Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Are you mad he spent his whole time as champion running from him, he would t have his last fight against him.

Bisping is a gangster he'd fight romero tomorrow probably given the chance, he played the right game as champ got a GSP fight cant knock it.

Anyone fancy Bisping here to beat Gastelum? Bisping is the underdog, which surprised me. He has big height and weight advantage on Gastelum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone fancy Bisping here to beat Gastelum? Bisping is the underdog, which surprised me. He has big height and weight advantage on Gastelum.

Wouldn't surprise me either way. Bisping is bigger and is tough but gets dropped all the time and, well, three weeks is only three weeks. Gastelum has the power to put big middleweights on their arse as he showed against Weidman. Didn't see weigh ins - what kind of belly is Gastelum carrying into this one? Bisping's cardio could see him home.

Wouldn't surprise me either way. Bisping is bigger and is tough but gets dropped all the time and, well, three weeks is only three weeks. Gastelum has the power to put big middleweights on their arse as he showed against Weidman. Didn't see weigh ins - what kind of belly is Gastelum carrying into this one? Bisping's cardio could see him home.

Yeah I think bisping by decision at 11/2 is very good value. I didn't see the weigh ins either.... I'll go on youtube in a few mins and see what they looked like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Kelvin by early KO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Bisping is one my fav fighters but I just think Gastelum can get the better of him everywhere here and he's going to be able to keep going with Bisping all night so he's unlikely to wear him out. I think it'll be an early finish unfortunately!

Bisping is one my fav fighters but I just think Gastelum can get the better of him everywhere here and he's going to be able to keep going with Bisping all night so he's unlikely to wear him out. I think it'll be an early finish unfortunately!

Looks like the Chinese wrestling has solid takedowns!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

lads.

Can i sign up for the 7 day free trial of fightpass, buy ufc 218 and the cancel next week. I'll be over in the states this weekend and would like to be able to watch the event. I'm probably not going to go to a bar for it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

dashoonage wrote: »
    lads.

Can i sign up for the 7 day free trial of fightpass, buy ufc 218 and the cancel next week. I'll be over in the states this weekend and would like to be able to watch the event. I'm probably not going to go to a bar for it to be honest.

You can cancel it whenever you like, you can also just buy the PPV online I think https://www.ufc.tv/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

lads.

I'm not sure but in the States is it just the fight pass prelims you get on Fight pass and then the rest are on FS1? Get the free trial surely but there may only be four fights on it before you need to find a tv with fox sports.

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    I'm not sure but in the States is it just the fight pass prelims you get on Fight pass and then the rest are on FS1? Get the free trial surely but there may only be four fights on it before you need to find a tv with fox sports.

This is true but i intend to buy the PPV, i thought i needed fightpass to do this but i dont apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

This is true but i intend to buy the PPV, i thought i needed fightpass to do this but i dont apparently!

You don't need it no. You can buy the PPV online or on a device like xbox, tablet etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

You cant buy the ppv without a vpn in ireland anymore due to eir having the rights.

ASOT wrote: »
    You cant buy the ppv without a vpn in ireland anymore due to eir having the rights.

ill be in the states at the time. I've BT sports here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

ill be in the states at the time. I've BT sports here.

Sortes so pal

I could wait until i come home but i just dont want to miss the violence....P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Can you still buy them through YouTube?

Can you still buy them through YouTube?

nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

What do ye think will happen at 145 if Aldo wins? They'll hardly give Edgar another shot? The winner of Swanson v Ortega or a rubber match with Holloway?

Same with Overeem, does he get a rematch with Miocic if he wins? He'll be on a good streak (Hunt, Werdum Ngannou) but it feels very recent Miocic finishing him. I'd take it for granted Ngannou gets it if he wins.

If Gaetjhe finishes Alvarez he'd have a good claim to a title shot but it'll be in a queue behind Ferguson and the winner of Khabib v Barboza. Given the situation, the winner of this will probably have to fight Poirier either way.

Pettis v Cejudo is as good as a title eliminator too, DJ has apparently said he wants another 125 defense before fighting Dillashaw.

Great card, should be some fantastic fights, hope jimmi can get his picks right and regain top spot in the Pickem league worldwide!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Django99 wrote: »
    What do ye think will happen at 145 if Aldo wins? They'll hardly give Edgar another shot? The winner of Swanson v Ortega or a rubber match with Holloway?

Same with Overeem, does he get a rematch with Miocic if he wins? He'll be on a good streak (Hunt, Werdum Ngannou) but it feels very recent Miocic finishing him. I'd take it for granted Ngannou gets it if he wins.

If Gaetjhe finishes Alvarez he'd have a good claim to a title shot but it'll be in a queue behind Ferguson and the winner of Khabib v Barboza. Given the situation, the winner of this will probably have to fight Poirier either way.

Pettis v Cejudo is as good as a title eliminator too, DJ has apparently said he wants another 125 defense before fighting Dillashaw.

Great card, should be some fantastic fights, hope jimmi can get his picks right and regain top spot in the Pickem league worldwide!

As a massive massive aldo fan i dont want to see him win the belt back it's max's time...the division would do well with a young active champ.

Khabib vs Barboza confirmed as the co main of 218 , will be announced for the interim interim of interim soon

• Registered Users Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Khabib vs Barboza confirmed as the co main of 218 , will be announced for the interim interim of interim soon
    Wasn't that confirmed about a month ago?

Edit: The match up, notbthe interim interim

Mellor wrote: »

Nope. Sure they were trying to get Tony to take a Khabib fight last week.

anyway tony hasnt defended in 8 weeks...inactive champ...time to strip him and make this one for the belt.

Nope. Sure they were trying to get Tony to take a Khabib fight last week.
    http://mmajunkie.com/2017/10/edson-barboza-khabib-nurmagomedov-set-ufc-219-las-vegas

That's from October.
    Khabib was just talking ****e about Tony last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »

Edit: The match up, notbthe interim interim

It wasn't announced as co-main.

It wasn't announced as co-main.
    I was talking about the match up itself.
    Whether it's 3rd or 4th fight on the main card makes little difference overall.

I'll be backing the unders 1.5 rds here.

• Advertisement

Yes...but my post clearly said "announced as co-main" my point was its co-main as in there is no second title fight.

****ing hell this place is hard work at times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement