Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

D'Agger wrote: »
    If UFC wants it then Ferguson vs. Khabib could fight but it'd have to be a case that McGregor is stripped of the title, Ferguson as interim champ has to get the opportunity to challenge for the full title now

Which shows how McGregor is ruining the division. Both Khabib and Ferguson both want to fight McGregor for the belt. Khabib vs Ferguson does a tiny percentage of the numbers either vs McGregor does.

Ideally Khabib would've wanted the McGregor vs Ferguson fight to happen in December and for McGregor to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The UFC are basically panicking and trying to pull something out of their arses after Conors bollocks at Bellator forced killed their big surprise fight plan.
    First was try get an injured, suspend Woodley to fight Nate, which resulted in Nate telling them to kindly do one.
    Then they phone Khabib and ask would he fight Tony without having a deal done on Tony's side and Tony is telling them to kindly go do one.

Their big end of year card is not coming together and now their shareholders won't be happy campers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I dont think Conor was ever going to fight on the New Year event.

Probably something the UFC would have liked. But I would imagine he will take time off, concentrate of other business, enjoy Christmas and go back training in the New year. I would guess he should be good to fight later in the Spring

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The UFC are basically panicking and trying to pull something out of their arses after Conors bollocks at Bellator forced killed their big surprise fight plan.

There was no surprise fight, just admit you called it wrong Marcos McGregor had no intentions of fighting in Vegas in a month against a killer like Ferguson who nobody even knows outside of hardcore mma fans, its wasnt and still wont be happening anytime soon.

Gamebred wrote: »
    There was no surprise fight, just admit you called it wrong Marcos McGregor had no intentions of fighting in Vegas in a month against a killer like Ferguson who nobody even knows outside of hardcore mma fans, its wasnt and still wont be happening anytime soon.

No, he was going to be fighting Diaz in December. That's the card the UFC admitted they pulled him from. That's the fight Diaz was in camp for.

• Advertisement

No, he was going to be fighting Diaz in December. That's the card the UFC admitted they pulled him from. That's the fight Diaz was in camp for.

So Diaz was in camp but McGregor was just planning a camp of being on the session every weekend for it? absolute garbage talk and you know it, ufc might of wanted it but it was never a viable option.

7 week fight camp would have been plenty of time for both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

McGregor was never going to fight in December, and definetley not against Diaz.

If you hadn't of made that prediction Marcus, you'd be the first person saying McGregor wasn't ever going to fight, and the so called punishment is just bull**** to keep the snowflakes happy

7 week fight camp would have been plenty of time for both of them.

Yeah right no Danis or nothing, he wouldnt go to a press conference before the last fight over his need to train for it not a hope in hell they would fight Diaz on 7 weeks notice after being on the devils dandruff for weeks before camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ah lads **** off to the mcungget thread will ye!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Would Khabib vs. Tony even add much to the popular appeal of the card? I'm far more interested in the Barboza fight right now tbh. I imagine Tony is no bigger of a draw than Barboza when it comes to casual fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Would Khabib vs. Tony even add much to the popular appeal of the card? I'm far more interested in the Barboza fight right now tbh. I imagine Tony is no bigger of a draw than Barboza when it comes to casual fans.

Ah tony is a far bigger draw than barboza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

ricero wrote: »
    Ah tony is a far bigger draw than barboza

Why would he be though? Surely the type of person who buys PPVs will know both Tony and Barboza and recognise that Khabib/Barboza is just as interesting a matchup? The only upside from a PPV point if view I can think of is that it's another title fight to slap on the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Surely the type of person who buys PPVs will know both Tony and Barboza and recognise that Khabib/Barboza is just as interesting a matchup?

You are giving the casual MMA way too much credit here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

That schaub fella is some arsehole. Was listening to the stone cold steve austin podcast and he was walking about how he did his stand up in Dublin which is part of England

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

That schaub fella is some arsehole. Was listening to the stone cold steve austin podcast and he was walking about how he did his stand up in Dublin which is part of England

I wouldn't take it so personally. Many Irish people dont know what states a lot of American Cities are in. We receive most our media and entertainment from the states and they would receive virtually none from us. In school their focus is mostly on American history and geography, while ours would be in Ireland and some of Europe.

Its understandable that most Americans would know little about Europe and Ireland. We speak English and are right beside England, and need to realise most countries know f'all about us outside of Guinness. In my experience many people in Europe are not completely sure we are different country from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Its understandable that most Americans would know little about Europe and Ireland. We speak English and are right beside England, and need to realise most countries know f'all about us outside of Guinness. In my experience many people in Europe are not completely sure we are different country from the UK.

True but ask a Canadian what part of America they're from and watch the reaction, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Gastelum needed 2 tries and had to get in the nip to make 186 for his fight with Bisping. He has been saying in interviews all week that he is going back to welterweight after this fight. Somehow I don't think that will happen...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I wouldn't take it so personally. Many Irish people dont know what states a lot of American Cities are in. We receive most our media and entertainment from the states and they would receive virtually none from us. In school their focus is mostly on American history and geography, while ours would be in Ireland and some of Europe.

North America is essentially it's own continent. Each state is pretty much a country, if you asked a random Irish person about Moldova, Andorra or another small European country they would also know f*ck all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Didn't hear him on austins podcast but on the fighter and the kid shows after his tour he had nothing but good things to say about Ireland and the Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

D.Q wrote: »
    Didn't hear him on austins podcast but on the fighter and the kid shows after his tour he had nothing but good things to say about Ireland and the Irish.

I like him. Some Irish people get offended unless Americans know our postcodes off by heart. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Chaps does anyone know off the top of their head if Bisping v Gastelum is on BT tomorrow morning live?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's on BT Sport 3 from 12pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

dulux99 wrote: »
    Chaps does anyone know off the top of their head if Bisping v Gastelum is on BT tomorrow morning live?

BT Sport 3 at midday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

BT Sport 3 at midday

Also for anyone interested the prelims are due to start at 8:45 am on fightpass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Surely bisping rockhold is the fight to make for his retirement.

Romero is the only fight to make.

Gamebred wrote: »

You just want to see Bisping die :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Gamebred wrote:

Are you mad he spent his whole time as champion running from him, he would t have his last fight against him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement