Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'm not sure I'd have the cojones to drop Aguero, but it does free up some serious cash!

A GW32 WC without Aguero would give me:

Mignolet, Robles
    Bellerin, Smalling, Monreal, Dann, Sakho
    Ozil, Mahrez, Payet, Firmino, Barkley (or Bolasie)
    Kane. Lukaku, Martial.

Gives 4 DGW33 players, putting the TC on Lukaku.

I'd have 13 DGW34 players (plus Mahrez and Kane) and could use a FT to change Dann to a Man City defender and use BB.

I'd have 2FTs in GW35 to remove Barkley and Martial for Chelsea/Sunderland players, allowing me to field 11 players.

I'd also have cash to change a City/Arsenal defender to Azpilicueta in GW37, giving me 9 DGWers + Mahrez and Kane.

No Aguero though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Aguero with 2 games one vs the team he scored 5 against this season and the other vs a team with nothing to play for.

KdB about to return.

Lads....steady yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Hennessy Hart
    Ivanovic simpson fuchs targett williams
    Mahrez alli siggy arnau firmino
    Luksku kane aguero

TC and BB to play. No wildcard.

How to best prepare for GW33 and 34 with as few hits as possible. Suggestions?
    TC lukaku gw33 and bb 34.

Deco99 wrote: »
    Hennessy Hart
    Luksku kane aguero

You're looking pretty poorly for DGW34 assuming you have only 3 fts till then. You're looking at max 8 dgw players without hits. That's in territory where I would agree with Busts that there's no major advantage in playing your BB in 34 and there may be better SGW options. Or else build towards having 10 or 11 for DGW37 and BB then.

TC Lukaku GW33 a good option but if not BBing in 34 there are good options there too. There are plenty of player suggestions, analysis and people's wildcard teams in this thread, but strategy wise I'd be thinking TC in 33 or 34 and BB in 37 or the best SGW where your 4 subs have strong fixtures. Read back Busts arguments a few pages up this thread for more on why the SGW BB is worth considering. While he's only partly right ;) it's applicable to your situation imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Why have I suddenly got Mangala in my team when I swore City defenders were a bad idea :confused: Time to take a break :o

• Advertisement

I've got a question that I'm finding hard to articulate so I'll use an example -

On Saturday morning of DGW34 if I put Aguero on the bench, cause I don't fancy the Chelsea fixture, will he autosub in for the Newcastle game ? It's assuming I would only have 8 players starting for the midweek game (but 11 on the Saturday) so would all players on my bench autosub in for that midweek game ?

Edit - a better example might be - if I start my first choice keeper for the Saturday game, but he doesn't have a midweek game, would my other Keeper autosub in ? So play Lloris on Saturday and would Mingolet autosub in for the midweek game.

I've got a question that I'm finding hard to articulate so I'll use an example -

On Saturday morning of DGW34 if I put Aguero on the bench, cause I don't fancy the Chelsea fixture, will he autosub in for the Newcastle game ? It's assuming I would only have 8 players starting for the midweek game (but 11 on the Saturday) so would all players on my bench autosub in for that midweek game ?

Edit - a better example might be - if I start my first choice keeper for the Saturday game, but he doesn't have a midweek game, would my other Keeper autosub in ? So play Lloris on Saturday and would Mingolet autosub in for the midweek game.

Simple answer is no. Once your 'first choice' plays a single minute, your sub won't come in. It's treated as a single game week, not two separate parts - you get all of Lloris points or all of Mignolets points (depending on who you start), you cannot get a mix of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Anyone seriously considering dumping Augero for DGW?

Taughts on Welbeck/ RAshford/ Martial as a third striker?

Unsure of Lukaku(TC DW33), with Everton having 2 DGW before their big cup semi final.Possible rotation?

FHFC wrote: »
    Aguero with 2 games one vs the team he scored 5 against this season and the other vs a team with nothing to play for.

KdB about to return.

Lads....steady yourselves.
    Dubliner28 wrote: »

Taughts on Welbeck/ RAshford/ Martial as a third striker?

