

I'd sooner sell Bellerin than Dawson personally, Bellerin hasn't been good value for a while now imo, while Dawson is off the back of a 9 pointer and I believe he has some good attacking stats can't remember specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

iroced wrote: »
    Ah sh*te... KDB & Ozil bound to drop tonight.

If I get Sanchez in I have £9.4m available. Alli, Payet Mahrez Lukaku Kane Aguero the rest of my strikeforce. If we knew City-Newcastle was gonna be played GW25 I'd get Wijnaldum in. But we don't and his other fixtures (bar GW25) are crap.

What would you guys do? Get Sanchez and another sub £9.5m mid (but who ???) for -4 or swallow a £0.2m min resale value loss...
    Or get Sanchez in for KDB and downgrade one of my def (e.g. Souaré to Targett or ditch Bellerin but decent fixture this week).

Sorry just seeing this now, did you make a transfer ?

Ozil dodged a bullet again but could probably drop tonight. I'd get rid of KDB regardless, he's out for a good while and will continue to bleed value which will further restrict your options.

I'd do KDB --> Sanchez and Souaré -->Targett. Iusedtolikebusts did a very good analysis for us and having Saints and Leicester could be very important as cover for the blank weeks coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Had 2Ft this week,

Giroud -> Ighalo
    KDB -> Sanchez

Simple maths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

don't want to do any transfers until as late as possible and we're 110% sure there's no Man City DGW next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

When will DGW's be announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

When will DGW's be announced?

Nobody knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Gentlemen

I've been wracking my brain over who to swap out for Sanchez. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

£6.2 itb

Butland Hennessey
    Wollscheid Dawson Simpson Targett Baines
    Alli Özil Mahrez Payet Firmino
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

I was all set on Mahrez but with Leicester being one of the safe teams in terms of blank weeks I'm no longer as certain. If Loic Remy goes to Leicester it could make for some more good returns for Mahrez also.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I just did Ozil to Sanchez for a -4, and I have the same midfield as you expect for Arnie instead of Payet

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Colking wrote: »
    Gentlemen

I've been wracking my brain over who to swap out for Sanchez. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

£6.2 itb

Butland Hennessey
    Wollscheid Dawson Simpson Targett Baines
    Alli Özil Mahrez Payet Firmino
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

I was all set on Mahrez but with Leicester being one of the safe teams in terms of blank weeks I'm no longer as certain. If Loic Remy goes to Leicester it could make for some more good returns for Mahrez also.

I would do Firminho -> Sanchez. Mainly for GW27 esp considering of your current squad you also have Kun, Rom and Baines not playing that week. Maybe you're planning getting rid of Rom before then in which case it's not quite as urgent to have 5 MFs playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Did Willian -> Sanchez yesterday.

Leaves me with MF of Payet / Sanchez / Ozil / Mahrez / Gosling

Advertisement