Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Im considering leaving aguero out of my team for the DGW to free up funds. He has only scored 4 away goals this season, and both his DGW games are away. You can really strengthen your team elsewhere without him in it. A risky move but could pay off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I like it besides tying yourself to Milner. Rojo and Robles over DDG and Coleman would get you there but it's riskier

Thanks, trying to second guess the Utd defense outside of De Gea and Smalling is a complete nightmare.

Rojo could very well get full gametime and then he might get bit parts or be overlooked entirely. It would be a large gamble on Gabriel and Rojo toghether for DGW 34 though so might need to rethink that one.

FHFC wrote: »
    Very similar to my own plans. This is where I'd be if i was willing to commit to Milner which I 80% am. Just a slight fear Firmino might become indispensable - Sturridge injury and Firmino back up top for example.

Sahko instead of Clyne frees up cash and from a few posters above seemsto be nailed. I like the double Liverpool defence which I am gonna do as well. Newcastle at home in Gw35 a big potential plus there.

Double Arsenal def I'm also considering now.

I'm tempted to go without Man U but a possibility is to wait till GW34 and see if Rojo for example look nailed. You could change DDG to a cheaper keeper (Hennessey, Elliot?) and do Delaney to Rojo or another United def for 34.

You must have very good team value btw.

Thanks, I'm taking a second look at De Gea now and apart from the very nice fixtures in 34 you could take a reasonable punt on leaving Mignolet in goals for the rest of the run in which lets you get that cheaper gk of Robles /Elliot/Hennessy

108.7 RV is finally starting to look good for something.

If I tweak Lennon to Antonio from Westham it lets me put Monreal in Defense with Bellerin

(0.1 ITB)
    Mignolet Robles
    Sakho Bellerín Cresswell Rojo Monreal
    Antonio Payet Sánchez Firmino Mahrez
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Problem with that is missing out on Potential returns in 33.

or you could play this WC team in 33

Mignolet Robles
    Sakho Bellerín Cresswell Dann Monreal
    Lennon Payet Sánchez Bolasie Mahrez
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

and then take a -4 (with the built up 2 free) in 34 for this:

Mignolet Robles
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

very tough choices and you're exposed to price fluctuations on a few players

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'm just going to wing it.

WC this Saturday morning (while at a stag)
    Get in a ball of players with DGW in 34 and probably no game in 35.

Have absolutely no exit plan and take numerous -8 points hits over the course of gw 35, 36 and 37 then waste my TC in gw 38 on some lad who gets rested.

That's how I roll, bitches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No wildcard any suggestions on what to do over the next 3 gws with this
    Elliott hennessey
    Ake Daniels Williams vvd Morgan
    Mahrez alli wijnaldum sanchez ozil
    Kane aguero lukaku
    I currently have 2 DGW players for 33 , 8 for 34 and 2 for 37.
    1.1 in the bank have my 1 ft for this week. I'm prepared to take up to 12 pts in hits over the next 3 gws.

I'm just going to wing it.

WC this Saturday morning (while at a stag)
    Get in a ball of players with DGW in 34 and probably no game in 35.

Have absolutely no exit plan and take numerous -8 points hits over the course of gw 35, 36 and 37 then waste my TC in gw 38 on some lad who gets rested.

That's how I roll, bitches.

You seem very calm Striker 2nd Row ;)

WYjklnY.gif

Elliott hennessey
    Kane aguero lukaku

How much ITB and any free Transfers ?

Colking wrote: »
    How much ITB and any free Transfers ?

Edited initial post with more info

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Elliott hennessey
    Kane aguero lukaku
    1.1 in the bank have my 1 ft for this week. I'm prepared to take up to 12 pts in hits over the next 3 gws.

VVD to Bellerin this week, Alli to a Liverpool mid next week (Kane out for a hit if you want Firmino/Cout)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Elliott hennessey
    Kane aguero lukaku

Sako for Williams/VVD is a decent move to make.

Elliott hennessey
    Kane aguero lukaku

You already have the template Strikeforce.
    Your Goalkeepers are good for 33-35 but no doubles in 37

Your midfield is a tougher proposition. I'm not sure how much value you have built up in Alli and Mahrez ?

