Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah was thinking after that you have 33 to think about. Still seems pretty unthinkable not to have Payet from this week but then its a luxury i can afford.

My hope is that my ozil sanchez double up can keep pace with everyone else's payet 1 arsenal mid combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What's your take on the west ham line up over the doubles
    It's been such a lottery the last while, fairly impossible to predict who's playing where. I'd like to say Collins/Reid will be first choice, but quite possible Ogbonna will get a game or two. Cresswell is the only one who's not going to get rotated at the back.

Noble, Kouyate and Payet are definities, after that Lanzini/Antonio will probably play the more winnable games, one of them dropped for Obiang for the ones we need to keep it tight.

For this week, Byram and Collins are still out, so back 4 will likely be....
    Antonio Reid Ogbonna Cresswell

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I'm about to pull the trigger on this WC:

Mignolet, Robles
    Bellerin, Gabriel, Ogbonna (Sahko, Evans)
    Mahrez, Payet, Ozil, Zaha (Lennon)
    Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

But it cleans out my bank. And no wiggle room at all.

Ideally I'd like to have Utd defensive cover and have the cash to swap Zaha for Firmino/Coutinho.

So it looks like Kane is the one causing me problems. I missed the boat on him earlier in the season so I'm wondering should I just let me sail? If so what strikers are of interest. Mitrovic is calling me but he only has one double. Going mid-price on a striker allows me a pretty heavy hitting midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Re gabriel i saw a good graphic on twitter by the same guy does the spreadsheet which shows pretty clearly that Gabriel is first choice. Will try to find...

Edit here... https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/714469617935233024

Kos is always picking up little injuries too leaving the door open for the other 2!
    I think I'm going to chance Gabriel as it allows me Sanchez and another decent defender and pool midfielder

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Are many planning to TC Lukaku (or anyone else :pac:) in GW33?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

James Collins out for weekend
    may return next weekend but maybe not till gw34

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

The further this week goes the more tempted I am to play my WC to allow me to TC Lukaku in GW33!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Fhfc is. He has a big cup game that week so has wildcarded a week early and will TC Lukaku to give himself an unfair advantage over his unfortunate opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Yes. Planning on WC before Saturday to give me the option. It will be Lukaku in 33 or Payet/Firmino in 37.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Probably. Unless Everton continue to look as lethargic as the Arsenal game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Fhfc is. He has a big cup game that week so has wildcarded a week early and will TC Lukaku to give himself an unfair advantage over his unfortunate opponent.

Yep. Built my whole end of season plan around an obsessive plan to take Busts down a peg or two. :D. Mwaahhahaa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Are people going to wildcard to maximise bench boost chip for week 34 or to field a whole team for week 35?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Are people going to wildcard to maximise bench boost chip for week 34 or to field a whole team for week 35?

Both. Will have 13-14 DGWers for 34 and use my two FTs to get 11 for 35. Haven't looked at how many DGWers I'll have for 37 yet, but will use hits if necessary in the build-up to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Both. Will have 13-14 DGWers for 34 and use my two FTs to get 11 for 35. Haven't looked at how many DGWers I'll have for 37 yet, but will use hits if necessary in the build-up to that.

What's your planned wildcard team?

My head is fried trying to work the combinations. Too much like higher level maths or physics to me.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What's your planned wildcard team?

Provisional, as you'll see, but:

Mignolet/Robles
    Bellerin Delaney (Dann if I end up with a cheaper alternative to Kane) Smalling Sakho Janmaat(maybe, or Gabriel if I don't go for Welbeck)
    Ozil Payet Lennon Mahrez Firmino
    Lukaku Aguero Kane (or Welbeck, or Martial if I don't go for Smalling)

My head is fried trying to work the combinations. Too much like higher level maths or physics to me.

I've written a spreadsheet. It's beside my bed.

My wife is confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

I've written a spreadsheet. It's beside my bed.

My wife is confused.

