Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

My fav custard mix atm is a forest fruit custard, not to everyone's taste, but I can't mix enough of the stuff!

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/631911/Wild+Wood+Custard

Another that I will mix again when I run out is a butterscotch cookie number:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/672934/Butterscotch+cookie+custard

I found that the fruity one doesn't require near as much of a steep to become nice and creamy, where the butterscotch one needs a couple of weeks to really shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I got a new flavour supplier for you guys. They carry a wide range and seem to have most of it in stock and good prices.

https://www.thechosenfew.eu/index.php

FlavourArt 10mls for €3.05
    Flavour Apprentice 10mls for €1.85

and many others including Inawera (get that cactus!)

Took around a week to get my order.

Nice, will take a look. Hard to beat E-dym for FA though @€;2.64 a pop, will see how postage in on there

And YES!! Cactus is a must have :)

Yeah tired of hearing all the talk on the cactus and had to scratch that itch - not done a mix yet but it does smell nice in the bottle a lot like juicey fruit sweets making my mouth water!

The problem with E-dym is there forever out of stock. The UK sites are bad too and this place seemed to have it all and mostly in stock.

Yup, they'll get my custom if they're better stocked for sure. Had a quick look and they do have some that I want atm.

Cactus is great, but be wary, it's a bit of a bully! I just used it today, in a straight up berry mixture, wanted something fresh to go, none of that steeping BS :D Cactus helps fruits burst with juiciness, and it adds a lovely cactus pear taste of it's own. I've used in a fair few mixes to date. It's definitely a good one to have in your DIY arsenal.

• Advertisement

Just did a tester there, the same 4 FA concentrates, works out much the same with p&p - E-dym coming out 5c better :D SO it's a case of who's got the goods for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭247music

My fav custard mix atm is a forest fruit custard, not to everyone's taste, but I can't mix enough of the stuff!

Nice, looks good.. what about capella smooth tobacco? Ever mixed anything with that one?

247music wrote: »
    Nice, looks good.. what about capella smooth tobacco? Ever mixed anything with that one?

Nah, I haven't vaped anything tobacco in years. I hear RY4 double by TFA mentioned here and there by tobacco lovers though. I think it's tobacco with a caramel accent. Maybe Cap's smooth tobacco would go well with caramel too? I imagine something like Almond might go nicely along with too

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭247music

Nah, I haven't vaped anything tobacco in years. I hear RY4 double by TFA mentioned here and there by tobacco lovers though. I think it's tobacco with a caramel accent. Maybe Cap's smooth tobacco would go well with caramel too? I imagine something like Almond might go nicely along with too

Cool.. ill have a root around and see what the recommended % are..

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CofMixture

Yeah fair enough, found a 3 month old banana custard with Cap vanilla custard in it and it's fairly tasty alright.

• Advertisement

Got a couple of new flavors in [for me] - FA Almond and pear. I was eager to try the pear, but it's very weak, unusual for FA. I mixed up some Almond/Pear cookie the other day, and testing it now, the pear is already almost lost in there. May as well just be an almond cookie, which is nice ... if that's what you're aiming for.

Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA) 0.5%
    Almond (FA) 3%
    Biscuit (INAWERA) 1%
    Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 1%
    Meringue (FA) 1%
    Pear (FA) 4%
    Sugar Cookie v2 (CAP) 3%
    Vienna Cream (FA) 1.5%

I know if this had been mixed with INW Pear, i'd definitely taste it, even at 2-3%, is FA pear just weak in general? anyone have experience with it?

Any ideas on what might be strangling it? There is a very, very light presence of the pear, more as a sweetness than actual pear flavour.

35% off TFA concentrates on DarkStar atm, code: DS35TFA

Good time to get some big bottles, a 90ml is only £8.50, under £6 when the code is used

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

That's incredible value.

Yeah very hard beat it. I grabbed 90ml of Greek yogurt, since I seem to use it a lot, and some 30ml of other ones I use regular. The code doesn't cover VG or nic of course, but their prices are still better than anywhere over here. I ordered €36 worth, and a rough estimate tells me I'd pay about €90 here for same. Shocking really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Yeah very hard beat it. I grabbed 90ml of Greek yogurt, since I seem to use it a lot, and some 30ml of other ones I use regular. The code doesn't cover VG or nic of course, but their prices are still better than anywhere over here. I ordered €36 worth, and a rough estimate tells me I'd pay about €90 here for same. Shocking really.

So are you considering one last big hurrah with e-dym ?

I've 26 concentrates in my basket at the moment! Might grab a couple more batteries and a decent 100+ watt mod.

Id a good look on that Bulgarian site posted above and its a bit dearer than
    e-dym although they have a superb selection including some new FA stuff that i haven't seen before. (delivery is also €6 euro).

e-dym haven't even mentioned anything about restrictions yet. I have seen reps from Inawera on the ELR forums though, saying they will be fine and business as usual for concentrates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Whats the bulgarian site? Can't find a link.

Whats the bulgarian site? Can't find a link.

That's because it's for the chosen few ... :D

https://www.thechosenfew.eu/index.php

About to make an order with Darkstar for their freezer pack of 72mg nic.

Whats their VG like ? I've only ever used vapebase's vg as long as im mixing. I presume there's no real difference in taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Trond wrote: »
    About to make an order with Darkstar for their freezer pack of 72mg nic.

Whats their VG like ? I've only ever used vapebase's vg as long as im mixing. I presume there's no real difference in taste?

I find it great, nothing wrong with it at all. No difference to others I used!

• Advertisement

Their VG is fine, comes in nice big clear bottles. Cheap as anywhere too.

The freezer packs are a nice idea, but tbh, I think nic is just as well preserved in a cool dark cupboard. You're paying a bit more for the bottles.

Their VG is fine, comes in nice big clear bottles. Cheap as anywhere too.

The freezer packs are a nice idea, but tbh, I think nic is just as well preserved in a cool dark cupboard. You're paying a bit more for the bottles.

I was thinking that myself but given the nic they sell is 72mg and I use anywhere between 0-3mg one little bottle will last me ages! Plus theres less to spill :D

Just read about Finland's interpretation of the new EU laws on vaping :eek: utterly retarded approach to "regulation".

Ive still to submit my big e-dym order. Do you know off hand have they ever stocked inawera's Shisha vanilla and strawberry concentrates?

No, only ever got the odd INW flavoring from them when they happened to have them in stock. They're great for FA concentrates though.

For INW, go with http://e-aromashop.com/

I just made an order the other day. 7 INW flavorings and a pack of 50ml bottles, €21 inc postage.

E-dym have updated their Flavor Art stock. There's a good few new ones there.

Bar the inawera shisha strawberry and vanilla i dont think there's any flavours left out there that I need!!!

E-dym have updated their Flavor Art stock. There's a good few new ones there.

Bar the inawera shisha strawberry and vanilla i dont think there's any flavours left out there that I need!!!

Have you tried INW grapes, cactus, blackcurrant and biscuit? those are some of their best IMO

Will have a peek on e-dym now. They are great for FA, real good pricing.

What's the INW biscuit like compared to FA version?

I use FA's a lot as the biscuit note even in very small amounts can be nice note in a mix.

Have you tried INW grapes, cactus, blackcurrant and biscuit? those are some of their best IMO

Will have a peek on e-dym now. They are great for FA, real good pricing.

Bought these 2 and Lemon cake. Literally only bought Blackberry Blackcurrant and Bilberry from FA so I think im good for the moment!

Mixed up some "Grants Custard My Way" and added 2% FA Forest Mix. Smells incredible. Not sure its going to survive any longer in my steep drawer!

Also how fooking strong smelling is AP? :eek: one single droplet spilled on me and I had wash out the whole drawer.

8mm wrote: »
    What's the INW biscuit like compared to FA version?

I use FA's a lot as the biscuit note even in very small amounts can be nice note in a mix.

FA cookie? They're very similar, I like both. I think INW biscuit is a tad stronger, and a little 'dryer' if that makes sense? More like what we know as a biscuit, like a digestive - whereas Cookie seems more like a moist, US cookie? You certainly don't need both, either or I think, but if you were doing a full on cookie mix, there's room for both.
    Bought these 2 and Lemon cake. Literally only bought Blackberry Blackcurrant and Bilberry from FA so I think im good for the moment!

Mixed up some "Grants Custard My Way" and added 2% FA Forest Mix. Smells incredible. Not sure its going to survive any longer in my steep drawer!

Also how fooking strong smelling is AP? :eek: one single droplet spilled on me and I had wash out the whole drawer.

Forest mix is great stuff. One of my own personal fav mixes uses it, it's a fruity custard I call Wild Wood. Such a pleasant ADV, really smooth.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/631911/Wild+Wood+Custard

I have a V2 also that switches out a few flavors, but the original is very nice. And for a custard, it really only needs a week steep, which is a plus

AP is pretty strong stuff aye, I never use it above 0.5% to add nuttiness to a mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭pob1

Hi , just got the DIY kit from picknmix diy today .
    Made up a batch of unicorn milk and vanilla vanilla 6mg 60/40 vg/pg .

Does anyone know what the steep time on these would be ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

pob1 wrote: »
    Hi , just got the DIY kit from picknmix diy today .
    Made up a batch of unicorn milk and vanilla vanilla 6mg 60/40 vg/pg .

Does anyone know what the steep time on these would be ?

From my experience, they creamier mixes could take anywhere from a couple weeks to really come out.

The vanilla vanilla took a good 2 weeks to settle down but was tasty :)

Advertisement