Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Transfer in Firmino Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Really need to shape up my defence. Any advice?

LLoris
    Toby Bellerin Wollscheid Ward (CP) Soare (CP)
    Soare usually on the bench, and rotate Ward with one of my other 3 depending on fixtures.

Thinking of swapping out Toby now that I got Lloris in a couple fo weeks back

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Really need to shape up my defence. Any advice?

LLoris
    Toby Bellerin Wollscheid Ward (CP) Soare (CP)
    Soare usually on the bench, and rotate Ward with one of my other 3 depending on fixtures.

Thinking of swapping out Toby now that I got Lloris in a couple fo weeks back

Any advice?

Id get rid of Lloris over Toby however you just got him. There's an argument to get rid of any Spurs def. but I'd rather Toby and a cheaper keeper.

Pointless having 2 palace defenders there's a couple of cheaper options like Simpson or Targett. Wollscheid also not so enticing with Shawcross out.

Charlie Daniels at 4.6 on pens and good fixtures. Ivanovic is a great option also given his attacking threat and Chelsea's form and fixtures . Ashley Williams looks a good option under new manager.

But yeah I'd change a lot with that defence as you can see, there's just a few ideas :D

recently sold Bellerin myself but he could still be a decent option although there are probably better maybe Ivanovic for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thanks stephen!
    Think I will get daniels in for one of the palace lads and then look at wollschied next week.
    Then maybe ship out Lloris if I can think of a replacement!

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

KDB to Firmino.

Ozil to Sanchez?

Two free transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

richieffff wrote: »
    KDB to Firmino.

Ozil to Sanchez?

Two free transfers
    I made these two free transfers this week- so hope its a good decision:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

skippy15 wrote: »
    I made these two free transfers this week- so hope its a good decision:D

We can console each other this weekend so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Thanks stephen!
    Think I will get daniels in for one of the palace lads and then look at wollschied next week.
    Then maybe ship out Lloris if I can think of a replacement!

Thanks again!

I'm keeping Henny and Ward as their fixtures look ok for 5 GWs. Unless it is to free up cash for future moves I would be slow to make D transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Anyone thinking of getting in Silva from now until GW26 and then switch to Sanchez?

I still want to keep Özil in my team, he'll still deliver at a very good rate so long as everyone else performs well. Thinking of getting rid of Mahrez for a good while but might wait until after Liverpool.

Also tempted to play both Lukaku and Deulofeu next week (Del boy played cup game so Lennon will play FA Cup and they'll rotate again). That would be very reliant on Everton who are struggling atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Vardy out, Aguero in just done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Did KDB to Silva. Really want to bring in Sanchez for Ozil but I'm not sure it's worth it against an improving Southampton, alternative is to do Kane to Aguero but I'd fancy Kane away to Norwich to get a decent score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

The points hit theory hasn't been used so far this year. I'm predicting gw 27 with a few teams having a blank is when it will get its seasonal debut.

Before anyone asks.

Don't. Ask.

Actually that should probably be in the Charter! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Before anyone asks.

Don't. Ask.

Actually that should probably be in the Charter! :eek:

Hey busts? Could you explain the theory for me again? I seem to have forgotten it :) In extreme detail if at all possible?

:cool:

Hey busts? Could you explain the theory for me again? I seem to have forgotten it :) In extreme detail if at all possible?

:cool:

Report post.

2 week ban please mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm holding off until right before the games. I'm forgetting about price rises and drops for the rest of the season.

At the moment the plan is to hope City get a DGW confirmed and go for Silva.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm holding off until right before the games. I'm forgetting about price rises and drops for the rest of the season.

At the moment the plan is to hope City get a DGW confirmed and go for Silva.

Likewise within reason. I.e. if somebody is going up next Thursday after all games played might go a day early.

I'm also going to use my extra tv to allow me to move out players short term and get them back later even i have value tied up. May move Alli on for a few weeks possibly to accomodate both Silva and Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭dahat

It is going to be Ali vs Mahrez to keep if people want Silva and Sanchez going forward especially those with Payet.

dahat wrote: »
    It is going to be Ali vs Mahrez to keep if people want Silva and Sanchez going forward especially those with Payet.

That's the conclusion I've come to.

Mahrez having a definite game in 30 and being a lot more expensive to buy back swings it his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

I'm thinking of using the first of my chips this week - All Out Attack

Line up would be as follows:

Lloris

Sagna (sun) Evans (SWA)

Alli (nor) Yaya (sun) Ozil (SOU) Mahrez (LIV) Payet (AST)

Aguero (sun) Kane (nor) Lukaku (NEW)

Subs: Delaney (BOU) Daniels (cry) Targett (ars)

I think all 8 of my attacking options have potential for a big points haul and I am not sure how much longer I will persist with a strong front 8.

Am I being too hasty with this chip? I had always thought it would be good for a "rainy day" but the attacking return potential looks so tasty!

Who to bench from my front 8 if I decide to play Daniels?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Lloris

Sagna (sun) Evans (SWA)

I think all 8 of my attacking options have potential for a big points haul and I am not sure how much longer I will persist with a strong front 8.

Am I being too hasty with this chip? I had always thought it would be good for a "rainy day" but the attacking return potential looks so tasty!

That's the conclusion I've come to.

Mahrez having a definite game in 30 and being a lot more expensive to buy back swings it his way.

Courtois - Elliot

Fuchs - Dawson - Targett - Toby - Daniels

Silva - Sanchez - Payet - Ali - Mahrez

Kane - Lukaku - Aguero

All with 1.0 ITB, guess i can squeeze them in but surely missing someone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

mectavba wrote: »

Lloris

Sagna (sun) Evans (SWA)

Go for it. AOA is a chip that doesn't really warrant DGW's, just for whenever your front 8 have good fixtures. Your front 8 have decent fixtures, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Courtois - Elliot

Kane - Lukaku - Aguero

Your team value is insane! I tried to do that with my team and was 1.3m short! And I considered my team value to be fairly good!

lassykk wrote: »
    Your team value is insane! I tried to do that with my team and was 1.3m short! And I considered my team value to be fairly good!

My OR is terrible though, have a nasty season sp far. Hoping my WC when played gives me a boost.

Courtois - Elliot

Kane - Lukaku - Aguero

I want Firmino too for 27 if a dgw.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,053 ✭✭✭✭CSF

27 would be the blank ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭COH

My team looks like this after a -8....

Butland/LLoris
    Toby/Nyom/Wolly/Targett/Simpson
    Firmino/Payet/Silva/Sanchez/Allli
    Lukaku/Aguerro/Ighalo)

Have him currently but as soon as dgw is over he is out, his purpose will be served.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Likewise within reason. I.e. if somebody is going up next Thursday after all games played might go a day early.

I'm also going to use my extra tv to allow me to move out players short term and get them back later even i have value tied up. May move Alli on for a few weeks possibly to accomodate both Silva and Sanchez.

Youd hardly sell before Norwich?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    27 would be the blank ;)

Fhfc is trying to become a dgw guru but is making far too many slip ups the past few days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I did De Bruyne to Firmino earlier in the week.

Any news on Arnautovic? I'd like to keep him if he's not too badly off.

Also Sanchez for Ozil? Worth a -4?

Advertisement