Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Transfer in Firmino Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Have being going with a one keeper plan for a fair while,was working out ok with De Gea and then became Butland but time to ship him out........

What Keeper would people reckon is in steady form and has decent fixtures till end of season?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Can someone recommend me a replacement keeper for Myhill. Money not an issue.

Current defenders are, Bellerin, Toby, Ward, Targett and Smith.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I must be the only one planning on getting kdb in, keep shipping him out lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Probably banking it. Will be waiting until league cup semi anyway to see if any DGW's coming up.

Defence does need a bit of a shuffle, will be moving on Dier soon as Spurs are too unreliable for clean sheets, but have Norwich next.

Anyone know why Ryan Bennett wasn't in the Nowrich squad yesterday?

I never play him but I like to have someone 3rd sub that gets minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

shineon23 wrote: »
    Probably banking it. Will be waiting until league cup semi anyway to see if any DGW's coming up.

Defence does need a bit of a shuffle, will be moving on Dier soon as Spurs are too unreliable for clean sheets, but have Norwich next.

Anyone know why Ryan Bennett wasn't in the Nowrich squad yesterday?

I never play him but I like to have someone 3rd sub that gets minutes.

The new right back Pinto started and Martin moved into central defence which meant Bennett lost out. It was always likely to happen as Norwich are short at the back and need new signings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

New CB Klose was on the bench for Norwich too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Think Dele Alli is a must have this week vs Norwich too and think i'll admit defeat and finally get him in. But for who?! Mahrez (paid 5.5) Ozil, KDB or Payet?

Dunno if I can bring myself to sell Mahrez, Ozil may become Sanchez, KDB has Sunderland and Payet is pretty essential imo. But if anything, it'll have to be Mahrez :( It would've been nice to have a player from gws 1-38 though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Think Dele Alli is a must have this week vs Norwich too and think i'll admit defeat and finally get him in. But for who?! Mahrez (paid 5.5) Ozil, KDB or Payet?

Dunno if I can bring myself to sell Mahrez, Ozil may become Sanchez, KDB has Sunderland and Payet is pretty essential imo. But if anything, it'll have to be Mahrez :( It would've been nice to have a player from gws 1-38 though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have being going with a one keeper plan for a fair while,was working out ok with De Gea and then became Butland but time to ship him out........

What Keeper would people reckon is in steady form and has decent fixtures till end of season?

Hard to recommend without knowing your five defenders.

I'd say Courtois if you want an expensive route. I'm looking at either him or the Hennessy/Elliott cut price combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Torn between Forster and Foster to replace Myhill.

My other keeper is Hennessey. I also have a Palace defender and a WBA defender. So would it be advisable to go for defensive cover from another team to avoid double ups?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

John83 wrote: »
    Torn between Forster and Foster to replace Myhill.

My other keeper is Hennessey. I also have a Palace defender and a WBA defender. So would it be advisable to go for defensive cover from another team to avoid double ups?

You could save your transfer and just play Hennessey for the next 5:

Bournemouth (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Watford (H)
    West Brom (A)
    Sunderland (A)

Would give you time to assess the DGW situation and who the best replacement is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ozil & Fletcher out. Sanchez & Stanislas in.

Monday transfers before Sanchez rises & Ozil depreciates. Praying for no injuries...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Holding off until after the cup games at the weekend.
    Kdb will get one last chance against Sunderland, and will probably hold on to Lukaku for the home game against Newcastle.
    Ozil may be the one to make way probably for Firmino or Sanchez.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

hogey143 wrote: »
    Ozil & Fletcher out. Sanchez & Stanislas in.

Monday transfers before Sanchez rises & Ozil depreciates. Praying for no injuries...
    Howe wrote: »
    "Stanislas looks like he has a medial ligament strain. He's quite sore but we will have to assess how he is later on."

Have you got an update on Stanislas?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Bournemouth (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Watford (H)
    West Brom (A)
    Sunderland (A)

Would give you time to assess the DGW situation and who the best replacement is.

