Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭LostArt

I'm leaving my Liverpool players in, Europa semi's are still quite a bit away so I'll deal with that possible rotation headache in 35 and 36!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Latest in DGW crisis land.

Lukaku doubtful.
    Martinez say he will rotate.
    Wenger hints at Mertesacker return for Palace game.

The amount of misfortune for anyone who wildcarded ahead of the DGW has just been incredible. While I agree with busts that in future wildcarding in the big DGW will maximise the wildcard return there really has been an improbable number of spanners in the works with the above and the teams progressing in Europe against the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »

Lukaku doubtful.

The amount of misfortune for anyone who wildcarded ahead of the DGW has just been incredible. While I agree with busts that in future wildcarding in the big DGW will maximise the wildcard return there really has been an improbable number of spanners in the works with the above and the teams progressing in Europe against the odds.

Ridiculous.

I presume Mert would be in for Gabriel?

I see Coutinho also played the full game last night, so presumbly he'll be given a rest at some stage over the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

All this planning has been a totally pointless exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

GAH!

Worth taking the hit on Lukaku?

Who for though? Origi?

I have Aguero and Martial already.

I'm tempted at this point to just leave it all as it is. He'll probably score a bloody hat trick against Liverpool if I sell him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Another GW32 Wildcarder with problems. I think I need 2 -4s to try sort it out

I'm planning to play BB, but my current team is:
    Mignolet/Robles
    Bellerin, Sakho, Dann, Gabriel (doubt), Janmaat (OUT)
    Ozil, Mahrez, Payet, Barkley (doubt), Bolasie
    Lukaku (doubt), Aguero, Martial

My current thinking is to gamble on Gabriel and Lukaku and do Janmaat, Barkley and Bolasie to Smalling, Milner and Townsend for -4 (I'll have to sell Bolasie in GW35 for a hit to field 11 anyway).

This will leave me with 9 for GW 35, so 1FT and a -4 will give me 11 - likely to be Lukaku to Kane plus Dann to whoever.

The other option of course is to bin the idea of the BB until GW37 in the hope things are better!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Lukaku doubtful.

Jesus Christ, can't get a single break.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lukaku doubtful.

I agree there has been a lot of unexpected things happen.
    A lot of non wildcarders also took point hits to get in those players that are now injured or doubts.
    What I'd take from the whole thing is that perhaps we all plan too much. I know I do and of course planning is important but we are sacrificing points in the short term for the hope of a big boost in one gw. In hindsight 8 good DGW players is probably enough ye you may lose some ground in 34 but I reckon your overall score would be higher come the end of the season which is what counts.

I agree there has been a lot of unexpected things happen.
    A lot of non wildcarders also took point hits to get in those players that are now injured or doubts.
    What I'd take from the whole thing is that perhaps we all plan too much. I know I do and of course planning is important but we are sacrificing points in the short term for the hope of a big boost in one gw. In hindsight 8 good DGW players is probably enough ye you may lose some ground in 34 but I reckon your overall score would be higher come the end of the season which is what counts.

What you say is true, it's still very frustrating though, all this meticulous planning and it's all undone so quickly, what could have made our seasons, could now totally ruin our seasons. Doing a -4/-8 the week after your wc is pretty sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,189 ✭✭✭✭km79

that's it
    bye bye lukaku and lennon
    disaster
    smith s hernia is possibly more of a problem though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm thinking Jags and Lukaku out, Evans/Dawson and Welbeck in.

Not blown away by Welbeck, but the more I think about it, it seems to make sense. He looks like he will start. He may not play 90 in both games, but he should get at least 60 in both games. He also has a game in GW35. Arsenal are out of every competition (I think?), so less of a rotation risk.

City play real pool play villareal

• Registered Users Posts: 48,189 ✭✭✭✭km79

getting rid of Lennon and lukaku now and will not be going back to them for 37
    that will be -4 and MAY do mensah to smith for a further -4
    so lukaku and lennon to .......
    strikers in my thoughts are sturridge and martial
    mids are iwobi and milner ........
    another option I like for - 8 is lukaku Lennon smith out for smalling iwobi martial
    leaves money in the bank to upgrade smith next week but no pool??????

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭rocally

Lads if i play a wildcard this week does that mean I can't use the benchboost or triple captain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Yeah, only one chip can be used in a gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

rocally wrote: »
    Lads if i play a wildcard this week does that mean I can't use the benchboost or triple captain ?

Yes, only one per week

rocally wrote: »

Ye it's no harm really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

rocally wrote:

Yes, you lucky,lucky bast**d

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

What's the story with Lukaku? People transferring him out?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Am i right in saying that if you plan on using BB this week - that it's better to take a -4 to get rid of an injured player replacing him with someone who has a DGW - for example Elliot for De Gea - as if De Gea gets 4 points over the DGW then i'm not worse off? might end up with -12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

supposedly has a knock.

Wenger on whether Mertesacker will return:"I haven’t decided yet. We are 48 hours away from the game so I will see".

https://twitter.com/FFScout/status/720923476421386241

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Am i right in saying that if you plan on using BB this week - that it's better to take a -4 to get rid of an injured player replacing him with someone who has a DGW - for example Elliot for De Gea - as if De Gea gets 4 points over the DGW then i'm not worse off? might end up with -12.

Yeah, De Gea will start both games so should get at least 4 points, which cancels out your -4. Any bonuses or clean sheets will see you gain points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Good ole wenger-troll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I've already taken a hit for the week so I've decided to stick with him - hopefully he'll play one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Liverpool Layer of Complication #578:

Reports that Can could be out for the rest of the season with ankle ligament damage soooooooo... possibly more game time for Lucas, Allen & Milner.

Hard to know what impact that will have on Firminio and Coutinho tbh.

FWIW I'm getting rid of Lukaku and Bolasie for Sturridge and Firminio (possible post Dortmund high on my part)...I think Klopp will give Firminio gametime to get sharpness back and Sturridge will be itching to prove himself after falling down the pecking order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Was thinking of bringing in Rashford but then reading the United thread and Villa have created 242 chances the worst in the league 2nd are United on 243.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Forward planning the said.

Winning your minileague they said.

Team is in shambles. May take a -12 and let it ride this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Forward planning the said.

Winning your minileague they said.

Team is in shambles. May take a -12 and let it ride this week.

Same boat and while I'm disgusted, it was always a risk with early WC planning. Basically -12 and play bench boost or wait until GW 37.

My team is in tatters.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/FFScout/status/720961166823026688

LVG on rotation: “Yes, yes, I think so. I have to. It’s also better for the players but we wait and see if I do that tomorrow or Palace”.

You have to laugh!!

Smalling being rested for a game would be quite funny!! :)

Advertisement