Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »
    How would you rate Iwobi's gametime?

Didnt he end up in hospital this international break? Some sort if viral type infection rather than sports injury.

Edit: food poisoning but all ok now it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

You wildcarding this week now.

Almost certainly, with no transfer to have a punt (which would have been Ivanovic as my defence is weak) due to Butland injury my potential wildcard team looks considerably stronger than my current team for this week even after I've used my 2 FTs.

It also gives me the option which I may well take to TC Lukaku in 33 and then 2 FTs for 34. I can also get at least 5 DGW players for 33. Probably stick bolasie in before switching to a Liverpool mid for 34.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Almost certainly, with no transfer to have a punt (which would have been Ivanovic as my defence is weak) due to Butland injury my potential wildcard team looks considerably stronger than my current team for this week even after I've used my 2 FTs.

It also gives me the option which I may well take to TC Lukaku in 33 and then 2 FTs for 34. I can also get at least 5 DGW players for 33. Probably stick bolasie in before switching to a Liverpool mid for 34.

I think I'll be tc lukaku in 33. If I was wildcarding this week that's exactly what I'd be doing re bolasie. Bad news for me in our cup game.

I think I'll be tc lukaku in 33. If I was wildcarding this week that's exactly what I'd be doing re bolasie. Bad news for me in our cup game.

On Liverpool mids, am tempted by Hendo or Milner over Firmino and Coutinho. Probably less chance of rotation ahead of European games. Hendo with pens and attacking set pieces. Milner was raking in the FPL points before the red card. Major money saving for elsewhere.

Not sure Firmino or Couts are explosive enough to kill ya completely while the other lads could easily outscore as differentials.

Any thoughts as a Liverpool man.....forgetting about that h2h for a wee minute...i'd not be getting my Liverpool mid till after it anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

How would you rate Iwobi's gametime?

Unlikely to start both matches of the DGW, I think the 3rd Arsenal slot can be used better. I'm likely to punt on Gabriel
    On Liverpool mids, am tempted by Hendo or Milner over Firmino and Coutinho. Probably less chance of rotation ahead of European games. Hendo with pens and attacking set pieces. Milner was raking in the FPL points before the red card. Major money saving for elsewhere.

Not sure Firmino or Couts are explosive enough to kill ya completely while the other lads could easily outscore as differentials.

Any thoughts as a Liverpool man.....forgetting about that h2h for a wee minute...i'd not be getting my Liverpool mid till after it anyway. :)

Hendo isn't nailed anymore I don't think, talk that Klopp doesn't like him and he'll be off in the summer. I'm WCing this week and using the Bolasie placeholder for Firmino or Coutinho in GW34, maybe Milner if he starts both PL matches

• Advertisement

I think milner is on pens. I'd go him over hendo. It's hard to know what way they will line up. We will know before gw 34 if they are out of europa which I'd imagine they will be. If out of that and within 6 pts of top 4 I'd imagine there will be little or no rotation. Lallana could be one to watch klopp seems to like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

If I thought he'd get 140mins in 34 I'd be all over it.

He really should. But look at how badly Wenger has treated Joel Campbell. Its impossible to tell how much game time Iwobi will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'm also leaning towards a GW32 WC for 2 reasons:

1. Allows a Lukaku TC in GW33. I'm not keen on the other TC options - Sanchez (34) delivers far too many 2 pointers for my liking and either Firmino (37) or Payet (37) may have nothing to play for.

2. Allows 4 or 5 (possibly 6 :eek::pac:) DGW33 players, with the ability to remove 2 Palace players for their poor DGW34.

The next debate is how many SGW players to keep. :P

I think milner is on pens. I'd go him over hendo. It's hard to know what way they will line up. We will know before gw 34 if they are out of europa which I'd imagine they will be. If out of that and within 6 pts of top 4 I'd imagine there will be little or no rotation. Lallana could be one to watch klopp seems to like him.

Yeah. Its a matter of set up for an 8m+ mid or a 6.5m now though. Need to see what i can fit elsewhere.

