Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Gamebred wrote: »
    Yeah right so people randomly struck up conversation this week by saying ''what about McGregor pushing Goddard''? Get the boat.

https://twitter.com/colinbrennanews/status/929246837575442432

It's truly bizarre that you're doubting people might have opened a conversation about Conor's antics when it was literally front page news this week and covered wall-to-wall.

I'd be more surprised to hear someone saying they didn't hear what happened because it was inescapable in print, online, on tv and on radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Don't live in Ireland and it was brought up to me by people in conversation (MMA fans and non MMA fans).

For the non fans it was more along the lines of what did he do, I saw a quick clip on TV/Internet (as it was played on the sky sports news equivalent in Canada and the US).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gamebred wrote: »
    Yeah right so people randomly struck up conversation this week by saying ''what about McGregor pushing Goddard''? Get the boat.

"Jaysis did ya see yer man acting the bollocks, he needs a good hiding so he does" was closer to the average mention to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

With all this McGregor stuff in the media. Might be a good idea to start a McGregor thread

Also, UFC Fight Night 121 is less than 2 days away. Pauly D where you at?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cyborg vs holm confirmed for ufc 219

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ricero wrote: »

Oooh nice

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Main event apparently

Conor's antics prob got them both paid

Time to strip Conor and have Ferguson vs Khabib early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ricero wrote: »

How class would it be if Holly won. Would be awful to see her get wrecked though which will most likely be the case.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Time to strip Conor and have Ferguson vs Khabib early next year.

Khabib has a fight late this year, he needs to prove he can fight first, he hasn't fought since Conor so isn't anymore deserving.

He has to get through Barboza first too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Mellor wrote: »
    With all this McGregor stuff in the media. Might be a good idea to start a McGregor thread

Or maybe a Gamebred denial thread...

Khabib has to make 155 first before he gets near a title fight.
    Barboza could well spark him out

Lukker- wrote: »
    Khabib has a fight late this year, he needs to prove he can fight first, he hasn't fought since Conor so isn't anymore deserving.

He has to get through Barboza first too.

Oh didn't know that. Hes on 219. Low on the card too.

Yeah he needs to make weight alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The Nal wrote: »
    Oh didn't know that. Hes on 219. Low on the card too.

Yeah he needs to make weight alright.

He is in the 170's at the moment, apparently. Usually around 188lbs this far our from the fight.

He is in the 170's at the moment, apparently. Usually around 188lbs this far our from the fight.

Fingers crossed his kidneys appreciate it. I'm a big fan of his. Would love to see him vs McGregor in Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,150 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Ariel was saying that Khabib's camp are saying he's currently 170lbs. This far out from the fight he's normally 180+

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Ariel was saying that Khabib's camp are saying he's currently 170lbs. This far out from the fight he's normally 180+

In the 170s not 170.
    He's probably 179lbs, a few tiramisu shy of the 180s

If he can't make weight this time he should just move to WW and stop wasting people's time.

Being 188 a month out as he usually is, is just unprofessional. Glad he's under 180 now but I wonder did he just weigh himself in the morning or after a hard session to say he's in the 170's. Guess we'll find out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

He's missed weight twice in 26 fights. With this apparent new proper nutrition plan and regimented weight cut he could make it easily.

• Advertisement

He's missed weight twice in 26 fights. With this apparent new proper nutrition plan and regimented weight cut he could make it easily.

"could"

Always amazed how they can cut wright like that. He has to cut maybe a stone and a half from this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbfr8VGldco/

Pulled out to injury a good few times as well, in my mind fighters often use injury as an excuse when they can't make weight.

It also gets harder to cut weight and Khabib is older now, he's probably not able to cut weight like he used to. If you are getting kidney problems from a weight cut something was badly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aarondoc

Anyone know where I could get a display case for a signed glove in Ireland anywhere? Tried looking online but postage is crazy expensive alone

aarondoc wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get a display case for a signed glove in Ireland anywhere? Tried looking online but postage is crazy expensive alone

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=display+cases+ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    If true, I hope Rose wrecks her again.

Deserved though tbf and she didn't even blackout the media after :P

Sounds as shes not rushing back so might not be next, I assumed she'd go to 125 and get first shot at winner there but staying at 115 in the hope of getting strap back could be the route to make most money.

Also theMaclife? :D

Also theMaclife? :D

As the kids say "if you ain't Mackin', you ain't stacking'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    As the kids say "if you ain't Mackin', you ain't stacking'

So kids are pimping these days 2017 eh :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I still believe in Joanna to be honeat. I say she destroys rose next time. I think she bought too much into her own hype. That's gone now. I think we see a very focused Joanna next time..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement