Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,189 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/FFScout/status/720961166823026688

LVG on rotation: “Yes, yes, I think so. I have to. It’s also better for the players but we wait and see if I do that tomorrow or Palace”.

You have to laugh!!

Smalling being rested for a game would be quite funny!! :)
    It's actually why I'm still considering fosu mensah
    I think it's a possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭dahat

With Siilva out I'm hoping my punt on Nasri gets me at 120mins over the two games. Hopefully KDB sits out second game and Nasri starts that.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

I've bench boost active for this weekend and sorted out the bench with free transfers the last couple of weeks but I'll take -4 hit on Lakaku but I've no clue who to put in his place, any Ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    With Siilva out I'm hoping my punt on Nasri gets me at 120mins over the two games. Hopefully KDB sits out second game and Nasri starts that.

I doubt KdB starts both anyway.

Still can't quite commit to Nasri though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Having used my two free transfers already Lukuku doubtful is now a headache

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I doubt KdB starts both anyway.

Still can't quite commit to Nasri though.

Must admit I'm pretty nervous on it but its done now so shall see how it works out. Martial is another one to be twitchy over now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

**** sake LVG...why couldn't you have said you're considering rotation before I made the move of Lukaku to Martial :( considering taking a -4 to bring in DDG too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I don't think Martial will be rotated. Martial, DDG and Smalling are the only real safe choices(hopefully).

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Cheeky punt on Kone anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Just realised my bench is awful - 3 mega awesome Crystal Palace defenders notwithstanding. Triple Captain so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is a 12 point hit worth it? Advice on below team please :/

11lon82.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

United have Aston Villa coming up. He'll probably mix it up altogether. Darmian could be given a chance to reprove himself for all we know. Be a good game for Rooney to get a good run out too. Make your picks and then try get it off your mind. It's all calculated hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,189 ✭✭✭✭km79

dsmythy wrote: »
    United have Aston Villa coming up. He'll probably mix it up altogether. Darmian could be given a chance to reprove himself for all we know. Be a good game for Rooney to get a good run out too. Make your picks and then try get it off your mind. It's all calculated hope.

Rooney is not starting tomorrow
    LVG said he hopes to give him a run but it depends on how the game is going

• Registered Users Posts: 18,459 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

https://twitter.com/FFScout/status/720961166823026688

LVG on rotation: “Yes, yes, I think so. I have to. It’s also better for the players but we wait and see if I do that tomorrow or Palace”.

You have to laugh!!

Smalling being rested for a game would be quite funny!! :)

Ah Jayus, and there I was considering Smalling a safe captain option...

Because LVG always used to say:
    "The Captain always plays" See below:
    http://www.football365.com/news/van-gaal-rooney-is-captain-so-will-always-play

As Smalling is now the captain in waiting I am pinning my hopes on him.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3215589/Manchester-United-defender-Chris-Smalling-eyes-captain-s-armband-named-unofficial-captain-Louis-van-Gaal.html]

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I agree there has been a lot of unexpected things happen.
    A lot of non wildcarders also took point hits to get in those players that are now injured or doubts.
    What I'd take from the whole thing is that perhaps we all plan too much. I know I do and of course planning is important but we are sacrificing points in the short term for the hope of a big boost in one gw. In hindsight 8 good DGW players is probably enough ye you may lose some ground in 34 but I reckon your overall score would be higher come the end of the season which is what counts.

Couldn't agree with this more. Last year I ruined my season with a poor January wildcard by being too clever and taking Kane out for Pelle who had great fixtures. It finished my season.

This year we've all gone for the holy grail of 14/15 DGWers. Next year I'll just be keeping my WC for the actual week of the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 aomh

Have a wc, was thinking of 3 arsenal mid and maybe 2 United fowards. What does people think.
    Plus, if I wc this week, can I bb

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

aomh wrote: »
    Have a wc, was thinking of 3 arsenal mid and maybe 2 United fowards. What does people think.
    Plus, if I wc this week, can I bb

No, you can't.

That's why most of FSA used their wildcard last week.

Didn't work as expected, unfortunately.

If you do it, try to set a team where you would have loads of dgw players, but still 15 to play week after (doable).

Bench boost next week, where most folks will struggle to get 11.

Or wait for another double in gw37.

In fairness there is no extra benefit in BB chip unless you have more than 11 DGW players. My bench is strong enough and I am going to use it this week.

The first idea with bb next week makes sense to me (only if i had wildcard available to me :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    This year we've all gone for the holy grail of 14/15 DGWers. Next year I'll just be keeping my WC for the actual week of the double.
    Not sure it'll have been of much more help this year. With the amount of premium players injuries/doubts/rotations who would you have picked anyway.

I'm half tempted to get back in Kane, Mahrez & Simpson. DGW34 is gonna be a flop anyway whatever I do. My WC team is litteraly decimated (I never ever experienced such a situation in 5 years playing the game).

Darmian, Sakho, Gabriel
    Coutinho, KDB
    Lukaku, Rashford, Aguero

So I'm gonna rely now on Delaney & Bolasie :rolleyes:, Payet, Sanchez & Bellerin whom everyone owns and Robles & Mignolet.

I just have no idea whatsoever what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

KDB's stats: 16 goals 16 assists in 39 games (2900 minutes) Having been out through injury I reckon he'll play both games this GW to keep him match fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

On. Wildcard.😀
    Gone with

..................Mignolet
    Fosu-Mensah...Bellerin... Evans
    Sanchez...Ozil...KDB...Payet
    ..Aguero..Kane..Rashford

Subs: Darlow, Alderweirald, Huth & Mahrez

• Advertisement

Any thoughts on this squad ?

dKcPb6v.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Just played triple captain on bellerin. Aguero or smalling other captain options. Will there be a better week?

Any thoughts on this squad ?

dKcPb6v.jpg

Mertesacker is "expected" to play ahead of Gabriel.But I don't know who you can replace him for in that price bracket...

I'm confident that Gabriel will start.

I really hope you're right because he's one of my many (more than 50% of my team :() GW33 WC doubts.

I quite like your team. Coutinho & KDB may not play as much as I'd like but I have other more pressing concerns...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Took out Lukaku Sakho & Bolasie for Sturridge, Andros & Fosu.

Major concerns over KDB Gabriel & Coutinho...Please god they get alot of minutes, bench boost a failure otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think he will too. Palace have a lot of pace in attack and mert turns like a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Deco99 wrote: »
    Just played triple captain on bellerin. Aguero or smalling other captain options. Will there be a better week?

I've had the TC on Bellerin since Thursday, I just have a feeling he could be heavily involved and strong possibility of 2 clean sheets.
    I'm torn now though, my head tells me I'm mad to use TC on a defender.
    I need to make a move in my league though so I think I'll go with the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Just had a quick look through a random sample of teams in my leagues.....seems to be absolute carnage on the face of it...lots of people clearly didn't know you can't WC and BB in the same week, loads of 12-16 point hits on risky players and have never seen so many odd transfers eg. Antonio to Blind, Vardy to Carroll etc.

Is this the day when all the blood,sweat and tears I'm this godforsaken thread start to pay dividends???

Or more likely, the day that Daley Blind scores an unassisted hattrick against Villa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Absolute carnage is a good way of describing it. Having gone into this game week thinking all was lost, I reckon I'll actually make a lot of ground on my league leader, who hasn't used either WC or BB for some reason...

EDIT: Ah, he used BB back in January. Must be saving the wildcard for GW37 then.

Advertisement