Milner has played 90 (or very near) in 20 games and 60+ in 3 more. I assume he was injured from 17 to 20 and in 12. He was on 11, 2, 5, 8, 13 fpl points before the sending off. Very very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Considering a defensive double up on both Pool and Arsenal now but would that be overkill? Would be more confident of it if Skrtel wasn't back. Thinking Bellerin/Gab/Mig/Sakho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Considering a defensive double up on both Pool and Arsenal now but would that be overkill? Would be more confident of it if Skrtel wasn't back. Thinking Bellerin/Gab/Mig/Sakho.

i'm thinking Monreal. already have Bellerin. Gabriel probably slightly more prone to rotation for one of the dgw fixtures i.m.o.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Skrtel won't be near that team bar an injury - even then Kolo might get in ahead of him. Lovren and Sakho are 1st choice.

FWIW, I'm looking at the same 4.

Right. Close now.

Potential GW32 Wc team.

Mignolet, Robles
    Bellerin, Cresswell, Evans (Delaney, Lovren)
    Sanchez, Mahrez, Lennon, Payet (Bolasie)
    Kane, Lukaku, Aguero
    2m or so ITB

This gives:
    5 DGW33
    2FTs Delaney and Bolasie to any Liverpool mid and DGW34 Def with a game in 35 (Newcastle probably)
    13 DGW34 + Kane and Mahrez = BB
    10 GW35 with 1 FT.
    8 DGW37 with 2 more FTs.

Think the Wildcard 32 side is slightly better than this non WC side of:
    Courtois
    Toby (doubt), Fuchs, Williams (Cedric, Moreno)
    Sanchez, Alli, Mahrez, Payet, Arnie...(not sure who to bench)
    Kane, Vardy, Agüero

Any.thoughts?

Sakho over Lovren for me and I don't fancy WBA defenders with those fixtures (*waits for Mr.P to defend Pulisball*). Would rather risk Gabriel at 4.3m than Evans and his dodgy injury record

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Benimar wrote: »
    I'm also leaning towards a GW32 WC for 2 reasons:

1. Allows a Lukaku TC in GW33. I'm not keen on the other TC options - Sanchez (34) delivers far too many 2 pointers for my liking and either Firmino (37) or Payet (37) may have nothing to play for.

2. Allows 4 or 5 (possibly 6 :eek::pac:) DGW33 players, with the ability to remove 2 Palace players for their poor DGW34.

The next debate is how many SGW players to keep. :P

Lukaku has a horrible GW33. Is Welbeck/Arsenal mid an option GW34 for TC.

Even if West Ham get to a cup final cant see to many of their players getting rested as they have a really good chance of Top 4 so tempted by Payet.
    Good headache to have

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Lukaku has a horrible GW33. Is Welbeck/Arsenal mid an option GW34 for TC.

Even if West Ham get to a cup final cant see to many of their players getting rested as they have a really good chance of Top 4 so tempted by Payet.
    Good headache to have
    I don't think it's that bad Everton are a lot better away from home. I'd expect atleast 1 goal in the two games.

Sakho over Lovren for me and I don't fancy WBA defenders with those fixtures (*waits for Mr.P to defend Pulisball*). Would rather risk Gabriel at 4.3m than Evans and his dodgy injury record

Good suggestions. What % do you think Gabriel is to start both DGW34. Has Mert been fit these last 4 games when Gabriel has started? He seems pretty secure, more 90s than I thought. 6 out of the last 8 PL as far as I can see.

Woulda thought Lovren was most nailed, no?

Can afford Dawson or McAuley but limits my budget for Bolasie spot. Dawson = Milner. McAuley=Coutinho.

That spot is pivotal to the whole plan. If I committed to Milner I could do wonderful things with the rest of the team! It could be Delaney to Smalling for GW34.

Good suggestions. What % do you think Gabriel is to start both DGW34. Has Mert been fit these last 4 games when Gabriel has started? He seems pretty secure, more 90s than I thought. 6 out of the last 8 PL as far as I can see.

