Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    giving major major consideration to a -8 of
    Williams to fonsu mensah
    lennon to iwobi
    Kane to sturridge
    would have 9 doubles and won't have to sell mahrez
    will have 11 starters for gw35 and enuf in the bank to do lukaku to kane as well !
    introducing 3 non certain starters at this stage of season though.. . . .
    I'm currently one point clear in !y main money league and will barring a monumental collapse finish now worse than second ........
    I'm very very very tempted by this
    I will then have to choose one from alder/Fuchs and mahrez/alli to play as well

Have you any you any Man U attack already?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,189 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Have you any you any Man U attack already?

No but who would I get ? I'm not getting both a defender and attacker from them with no game 35

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Any thoughts on this for the weekend?

Bench Ali or Mahrez?

Decisions..

GW34.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Neither. Bench Ward.

No but who would I get ? I'm not getting both a defender and attacker from them with no game 35

Yeah depending how you are for 35 may not be worth it. I'm afraid of that Villa game though.

If I got Rashford or Martial they'd be back out for Kane in 35 again. I already have a GK and 3 defs for 35 so I'm happy to let Fuzzy Mental sit there for the rest of the season at 3.9m.

• Advertisement

milner just got ANOTHER assist tonight
    think I'll stick with him
    stirridge is just too risky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Have lost track of FF and as a result my team is in a dire state, desperately need your help lads.
    Team is:
    Butland/Mccarthy
    Wollscheid/Huth/Daniels/Targett/Azpl
    Mahrez/Ozil/Erikson/Alli/Watson
    Aguero/Vardy/Kane

have two FTs and 1.8 in the bank

Any ideas lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Watson to Iwobi or Milner, Targett to Mensah. You got your bench boost or triple captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

I know I should have researched this... I thought I was being smart by using my wildcard thinking I'd use 'bench boost' alongside it...

That's my masterplan out the window!!

milner just got ANOTHER assist tonight
    think I'll stick with him
    stirridge is just too risky

and now I'm back to sturridge :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

just realised i need to finalise my team 2night as might not have internet 2moro/sat before deadline ugh

Liverpool just became one big puzzle.

So this probably makes 35 the danger week for Liverpool rotation.

Is Origi now Klopps favoured striker?

If so is that good for Sturridge in the PL? Could be more likely to start v Bournemouth now and probably Newcastle?

Will Milner get a rest one of those weeks given he's not had one since his suspension and Can will be back?

Will Sahko get another rest before the next EL game or as a CB is one game off enough?

They are scoring a LOT of goals, have good fixtures and 5 games in 3 GWs including the crucial Gw35. If you can make the right call on a Liverpool attacker it could be a game changer, buts its a major conundrum.

I was set on bringing in Milner for Lennon, impossible to call what will happen with Sturridge and Origi, possibility one will start a game each. Can coming back is an issue but Firmino and Coutinho also likely to be rested.

siblers wrote: »
    I was set on bringing in Milner for Lennon, impossible to call what will happen with Sturridge and Origi, possibility one will start a game each. Can coming back is an issue but Firmino and Coutinho also likely to be rested.

can went off injured so how to hear how long he is out for

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If so is that good for Sturridge in the PL? Could be more likely to start v Bournemouth now and probably Newcastle?

Will Milner get a rest one of those weeks given he's not had one since his suspension and Can will be back?

Will Sahko get another rest before the next EL game or as a CB is one game off enough?

They are scoring a LOT of goals, have good fixtures and 5 games in 3 GWs including the crucial Gw35. If you can make the right call on a Liverpool attacker it could be a game changer, buts its a major conundrum.
    I dont think it changes much re this dgw. Newcastle in 35 may become a bit of an issue. However it is 5 days before the 1st leg. The real problem games are swansea in 36 and watford the first game of 37. Liverpool have a 1 in 3 chance of a trip to ukraine which would complicate things even further.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

erkifino wrote: »
    I know I should have researched this... I thought I was being smart by using my wildcard thinking I'd use 'bench boost' alongside it...

That's my masterplan out the window!!
    I think you have accidentally landed on your feet with the Masterplan. I reckon 10 strong dgw players and either kane or vardy, is the ideal dgw team. People that wildcarded last week have lots of palace and everton players, lads that are doubts etc. They also require hits for gw35. You can bench boost in gw 36 and Tc in 37. You should have a really strong gw 35 team. Keep a bench of robles, alli, mahrez, simpson.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I went away for two hours in the comfort that Liverpool were 2 -0 down and life was a little more straightforward.

The drawing board business is booming the amount of times we've had to reinvest in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

I think you have accidentally landed on your feet with the Masterplan. I reckon 10 strong dgw players and either kane or vardy, is the ideal dgw team. People that wildcarded last week have lots of palace and everton players, lads that are doubts etc. They also require hits for gw35. You can bench boost in gw 36 and Tc in 37. You should have a really strong gw 35 team. Keep a bench of robles, alli, mahrez, simpson.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Had Sturridge last week and happy to keep him mainly because I'm a fan. To me he only needs 30 minutes in a game for me to be fairly happy he'll be a threat if one game comes down to that on the double. He has to be out to prove himself at the moment while other players go asleep a bit.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Had Sturridge last week and happy to keep him mainly because I'm a fan. To me he only needs 30 minutes in a game for me to be fairly happy he'll be a threat if one game comes down to that on the double. He has to be out to prove himself at the moment while other players go asleep a bit.

it's the last bit that's tempting me as well.....he has a point to prove . no longer an automatic first choice
    still tempting me tbh

• Advertisement

Is having Sanchez, Ozil and Iwobi a bit much? (also have ali and Firmino) - going to play BB this week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Is having Sanchez, Ozil and Iwobi a bit much? (also have ali and Firmino) - going to play BB this week

Needs more Bellerin :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

So, what's the likelyhood of Fosu-Mensah starting both games this gw?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Needs more Bellerin :P

yea but i'm brining in Fosu-Mensah, and i need to get rid of Cleverley (don't ask why he's in my team in the first place)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

yea but i'm brining in Fosu-Mensah, and i need to get rid of Cleverley (don't ask why he's in my team in the first place)

Playing it safe myself with Darmian to Smalling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

No, sorry, I have to ask.. why is he in your team?

manual_man wrote: »
    So, what's the likelyhood of Fosu-Mensah starting both games this gw?
    He should start both, him and Rashford been there best 2 outfield players in the last few weeks.

Deco99 wrote: »
    No, sorry, I have to ask.. why is he in your team?

I had Kouyate in my team since gw 5 or 6, started him once, only sold him last gw. I don't like having a strong front 8, so had a cheap 5th midfielder. I imagine a lot of other people did the same so have players like Cleverly in their team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Nice. Liverpool going through changes the whole dynamic. Thinking Navas.....wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ElTel wrote: »
    Nice. Liverpool going through changes the whole dynamic. Thinking Navas.....wow.

GW 35 is 23rd April. Europa League games are 28th April and 5th May.

GW 36 is 30th April I would expect rotation there.

Advertisement