If Newcastle are going to do anything to save themselves in the next few then Gini will be a large part of it. I think you could do worse than to keep both Ozil and Sanchez but,

Many people will have Payet and Firminho do you want both of them or one of them ? Are you happy to cut loose Alli or does it make more financial sense to lose Mahrez (stored value again)

Your defence is where I'd concentrate. Monreal (slight rotation risk with Gibbs but meh) is a cheaper way into the Arsenal Defence and with Cech coming back you'll want some of that.
    Liverpool Defence and Man Utd Defence are also worth looking at. Some people think Flanagan might get the playing time but Sakho is your safer bet. here.

Ake is good for 34 and 37 for you. I'd look at Daniels for a westham defender.

I think you can afford :

Elliot Hennessey
    Aké Daniels Monreal Sakho Morgan
    Milner Wijnaldum Sánchez Özil Mahrez
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Cons
    That leaves you with no Alli and no Payet though.

Pros
    It has 4 DGW37 and 3 free transfers to build this into 7
    Full GW35
    11 DGW 34

A snapshot with current resale values would let me know more closely what you're able to swing or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Colking wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm taking a second look at De Gea now and apart from the very nice fixtures in 34 you could take a reasonable punt on leaving Mignolet in goals for the rest of the run in which lets you get that cheaper gk of Robles /Elliot/Hennessy

108.7 RV is finally starting to look good for something.

If I tweak Lennon to Antonio from Westham it lets me put Monreal in Defense with Bellerin

(0.1 ITB)
    Mignolet Robles
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Problem with that is missing out on Potential returns in 33.

or you could play this WC team in 33

Mignolet Robles
    Sakho Bellerín Cresswell Dann Monreal
    Lennon Payet Sánchez Bolasie Mahrez
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

and then take a -4 (with the built up 2 free) in 34 for this:

Mignolet Robles
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

very tough choices and you're exposed to price fluctuations on a few players

Thats a heck of a value. I have about 2m less and its exactly now it would make a huge difference!

Antonio ahead of Lennon is interesting. Their stats are very similar last 6 weeks or so, and there's a strong case for the player with something to play for in arguably a considerably better team in Antonio.

With Robles being so cheap and Evertons defence better away (and they have 6/9 away from here) maybe double Everton defence could be an option instead of Lennon. However it means one less DGW33 player.

Mignolet/Robles
    Bellerin, Gabriel, Sahko, Cresswell, Delaney
    Sanchez, Mahrez, Antonio, Payet, Bolasie
    Aguero, Lukaku, Kane
    leaves me 3m in the bank with the 2 Palace players in bold to go by GW34. Who replaces them depends on the Liverpool midfielder of choice and how Man United line up in defence the next 2 weeks. I can afford Firmino and Rojo with nothing to spare, or Couthinho if price changes mess me up. I can afford Milner and whoever I want in defence - Smalling or Coleman are options.

This might be the way to go have enough flexibility in those 2 highlighted positions. Gabriel is the only gamble. Everton defence is covered for theri DGW33 and the option to double on their defence for DGW34.

If I had £2m more I'd be able to have De Gea for Robles and Funes Mori/Firmino or Coleman/Coutinho in the positions in bold which may be food for thought for you.

Edit, the wee -4 you suggested to switch Lennon to Antonio after GW33 might be genius! :)

Elliott hennessey
    Kane aguero lukaku

A variety of views so far.

For my tuppence I'd be most worried about the following in roughly this order:
    1. No Payet - a must have IMO with 2 doubles, a form team and high ownership. Plus a great fixture this week so he'd be my priority.
    2. An Arsenal defender needed ASAP.
    3. A Liverpool defender also but not this week.
    4. More Everton needed - with no WC the luxury of getting Robles when you already have DGW keepers is probably out. Defenders are expensive for their poor CS record. Depends what you think re Lennon/Barkley as far as midfield goes.
    5. At least one more West Ham player.

I think with no WC you gotta forget about any more Palace players before GW33.

This week I'd be looking at Payet in for Ozil/Sanchez, the time for having both is probably over with DGWs ahoy. You and I both know youre gonna keep Sanchez there! :) I'd also consider Bellerin for a hit this week as it has a very good chance of breaking even on the -4 given the pretty awful fixtures your defence has. In fact if taking hits, and given I think your defence needs the most work, going -8 to get maybe a West Ham def could see those hits break even right away.

