Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Deco99 wrote: »
    Maybe Gregor Townsend and Alexei Sayle so. If Hart comes back I think that takes care of my De Gea decision.

Is Gregor townsend on conversions. Tc on Alexei sayle anyway.

A BB in 35 could work well for you. You could make serious ground that week. You have 3 leicester they are at home to swansea. 2 spurs at home to wba. Possibly 3 liverpool at home to newcastle, 2 city at home to stoke, possibly 3 arsenal away at sunderland.
    No transfer this week
    arnie to townsend in 33
    Ivan to gabriel in 34
    lukaku to wellbeck or sturridge in 35
    hennessey to mig in 35
    If budget allows id do siggy to ozil in 34 for a hit also

That would leave you with 2dgw in 33, 6 or 7 dgw in 34 and a really strong squad for 35. If you TC in 34 and it goes well id expect you to nearly match a 34 BB
    Scrap that I reckon there is a better way I'll have a look at a plan for bb in 36 and post it this evening as that should make more sense as it's less limiting on the transfers you can make. You can also make better use of dgw players in 33 and 34.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Scrap that I reckon there is a better way I'll have a look at a plan for bb in 36 and post it this evening as that should make more sense as it's less limiting on the transfers you can make. You can also make better use of dgw players in 33 and 34.

You've been adopted Deco!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Forster
    Fuchs Bellerin Dawson
    Sanchez Siggy Arnie Mahrez
    Kane Vardy Kun

Mig
    Bellerin Gab Cresswell
    Mahrez Sanchez Payet Barkley
    Lukaku Martial Kun

First team is current team and second team would be wildcard one. Feel like my current team could score better this week but if I don't wildcard it removes the option of trip captaining Lukaku next week. Decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sorry lads, I saved the pic someone put up of all the games teams have in GW 33-35, but now I can't find it and I've gone back 30 pages in the thread and can't find it here. Is there any chance someone has it handy...?

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Sorry lads, I saved the pic someone put up of all the games teams have in GW 33-35, but now I can't find it and I've gone back 30 pages in the thread and can't find it here. Is there any chance someone has it handy...?

Here's the google drive link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fSZt1RlJXkFCQVeYJ_xEq2PdUaxGMxigfuiLbtz-49M/pubhtml

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Is it madness to gamble on Fabregas for a week under WC?

That spot likely for a Liverpool mid so should i just do it now rather than waste a ft week after wildcard?

dahat wrote: »
    Is it madness to gamble on Fabregas for a week under WC?

That spot likely for a Liverpool mid so should i just do it now rather than waste a ft week after wildcard?

I wouldn't wildcard and have your next ft already committed. Its always tempting. Every single time I've wildcarded. But it's almost always a mistake imo.

You've got to be taking a 3 to 5 weeks view at least, or in this case the dgws, with a wildcard plan not focusing too much on this week.

FHFC wrote: »
    I wouldn't wildcard and have your next ft already committed. Its always tempting. Every single time I've wildcarded. But it's almost always a mistake imo.

You've got to be taking a 3 to 5 weeks view at least, or in this case the dgws, with a wildcard plan not focusing too much on this week.

This is the voice of reason i should listen too, its how wildcard should be looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I've left this to the last minute and no idea who to bring in. Who are the must have players for the next Dgw?? I've two free transfers and 2.3 in the bank.

• Advertisement

I've left this to the last minute and no idea who to bring in. Who are the must have players for the next Dgw?? I've two free transfers and 2.3 in the bank.

29 pages, go read them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

dahat wrote: »
    29 pages, go read them.

You've been most helpful.

You've been most helpful.

Your welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Will Darlow be the first choice now at newcastle?
    Seems strange that my first thoughts with the Eliott injury were who will my wildcard keepers be now!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Will Darlow be the first choice now at newcastle?
    Seems strange that my first thoughts with the Eliott injury were who will my wildcard keepers be now!

You have to be gutted for him though. Missing the Euros AND all those wildcard squads for the DGWs....

Would Newcastle be able to sign an emergency keeper on loan or what's the procedure with that does anyone know?

Deco99 wrote: »
    Hennessy Hart
    Ivanovic simpson fuchs targett williams
    Mahrez alli siggy arnau firmino
    Luksku kane aguero

TC and BB to play. No wildcard.

How to best prepare for GW33 and 34 with as few hits as possible. Suggestions?
    TC lukaku gw33 and bb 34.

This would be my suggestion on how you can maximize the remaining 7 weeks. Ive also no wildcard so the standard BB34 doesnt apply imo. Looking at the fixtures and your current squad and the teams with doubles. I think the best time to BB is gw 36. The key teams for our circumstance are arsenal, everton and liverpool players. These have doubles and a good fixture in gw 36. The players you need to sell are those with poor fixtures and no doubles.
    In your situation Id do nothing this week you have a good squad.

Gw33 Arnie to barkley and targett to jagielka. That gives you 4dgw players. These two players have 2 more doubles and a great gw 36 fixture

Gw34 Ivan to gabriel (if he plays the next 2) and siggy to sanchez/ozil. Id also go another -4 for fuchs to sakho. For this -4 you are getting 2 extra doubles and better overall fixtures for all other weeks.
    If you go -8 here you now have 9dgw players a TC here could bring you in line with the 12/13 DGW BB option
    Hart
    sakho gabriel jags
    firmino sanchez mahrez barkley
    kane aguero lukaku

GW 35 Id do williams to lovren
    Hart
    Lovren sakho simpson gabriel
    mahrez alli firmino sanchez
    kane aguero
    That squad should see you make gains that week as a good few wont have 11 and on paper your team will be much better than the rest.

Gw 36 BB I think you can take a couple of points hits here to bump up your DGW 37 players. Before transfers you have 3 everton at home to bournemouth, 2 arsenal id be looking to get to 3 at home to Norwich keeping in mind in 38 arsenal are at home to villa in 38, 3 liverpool away at swansea. Id be looking at offloading kane or aguero possibly to rooney, wellbeck, ighalo to free up funds for payet.

GW37 you will have 6 dgw players before whatever moves you make in 36. So can get to 8 with no hits.

You have to be gutted for him though. Missing the Euros AND all those wildcard squads for the DGWs....
    its the lads that wildcarded in gw21 that got elliott in for his hopeful future dgw that I feel sorry for.

Wildcard activated. Team picked.

Heading away with the family for a couple of nights from tomorrow so need to have the heavy lifting done.

Currently on...

Mignolet, Robles
    Bellerin, Cresswell, Gabriel (Sahko, Delaney)
    Payet, Mahrez, Sanchez, Bolasie (Barkley)
    Lukaku, Kane, Aguero
    1.3m in bank.

Lining up as above this week with captain between Sanchez and Payet.

It can go one of 2 ways for 34.

A...Liverpool mid for Bolasie and Utd def for Delaney and potential -4 for Antonio for Barkley.

Or B....the all in option of Kane to Sturridge, Bolasie to Antonio and potential -4 for Delaney to United def.

The latter would be 14DGW for the BB and see Kane back in for Lukaku for 35. Then Lukaku back for 36 or 37 possibly for Aguero.

All depends on how the various players get on over the next couple of weeks and obviously no injuries.

its the lads that wildcarded in gw21 that got elliott in for his hopeful future dgw that I feel sorry for.

As PARlance once nicely put it.....not sure what the correct proportions of.sympathy and delight are in that circumstance. :)

• Advertisement

This would be my suggestion on how you can maximize the remaining 7 weeks. Ive also no wildcard so the standard BB34 doesnt apply imo. Looking at the fixtures and your current squad and the teams with doubles. I think the best time to BB is gw 36. The key teams for our circumstance are arsenal, everton and liverpool players. These have doubles and a good fixture in gw 36. The players you need to sell are those with poor fixtures and no doubles.
    In your situation Id do nothing this week you have a good squad.

Gw33 Arnie to barkley and targett to jagielka. That gives you 4dgw players. These two players have 2 more doubles and a great gw 36 fixture

Gw34 Ivan to gabriel (if he plays the next 2) and siggy to sanchez/ozil. Id also go another -4 for fuchs to sakho. For this -4 you are getting 2 extra doubles and better overall fixtures for all other weeks.
    If you go -8 here you now have 9dgw players a TC here could bring you in line with the 12/13 DGW BB option
    Hart
    sakho gabriel jags
    firmino sanchez mahrez barkley
    kane aguero lukaku

GW 35 Id do williams to lovren
    Hart
    Lovren sakho simpson gabriel
    mahrez alli firmino sanchez
    kane aguero
    That squad should see you make gains that week as a good few wont have 11 and on paper your team will be much better than the rest.