A display board, multiple rolls of different coloured thread, blu tack and post its. Like piecing together a crime syndicate

How does this look for week 34?

15 DGWers and use Bench Boost

Adrian Gomes

Bellerin Gabriel Sagna Flanagan Cathcart

Payet Sanchez Lennon Wijnaldum Antonio

Aguero Lukaku Ighalo

I will take a hit week 35 to have 9 players.

All opinions welcomed and appreciated.

Deco99 wrote: »
    A display board, multiple rolls of different coloured thread, blu tack and post its. Like piecing together a crime syndicate

I am impressed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Adrian Gomes

Aguero Lukaku Ighalo

Three Watford Players, Three Arsenal Defenders, Three West Ham. I think that could go badly wrong. Watford and West Ham still in FA Cup so taking a risk they dont go easy in these games, nothing else to play for for Watford. 3 arsenal Defenders is a gamble. I'm not the best informed on here but thats my tuppence

Three Watford Players, Three Arsenal Defenders, Three West Ham. I think that could go badly wrong. Watford and West Ham still in FA Cup so taking a risk they dont go easy in these games, nothing else to play for for Watford. 3 arsenal Defenders is a gamble. I'm not the best informed on here but thats my tuppence

Thanks, I see your point with Watford and West Ham players. I have only 2 Arsenal defenders but still might be too much. That Gabriel could end up getting me a red card as handy as points.

Agree with deco. Taking a hit (maybe two needed?) and still only fielding 9 isn't the best use of your wildcard. Less Watford and more Liverpool needed, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Busts will be proud of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Adrian Gomes

Aguero Lukaku Ighalo

Taking a hit and still only having 9 is not good at all. At least have a keeper with a game in gw35. Mignolet Robles is a fantastic combo imo. Flanagan might play 0 1 or 2 games of a dgw and may not play 35 so he's a waste also imo. I'd make Antonio Alli or preferably Mahrez who is pretty essential in keeping pace given his ownership. A Palace def over Cathcart will get you an extra DGW. Don't fancy Ighalo at all and you only have 1 striker for gw 35 as it stands:)

Provisional, as you'll see, but:

Mignolet/Robles
    Bellerin Delaney (Dann if I end up with a cheaper alternative to Kane) Smalling Sakho Janmaat(maybe, or Gabriel if I don't go for Welbeck)
    Ozil Payet Lennon Mahrez Firmino
    Lukaku Aguero Kane (or Welbeck, or Martial if I don't go for Smalling)

What's with the palace love at the back?also is 3 pool a lot?

I wouldn't be able too afford but may swap blind and smalling and jaanmat for Simpson as Leicester are good at the back!

What's with the palace love at the back?also is 3 pool a lot?

I wouldn't be able too afford but may swap blind and smalling and jaanmat for Simpson as Leicester are good at the back!

Well they have back to back doubles in 33 and 34, I wouldn't bother if they only had the double in 34:) Is Blind not a mid in fpl?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Well they have back to back doubles in 33 and 34, I wouldn't bother if they only had the double in 34:) Is Blind not a mid in fpl?

My bad!! He is! Just came on too correct that!

My bad!! He is! Just came on too correct that!

Would be great as a def. Not sure I trust Rojo and an't fit any Utd attackers or mids :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Mignolet, Robles
    Bellerin, Gabriel, Evans, Sahko, Janmaat
    Mahrez, Payet, Ozil, Bolaise, Lennon
    Aguero, Lukaku, Mitrovic

3.5m ITB

That leaves me with:

GW33: 4 DGW
    GW34: 14 DGW + BB
    GW35: 11 players
    GW37: 6 DGW + TC

I'll draft in Firmino for Bolaise after 33 and then I'll have 3 FTs to work with between 33-37 so I can work on replacing the Arsenal/Newcastle players with DGW players for GW37.

Would like to have a Utd defender in there for their double in GW34 but it will leave me short on GW35 then.

Advertisement