Then you could use your GW33 FT and maybe a hit to get 2 Everton players (def and mid) for DGW33 and get yourself up to 4 DGW33s. Then get your Liverpool midfielder of choice for DGW34

Of course I should advise you to take all the hits in GW33!! ;)

Thanks for the feedback lads. Ozil and sanchez I'll be keeping for the season. A -4 this week for arsenal and west ham defender could make sense. Payet is a problem for me as I feel it has to be him or barkley. If I went barkley id get Payet in before gw37. I think sorting out my defence first with dgw players is probably the best option. However I'd like the option of Kane to wellbeck for 34 which I won't have if I get in an arsenal def as I'd then have 3 arsenal.
    FhFC hits don't count in our cup game ☺

Thanks for the feedback lads. Ozil and sanchez I'll be keeping for the season. A -4 this week for arsenal and west ham defender could make sense. Payet is a problem for me as I feel it has to be him or barkley. If I went barkley id get Payet in before gw37. I think sorting out my defence first with dgw players is probably the best option. However I'd like the option of Kane to wellbeck for 34 which I won't have if I get in an arsenal def as I'd then have 3 arsenal.
    FhFC hits don't count in our cup game ☺

What are your thoughts on Barkley vs Lennon vs Antonio for that 5th mid slot?

The Kane to Welbeck punt is something I had an eye on too and one of the cons of doubling on Arsenal defence.

Will keeping Ozil and Sanchez not restrict you budget wise a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Right my turn :D
    Forster Elliot
    Fuchs alder wolly Williams smith
    Willian mahrez Alli Arnie Siggy
    Kane lukaku Aguero

2FT ( only have TC chip left )
    7.1 ITB
    20 pts off league leader who has sold Aguero and has only BB left and played WC last week with a pretty short term team set up !
    Had a clear path WRITTEN out on paper before the DGW 33 arose
    Now I'm all confused !
    Please help !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Haven't followed this thread in 10days. Had a stag/the bank holiday and a funeral so all over the place.

Anyone give me the latest news please?

I've 2ft's this week. Also looking at the wildcard/DGW - BB combo anything changed?
    Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

well Everton & Crystal Palace are having a game soon

Rob Elliot has picked up a bad knee injury
    What the point in planning anything :(

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on Barkley vs Lennon vs Antonio for that 5th mid slot?

The Kane to Welbeck punt is something I had an eye on too and one of the cons of doubling on Arsenal defence.

Will keeping Ozil and Sanchez not restrict you budget wise a lot?
    I'm happy to double up on them for every gw bar 33 and 37. I'll bench ozil for those weeks. They have great fixtures all the other weeks. Lennon wouldn't enter my thoughts I don't rate him as an ff player he would need more than 4 or 5 gws to change my opinion. I also reckon he will be rotated. I haven't seen much of antonio so can't comment but I'd go payet and with 35 in mind can't do a wh double up. I'm not mad on barkley either tbh but I'll probably go for him.

km79 wrote: »
    Rob Elliot has picked up a bad knee injury
    What the point in planning anything :(

Nightmare

Nightmare

Had been considering getting in Adrian for Forster this week and not playing Elliot 34 anyway BUT he had a game 35 ! Can't do that now unless Elliot looks like being back by then .
    Still won't be selling him anyway it will be Forster to go as money is tight for DGW plans as is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Nightmare
    Especially for the likes of me with a butland/elliot combo!

Hogey007 wrote: »

Ouch I don't feel so bad now

Hogey007 wrote: »

Pray for hogey !
    Have you a WC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

so City will be playing against Newcastle's 3rd choice keeper in their DGW 34.
    the plot thickens.

so City will be playing against Newcastle's 3rd choice keeper in their DGW 34.
    the plot thickens.

Silver
    Lining
    :)
    I'm still very very tempted by Aguero either way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

km79 wrote: »
    Pray for hogey !
    Have you a WC?
    Yeah, I was hoping to keep it for gw37 but may have to rethink. I didn't mind butland too much as I woulda got by with Elliot but his injury is a huge kick in the stones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cech, Butland, Bertrand, Toby and Firmino all injured in my team. Wonder who else will be crocked before Saturday. No choice but to do my wildcard now, the effort of trying to pick a team seems like so much hard work.

Advertisement