Can afford Dawson or McAuley but limits my budget for Bolasie spot. Dawson = Milner. McAuley=Coutinho.

That spot is pivotal to the whole plan. If I committed to Milner I could do wonderful things with the rest of the team! It could be Delaney to Smalling for GW34.
    Sakho is the number 1 cb for liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Trying to maximise DGW 33 this is a potential WC this week

GW 33
    (0.9 ITB)
    Mignolet de Gea
    Clyne Bellerín Cresswell Coleman Delaney
    Lennon Sánchez Payet Bolasie Mahrez
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Use the 2 free transfers

GW 34
    (0.4 ITB)
    Mignolet de Gea
    Clyne Bellerín Cresswell Coleman Gabriel
    Lennon Sánchez Payet Milner Mahrez
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Cons
    Going very expensive in GK and DEF (possibly too expensive) and it means getting rid of Alli and most likely not getting him back again. By going so expensive it means I'm limited to Milner for Liverpool, could look at downgrading Clyne and Coleman
    10 GW 35 (using the free transfer)

Pros
    5 DGW 33
    13 DGW 34

What are your thoughts ? I hadn't been looking at Gabriel till Ziegler pointed it out and Milner might be the least risky of Liverpool Mids although without the chance of explosive returns like Firminho and Coutinho. (Firminho might still be carrying a little niggle also)

I'd say it's dependent on Gabriel's performances, probably 50% chance he starts all of DGW34 and GW35. Koscielny and Mertesacker have been fit for last two Arsenal matches where Per is on bench. I'm thinking of risking it because he's only 4.3m and not really a cameo type player so would get autosubs this GW or in 36, 38

• Advertisement

I don't think it's that bad Everton are a lot better away from home. I'd expect atleast 1 goal in the two games.

Everton home
    Goals for per game: 1.81
    Goals conceded par game: 1.75

Their goals conceded is by a distance the worst in the PL, Villa are next on 1.66, then Bournemouth 1.533, Chelsea 1.5 and Newcastle 1.466. PAlace are poor also at 1.375 with Lukaku in DGW33 in mind, although Watford at 0.875 not so promising.

Everton away
    Goals for per game: 1.69 - very close to home record, but not better.
    Goals conceded par game: 1.0 - much better defence away.

As for Lukaku..

Lukaku Home
    Total FPL points: 89
    FPL points per game: 5.56
    FPL mins/point: 16.17
    Goals: 9
    Goals/Game: 0.56
    Mins/Goal: 159.9
    Assists: 5

Lukaku Away
    Total FPL points: 78
    FPL points per game: 6
    FPL mins/point: 15.21
    Goals: 9
    Goals/Game: 0.69
    Mins/Goal: 131.8
    Assists: 1

So his FPL points and goal scoring rate is slightly better away but not significantly really.

This has turned into somewhat of an analysis of the Lukaku TC GW33 and its not a banker by any means.

The games being away is actually in his favour, as is the Palace fixture vs one of the worse home defences. The Watford game is not so attractive, but their form has faded with all their defensive stats worse over the last 6 compared to their early season form. They are practically safe and a huge cup match ahead may soften their resolve.

Probably going for it. If you look at it very negatively as the best chance of yout TC not blanking there is a good chance of at least one goal for him.

I'd say it's dependent on Gabriel's performances, probably 50% chance he starts all of DGW34 and GW35. Koscielny and Mertesacker have been fit for last two Arsenal matches where Per is on bench. I'm thinking of risking it because he's only 4.3m and not really a cameo type player so would get autosubs this GW or in 36, 38

I'm considering it too but its the chance of losing a match from the BB GW34 that is off putting. Also ties up 2 Arsenal spots where a punt on Iwobi or Wellbeck is ruled out....maybe thats a good thing!

