Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

dashoonage wrote: »
    I still believe in Joanna to be honeat. I say she destroys rose next time. I think she bought too much into her own hype. That's gone now. I think we see a very focused Joanna next time..

yep agree with this. tho Rose might fight someone else before Joanna's next fight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Holly could cause problems for cyborg Evinger had a real good go until well the knees to the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone know much about Danni Neilan? I see she made the finals of the IMMAF World Championships but was beaten just there by unanimous decision in a great fight. Fights out of SBG I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Holly could cause problems for cyborg Evinger had a real good go until well the knees to the face.
    Evinger, while surviving, was completely out of her depth from beginning to end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Evinger survived but she was getting picked apart and slaughtered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Evinger survived but she was getting picked apart and slaughtered.

She did but I just thought Holly is more athletic and has a better ground game than cyborg. Evinger made it further than I expected.

She did but I just thought Holly is more athletic and has a better ground game than cyborg. Evinger made it further than I expected.

There's no way in hell Holly has a better ground game than Cyborg, a brown belt under Andre Galvao, a world champion at purple belt, and training partner of Gabi Garcia.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Holly has a ground game?

Mellor wrote: »
    Holly has a ground game?

She showed decent defensive wrestling against Ronda I guess?

Cupcake didn't have much trouble with her once she got her down, was a quick trip to snoozy town.

Holly has a ground game?

She showed decent defensive wrestling against Ronda I guess?

Cupcake didn't have much trouble with her once she got her down, was a quick trip to snoozy town.

Verses Ronda she had obviously sorbs a ****load of time drilling that specific defense to the clinch. In terms if general ground game, I got the impression she's pretty basic. Nowhere near Cyborg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

is it like a requirement that you sign a fight contract with DC and then go and **** your life up ?

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/11/ufc-light-heavyweight-contender-volkan-oezdemir-arrested-on-battery-charge-in-florida

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Any chance a late replacement can be found

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

JJayoo wrote: »
    Any chance a late replacement can be found

Expecting a certain banned athlete to fill in, fight with a Mexican luchador’s mask on and be billed as Juan “Huesos” Jonas.

The UFC is practically WWE at this stage anyway in terms of matchmaking, might as well go the whole hog now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

What about alexander gustafsson ?

I don't think the fight was official, but rumoured for 220, gus will most likely get a shot.

I'd still have preferred dc tell the UFC keep their belt, take another six months off and then come back at HW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I don't think the fight was official, but rumoured for 220, gus will most likely get a shot.

I'd still have preferred dc tell the UFC keep their belt, take another six months off and then come back at HW

The LHW division is in tatters.

Apparently Oezdemir's assault took place after a man at a bar touched his girlfriend's breasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Paully D wrote: »
    Apparently Oezdemir's assault took place after a man at a bar touched his girlfriend's breasts.

If true then i do have sympathy for him. But as a trained professional fighter he must know better.

Easy enough to say though when not in his situation though

People love to rag on the UFC for fighter pay, uniforms, only paying for X corner men etc etc.
    For the sake of perspective. This is the backstage warm up area for fighters at the last Belator event.

What the actual fcuk?

23755268_10156197215938912_6550404278165912709_n.jpg?oh=3cd25f84eee3bb760939b8dc1aecaf18&oe=5A8B1AE8

https://www.facebook.com/mitchell.chamale/posts/10156197239188912

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭cletus

I'm not on Facebook so can't click the link, what's the background to that picture? Bellator 188 took place in a large indoor arena in Tel Aviv, how did the fighters end up on the grass verge beside the car park?

cletus wrote: »
    I'm not on Facebook so can't click the link, what's the background to that picture? Bellator 188 took place in a large indoor arena in Tel Aviv, how did the fighters end up on the grass verge beside the car park?

Belator 188 was in Tel Aviv. But they had an event yesterday in Florida. Monster Energy Series, a tie in with Nascar events.

The face book post is the above photo with the following tect.
    Mitchell Chamale
    14 hrs · Homestead, FL, United States

Fight for Bellator they said... with all the production equipment they travelled with, they could have thrown ins couple mats.
    The state wants the fighters to carry themselves as professionals, but don’t require promotions to treat them like professionals. I️t has to work both ways.

I know it's a minor event. But these are still pro fighters, pretty disgraceful imo.

The utter state of that Shanghai card this weekend. Jesus wept.

Bisping has really dug them out of a hole.

Jessica Rose-Clark vs PVZ set.

Great opportunity to make a name for herself, Mellor. :)

is there a link there mellor? i had to do an auld search for the wiki page myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

So her tweet about a title shut is now confirmed as bollox :)

Good matchup.
    Liked the look of Jessy. I think she wins this by Sub.

Yeah, Jess told me about this at the weekend. They offered it to her post fight and she jumped at it. Was just waiting on Paige to sign.

IMO Paige is the best case opponent for her. This will get a lots of media coverage but she is absolutely beatable for Jess.
    The division is new, and Paige is already 2-0, so she has to be near the top of the pile in waiting.

This TUF seson is getting more interesting, Ill have to watch now.
    So her tweet about a title shut is now confirmed as bollox :)

Good matchup.
    Liked the look of Jessy. I think she wins this by Sub.
    A agree.
    I got a crazy 11-1 for Jessy by sub at the weekend. Was screaming for her to finish the head and arm.
    is there a link there mellor? i had to do an auld search for the wiki page myself...
    I've know Jessy for about 5 years. Since I started Jiu Jitus/MMA. She was living in Sydney, put moved to Vegas to train in Syndicate MMA.
    When Jojo pulled out, she got the short notice cal up as she didn't need a visa.

Yeah, Jess told me about this at the weekend. They offered it to her post fight and she jumped at it. Was just waiting on Paige to sign.

IMO Paige is the best case opponent for her. This will get a lots of media coverage but she is absolutely beatable for Jess.
    The division is new, and Paige is already 2-0, so she has to be near the top of the pile in waiting.

This TUF seson is getting more interesting, Ill have to watch now.

A agree.
    I got a crazy 11-1 for Jessy by sub at the weekend. Was screaming for her to finish the head and arm.

I've know Jessy for about 5 years. Since I started Jiu Jitus/MMA. She was living in Sydney, put moved to Vegas to train in Syndicate MMA.
    When Jojo pulled out, she got the short notice cal up as she didn't need a visa.

Paige is 2-0?
    I didnt understand that part.

This is her flyweight debut right?

Also just noticed that this was the 2nd time Jessy has missed weight at FlyW.
    Hopefully that's not a problem going forward

Paige is 2-0?
    I didnt understand that part.

This is her flyweight debut right?

Also just noticed that this was the 2nd time Jessy has missed weight at FlyW.
    Hopefully that's not a problem going forward
    For some reason I thought that Paige v Bec Rawlings was Flyweight. I see now it wasn't. Is there anywhere to get a list of all the W.Fly fight so far in the UFC?

She was 2lbs over last weekend. But to be fair she on a weeks notice and only landed in Sydney on Monday. I thought she looked smaller than Bec in there.

• Advertisement

I have compiled a comprehensive list:

Inaugural Women's Flyweight fight
    JoJo Calderwood def Valerie Letourneau by TKO
    18/6/16

Mara Borella def Kalindra Faria by RNC
    7/10/17

You can argue that a 3rd FlyW fight took place between Jessy and Rawlings.
    However, as Jessy missed weight it goes into the books as a Catchweight bout.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement