Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Elite Controller thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

CatInABox wrote: »
    Explain the difference by using analogies to things that she knows, you know, like an expensive Mercedes compared to a dirty peasant car, or a really nice perfume compared to some dirty peasant perfume, or a superb bottle of aged wine, compared to dirty peasant wine. Something along those lines. :pac:

Haha that's what I always do, If she arguess I just say for your next birthday do you want 15 euro perfume or proper stuff ha she eventually understands.

Played some dirt rally and battlefield with this tonight and all I can say is wow it feels so good. I have been using dual shock 4 and before that dual shock 3 and this beats them hands down so much more responsive and the in game feel of them is great.

Only part I miss from the dual shock 4 is been able to use the touch pad as a mouse for battle log ect in battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just picked up one today. Is there much to setting it up working on windows 10? Will the normal xbone wireless receiver work?

Arise Sir Jayo26 of Boards.

Peasant, no more.

M400464.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I don't trust you with that sword FailSafe.....

yLl7xmu.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

How do I control headset volume and mute options with this controller :(

• Advertisement

Just picked up one today. Is there much to setting it up working on windows 10? Will the normal xbone wireless receiver work?

Just to update I got the wireless receiver and play and charge kit and both work flawless. The wireless receiver seemingly only works on windows 10 and it's simply plug and play unless you want to remap the buttons and stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Carroller wrote: »
    How do I control headset volume and mute options with this controller :(

I believe it's in the Xbox guide. Double tap the xbox button and then go down to settings with a headset plugged in.

Xbox Elite Controller for only €126 : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZV0NH40/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheapest I've seen it yet I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Driving games are just amazing with this thing. Has anyone used it much for FPS games?

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Driving games are just amazing with this thing. Has anyone used it much for FPS games?
    Yes. All the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Yes. All the time.

I meant, how is it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Xbox Elite Controller for only €126 : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZV0NH40/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheapest I've seen it yet I think.

Sold!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-08%20at%2009.19.48_zpsj6lpkboj.png

JoyPad wrote: »
    Sold!

Your name IS Joypad after all. You deserve the best! :cool:

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I meant, how is it? ;)

Fantastic. Its what these types of controllers were meant for.

JoyPad wrote: »
    Sold!

Arise Sir JoyPad of Boards.

Peasant, no more.

M400464.jpg

Arise Sir JoyPad of Boards.

Peasant, no more.

I ordered a new 1 too. Can I get a re-knighting? :P

760lXfn.png

• Registered Users Posts: 27,819 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I ordered a new 1 too. Can I get a re-knighting? :P

760lXfn.png

Why the feck do you need two :D

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Why the feck do you need two :D

Why the feck not? :P

Nah, I sold mine to cex and ordered a brand spankin new one with fresh warranty and made a little profit at the same time.

Plus the left analogue stick on mine was always a little loose :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Thought these things were meant to be quality build?

p.s. I will never buy a controller from Cex after hearing that :P

qrx wrote: »
    Thought these things were meant to be quality build?

p.s. I will never buy a controller from Cex after hearing that :P

It worked 100% it's just the left analogue stick you could lift up and down it kind of annoyed my ocd :rolleyes:

Saying that, I just bought a regular controller in cex the other day too and it had the worst stick drift I've ever seen. I brought it back in, didn't even bother telling them and sold it with no problems lol.

2 year warranty on everything in there tho.

• Advertisement

Son has had his Elite since his birthday in February. His Covert Forces controller has sat there unused since.
    Meanwhile, I snatched his "peasant" controller, as it had the 3.5mm headphones connector, and used it with my XBox. At times, I needed the second controller, during weekend sessions of Forza, where intense vibrating can drain the battery after a few hours.

When my Elite arrives, we will have 3 "peasant" controllers in the house, all with wireless charging (two of these). Reckon there's a market for such things?

Why the feck not? :P

Nah, I sold mine to cex and ordered a brand spankin new one with fresh warranty and made a little profit at the same time.

What are CEX paying at the minute? Might do that myself:D

Might do the the trick posted in BA to get a free £10 voucher for Amazon and get it even cheaper.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What are CEX paying at the minute? Might do that myself:D

Might do the the trick posted in BA to get a free £10 voucher for Amazon and get it even cheaper.

€110 cash, €136 voucher.

I took the voucher myself as was buying something in there.

€110 cash, €136 voucher.

I took the voucher myself as was buying something in there.

Costing €15 to get a brand new elite controller is a pretty good deal to be fair.

Went into cex the other day nearly choked when I seen them selling them for 200 euro second hand I asked the guy (or girl I'm still not sure) was it a mistake as I could buy one new in gamestop which us next door for 159 and he said as calm as you like nope it's because the demand is so high. Seriously must be some silly people shopping in cex.

Realistically you could buy one on adverts for 100 euro and sell it straight away for minimum 10 quid profit.

Seriously must be some silly people shopping in cex.

Most likely trading: get rid of the old Wii or DVD or whatnot, exchange for voucher, use it to buy the thing.
    All other stores require actual money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Used my new elite for the first time last night, pretty sweet indeed. Disappointed that my play and charge kit isn't compatible with it though.

sweetie wrote: »
    Used my new elite for the first time last night, pretty sweet indeed. Disappointed that my play and charge kit isn't compatible with it though.

What kit do you have? I got the official kit in argos for 24 quid I think it was and it works perfectly and battery lasts ages.

It's been reported that only the official play and charge kit works with the Elite.
    Having seen both, I think the key is that the rechargeable piece fits under the original cover, because covers that work with the original controllers do not work with the Elite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

What kit do you have? I got the official kit in argos for 24 quid I think it was and it works perfectly and battery lasts ages.

think I got the GAME one. Might pick up an official one now so, cheers

Advertisement