Gw 36 BB I think you can take a couple of points hits here to bump up your DGW 37 players. Before transfers you have 3 everton at home to bournemouth, 2 arsenal id be looking to get to 3 at home to Norwich keeping in mind in 38 arsenal are at home to villa in 38, 3 liverpool away at swansea. Id be looking at offloading kane or aguero possibly to rooney, wellbeck, ighalo to free up funds for payet.

GW37 you will have 6 dgw players before whatever moves you make in 36. So can get to 8 with no hits.

Nice plan. One criticism would be that going without Payet or any West Ham players for most of the run in is a risky strategy.

Nice plan. One criticism would be that going without Payet or any West Ham players for most of the run in is a risky strategy.
    It is the one downfall and its probably what I will need to do. Id hope what you may lose in 34 you will gain in 35. For non wildcarders we have to factor in hits and gw 35. For me it comes down to payet or barkley as I only want 2 gw35 blanks in my squad Lukaku and 1 other. I could get in payet this week and forget barkley.

It is the one downfall and its probably what I will need to do. Id hope what you may lose in 34 you will gain in 35. For non wildcarders we have to factor in hits and gw 35. For me it comes down to payet or barkley as I only want 2 gw35 blanks in my squad Lukaku and 1 other. I could get in payet this week and forget barkley.

I'd go Payet over Barkley all day long personally.

Especially this week. I'm benching Barkley and probably captaining Payet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Heading away with the family for a couple of nights from tomorrow so need to have the heavy lifting done.

Currently on...

Mignolet, Robles
    Lukaku, Kane, Aguero
    1.3m in bank.

Lining up as above this week with captain between Sanchez and Payet.

It can go one of 2 ways for 34.

A...Liverpool mid for Bolasie and Utd def for Delaney and potential -4 for Antonio for Barkley.

Or B....the all in option of Kane to Sturridge, Bolasie to Antonio and potential -4 for Delaney to United def.

The latter would be 14DGW for the BB and see Kane back in for Lukaku for 35. Then Lukaku back for 36 or 37 possibly for Aguero.

All depends on how the various players get on over the next couple of weeks and obviously no injuries.

Should you look at putting some Chelsea into the planning from 34-35 ? You're leaving yourself with 9 players for 35 otherwise and this would help towards 37 DGW, but who to go for ?

Other than that I think it looks very good for 33 and 34.

I'd go Payet over Barkley all day long personally.

It's a bit more complicated than that in my situation though. It's a -4 this week one less double next week and 1.2 less to spend which means riskier picks in defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Currently on...

Mignolet, Robles
    Lukaku, Kane, Aguero
    1.3m in bank.
    I'm very similar to that lineup too.
    It's a bit more complicated than that in my situation though. It's a -4 this week one less double next week and 1.2 less to spend which means riskier picks in defence.
    Regarding "risky picks", the main benefit of a DGW player, is that he'll play more than 90 mns, people picking the likes of Gabriel/Collins (ie myself), if they are rested for a game, we might as well save ourselves the hassle and just get a good SGW (single) player.

Probably a lot more risky picks further up the field

Colking wrote: »
    Should you look at putting some Chelsea into the planning from 34-35 ? You're leaving yourself with 9 players for 35 otherwise and this would help towards 37 DGW, but who to go for ?

Other than that I think it looks very good for 33 and 34.

Yeah in option A I'd be getting a Chelsea def in for 35 with my FT. in option B that'd be for a hit. Which I may still do but just keep Delaney through 33 and 34 rather that do the earlier hit.

I'd probably look at Costa for 37 if they are in any way performing. He has a Euro squad to play for.

Yeah was thinking after that you have 33 to think about. Still seems pretty unthinkable not to have Payet from this week but then its a luxury i can afford.

Shedite27 wrote: »

Regarding "risky picks", the main benefit of a DGW player, is that he'll play more than 90 mns, people picking the likes of Gabriel/Collins (ie myself), if they are rested for a game, we might as well save ourselves the hassle and just get a good SGW (single) player.

What's your take on the west ham line up over the doubles

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »

Re gabriel i saw a good graphic on twitter by the same guy does the spreadsheet which shows pretty clearly that Gabriel is first choice. Will try to find...

Edit here... https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/714469617935233024

Advertisement