Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If you still have Kane, you may as well hold him as he'll be worth keeping for the rest of the season, I had to get rid of him to free up funds(brought in Lukaku for him) and I plan to bring in Pelle for Lukaku in 35, might bring him back in for 36 if funds are available.

Robles - Foster
    Bellerin - Dann - Moreno - Clyne - Darmian
    Sanchez (C) - Payet - Mahrez - Fletcher - Barkley
    Lukaku - Aguero - Martial

BB on.

Accidentally sold Fuchs for Clyne after a few beers on Saturday night.

.1 in the bank, any immediate surgery for -4 needed? I've never had a problem with hits before. 24 behind m rival and really need this week to be the one to turn it around!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

iroced wrote: »
    Well couldn't anticipate that Klopp was gonna change his CBs every single game. No managers do that. I love Klopp but don't get his strategy here :confused:.

I don't follow you. Since Sakho came back from injury he and Lovren are first choice:

v Crystal Palace (EPL) Sakho & Lovren
    v Man United (EL) Sakho & Lovren
    v Southampton (EPL) Sakho & Lovren
    v Man United (EL) Sakho & Lovren
    v Spurs (EPL) Sakho & Lovren
    v Dortmund (EL) Sakho & Lovren

So he is clearly not changing his CB pairing every single game. Exactly the opposite. He is consistently playing his top 2 CB's in the games that matter.

The only exception now was last Sunday v Stoke where we had played on the Thursday v Dortmund and play them again today. These are the biggest games of the season by far. So he rested 7 players and played players like Sheyi Ojo, Joe Allen, Kolo Toure, Kevin Stewart in the first team.

It is not beyond comprehension that he is prioritizing the Europa League last weekend over a meaningless game v Stoke as Europa is the last chance of silverware. Playing a first XI and risking injuries for tonight's game would be crazy.

So to say he "change his CB's every single game" is blatently not true, it is just the case with this 1 single game.

Sakho & Lovren will start tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

I can't make up my mind to use TC or BB this week.

I have 11 DGW'ers + Lloris, Alli, Mahrez and Vardy on my bench.

I have a feeling Sanchez could score a few in his 2 games though.

Any suggestions?

Still have my WC also, so could possibly aim for using the BB in GW37, can't see any obvious TC for that week, other than a Liverpool player..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Had to take a -8 to get all 11 players as DGW's. Have stuck with Darmian and Giroud though as they're down for double weeks but I don't want to take a further hit.

Any info on Fosu Mensah? Is he likely to be back from injury and start ahead of Darmian? And what of Giroud...always gets minutes but Welbeck surely starts ahead of him?

Hmm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

I will Bench one of Mahrez/Kane or take a 4 point hit to change one for a double gameweeker who also has a game next week.
    0.6m in the bank, options Iwobi, Milner, Nasri, Sturridge????
    Leaning towards Mahrez -> Milner

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Regarding 34 and 35 I'm looking at -8 or -12 on the basis of setting up a much better 13 or 14 dgw BB34 and a strong 10 for GW35 as well therfore not needing a hit there to field 11. I now have a cup semi that week after seeing off Busts in the Galway cup so having a strong 11 with no hits in 35 would be a bonus.

Looking at Delaney, Barkley, Bolasie and Kane or Lukaku to Fosu Mensah, Andros/Milner, Rashford and possibly KDB.

Look like good moves?

Could anyone really justify keeping Lukaku over Kane for 34 even with the extra game??

That's a very long winded way of telling everybody that you beat me in that cup competition

Fhfc joking aside they are good moves I'd -8 but not bother moving out any strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Would anyone like to give me advice on what to do with the following as I'm stumped:

Darlow Mig
    Gab Bellerin Cresswell Jags Janmaat
    Payet Sanchez Mahrez Barkley Bolasie
    Lukaku Aguero Martial

Only 1 ft and was thinking Jags to Smalling, Barkley to Nasri/Milner and Bolasie to Townsend. Would using bb in this scenario be worth it with double Newcastle defence and Mahrez being off form? Or would I better off just taking a -4 and going 4-3-3?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Fhfc joking aside they are good moves I'd -8 but not bother moving out any strikers.

Would you not be worried about no United attackers?

Also Rashford needed to get KDB. Otherwise its back to Nasri.

• Advertisement

Would you not be worried about no United attackers?

Also Rashford needed to get KDB. Otherwise its back to Nasri.

Actually could get Sturridge and Nasri or Mata to look like this for 34

Mignolet, Robles
    Bellerin, Cresswell, Gabriel, Sakho, Fosu-Mensah
    Sanchez, Mahrez, Andros, Payet, Mata/Nasri
    Kane, Agüero, Sturridge

And for 35
    Mignolet
    Sahko, Bellerin, Gabriel
    Sanchez, Mahrez, Andros, Nasri/FT
    Kane, Aguero, Sturridge

Effectively for 34 its either
    A Rashford & KDB
    B Sturridge & Nasri
    C Sturridge & Mata
    D Martial & KDB which I can JUST afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Mignolet, Robles
    Kane, Agüero, Sturridge

And for 35
    Mignolet
    Sahko, Bellerin, Gabriel
    Kane, Aguero, Sturridge

A Rashford & KDB
    B Sturridge & Nasri
    C Sturridge & Mata

Would you be worried about Rashford's place with Rooney back in the fold?

I'm looking to take a hit as well and currently on Rashford & KDB. I can't afford your option D but it's probably safer if you think Rooney will take minutes from Rashford.

