Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

So DGW 37
    Chelsea- poor form, players dont seem to care, rotating the squad
    Liverpool- europa lge sf 3 days before, rotating squad
    Utd - cant score goals, good defence but only ddg and smalling playing regularly
    Watford- safe in the league could be in a cup final
    west ham- could be a good option
    Norwich- cant see myself being interested in them
    sunderland- relegation battle as with norwich however pva and defoe are interesting me
    everton- poor form, crowd have turned on the manager, poor defensively, ill probably stick with lukaku though

I reckon 6 dgwers will do me. I currently have fosu mensah ake lukaku and payet. I think ill add ddg or smalling and pva or defoe and maybe a liverpool player and that will be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

So DGW 37
    Chelsea- poor form, players dont seem to care, rotating the squad
    Liverpool- europa lge sf 3 days before, rotating squad
    Utd - cant score goals, good defence but only ddg and smalling playing regularly
    Watford- safe in the league could be in a cup final
    west ham- could be a good option
    Norwich- cant see myself being interested in them
    sunderland- relegation battle as with norwich however pva and defoe are interesting me
    everton- poor form, crowd have turned on the manager, poor defensively, ill probably stick with lukaku though

I reckon 6 dgwers will do me. I currently have fosu mensah ake lukaku and payet. I think ill add ddg or smalling and pva or defoe and maybe a liverpool player and that will be it.

have Adrian smalling payet
    also have martial but will most likely sell him
    will NOT be getting lukaku back
    if sland are still alive will prob get PVA and defoe
    costa may be an option for some

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

What you say? DGW37?

Mignolet Gomes TC :pac:
    Fuchs Alder Smalling
    Alli Mahrez Payet KDB/Sanchez
    Kane Agüero Vardy (Sturridge? Defoe?)

km79 wrote: »
    lukaku to get a brace in 36 against bournemouth and you willl crack;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »

Have 7 atm and probably won't increase that.

Robles maybe to DDG, Mignolet stays. ( or vice versa)
    Sahko to PVA
    Fosu Mensah stays
    Cresswell and Payet stay.
    Sturridge we'll see how the minutes go.

• Advertisement

If liverpool get to the europa lge final its 3 days after gw 38. Expect none of your liverpool players playing in gw38 if they make the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Will have 4 when I transfer Martial to Kane this week - Mignolet, Sakho, Milner and Payet.

Probably bring in Smalling, Lanzini and one more for a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

If liverpool get to the europa lge final its 3 days after gw 38. Expect none of your liverpool players playing in gw38 if they make the final.

Had noticed that too. 15 DGWers for GW37 may not be the way to go for me now. Will let the dust settle on this GW before I construct a plan. WCing into GW37 after a BB in 36 could be an option. FA cup finalists and first legs in Europe info before the start of GW36 and OR/ML lead will factor in obviously.

Despite all the complaining dgw34 seems to have been an undoubted success for the majority of wildcarders.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Despite all the complaining dgw34 seems to have been an undoubted success for the majority of wildcarders.

It seems to have gone either really well or pretty disastrous, it's the later for me unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

106 with 4 to play is a monumental disaster. It looks like this is going to cost me €500 quid in the Boards Pay League barring a minor miracle.

I thought these chips were supposed to be fun. :(

siblers wrote: »
    It seems to have gone either really well or pretty disastrous, it's the later for me unfortunately.

I'm going by lads that have posted on here and scores of lads I've checked in paid leagues. The picture will become clearer when the rankings update. But I'm expecting big drops in OR and in the leagues I'm in with people that know what they are doing. What score are you on yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

96 pts atm with Sanchez (C), Ozil and Gabriel to play.

Sahko goal was absolutely massive for me. I had the misfortune of a Delaney own goal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm going by lads that have posted on here and scores of lads I've checked in paid leagues. The picture will become clearer when the rankings update. But I'm expecting big drops in OR and in the leagues I'm in with people that know what they are doing. What score are you on yourself.

I'm on 99 with Ozil(c) and Gabriel left, an Ozil brace tomorrow will salvage my gameweek, had I captained Aguero, I'd be in a pretty reasonable situation, I've been unlucky (like many others on here) with rotation etc but I also made some pretty questionable decisions.

