Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options
1727374757678»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Captaining Ozil on double game week 34 = complete disaster! Sitting watching people who captained there neighbours cat get more points. Mesut, goodbye, I will never forgive you, even with that cheeky smile and wink!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Captaining Ozil on double game week 34 = complete disaster! Sitting watching people who captained there neighbours cat get more points. Mesut, goodbye, I will never forgive you, even with that cheeky smile and wink!

I hear ya I done the same, 10 points for a double game week I honestly dunno why I thought it was a good idea, Milner has more assists than him ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I thought surely he might get a goal and assist between the two games, at least that would have been 24 points or more depending on cs and bonus, but no, no, he did the bare minimum, at least he was nice enough to not get a yellow card though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I too captained Ozil, he'll be leaving my team next gw.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

Wasting my TC on Martial while Aguero, Sanchez, and Kane filled their boots made this the worse Gameweek in my 5 years of playing FF.

What's worse than rolling the dice and getting a one? Everyone around you rolling a 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

So is week 37 the only DGW left to go?
    Who's got a double that week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Norwich, Man Utd, Sunderland, Chelsea, West Ham, Everton, Liverpool and Watford have doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

So. Hazard.

Owned him for 2 disastrous spells already this season.

One last time!?!

FHFC wrote: »
    So. Hazard.

One last time!?!

Not at the price he's at!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FHFC wrote: »
    So. Hazard.

One last time!?!

Could fund him by selling Aguero for Carroll/Defoe in 37...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Could fund him by selling Aguero for Carroll/Defoe in 37...

And only to find out later that Carroll is benched and Aguero scores against Arsenal:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Thinking of going with the DGW combo of Manone and Gomes as my 2 GKs on WC this week. BBing in 37.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

More DGWers at the expense of Leicester and Spurs assets looks likely for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

ElTel wrote: »
    More DGWers at the expense of Leicester and Spurs assets looks likely for me now.

I don't think the foxes will clinch it next weekend so could be looking at them winning it at home to a completely disinterested Everton team

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭Cartman78

ElTel wrote: »

Yep...might hang on to Kane but Alli to Payet is my most likely move

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Do we think Payet is a must have. The main reason I'm thinking of going with him is defensive as I can see a lot putting the TC on him due to lack of options. He isn't really explosive but could rack up close to 20 pts over the two games. I wasn't overly sold on him for dgw34 but ended up getting him and subsequently selling last week. He is brilliant at free kicks but that seems to be his main threat and his level of success at them a while back isn't sustainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Do we think Payet is a must have. The main reason I'm thinking of going with him is defensive as I can see a lot putting the TC on him due to lack of options. He isn't really explosive but could rack up close to 20 pts over the two games. I wasn't overly sold on him for dgw34 but ended up getting him and subsequently selling last week. He is brilliant at free kicks but that seems to be his main threat and his level of success at them a while back isn't sustainable.

I kinda talked you into it at that time. I was stung badly by letting him go after GW4 after 2 blanks. He went on to score or assist in each of his next 6, killing me big time.

He seems to go on streaks like that. GW5-10 returns every game. 20 to 25 after coming back from injury only one return (a brace vs Bournemouth). Then 26 to 32 returns in 5 out of 6. Before 2 blanks and an assist vs Watford from 33 and 34.

He has scored 5 direct frees this season, all since January but only 2 in the PL. So surprisingly thats 7 of his 9 PL goals from play. He has a lot of assists from his great set piece delivery.

You say he's not explosive but he has 5 double figure scores (and two 9s) in 25 games where he played 60+. He has scored or assisted in 15 of those 25. Thats remarkable consistency, but not so much the last 5 or 6 games.

I've it seen any live games lately but the consensus seems to be he is playing well while not getting FPL returns. He is much more effective when playing centrally behind the striker - 5 goals and 3 assists in 8 games there according to whoscored.com https://www.whoscored.com/Players/14058/Show/Dimitri-Payet

Not pitching for or against. Just having a look at the stats behind your question. Don't think I'll be letting go. Have Alli to free a slot in midfield and defence issues, but i reckon I'd keep him even if i was wildcarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Payet is a must for me, been unlucky not to score more in DGW34. That assist for Kouyate against Leicester goes in and he scores one of his multiple chances against Watford and that was a 20 point GW

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Brought in Willian last week and he got me a 8 points

Worth holding onto, especially considering the DGW?

It's a choice of losing him or Bolasie for Payet

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Gomes/DDG

Smalling baines aspi, kirchof olsonn

payet,fab,sanchez,lennon, antonio

studge,caroll,martial

will have 2 ft and BB for GW37 so i hope i fairly well set up

• Advertisement
Advertisement