Both Sturridge options are interesting but if you went with C and he were to miss a game of be rested during 35 then you'd be very short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

HENNESSY HART
    Williams, SMALLING, BELLERIN, Simpson, Fuchs
    Mahrez Alli Siggy BARKLEY FIRMINO
    KUN Kane LUKAKU

I've had a look and i dont have a better week to play BB,

My subs as it stands are Hennessy Siggy Alli and Williams,

have already taken a -4 so would a -8 to bring in Iwobe for Mahrez or Siggy be wise? Dont think its worth it to bring in a striker.

I have 7 (mahrez) and 7.7 (siggy) to play around with for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Pacly wrote: »
    I can't make up my mind to use TC or BB this week.

I have 11 DGW'ers + Lloris, Alli, Mahrez and Vardy on my bench.

I have a feeling Sanchez could score a few in his 2 games though.

Any suggestions?

Still have my WC also, so could possibly aim for using the BB in GW37, can't see any obvious TC for that week, other than a Liverpool player..

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you but decided long ago that TC this week is for me. That's not to say it's the right call and just to be Devil's Advocate for a minute, and highlight the option forwarded by Busts, GW36 could be a BB option! You then WC into GW37. (Will have to look into this myself after this GW) Of course you don't have the double games but you mitigate rotation concerns. Perhaps other thread posters could suggest alternatives if you post your squad (or ID) Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Wouldn't get Mata, he was benched last night and that was without Rooney starting either

Deco99 wrote: »
    HENNESSY HART
    KUN Kane LUKAKU

have already taken a -4 so would a -8 to bring in Iwobe for Mahrez or Siggy be wise? Dont think its worth it to bring in a striker.

NASRI?

Deco99 wrote: »
    HENNESSY HART
    KUN Kane LUKAKU

Barkley could be out on sat id wait till tomorrow for injury news.

Mignolet, Robles
    Kane, Agüero, Sturridge

And for 35
    Mignolet
    Sahko, Bellerin, Gabriel
    Kane, Aguero, Sturridge

A Rashford & KDB
    B Sturridge & Nasri
    C Sturridge & Mata
    Milner andros fosu if you keep your strikers

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IcedJade

alILi5h.png

This is how I'm lining up. Bench boost is currently active, but I'm tempted by TC on Sanchez. Opinions?

Milner andros fosu if you keep your strikers

If you could have any 2 of the following (alongside Aguero) for GW34 who would you pick....

Kane
    Lukaku
    Martial
    Rashford
    Sturridge
    Carroll

• Advertisement

If you could have any 2 of the following (alongside Aguero) for GW34 who would you pick....

Kane
    Lukaku
    Martial
    Rashford
    Sturridge
    Carroll

Lukaku and kane unless sturridge doesn't start tonight than I'd be interested in sturridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

here is my team , thinking of putting triple captain on sanchez
    Mignolet, Hennessy
    Sagna, mccauley, huth, mbemba, taggart
    coutiniho, sanchez, fletcher, de brunye, walcott
    sturridge, vardy, giroud

Kane
    Lukaku
    Martial
    Rashford
    Sturridge
    Carroll

Lukaku and Carroll, but both draw a blank GW35 so maybe Kane and Carroll?

Rooney back means Rashford may not start both United games and prob wont play beyond 70 in those he does

Martial playing on wing so, and Sturridge selection issues

Kane
    Lukaku
    Martial
    Rashford
    Sturridge
    Carroll
    Lukaku and kane unless sturridge doesn't start tonight than I'd be interested in sturridge.

Lukaku's form is utter garbage though.

I have Aguero, Martial and Lukaku for 34 for DGW reasons, for 35 I'll play Aguero, Vardy and either Sturridge or possibly Origi.

Lukaku's form is utter garbage though.

I have Aguero, Martial and Lukaku for 34 for DGW reasons, for 35 I'll play Aguero, Vardy and either Sturridge or possibly Origi.

I agree he has been poor but I think selling one of the leagues top scorers ahead of a double for a -4 isn't something I'd do.

I agree he has been poor but I think selling one of the leagues top scorers ahead of a double for a -4 isn't something I'd do.

Yeah. But you were meant to answer my question just based on who you would prefer in 34. Never mind 35 or whether hits neded.

Dream GW34 front 3. One will be Aguero obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭siblers

IcedJade wrote: »
    alILi5h.png

This is how I'm lining up. Bench boost is currently active, but I'm tempted by TC on Sanchez. Opinions?
    How much have you in the bank and have you any FT?

Darlow and Mitrovic don't inspire confidence, the 2 of them could end up on around 5 or 6 points total, if Sahko and Gabriel start both games, there's a fair chance each player could keep a clean sheet and could end up getting 8 points each at least.

If Sanchez explodes, your TC could earn you another 20-25 points if not more. It's hard to call, your BB will only succeed if Arsenal and Liverpool can keep cleansheets. I think you can be justified going for either decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,189 ✭✭✭✭km79

giving major major consideration to a -8 of
    Williams to fonsu mensah
    lennon to iwobi
    Kane to sturridge
    would have 9 doubles and won't have to sell mahrez
    will have 11 starters for gw35 and enuf in the bank to do lukaku to kane as well !
    introducing 3 non certain starters at this stage of season though.. . . .
    I'm currently one point clear in !y main money league and will barring a monumental collapse finish now worse than second ........
    I'm very very very tempted by this
    I will then have to choose one from alder/Fuchs and mahrez/alli to play as well

Yeah. But you were meant to answer my question just based on who you would prefer in 34. Never mind 35 or whether hits neded.

Dream GW34 front 3. One will be Aguero obviously.

Lukaku Aguero sturridge

• Advertisement

Lukaku Aguero sturridge

Leaning that way myself now.

Afraid to sell that useless troll fcuker as he'll definitely score a heap of goals then. But i think Rashford will get 60 to 70mins ay least vs Villa in the game that sends them down. I can see United properly tanking them. Pity there is no decent Utd midfield option.

Advertisement