Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

2x FT's and no preparation done.

1459432438.6462.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What's with the palace love at the back?also is 3 pool a lot?

I wouldn't be able too afford but may swap blind and smalling and jaanmat for Simpson as Leicester are good at the back!

Palace already covered there - before the announcement of the double double they weren't near my team!
    Liverpool have a lot of good fixtures. I'd planned only two players but Sakho's cheap price makes him a useful enabler. Blind would be good, if only, and Leciester defence is one of my quandaries. Fuchs has been a beast for me but I think it's worth transferring him out for a doubler - the question is which doubler. I may indeed get Simpson in after the doubles, although their last three games of the season are tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

2x FT's and no preparation done.

1459432438.6462.jpg

Do some then. Loads of lads have posted their thoughts and plans here. At least 3 if us will have similar teams after our WC so the info is in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Tempted to hang on to Kane now until GW34 so I can have more time to assess the likes of Martial, Sturridge and Mitrovic. Not convinced enough to commit to any of them at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Palace already covered there - before the announcement of the double double they weren't near my team!
    Liverpool have a lot of good fixtures. I'd planned only two players but Sakho's cheap price makes him a useful enabler. Blind would be good, if only, and Leciester defence is one of my quandaries. Fuchs has been a beast for me but I think it's worth transferring him out for a doubler - the question is which doubler. I may indeed get Simpson in after the doubles, although their last three games of the season are tough.

I'll have too revisit my team and the deleaney / zaha combo. I might swap Robles for Hennessey for the double double too and get him in then. Ya I thought I was onto a good one with blind! Ah well ha ha! Ya sakho is cheap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭COH

Thoughts on this? My team value would leave me with 0.3 itb if I did this wildcard (probably have to do it this GW as have no keepers)

Mignolet-Robles
    Moreno-Sakho-Monreal-Gabriel-Delany
    Sanchez-Barkely-Payet-Mahrez-Zaha
    Aguerro-Lukaku-Kane

GW33 - 5DGW
    GW 34 - 13DGW + BB
    GW 35 - 11 players incl. 2FT
    GW 37 - 7-9DGW + TC

COH wrote: »
    Thoughts on this? My team value would leave me with 0.3 itb if I did this wildcard (probably have to do it this GW as have no keepers)

Mignolet-Robles
    Moreno-Sakho-Monreal-Gabriel-Delany
    Sanchez-Barkely-Payet-Mahrez-Zaha
    Aguerro-Lukaku-Kane

GW33 - 5DGW
    GW 34 - 13DGW + BB
    GW 35 - 11 players incl. 2FT
    GW 37 - 7-9DGW + TC

Very similar to my own team but think 3 Pool at the back is one too many plus it would prevent you from getting one of their attackers.Would you consider Janmaat maybe or a West Ham defender?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Wildcard activated. Team picked.

Heading away with the family for a couple of nights from tomorrow so need to have the heavy lifting done.

Currently on...

Mignolet, Robles
    Bellerin, Cresswell, Gabriel (Sahko, Delaney)
    Payet, Mahrez, Sanchez, Bolasie (Barkley)
    Lukaku, Kane, Aguero
    1.3m in bank.

Lining up as above this week with captain between Sanchez and Payet.

It can go one of 2 ways for 34.

A...Liverpool mid for Bolasie and Utd def for Delaney and potential -4 for Antonio for Barkley.

Or B....the all in option of Kane to Sturridge, Bolasie to Antonio and potential -4 for Delaney to United def.

The latter would be 14DGW for the BB and see Kane back in for Lukaku for 35. Then Lukaku back for 36 or 37 possibly for Aguero.

All depends on how the various players get on over the next couple of weeks and obviously no injuries.

Do you not have Alli? I like the look of your team but I'd be thinking about keeping Alli and not going with Bolasie.

He or Palace haven't shown any signs of form whatsoever recently. I learned the hard way in previous seasons that a good one game player could outscore a poor DGW player.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Let's play 20 questions:

1. Is Lanzini (or Antonio) a viable alternative to Payet, considering 3.0 price difference?

2. Is Bellerin too expensive at 6.3 or one of the few invaluable players considering he's got a GW35 match?

3. Is the Palace double, double fool's gold?

4. Will Scott Dann score 1,723 goals in 2 GWs?

5. 3rd striking option alongside Lukaku and Aguero (not Kane)?