That's not a bad idea. But I'm afraid of losing value on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bournemouth (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Watford (H)
    West Brom (A)
    Sunderland (A)
    I have Hennessy, judging by his (and Palace's) recent performances, that'll likely end up:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

have 2 free transfers. Wont be using either till after the cup games and to hell with it if I suffer a value hit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

John83 wrote: »
    That's not a bad idea. But I'm afraid of losing value on him.

He's 4.1 now and will rise soon I think. At that price, IF he gets a clean sheet or 2 soon, he could rise again. Don't think he'll be dropping anytime soon! (unless it's a soft header from a corner.... :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I have Butland and Hennessey and I'm not inclined to transfer them out at all, am I missing something? :confused:

Transfer this week will probably be Vardy out, Aguero in.

Next week I want to downgrade Bellerin, Bertrand or Alderweireld so I can get Sanchez in the following week, probably for De Bruyne.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    He's 4.1 now and will rise soon I think. At that price, IF he gets a clean sheet or 2 soon, he could rise again. Don't think he'll be dropping anytime soon! (unless it's a soft header from a corner.... :P )

He rose last night actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think he was talking about Myhill? He's likely to drop tonight.

Think he was talking about Myhill? He's likely to drop tonight.

Oops yeah you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

If I had Butland I would hold him unless I needed funds. Clean sheets are quite unpredictable and you're better off saving FTs or using it to plan for DGWs/blanks than doing Butland to Fo(r)ster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hard to recommend without knowing your five defenders.

I'd say Courtois if you want an expensive route. I'm looking at either him or the Hennessy/Elliott cut price combo.

Thanks ....my question to anyone else wondering is what one keeper would be best to replace Butland till end of season,Stoke seem to have lost shape a bit at the back the last few games.
    Sorry should have listed my defenders.

Alder,Cresswell,Dann, Nyom,Simpson.

Half thinking of
    Alder< Targett

as Spurs defending has deteriorated lately.

Shawcross out injured and could miss up to a month (Ben dinnery).

Got to be a concern for Butland owners as clean sheets have been hard to come by without Shawcross.

Thanks ....my question to anyone else wondering is what one keeper would be best to replace Butland till end of season,Stoke seem to have lost shape a bit at the back the last few games.
    Sorry should have listed my defenders.

Alder,Cresswell,Dann, Nyom,Simpson.

Half thinking of
    Alder< Targett

as Spurs defending has deteriorated lately.

Think Cech is probably the easiest and safest choice especially as Coquelin is nearly ready to play again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

My defence needs a little work, any thoughts appreciated:

Myhill Hennessey
    Bellerin Alder Wolly Nyom Daniels

1 FT. Obviously Myhill is a priority, but the decision is whether to take a hit on his value so I can assess after the cup games or pull the trigger now. My thinking is:

Myhill -> Schmeichel
    Nyom -> Evans

Leicester are starting to keep clean sheets, and if I'm losing Myhill I want some other WBA cover for their fixtures and Pulisball potential.

My defence needs a little work, any thoughts appreciated:

Myhill Hennessey
    Bellerin Alder Wolly Nyom Daniels

1 FT. Obviously Myhill is a priority, but the decision is whether to take a hit on his value so I can assess after the cup games or pull the trigger now. My thinking is:

Myhill -> Schmeichel
    Nyom -> Evans

Leicester are starting to keep clean sheets, and if I'm losing Myhill I want some other WBA cover for their fixtures and Pulisball potential.

Two birds with one stone.

Get Foster in for Myhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Two birds with one stone.

Get Foster in for Myhill.

I had thought about this initially after Saturday, but for some reason didn't feel entirely getting Foster in. You're probably right though, it would be two birds with one stone and allow me to avoid the value drop without the 4-point hit. So instead of Schmeichel/Evans in it would be Foster/Huth (or Simpson) and a bit of cash saved to boot.

• Advertisement

I had thought about this initially after Saturday, but for some reason didn't feel entirely getting Foster in. You're probably right though, it would be two birds with one stone and allow me to avoid the value drop without the 4-point hit. So instead of Schmeichel/Evans in it would be Foster/Huth (or Simpson) and a bit of cash saved to boot.

Foster is without doubt first choice so no need to worry about that.

Simpson due to rise very soon too.

Advertisement