Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Hello, my name is Mr P and I have had an idea :)

Instead of using my bench boost this week like I had planned I should use my TC and use BB in DGW37. My reasons are fourfold:

1. I made a balls of the WC and can't trust my 15 to start.
    2. I have options like Sanchez, Aguero, KDB
    3. TC in DGW 37 has less options and I then can't talk myself into PVA TC.
    4. I can legitimately transfer in Norwich and Sunderland players.

I haven't even thought about how feasible it is to get to 15 DGW by 37 but I've gone right off BB this week with doubts over Gabriel, Sakho, Delaney, Lennon, Rashford, Darlow. Not to mention more rotating of Coutinho and KDB.

I've f*cked up royally but I have a chance to save myself a bit here I think. After City and Liverpool have played in Europe and United in the FA cup things could be clearer or muddier.

But yeah I might not BB this week. It seems like I'd be compounding the mistakes I've already made if I do BV. Especially now that I've been given this rare moment of clarity.

How d'ya like dem apples, er I mean chips?!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Instead of using my bench boost this week like I had planned I should use my TC and use BB in DGW37. My reasons are fourfold:

I haven't even thought about how feasible it is to get to 15 DGW by 37 but I've gone right off BB this week with doubts over Gabriel, Sakho, Delaney, Lennon, Rashford, Darlow. Not to mention more rotating of Coutinho and KDB.

I've f*cked up royally but I have a chance to save myself a bit here I think. After City and Liverpool have played in Europe and United in the FA cup things could be clearer or muddier.

But yeah I might not BB this week. It seems like I'd be compounding the mistakes I've already made if I do BV. Especially now that I've been given this rare moment of clarity.

I've been thinking about this for a few days also but just cant justify it.

Who would your benched players be?

Mine is probably Robles Mahrez Gabriel and now Sakho.

Only worry there is Gabriel and Sakho actually start both games and get decent points which along with a possible Mahrez 6-9 pointer would outweigh the TC in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Any thoughts on what role Yaya may have for City in the DGW.

With Kdb minutes likely to be managed carefully and Sterling still out, could he get a run in and advanced role?

Fernando and Fenandinho are playing well and had stormers tonight. May well get rested to conserve energy for a semi where they will have to do a lot of chasing whoever they get.

As KDB alternatives go would Yaya be better than Nasri in theory?

Not sure KDB is worth the money and restructuring required given the gametime risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

What's the current team
    Hennessy Hart
    Williams ivanovic jags fuchs simpson
    Mahrez alli barkley siggy firmino
    Kun kane lukaku

1.8m in bank. 1 transfer. BB and TC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

In the same boat.

Sakho, Darmian, Gabriel (?), Rashford and more importantly Coutinho, KDB & Aguero doubtful. Why Delaney though? It'll be hilarious to have more than half my WC team not guaranteed 2 games :pac: :rolleyes:...
    Oh and of course now, not sure about you but I kinda have to play Bolasie :pac:... Ah ah it's become beyond hilarious.

I've been thinking about the TC also. But your only option is Sanchez really. Forget about City. KDB had ice packs on both his knees yesterday when he came out and Aguero should be managed.

Though, as lougal mentioned, we'll have a DGW GK on the bench and considering how this season's going, we're guaranteed to be left with DGWers on the bench (and be sure Gabriel will then score 2 goals with his 2 CS !) and SGWers on the pitch.

I think we're screwed and have no choice but play BB with either our current team or take an 8 to 16 pts hit to get in more "secure" players.

FHFC wrote: »
    Any thoughts on what role Yaya may have for City in the DGW.

With Kdb minutes likely to be managed carefully and Sterling still out, could he get a run in and advanced role?

Fernando and Fenandinho are playing well and had stormers tonight. May well get rested to conserve energy for a semi where they will have to do a lot of chasing whoever they get.

As KDB alternatives go would Yaya be better than Nasri in theory?

Not sure KDB is worth the money and restructuring required given the gametime risk.
    I think your best bet is to ignore both City & Liverpool. We have no idea who's gonna play as this GW showed us. Who do you plan out anyway? Bolasie? If you can afford Yaya, what about Mata?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

@iroced

I mentioned Delaney because Palace have already exceeded my reasonable expectations with that clean sheet :pac:

Scaremongering now from me: He's pushing on and the FA cup takes precedence and it's *possible* he's rested for that midweek game?

iroced wrote: »
    I think your best bet is to ignore both City & Liverpool. We have no idea who's gonna play as this GW showed us. Who do you plan out anyway? Bolasie? If you can afford Yaya, what about Mata?

I'm more leaning towards ignoring United attacking wise. The whole LVG shambles and rumours of player unrest are making me wary of going near them apart from Fosu Mensah if passed fit. Mata has zero form, although that didn't stop me bringing in Barkley! :o

Outbound I expect to get rid of the aforementioned Barkley unless something very unexpected happens tonight. Also more fools gold in Bolasie. I'm hoping to replace both with players with DGW34 and a game in 35. Spacecraft will be one. Nasri, Milner probably the other. Mata....hmmmm, dunno. Has crossed my mind and he has delivered for me before, but as i said zero form and United toxic. Lets see how they line up and perform tonight.

I'm up for at least a 4 point hit to get a United def, hopefully Fosu Mensah for Delaney. And may go -8 to gamble on a one week punt for Kane...Sturridge or Martial. Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,189 ✭✭✭✭km79

no point planning
    close thread
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm up for at least a 4 point hit to get a United def, hopefully Fosu Mensah for Delaney. And may go -8 to gamble on a one week punt for Kane...Sturridge or Martial. Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

Sturridge is the ultimate punt. If I hadn't been stung by him earlier in the season (bought him on as a punt; injured like two kicks of the ball later) I'd risk him in for Lukaku but alas!

km79 wrote: »
    no point planning
    close thread
    :p

This actually is the only lesson to be learned from this season :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think I'll join you and abandon using bb next week too. Would take a 16 point hit to give me a bench worth using and after looking at the fixtures there, I think I'd actually do better using it in GW36 when nearly all my players will have nice fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think I'll join you and abandon using bb next week too. Would take a 16 point hit to give me a bench worth using and after looking at the fixtures there, I think I'd actually do better using it in GW36 when nearly all my players will have nice fixtures.

gw 36 is a great week for fixtures its when I plan to use it. Potentially with a couple of pt hits to set me up for 37.

Deco99 wrote: »
    Hennessy Hart
    Williams ivanovic jags fuchs simpson
    Mahrez alli barkley siggy firmino
    Kun kane lukaku

1.8m in bank. 1 transfer. BB and TC.

Despite my previous thoughts on you not BB in 34. I think id look at ivan and jags to bellerin and smalling and BB. Hart is now back so you have 2 dgw gk and all your sgw players have good fixtures. Thats 8 dgw players and 7 sgw players
    williams and siggy at newcastle, fuchs simpson and mahrez home to west ham, alli and kane away at stoke.
    Im BB in 36 but i dont think the 36 fixtures suit your squad the way they suit mine.

I may yet go -12 and have a right bang at BB 34.

Busts is spot on re using the WC the week of the big DGW in future but I am where I am now.

DGW 33 was actually a major spanner in the works as it caused many of us to go for 3 Everton who are beyond shíte and now I want rid for 34.

8-10 wrote: »
    I'd go B but Ward over Souaré

Thanks for this, you saved my WC from being a complete washout. Had completely forgot all about him 'til your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Thanks for this, you saved my WC from being a complete washout. Had completely forgot all about him 'til your post.

Had him too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Busts is spot on re using the WC the week of the big DGW in future but I am where I am now.

DGW 33 was actually a major spanner in the works as it caused many of us to go for 3 Everton who are beyond shíte and now I want rid for 34.

Totally agree on this but unlike you I'm without the BB so my options are limited. Looking at 10 plus Kane for a - 4 dgw players but so be it.

We suffer on....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Despite my previous thoughts on you not BB in 34. I think id look at ivan and jags to bellerin and smalling and BB. Hart is now back so you have 2 dgw gk and all your sgw players have good fixtures. Thats 8 dgw players and 7 sgw players
    williams and siggy at newcastle, fuchs simpson and mahrez home to west ham, alli and kane away at stoke.
    Im BB in 36 but i dont think the 36 fixtures suit your squad the way they suit mine.

Done, now here's where i get myself in trouble, thinking of Captaining Bellerin ahead of Aguero. Could get 2 clean sheets and an assist or 2 assists and a cleanie. That could offset any Sanchez damage

I did suggest this to lemlin as an approach the other week. Its the first year of these so it was a learning curve for all . It's the way I'll be going next year BB whenever I have decent fixtures and if I manage to keep the wildcard till the DGW wildcard the week of the DGW. If I use my wildcard early like I did this year I won't be as fixated on maximizing my DGW players as every transfer I've made the last 6 to 7 weeks is with 34 in mind. Any gains you make in 34 you have more than lost them by not getting in other players you should have the previous 6 gws.

I don't fully agree with this.

If KDB & Coutinho had played 60+ min, chances are they'll have returned good pts. Their managers are not known for rotations. But they did this week.
    Thought 'Pool were happy with their Sakho Lovren CBs partenership. Well couldn't anticipate that Klopp was gonna change his CBs every single game. No managers do that. I love Klopp but don't get his strategy here :confused:.
    Same with LVG. Darmian was back from injury and was dropped on the back of 2 clean-sheated solid performances. Maybe a little more predictable than Sakho but still doesn't make much sense to me.
    Finally Rashford. A gamble. Admittedly. But he did start. Taken off inexplicably at HT to put A. Young upfront and to change the latter 15 min to the end. Young Rashford showed yesterday what he's capable of if you leave him on the pitch. LVG is a clown at United. Crazy since he's one of the best coach of the last 30 years.

So. With just an assist from KDB 61 min, a goal from Rashford or Coutinho and a 2 pt appearance from Sakho, I'd be 12-13 pts better (which would be far better in terms of rankings thanks to no lucky autosubs) and in very good shape for the BB34.

The only one to blame is Lukaku. 4 pts captain in a DGW. I actually don't remember such a popular fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

No idea what to do now. I've the Harps Cup semi-final this week so don't really want to be doing a -4.

Players I'm concerned about are:

Darmian

Sakho

Gabriel

Barkley

Wijnaldum

Who's priority in that list to get rid off? Darmian?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭LostArt

Definitely Darmian, Fosu-Mensah's been really good the last two games

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I don't think it was a bad shout going for triple Everton, 4 games in 2 weeks and guaranteed for Rom and Robles to start, same with Jagielka, Coleman and Barkley so you're guaranteed appaerance points at least, Lennon was a bit more riskier but his form was half decent and he was cheap. Robles returned 14 points which was a game week saver, Lennon's 5 was a let down but no worse than a midfielder getting an assist without a bonus and we all knew the risks with Rom, he could easily come back to life next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

LostArt wrote: »
    Definitely Darmian, Fosu-Mensah's been really good the last two games

Thanks. LVG is so unpredictable though. I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped Fosu-Mensah and Darmian played the next 2 games!

Is Darmian < Fosu-Mensah and Barkley or Wijnaldum < Coutinho/Firmino/Yaya worth a -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Wait till how Liverpool get on tonight before deciding on Coutinho or Firmino, if they loose, i'd bring in one of them or else might be worth punting on Milner or Nasri. Not sure Yaya is really worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Lennon's injury is a spanner in the works. Looking at Gabriel->Tofu Mensa and then Lennon->Alli/Iwobi. 4pt hit though, wasnt considering taking a hit so soon after WC

Thanks. LVG is so unpredictable though. I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped Fosu-Mensah and Darmian played the next 2 games!

Is Darmian < Fosu-Mensah and Barkley or Wijnaldum < Coutinho/Firmino/Yaya worth a -4?

I think Fosu Mensah is crucial to that team and to LVGs system. He greatly improves the defence and energises them coming out of defence always offering another option for a pass in the possesion game. He's the type of FB LVG likes and needs. If he drops him it will be staggering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Darmian -> Fossie for me.

Can't make up my mind whether to hold off on BBing for another week or not.... so many question marks over KDB, Sakho, Gabriel etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Deco99 wrote: »
    Done, now here's where i get myself in trouble, thinking of Captaining Bellerin ahead of Aguero. Could get 2 clean sheets and an assist or 2 assists and a cleanie. That could offset any Sanchez damage

This is actually tempting me - I have Sanchez but Bellerin has certainly been on form lately.

• Advertisement

Regarding 34 and 35 I'm looking at -8 or -12 on the basis of setting up a much better 13 or 14 dgw BB34 and a strong 10 for GW35 as well therfore not needing a hit there to field 11. I now have a cup semi that week after seeing off Busts in the Galway cup so having a strong 11 with no hits in 35 would be a bonus.

Looking at Delaney, Barkley, Bolasie and Kane or Lukaku to Fosu Mensah, Andros/Milner, Rashford and possibly KDB.

Look like good moves?

Could anyone really justify keeping Lukaku over Kane for 34 even with the extra game??

Advertisement