Depends what you call "success". I won't be satisfied with a marginal green arrow. I had the double advantage of a WC and a 30 players DGW. I picked my players wrong, I got a huge amount of misfortune, PL results did not go my way overall... whatever I'm currently far (between 30-40 pts) away from what I could have gotten had this GW just gone "normal".
    You're just a tiny bit below top 10k average so you should not drop that much OR. You kinda experienced both ends of fortune this DGW between Spacecraft unreal return and the injuries/rotations that stung you.

Wrong thread...

Dropping Darmian for Fosu Mensah for - 4 hurts like biatch. Still, 111 with Gabriel, Iwobi and Sanchez (c) to go is a great score in anyone's books.

People in my pay leagues breaking 140 with no chips played, though.

Edit : apologies, he played BB, and only got 10 pts from the 4 benched players

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Really hope Gabriel gets a start tomorrow. Big differential for me

iroced wrote: »
    Depends what you call "success". I won't be satisfied with a marginal green arrow. I had the double advantage of a WC and a 30 players DGW. I picked my players wrong, I got a huge amount of misfortune, PL results did not go my way overall... whatever I'm currently far (between 30-40 pts) away from what I could have gotten had this GW just gone "normal".

You're just a tiny bit below top 10k average so you should not drop that much OR. You kinda experienced both ends of fortune this DGW between Spacecraft unreal return and the injuries/rotations that stung you.

I dropped from 4.5k to 9k last night. The most damage down in the harps and boards pay league which i's full of lads in the know. Most wildcarders including yourself are 30 points up on me some up to 50 pts. The wildcard has been a success. I'm not sure what you were expecting out of it you have more than matched the returns of most scores I've seen and hAve gained 30 pts on loads of non wildcarders . Things could change again tonight as I've tc sanchez and ozil but as of now it's been very costly. I got my boost from a previous wildcard and have to hope I can come out the right side of it the week I bb now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

After all my planning, ended up having 12 DGW players playing this week, of which 4 only played one game anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Still 125 (-4) for the week so far isn't too bad for you ;)

I dropped from 4.5k to 9k last night. The most damage down in the harps and boards pay league which i's full of lads in the know. Most wildcarders including yourself are 30 points up on me some up to 50 pts. The wildcard has been a success. I'm not sure what you were expecting out of it you have more than matched the returns of most scores I've seen and hAve gained 30 pts on loads of non wildcarders . Things could change again tonight as I've tc sanchez and ozil but as of now it's been very costly. I got my boost from a previous wildcard and have to hope I can come out the right side of it the week I bb now.
    You're trying to make it sound bigger than it really is by comparing yesterday before the games ranks with now. You started the GW at 6570th, you're now 9129th. Not even a 2.6k drop OR.

You had 5 cheap and potentially risky (you actually benched one) DGWers at the back. 6 in attack including 1 gamble and a forward we knew was gonna miss at least the first game. So you were in sh*te position. If the GW had really turned bad for you (Townsend normal return, Kane blank, less unexpected rotation, Coutinho & KDB much higher returns...) you could have lost 100 pts on those players in the know. So 25-30 pts is nothing really.

What was I expected?
    • In theory? 200 pts! 6 pts average per player per game + an additional 8 "lucky factor".

• In practice? Coutinho & Sakho not to be rested twice out of their last 3 games. I'm not even mentioning Mignolet. Fosu Mensah to play more than 1 min (to get me 1 CS at least). Delaney not to get an OG. Darmian not to burnfùck me with yesterday's retuns (but that's kind of irrelevant, I didn't own him anymore), Mitrovic not to be benched twice, KDB to return more than 8 pts.
      Overall, that's a reasonable (considering my 3 main differentials Couts, KDB, Mitro late form) 25-30 pts my way. The impact for my OR would have been immense because they'll have taken other players points.

• Now Sakho & Bolasie prevented me from total carnage. But, I'm always looking at the bigger picture. So, in a way, Bolasie returned what he should have in his previous DGW. And Sakho with his great return yesterday just matched 2 CS and 2 BPs over 3 games (he cost me -1 the previous GW), don't think that was the end of the world to ask from him.
    Oh and I was also expecting a better DGW33, not to "have to" use any transfers for 34 such that I would not have to take further hits for 35 now. Again, I'm looking at the big picture. It did not work. C'est pas grave, it's just a game.

thunderdog wrote: »
    Still 125 (-4) for the week so far isn't too bad for you ;)
    Admittedly, but it's all and always dependent upon your own situation and circumstances though.

If I take an example from real life football, my 125 (-4) feels like Wolfsburg 2-0 win vs Real Madrid at home.
    Wolfsburg started all over the place, Real had their hand on the game but they did not score, assumed it'll be easy and fell asleep. Wolfsburg went ahead. Twice. They missed the 3-0 several times from counter-attacks. They then lost 3-0 in Santiago Bernabeu in the return leg and got knocked out of CL.
    In the meantime, they only took 1 pt out of 9 in Bundesliga, abandoning almost all hope of playing Europe next year.

So an achievement at first glance led to defeat and a kinda "disaster" for the club. Exactly my post WC situation.

It's no big deal. As I said it's just a game. But I don't understand why it seems you can't look at the big picture and call a failure a failure ;). Now it can always be worse, my missus' facing this week a team that's in the 60ies with Kane & Alli benched who will not come in. And it's no zombie team!

You're trying to make it sound bigger than it really is by comparing yesterday before the games ranks with now. You started the GW at 6570th, you're now 9129th. Not even a 2.6k drop OR.

You had 5 cheap and potentially risky (you actually benched one) DGWers at the back. 6 in attack including 1 gamble and a forward we knew was gonna miss at least the first game. So you were in sh*te position. If the GW had really turned bad for you (Townsend normal return, Kane blank, less unexpected rotation, Coutinho & KDB much higher returns...) you could have lost 100 pts on those players in the know. So 25-30 pts is nothing really.

What was I expected?
    • In theory? 200 pts! 6 pts average per player per game + an additional 8 "lucky factor".

• In practice? Coutinho & Sakho not to be rested twice out of their last 3 games. I'm not even mentioning Mignolet. Fosu Mensah to play more than 1 min (to get me 1 CS at least). Delaney not to get an OG. Darmian not to burnfùck me with yesterday's retuns (but that's kind of irrelevant, I didn't own him anymore), Mitrovic not to be benched twice, KDB to return more than 8 pts.
      Overall, that's a reasonable (considering my 3 main differentials Couts, KDB, Mitro late form) 25-30 pts my way. The impact for my OR would have been immense because they'll have taken other players points.

• Now Sakho & Bolasie prevented me from total carnage. But, I'm always looking at the bigger picture. So, in a way, Bolasie returned what he should have in his previous DGW. And Sakho with his great return yesterday just matched 2 CS and 2 BPs over 3 games (he cost me -1 the previous GW), don't think that was the end of the world to ask from him.
    Oh and I was also expecting a better DGW33, not to "have to" use any transfers for 34 such that I would not have to take further hits for 35 now. Again, I'm looking at the big picture. It did not work. C'est pas grave, it's just a game.
    9dgw players kane and Morgan and TC sanchez. I expected to lose ground but not a huge amount it's not over yet though. My team was in reasonable shape obviously not a's good a's lads with wildcards. Your looking at it from a best case scenario for you and a worst case scenario for me and talk about losing 100 pts on people in the know is crazy talk. I know it can happen but your looking at everything going wrong for one side and right for the other side. My transfers this week we're bolasie and jags to fosu and townsend for -4. It gained me no points.

9dgw players kane and Morgan and TC sanchez. I expected to lose ground but not a huge amount it's not over yet though. My team was in reasonable shape obviously not a's good a's lads with wildcards. Your looking at it from a best case scenario for you and a worst case scenario for me and talk about losing 100 pts on people in the know is crazy talk. I know it can happen but your looking at everything going wrong for one side and right for the other side. My transfers this week we're bolasie and jags to fosu and townsend for -4. It gained me no points.
    Sorry but no. I'm having difficulties getting understood lately, apologies in advance.

I'm not comparing my situation with yours. Just taking them as isolated examples. Let's say they're in 2 different realities. And I definitely rest my case. The following 3 cases (worst case scenario for you, possible better scenario with 30 DGWers for me, best case scenario for me) could each one have happened as much as what did actually happen.