Unsure of Lukaku, with Everton having 2 DGW before their big cup semi final.

I'm not saying I'll definitely leave Aguero out, but I don't think it's unreasonable to consider it. It seems to be taken for granted that a WC team needs to be Aguero + 14 others.

However, he is very expensive and seriously impacts other areas of the squad. I won't captain him in DGW34 and let's be honest, he's not getting 5 against Newcastle again. Of course he will get points somewhere along the way, but the CL could lead to rotation/early subs also.

His omission allows for more nailed on players -Smalling, Barkley and Martial v Rojo, Lennon and Rashford. Finally, whisper it quietly, but Man City are not very good. 10 wins in the last 25 league games is actually awful for a team who invested so much.

Yes, it's a risky move, but I don't think it's the crazy one some people think. There is a good chance I'll wuss out, but at the moment a non Aguero (or Non Kane instead) team is a serious consideration for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Yep, very tempted to take out Augero too for DGW but has a seriously tasty fixture the week before @home to West Brom which means

GW33 - Wildcard
    GW34 - TC (One from 3 here) Ozil / United striker / Sánchez(if i take Augero out to free up funds)
    GW37 - BB (Slighted tempted by TC on Payet this GW)

|Thinking of just winging it without to much consideration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just realized if I want to TC Rom in gw33 I'll need to WC this week as I can't do it in 33 or 34 because of using the other chips.

Spanner in plan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    I am (or rather was) thinking about it.

For me, Kane in better form and chasing a league title, Lukaku has more fixtures, so Aguero is the one missing out.

Are people trying to fit in all 3?

Aguero has four 2-pointers in the last 5 fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Okay, need some guidance please. In 2nd place 30 points behind the leader in our work league (limited knowledge of soccer just going by players with good points). If he wins it's €60 in his pocket (tight git), if I win it's pizza all round the office for a happy Friday.

Team is:

Hart - Howard
    Smith - Daniels - Alderweireld - Cathcart - Dann
    Wijnaldum - Mahrez - Arnautovic - Ozil - Sigurdson
    Kane - Vardy - Lukaku

1.3 ITB & 1 FT this week also still have my WC

Do I WC this week with a view to DG33 or use my FT this week and WC next week. Any help appreciated!

Also should have said that he has no WC or anything else left and will struggle to field 8 for DG33 without taking hits.

Benimar wrote: »
    Simple answer is no. Once your 'first choice' plays a single minute, your sub won't come in. It's treated as a single game week, not two separate parts - you get all of Lloris points or all of Mignolets points (depending on who you start), you cannot get a mix of both.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

As much as I wanted to WC for the final DGW I will now have to WC next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hennessy Hart
    Luksku kane aguero

A BB in 35 could work well for you. You could make serious ground that week. You have 3 leicester they are at home to swansea. 2 spurs at home to wba. Possibly 3 liverpool at home to newcastle, 2 city at home to stoke, possibly 3 arsenal away at sunderland.
    No transfer this week
    arnie to townsend in 33
    Ivan to gabriel in 34
    lukaku to wellbeck or sturridge in 35
    hennessey to mig in 35
    If budget allows id do siggy to ozil in 34 for a hit also

That would leave you with 2dgw in 33, 6 or 7 dgw in 34 and a really strong squad for 35. If you TC in 34 and it goes well id expect you to nearly match a 34 BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Anyone have their template WC that they care too share? I'll wildcard 33 BB 34 and TC in 37. Have around 20 players in mind so wana compare my WC to others

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Anyone have their template WC that they care too share? I'll wildcard 33 BB 34 and TC in 37. Have around 20 players in mind so wana compare my WC to others

Several in this thread.

Several in this thread.

Ill read back over when I get a chance. Had a funeral last couple of days so wasn't online much so skipped a few pages

Ill read back over when I get a chance. Had a funeral last couple of days so wasn't online much so skipped a few pages

Mine and a few others posted in detail not too far back.

Mine and a few others posted in detail not too far back.

Ill take a look there after work... Head is melted trying too arrange it! Thank god I kept my wildcard!

