Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Haven't had much luck with hazelnut, I got Cap's, maybe it's just not a great one?

I have mixed a nice Nutty number though, that I call 'Nut Job' - It's almond, nut mix and a touch of AP with double choc and custard, pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

I just got an ungodly amount of stuff from a lovely guy off these forums. Literally so much stuff I have no idea where to even begin mixing.... Just wow

Nice one, and fair play to him. If it's too much for you feel free to send ome over this way :D

I'll have to do a giveaway when I manage to get this stuff organised. I can understand now why he had a room dedicated just to mixing.

I finally got around to making some mustard milk at least. Spent all night figured out what was here. Any tips on organisation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

If you have the space something like this is ideal.

Vg9giyz.jpg

Otherwise a large fold out tool box does the job ok. Check out the likes of B&Q in the Art Supplies section is another option.

• Advertisement

I'm using old wine glass boxes for my concentrates. All my DIY coil build stuff goes in simple Tupperware boxes, nic and VG are just in their bottles, in plastic zipper bags. I'm lucky in that my missus doesn't mind me taking over 2 presses for steeping and holding all my DIY stuff, I only take out what I need when I go to mix. Since getting a scales it' so much tidier.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭247music

I only take out what I need when I go to mix. Since getting a scales it' so much tidier.

Scales has been on my buy list for a while now.. what type did you go for?

I haven't used my scales since I got it, thought it'd be so handy. I really don't mind using syringes at all, especially if you have different sizes.

I find a milligram scales is way overkill, and generally will only have a max weight of 50g. 0.01g is ideal really. I got a cheap one off sordan.ie but I mean it's seriously basic

Just mixed up fizzmustard's Bombies Nana Cream clone there. Finally got my first Lorann concentrate!

Experiment is great but I've never mixed anything with banana that was in any way vapable. Sometimes going with popular mixes is a no brainer if you want something new that's pretty much guaranteed to be half way decent

247music wrote: »
    Scales has been on my buy list for a while now.. what type did you go for?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/All-Five-Stars-0-01g-Weighting/dp/B00WG8RWKK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1471910205&sr=8-8&keywords=pocket+scales+300g

I think it's that one there, cheap as chips, been a Godsend tbh. It's waaaay easier and tidier mix using scales, I rarely have to use a syringe these days. Doesn't have to be expensive, nor complicated. I'm much happier mixing since getting it. On E-LR they have the mg right there for you, just tare off each input as you go, could not be simpler.

chipfox wrote: »
    Experiment is great but I've never mixed anything with banana that was in any way vapable. Sometimes going with popular mixes is a no brainer if you want something new that's pretty much guaranteed to be half way decent

I've been disappointed with every mix I have done that was top 10 on E-LR. I figured out most of them were highly rated way back when the site was created and there was just a wee bunch of them on there all back-slapping one another. I prefer to do my own thing mostly, very rarely mix other people's recipes. Not being uppity, but any of the ones I have tried that were highly rated, I had something better than it. Rhodonite for example, I mixed up about a month back, and it's dull as dishwater :/

As for the gazillion 'mother's' milk clones ... pass ...

chipfox wrote:
    Just mixed up fizzmustard's Bombies Nana Cream clone there. Finally got my first Lorann concentrate!

Thats not a bad attempt at nana cream, its not 100% accurate but its still good. I normally add a bit more dragonfruit than is on the receipe.

I think it's that one there, cheap as chips, been a Godsend tbh.

Thanks ill have a look at that one.. last cheap one i bought wouldn't start reading until there was 1-2mg of weight put on it so there's cheap and then there's too cheap..

• Advertisement

I am planning to get a better one, cheap is what i wanted just to try it out, but it's been working just fine. It's accurate, but the screen does dimrandomly, comes back to life soon as you add drops. Can be annoying at times, and it does have an auto shut off. To get one without you're talking €40+ maybe, but I'll invest in that at some point. I still have dozens of syringes, but only use them for bottles without dripper tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Nice setup Trond - where did you get those cases? Got a Victorian pharmacy feel to them - I likey!

8mm wrote: »
    Nice setup Trond - where did you get those cases? Got a Victorian pharmacy feel to them - I likey!

Not mine unfortunately. Im keeping my eyes open for something similar...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I got a load of 10ml bottles of liquid given to me & they are all 3mg,I always use 6mg,my question is,I have a bottle of Nic 72mg,how many drops of Nic should I add to the 10ml to raise it to 6mg,approx will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

You are gonna want to add 0.42 ml of 72mg nic

drops are problamatic - I wouldn't trust these but anyway
    - if the nic is 100% PG - approx 18 drops
    - if the nic is 100% VG - approx 13 drops

I got a load of 10ml bottles of liquid given to me & they are all 3mg,I always use 6mg,my question is,I have a bottle of Nic 72mg,how many drops of Nic should I add to the 10ml to raise it to 6mg,approx will do.

Approx 0.4ml.. but wait for someone to second that.

Assuming 50/50 mix in the 10ml bottles and 50/50 nic base.

mossymac! wrote: »
    You are gonna want to add 0.42 ml of 72mg nic

drops are problamatic - I wouldn't trust these but anyway
    - if the nic is 100% PG - approx 18 drops
    - if the nic is 100% VG - approx 13 drops

Thanks for that,the 10ml liquid is 70vg/30pg & my Nic is 100% PG,so 18 drops to the 10ml bottle will do me nicely,I don't mind if it goes up to 9mg,most juices I use are 80/20 6mg but I find there is not enough TH with some juices.

Assuming 50/50 mix in the 10ml bottles and 50/50 nic base.

Thanks 247,the liquid is 70/30 & the Nic is 100% PG,you & Mossy's calculations are quite close,so that will do me....

Thanks 247,the liquid is 70/30 & the Nic is 100% PG,you & Mossy's calculations are quite close,so that will do me....

Sorted so :)

• Advertisement

Dafuq? page 2??

No, no NO!

Why you no mixing? :D

Also, has E-Dym been pulled? or is it just offline the one day i want to order from it?

Dafuq? page 2??

Eh?

Also, has E-Dym been pulled? or is it just offline the one day i want to order from it?

Looks like e-dym has been taken over by Arborous Industry Corp. Limited based in Hong Kong.. from now on all they will sell is hangsen and the usual toilet water from that side of the lake..

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

The vapocalypse approaches...

Ah well - at least they got a few bob for the sign on the front door.

Eh?

This thread, should never be page 2!

Well, if they're taken over by the Chinese, may as well use FT or GB? Bah. It was a decent little site while it lasted.

This thread, should never be page 2!

Well, if they're taken over by the Chinese, may as well use FT or GB? Bah. It was a decent little site while it lasted.

Just looked at my emails there. 5 orders from them in total. Saved me a shed load on concentrates. Hard wear not so much but for the convenience and rock solid tracking its was a really good site.

Have you complied your vapeageddon list? ive still to buy nicotine. Otherwise im fine.

Read we can expect some serious bargains in October.

No, but I did find 100ml of 72mg nic in the back of the press I completely forgot about :D

I ordered all kinds from e-dym, mostly concentrates but I have bought mods, tanks, wire, VG/PG and other extras from them. They were nowhere near as varied as say, FT, but they were often just as cheap for hardware and delivered a hell of a lot quicker.

Ive enough hardware to survive another irish recession.. no liquid stocks as such though... Doh! Wouldn't know where to start.. I suppose nic base will be the only really hard stuff to come buy in reasonable quantity..

Yeah looks like e-dym has indeed sold out - https://e-dym.pl/gb/

Google translation:

PLATFORM E-DYM.PL BEEN OFF TECHNICAL REASONS FOR THE PERIOD 24-48 HOURS. Please be advised that as of 9/7/2016 platform E-DYM.PL became the property of Arborous Industry Corp. Limited based in Hong Kong, (unit 2107, Lippo Centre Tower 2, 89 Queensway, Admiralty). From the date of the re-launch platform, there will be new rules of the platform. Within the platform, unlike previously, will operate larger number of entities that will offer products to users. The availability of certain products may be limited to certain entities or shipping methods. The status of orders placed until 09.07.2016 can be confirmed only directly from the supplier E-Dym.pl sp. O.o. sp. k. by phone: 515 262 119, 508 011 636 or via e-mail at: biuro@e-dym.pl, technical questions, please phone 503 049 188 (technical assistance). Arborous Industry Corp. Limited does not have any information on the status of an order placed before 09/07/2016. Arborous Industry Corp. Limited puts a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction, therefore, specifically for the platform users E-DYM.PL, in agreement with the companies, we have prepared for all registered users a lot of interesting discounts. Please be advised that Arborous Industry Corp. Limited vendor will not be offered with the product platform. Meet any benefits (warranty, guarantee) should be requested directly from the company that supplied the goods. All users will be informed about the details of the changes electronic message. Shipping news starts after starting the platform.

So ... it's going to be some form of GB or FT ... much longer deliveries, and probably won't do concentrates. Such a shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

yup, they are only buying the domain & the customer base. For all intents E-dym has ceased to operate.

Wonder if this is gonna be a shipping staging area - GB having been doing this lately - had a package from them last week with an An Post tracking number, package was sent, then disappeared from a week or two before magically appearing in this country with one of those yellow stickers showing that it had originated outside the EU

Advertisement