6. Are people keeping Alli, Kane, Mahrez, Vardy because they think they'll keep form or because of the fear?

7. If the fear then is it a waste of a golden DGW bonanza that the rest will miss out on?

8. Have I over estimated the number of questions I can think of?

9. Is Cresswell the hidden gem or is he overpriced?

10. How the hell do you field 11 players in GW35?

11. Sanchez or Ozil?

12. Has Pulisball been overlooked?

13. Jagielka is obviously the best Everton defensive option (with an assumption that Howard might get games to send him off to USA)?

14. Man City. Is Aguero enough? If not who else?

15. Will the Andros Townsend Spacecraft Experience soar again?

16. Has DGW 37 been overlooked or is it just too early to properly consider right now?

17. Seriously, how the hell will you field 11 in GW35?

18. Liverpool midfield: Henderbus, Lallana, Milner, Coutinho or Firminho?

19. Is a Liverpool defence with Skrtel in it actually a defence at all?

20. Will PVA go on a goalscoring streak again once I sell before getting him back in again?

Extra bonus question: Have I lost the plot?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Let's play 20 questions:

1. Is Lanzini (or Antonio) a viable alternative to Payet, considering 3.0 price difference?
    NO
    2. Is Bellerin too expensive at 6.3 or one of the few invaluable players considering he's got a GW35 match?
    POSSIBLY

YES

NO

KANE :) MARTIAL

6. Are people keeping Alli, Kane, Mahrez, Vardy because they think they'll keep form or because of the fear?
    BOTH

7. If the fear then is it a waste of a golden DGW bonanza that the rest will miss out on?
    POSSIBLY

POSSIBLY

CANT DECIDE!!!

PLAY WC IN JANUARY

11. Sanchez or Ozil?
    SANCHEZ

ITS DEAD

13. Jagielka is obviously the best Everton defensive option (with an assumption that Howard might get games to send him off to USA)?
    THEY HAVE NO GOOD OPTIONS

YES

AGAIN? NO
    16. Has DGW 37 been overlooked or is it just too early to properly consider right now?
    NOT AS BIG AS 34 SO OVERLOOKED

SEE Q10

MILNER!

NO

20. Will PVA go on a goalscoring streak again once I sell before getting him back in again?
    MAYBE

How long ago are we talking here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Prodston you are a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Let's play 20 questions:

1. Is Lanzini (or Antonio) a viable alternative to Payet, considering 3.0 price difference? No

2. Is Bellerin too expensive at 6.3 or one of the few invaluable players considering he's got a GW35 match? Perhaps but defo need 1 Arsenal defender if not two

3. Is the Palace double, double fool's gold? Educated guesswork

4. Will Scott Dann score 1,723 goals in 2 GWs? Of course

5. 3rd striking option alongside Lukaku and Aguero (not Kane)? Vardy welbz and giroud rotate too much

6. Are people keeping Alli, Kane, Mahrez, Vardy because they think they'll keep form or because of the fear? 2/4 are musts

7. If the fear then is it a waste of a golden DGW bonanza that the rest will miss out on? Yup

8. Have I over estimated the number of questions I can think of? Most defiantly

How many hammers do we need?

10. How the hell do you field 11 players in GW35? 2X FT

11. Sanchez or Ozil? Ozil

12. Has Pulisball been overlooked? Yes

13. Jagielka is obviously the best Everton defensive option (with an assumption that Howard might get games to send him off to USA)? You said it not me

Man city are on holidays now

15. Will the Andros Townsend Spacecraft Experience soar again? No

16. Has DGW 37 been overlooked or is it just too early to properly consider right now? Waaaaay too early ,there'll be several "must haves" between then and now

17. Seriously, how the hell will you field 11 in GW35? See above

18. Liverpool midfield: Henderbus, Lallana, Milner, Coutinho or Firminho? Firminho

19. Is a Liverpool defence with Skrtel in it actually a defence at all? Ha

20. Will PVA go on a goalscoring streak again once I sell before getting him back in again? Yes

That depends..... Do you have hair on the palms of your hands?

Answered!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Do you not have Alli? I like the look of your team but I'd be thinking about keeping Alli and not going with Bolasie.

He or Palace haven't shown any signs of form whatsoever recently. I learned the hard way in previous seasons that a good one game player could outscore a poor DGW player.

I had Alli and he's gone. Wanting to gamble a bit on the DGWs so only keeping one Spurs attacker in Kane. May not have gone as "all in" if I was having a better season.

It's down to a fair bit of luck. You could have said the same about Philips last year to a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I have to go for a cheap striker to fit what I want. Do we trust Rashford? Ighalo? Deeney? Valencia?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Let's play 20 questions:

1. Is Lanzini (or Antonio) a viable alternative to Payet, considering 3.0 price difference? No - doubling up is an option though

2. Is Bellerin too expensive at 6.3 or one of the few invaluable players considering he's got a GW35 match? Maybe but that GW35 and nailed on status is worth a premium

3. Is the Palace double, double fool's gold? Possibly, but could equally bite those who ignore it

4. Will Scott Dann score 1,723 goals in 2 GWs? I'd take 1 :-)

5. 3rd striking option alongside Lukaku and Aguero (not Kane)? Martial, or Welbeck if gambling big time

6. Are people keeping Alli, Kane, Mahrez, Vardy because they think they'll keep form or because of the fear? I think fear - I'm only keeping Mahrez

7. If the fear then is it a waste of a golden DGW bonanza that the rest will miss out on? Who knows, there is probably a happy medium. Keeping all 4 is overkill though.

8. Have I over estimated the number of questions I can think of? Clearly:-)

9. Is Cresswell the hidden gem or is he overpriced? Overpriced. No GW35 is a killer.

10. How the hell do you field 11 players in GW35? Play a Palace player or 2 in DGW34

11. Sanchez or Ozil? Ozil.

12. Has Pulisball been overlooked? No, tough games.

13. Jagielka is obviously the best Everton defensive option (with an assumption that Howard might get games to send him off to USA)? Disagree. Robles is the move paired with Mignolet. Only need Robles in 33 and 34, Mignolet plays the rest.

14. Man City. Is Aguero enough? If not who else? Definitely enough, perhaps too much.

15. Will the Andros Townsend Spacecraft Experience soar again? Yes, in the Championship!!

16. Has DGW 37 been overlooked or is it just too early to properly consider right now? A lot of teams I've seen don't seem to account for DGW37

17. Seriously, how the hell will you field 11 in GW35? 3 Liverpool, 3 Arsenal, Mahrez, Aguero + 3

18. Liverpool midfield: Henderbus, Lallana, Milner, Coutinho or Firminho? Firmino if fit, if not Coutinho

19. Is a Liverpool defence with Skrtel in it actually a defence at all? No, but he won't play. It will be Lovren and Sakho.

20. Will PVA go on a goalscoring streak again once I sell before getting him back in again? Undoubtedly

Extra bonus question: Have I lost the plot? Did you ever know where it was? :D:pac:

After thorough research:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Gonna play a game of rate my team! What do people think of this for TC Lukaku GW33 and Bench Boost GW34?

Mignolet, Robles
    Gabriel, Reid, Monreal, Smalling, Sahko
    Alli, Mahrez, Lennon, Payet, Sanchez
    Aguero, Kane, Lukaku (Maybe Vardy for one week, transfer in Lukaku next week)

GW33: 3 DGWs
    GW34: 12 DGWs
    GW35: 11 players if I use 2 FTs for the weekend.

Then I'll have 6/7 DGWs for GW37 at least.

As bad as Palace are playing, their GW33 can't be sniffed at with Norwich and Everton at home, which is why I'm tempted to go Bolasie, but only way to squeeze him in is to take a 2 week punt and removing Mahrez, which is kind of daunting (would only lose 0.2m to bring back in).

So it's either:

Hold Vardy one week longer, then do Vardy -> Lukaku and pray for no injuries.
    Go Mahrez --> Bolasie now, and then bring him back in in two weeks times.

The Vardy one is probably more sensible...

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Let's play 20 questions:

1. Is Lanzini (or Antonio) a viable alternative to Payet, considering 3.0 price difference? I'd say complimentary. Thinking of bring Antonio in GW36 alongside Payet.

2. Is Bellerin too expensive at 6.3 or one of the few invaluable players considering he's got a GW35 match? Yes. Going with Gabriel.

3. Is the Palace double, double fool's gold? Yes. Only doing Bollasie.

4. Will Scott Dann score 1,723 goals in 2 GWs? Yes. In an alternate universe.

5. 3rd striking option alongside Lukaku and Aguero (not Kane)? Welbeck or Mitrovic.

6. Are people keeping Alli, Kane, Mahrez, Vardy because they think they'll keep form or because of the fear? Fear. Only keeping Kane.

7. If the fear then is it a waste of a golden DGW bonanza that the rest will miss out on? Thats my (possibly deluded) opinion.

8. Have I over estimated the number of questions I can think of? No. Keep them coming! My head is melted already so it won't hurt.

9. Is Cresswell the hidden gem or is he overpriced? Thinking Ogbonna.

10. How the hell do you field 11 players in GW35? Can be done if you don't WC until GW33.

11. Sanchez or Ozil? Both!

12. Has Pulisball been overlooked? For what? The sack?

13. Jagielka is obviously the best Everton defensive option (with an assumption that Howard might get games to send him off to USA)? Funes Mori anyone?

14. Man City. Is Aguero enough? If not who else? Aguero is out for me,

15. Will the Andros Townsend Spacecraft Experience soar again? See 4.

16. Has DGW 37 been overlooked or is it just too early to properly consider right now? No. This and GW38 are as important as the DGWs in my opinion.

17. Seriously, how the hell will you field 11 in GW35? See above.

18. Liverpool midfield: Henderbus, Lallana, Milner, Coutinho or Firminho? Countinho currently.

19. Is a Liverpool defence with Skrtel in it actually a defence at all? Jeez. You're starting to make me nervous!

20. Will PVA go on a goalscoring streak again once I sell before getting him back in again? Of course! My whole strategy is based on the opposite of what you're doing! :)

Do I really need to answer this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

CSF wrote: »
    I have to go for a cheap striker to fit what I want. Do we trust Rashford? Ighalo? Deeney? Valencia?

Berahino

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm never going to get an answer to my striker conundrum now that Prodston has come up with his 20 questions of fun *shakes fists*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Thanks, I see your point with Watford and West Ham players. I have only 2 Arsenal defenders but still might be too much. That Gabriel could end up getting me a red card as handy as points.

Oh ya sagna isnt arsenal anymore

• Advertisement

I'm never going to get an answer to my striker conundrum now that Prodston has come up with his 20 questions of fun *shakes fists*

I'd advise not to touch Watford if that helps. What one of Kane, Lukaku and Aguero are you ditching?

Mitrovic? Better option over the next few weeks than any of the above imo.

I wish we could be certain about any other United defender other than Smalling to play two games!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

SantryRed wrote: »
    I wish we could be certain about any other United defender other than Smalling to play two games!

Thining Rojo. Please make me think I'm ok there! :)

SkySter wrote: »

That 1.5m would be unbelievably good. I don't really see can play there besides him, other than Darmian and Varela playing right full. Since Varela was skinned by Coutinho in the Europa for the goal at OT, I wonder if he is now out of favour by LVG...

Rojo has 69 and 62 mins in his last two PL games, such fine lines...
    Darmian has 83 and 82...

Thinking of running with Darmian and hoping for the best.

EDIT: Rojo played 90 mins in Argentina on Weds night. I'm taking a punt on Darmian.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Let's play 20 questions:

1. Is Lanzini (or Antonio) a viable alternative to Payet, considering 3.0 price difference? Viable double up. Alternative. It's a no from me.

Worth it but if your team value is shagged Gabriel is fairly safe i think.

Probably. But I am a fool. 33 has potential.

it's a certainty.

Kane. :)

Kane = form and motivation.
    Mahrez = fear. Had a few run ins as you may have heard. He doesn't even lube...

13 dgw players is a bonanza in any mans language.

No.

Only secure option. Due a men

Easy.with a wildcard. Not so much without. Main problem i have is that.the 5 on the bench will likely be Everton & West Ham who I want for 37. Which is why I'm looking at Lukaku out for 1 week possibly.

11. Sanchez or Ozil?
    Sanchez. Always Sanchez. I hate Ozil.

Yes.

Howard might get 38 but can't see anything more than that.

Aguero is enough. They are toxic. They may score goals but not worth the effort or budget.

Again??

Hard to forsee who will be on form. Sturridge or Costa could become essential. Easy to plan core 7 or 8 but too early otherwise.

Save your wildcard stupid!

Pure roll of the dice. Depends on Sturridge to a degree.

He won't be in it surely.

Indubitably.

Had you found it? When did this happen??

Great questions.

SkySter wrote: »

Apparently he was spotted smoking outside some club in Argentina so we'll have to wait and see how LVG views such indiscretions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

CSF wrote:

Sakho

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Apparently he was spotted smoking outside some club in Argentina so we'll have to wait and see how LVG views such indiscretions...

it would be just fantastic of borthwick Johnson goes back into team now he is fit again .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Rashford will be first to go when Rooney returns. Watford are thinking of Wembley. WHam strikers are all streaky. The suggestion of Mitrovic is a good one.
    Let's play 20 questions:

1. Is Lanzini (or Antonio) a viable alternative to Payet, considering 3.0 price difference? NO

2. Is Bellerin too expensive at 6.3 or one of the few invaluable players considering he's got a GW35 match? ALMOST ESSENTIAL, IMO

3. Is the Palace double, double fool's gold? YUP

4. Will Scott Dann score 1,723 goals in 2 GWs? HE'LL GET SENT OFF IN ONE, SURELY

5. 3rd striking option alongside Lukaku and Aguero (not Kane)? WELBZ OR MARTIAL

6. Are people keeping Alli, Kane, Mahrez, Vardy because they think they'll keep form or because of the fear? KEEPING MAHREZ. HE'S WORTH IT

7. If the fear then is it a waste of a golden DGW bonanza that the rest will miss out on? AM FIGHTING THE FEAR

8. Have I over estimated the number of questions I can think of? YOU'RE DOING GRAND. JUST KEEP TAKING DEEP BREATHS

9. Is Cresswell the hidden gem or is he overpriced? OVERPRICED

10. How the hell do you field 11 players in GW35? WC IN NO MORE THAN SIX DGWers WHO BLANK IN 35. THEN USE TWO FTs

11. Sanchez or Ozil? OZIL. DON'T KNOW WHY SO MANY ARE PLANNING TO GO SANCHEZ INSTEAD, EXCEPT THE EVIDENCE OF LAST SEASON. lAST SEASON IS SO LAST SEASON

12. Has Pulisball been overlooked? IT'S BEEN PUNCTURED

13. Jagielka is obviously the best Everton defensive option (with an assumption that Howard might get games to send him off to USA)? WTF??? ROBLES STILL BEST IMO. EVERTON DEFENCE IS A FALSE ECONOMY

14. Man City. Is Aguero enough? If not who else? YES

15. Will the Andros Townsend Spacecraft Experience soar again? NO

16. Has DGW 37 been overlooked or is it just too early to properly consider right now? TOO EARLY

17. Seriously, how the hell will you field 11 in GW35? DO A SPREADSHEET

18. Liverpool midfield: Henderbus, Lallana, Milner, Coutinho or Firminho? FIRMINO IF FIT. COUTINHO IF NOT

19. Is a Liverpool defence with Skrtel in it actually a defence at all? JUST ABOUT

20. Will PVA go on a goalscoring streak again once I sell before getting him back in again? NO

Extra bonus question: Have I lost the plot? POSSIBLY. WHAT DO YOU SEE BELOW?

20929647-rorschach-inkblot-test-illustration-random-abstract-background.jpg?ver=6

Advertisement