This third striker spot is causing me the biggest headache. Martial's next 2 aren't great and then he blanks in 35. Mitrovic is unpredictable but has a game in 35. Defoe has 2 nice fixtures coming up but no DGW in 34. Arsenal strikers are too unpredictable re: game time. Sturridge is too unreliable. Ahhh such a headwrecker!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

This third striker spot is causing me the biggest headache. Martial's next 2 aren't great and then he blanks in 35. Mitrovic is unpredictable but has a game in 35. Defoe has 2 nice fixtures coming up but no DGW in 34. Arsenal strikers are too unpredictable re: game time. Sturridge is too unreliable. Ahhh such a headwrecker!
    Who's the first two? Lukaku/Aguero/Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm leaving Kane till 34 when I will get in Rooney or Martial for thise two fixtures. No one else appealed really except Wellbeck but he isn't first choice proper yet.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Who's the first two? Lukaku/Aguero/Kane

Lukaku and Aguero are my definites so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭COH

With both GKs (Butland/Hart) out I have to play my WC this week :mad:

Looking at the following team:

Adrian/Mignolet
    Bellerin/Gabriel/Evans/Delaney/Moreno
    Lennon/Payet/Sanchez/Mahrez/Bolasie
    Aguerro/Kane/Lukaku

That's 13 DGWs in GW34 and use whatever FTs thereafter to get 8-9 DGW players for GW37

Colking wrote: »

GW 33
    (0.9 ITB)
    Mignolet de Gea
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Use the 2 free transfers

GW 34
    (0.4 ITB)
    Mignolet de Gea
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Cons
    Going very expensive in GK and DEF (possibly too expensive) and it means getting rid of Alli and most likely not getting him back again. By going so expensive it means I'm limited to Milner for Liverpool, could look at downgrading Clyne and Coleman

Pros
    5 DGW 33
    13 DGW 34

What are your thoughts ? I hadn't been looking at Gabriel till Ziegler pointed it out and Milner might be the least risky of Liverpool Mids although without the chance of explosive returns like Firminho and Coutinho. (Firminho might still be carrying a little niggle also)

I like it besides tying yourself to Milner. Rojo and Robles over DDG and Coleman would get you there but it's riskier

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

I think that I will be going for this selection after my wildcard in GW33:

Mignolet, Robles;
    Sahko, Kos, Bellerin, Rojo, Simpson;
    Sanchez, Firmino, Payet, Lennon, Bolaise;
    Aguero, Lukaku, Martial.

4 doubles in 33.
    Save FT in 33.

In 34:
    Mignolet, Robles;
    Sahko, Kos, Bellerin, Rojo, Simpson;
    Sanchez, Firmino, Payet, Lennon, Bolaise;
    Aguero, Lukaku, Martial.

14 Doubles in 34 to go with my BB.
    I do two transfers for 35 - Bolaise to cheapie mid - Albrighton/King/Khaziri/watford mid and Martial to Kane leaving me with 10 excellent players for 35.

Mignolet(NEW)
    Sahko(NEW), Kos(sun), Bellerin(sun), Simpson(SWA);
    Sanchez(sun), Firmino(NEW), Albrighton/King/Khaziri;
    Aguero(STO), Kane(WBA).

There are 7/8 DGW players for 37 too, 3 x FTs and my TC.

• Advertisement

Colking wrote: »

GW 33
    (0.9 ITB)
    Mignolet de Gea
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Use the 2 free transfers

GW 34
    (0.4 ITB)
    Mignolet de Gea
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Cons

Pros
    5 DGW 33
    13 DGW 34

Very similar to my own plans. This is where I'd be if i was willing to commit to Milner which I 80% am. Just a slight fear Firmino might become indispensable - Sturridge injury and Firmino back up top for example.

Sahko instead of Clyne frees up cash and from a few posters above seemsto be nailed. I like the double Liverpool defence which I am gonna do as well. Newcastle at home in Gw35 a big potential plus there.

Double Arsenal def I'm also considering now.

I'm tempted to go without Man U but a possibility is to wait till GW34 and see if Rojo for example look nailed. You could change DDG to a cheaper keeper (Hennessey, Elliot?) and do Delaney to Rojo or another United def for 34.

You must have very good team value btw.

Advertisement