• Advertisement

A BB in 35 could work well for you. You could make serious ground that week. You have 3 leicester they are at home to swansea. 2 spurs at home to wba. Possibly 3 liverpool at home to newcastle, 2 city at home to stoke, possibly 3 arsenal away at sunderland.
    No transfer this week
    arnie to townsend in 33
    Ivan to gabriel in 34
    hennessey to mig in 35

That would leave you with 2dgw in 33, 6 or 7 dgw in 34 and a really strong squad for 35. If you TC in 34 and it goes well id expect you to nearly match a 34 BB

Should have the funds for Ozil, I think i have to do this seems you have taken the effort to put that really detailed post together, much appreciated. I was about to pull out the chalkboard, thumbtacks and string to work things out before this weekend.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

What people think?
    Plan is get rid Willian for Barkley next week, then Daniels for someone GW34 and BB.

Should have the funds for Ozil, I think i have to do this seems you have taken the effort to put that really detailed post together, much appreciated. I was about to pull out the chalkboard, thumbtacks and string to work things out before this weekend.

He'll be delighted somebody is finally on board to BB in GW35! ;)

He'll be delighted somebody is finally on board to BB in GW35! ;)

I like when other people take the risk on my experiments ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right. Between my week off and the international break I'm just awakening back up to the game. I see plans everywhere about GWs33-37 and excitement rising fast...

So I'm gonna ask 2 probably stupid and certainly lazy questions:
    1. Are all the postponed games been rescheduled?
    2. And are we done with blanks/DGWs? I mean now only about the FA Cup semis are to be played so FA Cup finalsits won't affect the PL fixtures, right?

iroced wrote: »
    Right. Between my week off and the international break I'm just awakening back up to the game. I see plans everywhere about GWs33-37 and excitement rising fast...

So I'm gonna ask 2 probably stupid and certainly lazy questions:
    1. Are all the postponed games been rescheduled?
    2. And are we done with blanks/DGWs? I mean now only about the FA Cup semis are to be played so FA Cup finalsits won't affect the PL fixtures, right?

Yes and yes.

Welcome back. This thread needed some iroced.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I was looking at this last night and can just about afford the following:

Robles, Darlow
    Bellerin, Dawson, Sakho/Moreno, Janmatt, Delaney
    Sanchez, Firmino/Coutinho, Mahrez, Lennon, Payet
    Kane, Aguero, Lukaku

I'm reluctant to Drop Mahrez and Kane as i have a lot of money tied up, I also can't really see a better GW33/34 striker option than Kane anyway.
    I may consider going with Ozil instead of Sanchez to leave a bit more free cash for the rebuild after DGW34 (e.g. Lennon to Alli and Delaney to PVA).

As it stands above I would have 4 for DGW33, 13 for DGW34 + mahrez and Kane (Bench boost) and then be able to field 11 in GW35.

No transfer this week
    arnie to townsend in 33
    Ivan to gabriel in 34
    hennessey to mig in 35

I Joe Hart goin to be back for GW34/35? I dont seem to have any united player, I have 3.7m in bank btw so could do wijnaldum instead of townsend, Sanchez.

I Joe Hart goin to be back for GW34/35? I dont seem to have any united player, I have 3.7m in bank btw so could do wijnaldum instead of townsend, Sanchez.

I think hart is due back very soon should be news on Fri. If bb in 35 you can't get a utd player as they blank in 35. Ye Newcastle or arsenal mid of your choice. I've wijnaldum but he has played deep last two gws so you could monitor that one. The benefit of bb in 35 in your situation is a lot of the players you currently own have a good fixture that week and you should get 5 extra players over most that week.

• Advertisement

I think hart is due back very soon should be news on Fri. If bb in 35 you can't get a utd player as they blank in 35. Ye Newcastle or arsenal mid of your choice. I've wijnaldum but he has played deep last two gws so you could monitor that one. The benefit of bb in 35 in your situation is a lot of the players you currently own have a good fixture that week and you should get 5 extra players over most that week.

Maybe Gregor Townsend and Alexei Sayle so. If Hart comes back I think that takes care of my De Gea decision.

Advertisement