1. You said things went bad for you as you expected. I just gave you an example, not that crazy IMO, where you could have lost 100 pts on rivals. Kane 2 pointer + Townsend 7 pts (just an assist - think many of his owners would have been decently happy with that) = you lose 20 pts. Now take FHFC WC team. Let's say he got Darmian with his WC and kept him on the bench. Let's also say he followed your advice (re Kane & Alli) and kept Alli (instead of getting in Barkley) over Kane and took a punt on Carroll after his 16 pointer vs Arsenal. Crazy? Maybe a tad. But he was chasing. Sword or shield? Huh?

That's Lukaku + Kane -> Sturridge + Carroll (no pts hit) instead of Lukaku + Barkley + Delaney -> Sturridge + Townsend + Fosu Mensah.
      Alli vs Townsend = -1
      Carroll vs Kane = +2
      Darmian vs FM = +16
      no 4 pts hit = +4
      That's an extra 21 pts. He'd be on 169 vs your hypothetical 79 (-4).
      If Sanchez gets 6 pts tonight, Ozil 3, Arsenal CS & Bellerin a goal and 3 BPs, you lose an extra 6 pts on him. That's a 100 pts diff.

You can call that a disasterous worst case scenario. Considering the amount of upset & uncertainties the last couple of GWs brought us, I'd feel offended you call that crazy talk.

2. Now, the 25-30 pts extra I could have gotten are not a best case scenario. I feel it's an "average" one considering recent form: 3 pts from Mig in his first game, 1 extra from Sakho, 5 extra from FM, 2 extra from Delaney not getting an OG, 5-8 more from Coutinho, 3-5 extra from KDB, 5-6 from Mitrovic (he almost got it from his almost extra assist in the very little gametime he had). I don't even include Bolasie extra 2 pts. That's 24-30 pts extra.

3. Best case scenario would have been Rashford matching Sturridge & Fosu-Mensah matching Smalling (see I'm not that greedy to dare going up to Darmian's return :p), Coutinho matching Firmino, KDB matching Noble, Mitrovic matching Carroll and all my players featuring twice 60+ min. That's about a 50 pts shift. Twice more than my "expectations".
    Best case scenario is actually what Townsend, Kane, Alli & Sturridge returned to their owners. In fairness, I know the feeling, I already had such GWs. Thing is I never needed such one as much as this season because of my previous mistakes. It did not happen. Not the end of the world. But frustrating the way it went and a definite failure despite my very decent score if you isolate it over this very GW34 only.

200_s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Now that the dust has settled on DGW34, it seems to have worked out well for a lot of people. I, unfortunately, am not one of those people.

As it stands I will never link my BB to a WC again, the GW32 WC has been an unmitigated disaster for me in OR (down from 33k to 43k) and in my ML (60 point swing to my main rival)

Having scored lower with my post WC team in GW32 and 33 I was all in on DGW34, having a potential 29 players. I scored 116 (-4), which works out at less than 4 points a player ie: slightly less than double the points I would have gotten just for everyone showing up!

By setting my team up early I knew I ran the risk of injury/rotation, but I never thought I'd have 5 players sit out an entire game and another 4 make 1 point cameos.

Yes, I made mistakes - Ozil as captain over Aguero, due to security of minutes (Aguero played 1 minute less in the end!) - but some 'logical' decisions went against me. I went Mitrovic over Sturridge as I figured Mitro was 1st choice and Sturridge was a massive rotation risk - Mitro plays 47 minutes and Sturridge played the 2nd most minutes of any Liverpool player!

The Ozil/Sanchez choice, which I had been on the right side of all season really bit me in the ass at the wrong time, that was a 40 point swing on its own.

I now have only 10 for this GW (and a FT), but given that I have 3 Liverpool, Gabriel and Mitrovic, the negative impact of the WC will only increase I fear :(

I let the chips dictate my moves this season. I won't be letting that happen again.

Benimar wrote:
    I let the chips dictate my moves this season. I won't be letting that happen again.

Im the same, Sanchez captain saved me and a lot of others I suspect.

I'll never forgive LVG for his rotation and dropping Fosu Mensah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah, lets remember this next time round, a good player (Alli/Kane) playing once can do more damage than a player with a DGW (who has a 50/50 chance of being rotated the way I see it).

No doubt I will have forgotton this advice by DGW37

Advertisement