Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Transfer in Firmino Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Chesty08 wrote: »
    With KDB going down & Firmino likely to rise

Is it better to take -4 hit now
    KDB to Sanchez
    Will.i.am to Firmino

Or should I wait??

Weary of the cup games in between

If your set on those moves why not do KDB to Firmino tonight and wait on Willian to Sanchez?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    If your set on those moves why not do KDB to Firmino tonight and wait on Willian to Sanchez?

I'd be more set on Willian to Firmino.

I'm weary of value

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Going to leave Firmino. Can't see myself playing him next week so very little point. Weary of Liverpool or United attacking players. Too many flashes in those pans.

Might double up on Pulisball instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

I may have hit the trigger a tad early on the Firmino thing and bought him in without realising the two upcoming games but it's done now and if he is injured, I'm sitting on a strong bench so I'll live! Just really didn't wanna take the combo of KdB dropping and Firmino's probable +2 rise.

Famous last words.
    Cartman78 wrote: »
    Have ignored my own cautionary advice from above and dumped Arnie for Firminio.

Didn't cost that much in the grand scheme of things and didn't want to lose out on the inevitable rises coupled with probable KDB falls.

Plus Arnie has been kack since I bought him.

Plus I'm a Liverpool fan so nice to finally have a player that might actually be useful in FPL

Transferred Arnie out for Firminio.
    Spotted that there are no games till 2nd due to cup games but I think Firminio will get a couple of price rises. Would only be able to afford him at current price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I must admit I'm tempted by a KDB to Firmino gamble tonight.

Sunderland next for KDB (and he quite enjoyed the first leg) but we have to go back to August 28th in White Hart Lane to see him score more than 3 pts away from home. And he did face teams like Villa, Watford, WH away.

What I'm thinking is if I want to upgrade Ozil to Sanchez while keeping a bit of funds for 1 premium def, I can make at least £0.2m net value with this move and maybe up to £0.4m on deadline's evening day. Firmino could well rise 3 times this week and have enough to go up in the night between the 2nd & 3rd February while KDB could drop a 3rd time on the same evening, particularly if he keeps the same (away) form.

Just saw that Sunderland did not concede very much at home lately.

And just realised PVA is on 4 goals in his last 4 PL games :eek:?! WTF?! Does he play centre forward or what???!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

sheroman01 wrote:
    Who to keep as my 4th playing midfielder - Alli or Mahrez?

Simple. Alli for away game. Mahrez for home games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Will bear the loss in value on KDB and reassess after the cup semis are decided.
    I'll get a look at Sanchez too hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Will bear the loss in value on KDB and reassess after the cup semis are decided.
    I'll get a look at Sanchez too hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Have decided to let KDB have a go at Sunderland.

Most likely transfers will be
    G Johnson to Evans or McAuley
    Ozil to Sanchez

Would leave me with
    DDG McCarthy
    Dawson, Evans, Daniels, Simpson, Targett
    Sanchez, KDB, Payet, Mahrez, Alli
    Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My team:

De Gea/Hennessy
    Alder Dawson Nyom Simpson Daniels
    Alli KDB Payet Mahrez Wanyama
    Aguero Lukaku Kane
    5 mil banked.

I'm thinking of sitting on the transfer. De Gea, Alder and KDB are all on borrowed time. All three have decent fixtures next week though.

KDB I think will get an extension because they have Sunderland next week for example. Alder could score against Norwich.

Nyom could be a problem though. Has he been dropped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

De Gea > Hennessy
    Alli > Stanislas
    Vardy > Aguero

-4. Toss up between Alli and Mahrez on who to sell. Nice to finally have Kun. Triple Captain anyone :P?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

De Gea > Hennessy
    Alli > Stanislas
    Vardy > Aguero

-4. Toss up between Alli and Mahrez on who to sell. Nice to finally have Kun. Triple Captain anyone :P?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

sheroman01 wrote: »
    De Gea > Hennessy
    Alli > Stanislas
    Vardy > Aguero

Was thinking of TC for a second but it is better to save it for a double gameweek. Though that is my final chip having played the other two :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Did KDB to Firmino, have a second free, tempted by Ozil to Sanchez or Lukaku to Costa. Mahrez to Sanchez doable for a way too strong front 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

bohsman wrote: »
    Did KDB to Firmino, have a second free, tempted by Ozil to Sanchez or Lukaku to Costa. Mahrez to Sanchez doable for a way too strong front 8.

thinking about doing the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I presume we'll know a fair bit more about DGWs after the league cup semis and the FA cup matches, yes?

I'll be waiting another week before thinking too much about transfers I'd say. Value be damned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Thinking:

Mahrez out - Sanchez in
    Zouma out - Collins in

A little concerned Mahrez could run riot v Liverpool though and I'll probably want him back in 3 weeks. But want to get Sanchez early to give me power midfield and strike force:

Ozil Sanchez KDB Payet

Aguero Kane Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Need to ditch Myhill anyway, Foster or Forster in for him.

Undecided on my 2nd FT. Mahrez - Alli or might just roll it over. Probably wait till the League Cup and FA Cup fixtures and see what DGW planning makes sense then

Undecided on my 2nd FT. Mahrez - Alli or might just roll it over. Probably wait till the League Cup and FA Cup fixtures and see what DGW planning makes sense then

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shedite27 wrote: »

Do you reckon collins will start the next game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Won't be doing anything until after FA cup.
    Yaya --> Firmino is an option but I'll probably bank and give Yaya the Sunderland game.
    Happy with the rest of my team for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Are people really considering selling KDB before Sunderland??! I have the exact money for Ozil to Sanchez which I'll probably do

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Are people really considering selling KDB before Sunderland??! I have the exact money for Ozil to Sanchez which I'll probably do

That's more than likely my move aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'll be making my changes next Tuesday for sure, unless we find out how the League Cup final will affect fixtures before that time. I've no players that I'll need to get in before they rise so who I get rid of will be entirely dependent on whether the DGW is before or after the blank.

Do you reckon collins will start the next game.
    I genuinely have no idea, one of the joys of West Ham this season is that there's probably only 2 nailed on starters (Adrian and Payet). Everyone else is liable to be rotated to suit the opposition.

For CB's, we have....
    Reid - our best CB, pretty much the captain.
    Tompkins - very good defender, came through he ranks, the guy being lined up as being the future of WH.
    Ogbonna - big money singing who was on the bench for the Champions League final last season
    And then there's this big, awkward, unfashionable Welsh lad (Collins) who's playing out of his skin keeping his spot. I've no idea how long he can keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I swapped KDB out for Silva with the Sunderland game in mind, and also to free up enough to get Firminio in for Willian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I swapped KDB out for Silva with the Sunderland game in mind, and also to free up enough to get Firminio in for Willian.

Well that makes sense since you're not actually losing a city attacker before Sunderland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

I will spend the next 9 days fighting off the temptation to wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Nope. Ozil to Firmino for me. KDB gets one week more and may be transferred out for Sanchez. All after the cup games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,767 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'll be staying away from transfers until after the FA cup games.
    Have 2 FT'ers, I can use them if needs be,
    Still the wildcard and chips to play. I'm looking at you, Kun vs Villa for triple captain!

Advertisement