Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

dulux99 wrote: »
    Apparently Emil Meek is having visa issues and the Kamaru Usman fight is in doubt...would love to see Darren Till step in. Should be beat Usman (big if) I could see him fighting for the title after that

How in the name of Christ did Meek get that fight in the first place?

I'm all for giving a guy a step up if they look like they can really push on (e.g. I loved Till vs Cowboy) but this is ridiculous matchmaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Paully D wrote: »

I'm all for giving a guy a step up if they look like they can really push on (e.g. I loved Till vs Cowboy) but this is ridiculous matchmaking.

Nobody who was ranked would fight Usman and he needed to make money so he told them he didn't care who he fought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Paully D wrote: »

He was the only one willing to step up. Practically everyone else in the top 10 was booked, also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Apparently colby convington got assaulted by fabricio werdum during media for ufc sydney. Covington is down under as a guest fighter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

ricero wrote: »
    Apparently colby convington got assaulted by fabricio werdum during media for ufc sydney. Covington is down under as a guest fighter

Waiting for the outrage from the fans, if McGregor done it we wouldnt hear the end of it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Colby ****ting himself, acting they way magana did after cyborg hit her. Well deserved. I doubt werdum pumched him in the face, seen the boomerang video though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I hope Covington can't sleep because whenever he closes his eyes all he sees is that stupid ****ing Werdum face. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Gamebred wrote: »

Waiting for the outrage from the fans, if McGregor done it we wouldnt hear the end of it....
    I know you're not that simple and are just **** stirring but I'm absolutely shocked that an Incident overnight in Sydney not involving biggest star in the sport who happens to be Irish, has not been as widely discussed on an Irish forum as an incident involving the biggest star in the sport, who happens to be Irish, that occurred in Dublin at prime time on a Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The Nal wrote: »
    Hit him with a boomerang!

That's definitely gotta come back to haunt Werdum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

MrStuffins wrote: »
    That's definitely gotta come back to haunt Werdum!

I see what you did there!

No you're right, I reckon Fabricio Werdum's latest antics will be of huge interest to the general Irish public

Covington is a proper dickhead but in fairness to him hes getting people interested in him taking a beating some day in the octagon

No you're right, I reckon Fabricio Werdum's latest antics will be of huge interest to the general Irish public

Not one non mma fan has mentioned McGregors antics last weekend to me, complete hyperbole.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Not one non mma fan has mentioned McGregors antics last weekend to me, complete hyperbole.

Get out more

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Get out more

From Colleges to gyms and pubs all week not a sinner commented on it, mma fanboys losing their mind over a bit of a scuffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"Conor McGregor Represents All That's Wrong About Society"

https://www.balls.ie/mma/david-davin-power-conor-mcgregor-cutting-edge-377801

Covington has allegedly pressed charges against werdum

• Registered Users Posts: 29,606 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Get em Colby!

It was the main topic of conversation on the much watched Brendan O Connor show last night, it was on all the topical radio programmes, and my feckin grandad asked me about it. I think it's reached quite far.

• Advertisement

, and my feckin grandad asked me about it. I think it's reached quite far.

Absolutely did not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

What a little b*tch. I don’t particularly like Werdum at all, intensely dislike him in fact; that said Covington was talking sh*t to his face, calling all Brazilian people dogs and that they are a dirty people.Take your boomerang and be thankful it wasn’t a slap. Starting handbags and then ratting on someone kills the whole heel look

Absolutely did not happen.

Yes it did. It was on the examiner and he reads it religiously. A bizarre attack from you there.

A bizarre attack from you there.

This right here sums you snowflakes up, you deem a post on an internet forum an ''attack'' no wonder you think McGregor tipping off goddard is a big deal pmsl.

This right here sums you snowflakes up, you deem a post on an internet forum an ''attack'' no wonder you think McGregor tipping off goddard is a big deal pmsl.

You're a strange guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭cletus

Nice side step.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Complete and utter bollocks. A lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Complete and utter bollocks. A lie.

I agree.

I train BJJ, Boxing, Kick Boxing and Wrestling. I spar with MMA heads. Even people who don't know this about me were asking about my view on Conor acting the ****. People who have no idea what MMA is were asking about it.

I agree.

I train BJJ, Boxing, Kick Boxing and Wrestling. I spar with MMA heads. Even people who don't know this about me were asking about my view on Conor acting the ****. People who have no idea what MMA is were asking about it.

Yeah right so people randomly struck up conversation this week by saying ''what about McGregor pushing Goddard''? Get the boat.

• Advertisement

Yeah right so people randomly struck up conversation this week by saying ''what about McGregor pushing Goddard''? Get the boat.

No. The most common query i got was "jaysus I heard mcgregor was acting the eejit, what happened?"

Why are you in denial about this? He's arguably the most famous guy in the country and it was a very newsworthy story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement