Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,113 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I have compiled a comprehensive list:

Inaugural Women's Flyweight fight
    JoJo Calderwood def Valerie Letourneau by TKO
    18/6/16

Mara Borella def Kalindra Faria by RNC
    7/10/17

You can argue that a 3rd FlyW fight took place between Jessy and Rawlings.
    However, as Jessy missed weight it goes into the books as a Catchweight bout.
    yeah, technically it was catchweight. But in terms of rankings and matchmaking, I'd imagine Sean Shelby will be considering it as a Fly fight. Official record books don't really exist afaik. Certainly not with the jokers in the Aussie commission :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Mellor wrote: »
    yeah, technically it was catchweight. But in terms of rankings and matchmaking, I'd imagine Sean Shelby will be considering it as a Fly fight. Official record books don't really exist afaik. Certainly not with the jokers in the Aussie commission :D

I'd be interested to see said rankings in any case.
    Winner of the Paige v Jessy fight will surely be top 5. See how the TUF series pans out.

Also didn't Valentina say she would drop down from BW? She could fight the TUF winner next.

JoJo and Letourneau will also be Top 10 IMO

Alexa Davis, Liz Carmouche and Jessica Eye dropping down. Between them, the new signings and the TUF cast they'll make a top 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Mellor wrote: »
    Alexa Davis, Liz Carmouche and Jessica Eye dropping down. Between them, the new signings and the TUF cast they'll make a top 15.

It could end up being the best Women's division pretty soon.

So many could potentially find a middle ground and ideal weight by moving up/down.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rumour has it that the vast majority of this season's TUF cast have been offered UFC contracts too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It could end up being the best Women's division pretty soon.

So many could potentially find a middle ground and ideal weight by moving up/down.

Yupp 125 is where it's gonna be at!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Paully D wrote: »
    Rumour has it that the vast majority of this season's TUF cast have been offered UFC contracts too.
    Your one with the rack that lost in the quarters and weighed in as wonder woman for Invicta will be getting one I imagine.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They kinda have to in fairness. Otherwise the division could be pretty empty.

Same as the 115 season. The cast minus any rejects plus the other signing and fighters moving up/down. And you get a top 15 pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,737 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Your one with the rack that lost in the quarters and weighed in as wonder woman for Invicta will be getting one I imagine.

Jesus Christ man it’s 2017, post a link please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ah FFS lads come on her name is Rachael Ostovich

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ man it’s 2017, post a link please

Rachael-Ostovich-Berdon-Invicta-21-Weigh-In-by-Scott-Hirano-Photography.jpg

Didnt dern fight a Flyweight in her last fight? missed the cut to 115 a few times and has an invicta contract now as well? surely shes going to end up in the UFC

Jesus saves!!!!!

dashoonage wrote: »
    Jesus saves!!!!!

On the show when she was deciding what to wear for the weigh ins and was walking around in her bra and panties, I nearly had a stroke.

On the show when she was deciding what to wear for the weigh ins and was walking around in her bra and panties, I nearly had a stroke.

what you have a stroke to man is your own business :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

what you have a stroke to man is your own business :P

Clever :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Didnt dern fight a Flyweight in her last fight? missed the cut to 115 a few times and has an invicta contract now as well? surely shes going to end up in the UFC

She's a few fights away from the UFC yet. Lets see how she does in Invicta before sending her up to the big leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

On the show when she was deciding what to wear for the weigh ins and was walking around in her bra and panties

And then proceeded to weigh in wearing her skimpiest bra and panties.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,737 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I think the guys face in the back says it for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I got an email last week from the UFC informing me about Dern signing with Invicta. I don't remember them doing that for anybody else ever so I think if she wins 2-3 in a row then she is a certainty to be called up. She needs to work on her striking and striking defense first though unless she is fed cans.

cliggg wrote: »
    I got an email last week from the UFC informing me about Dern signing with Invicta. I don't remember them doing that for anybody else ever so I think if she wins 2-3 in a row then she is a certainty to be called up. She needs to work on her striking and striking defense first though unless she is fed cans.

Can you imagine putting her in the cage with a 125lbs joanna

Can you imagine putting her in the cage with a 125lbs joanna
    If Dern could get her down though? She is absolutely vicious in her Jiu-Jitsu fights and has been on the ground in her MMA fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I wonder are punches to the boobs sore, fairly big targets there

Does anyone really know whats going on with the Khabib vs Barboza vs Tony love triangle at the moment ?

Just let Khabib and Barboza bang no ?

https://twitter.com/RusHammerMMA/status/933620472402665472

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I wonder are punches to the boobs sore, fairly big targets there

Of course they would be

Does anyone really know whats going on with the Khabib vs Barboza vs Tony love triangle at the moment ?

Just let Khabib and Barboza bang no ?

https://twitter.com/RusHammerMMA/status/933620472402665472

I thought the same thing about DC, Tony cuts a fair bit of weight before he even starts his proper training camp to make his final cut easier. It sounds like DC & Khabib want him drained because that's the only way they think Khabib wins.

Khabib's response. It just gets weirder. If you're focused on Barboza then stop talking about Tony at all.
    https://twitter.com/TeamKhabib/status/933417415194505216

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I'm drained from the Khabib vs Ferguson stuff now. They've been on about it for so long it's just lost its lustre for me. More Khabib's fault than Ferguson's obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Reeks of Khabib trying to get some embers going again tbh

If he beats Barboza then he can say Ferguson 'Run away like Chicken' and try to get that fight going again with people talking about it - Helwani will now be addressing it on the MMA hour for sure, people are once again putting Khabib and Ferguson in the same sentence which is more than enough for Khabib right now.

If UFC wants it then Ferguson vs. Khabib could fight but it'd have to be a case that McGregor is stripped of the title, Ferguson as interim champ has to get the opportunity to challenge for the full title now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement