Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Really depends, some juices are fine after 3 days, others need at least a week, others need at least a fortnight. Test them on the go, every few days. That's where dripping attys are great. No need to fill a tank to see how the juice is developing. I would say give them a try after a week, if you have the patience. Stick them back into the press each time you swipe some, and they'll continue to improve anyway

Ever place an order and completely forget about it?

Apparently I ordered this lot last week, arrived today and I was baffled :D I vaguely remember adding stuff to the basket on e-aroma, but don't remember checking out. Nice surprise anyway :)

That Cherimoya smells wonderful! I'm thinking a Cherimoya/Rhubarb custard.

UNRiI2m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Let's know how the rhubarb works out.

Rhubarb vanilla yoghurt is magic stuff, the edible version anyhow - would be tempted to make a vape version if the rhubarb is good.

8mm wrote: »
    Let's know how the rhubarb works out.

Rhubarb vanilla yoghurt is magic stuff, the edible version anyhow - would be tempted to make a vape version if the rhubarb is good.

Mixed up that Cherimyo and rhubarb custard, had a quick drip tester - that rhubarb at only 1.5% is strong. It's tasting good though, very authentic rhubarb, and that cherimoyo comes through on the exhale. It's like a light toffee apple that one.

Greek yoghurts are my thing, I will definitely dabble with a rhubarb one, maybe with Fuji apple in the mix.

Initial impressions, I'd say the rhubarb is a 0.5 - 1.5% max in a mix, or it'll over power. Will have to keep tabs on it over the next while, see if it fades much.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

For Sale:

Rhubarb - the actual stuff - it seems there's a blast of it growing out the back garden - can't stand the stuff :D

• Advertisement

I love the stuff, grew up on it. We'd eat it raw from the earth even :D My Granddad used to have drills of all kinds of fruit and veg in his garden. My Dad was a baker, so we had some of the best pies on weekends. Can't beat a rhubarb and custard crumble, scrubblyumtious!

Similar situ - Grandfather always had half a field of spuds, father had rhubarb, apples, strawberries, lettuce, herbs, tomatoes in the glasshouses, for the life of me I can't remember what grew in the huge heated tunnel.
    I wouldn't go near the rhubarb or the tomatoes.
    Think I just went out of my way to be an awkward sod :D

A visit to my Granddad's house would always see you come away with bags of stuff. Apples, rhubarb, turnip, beetroot, scallions, tomatoes etc ... he had a similar set up. Long garden, seemed to go on forever, full of all kinds of veg. He had a little greenhouse for the tomatoes too, and apple trees. really miss that garden, would love to have something like it today. It was parsnip and cabbage I wasn't fond to see going in there ... all those Sundays trying to swallow off yer veg to get that pie! :D

Christ, two old timers waxing nostalgic :D Quick, say something cool :D

Now you reminded me I haven't eaten since lunch - better go cook something :)

Well, we could say, we have good flavour backgrounds :D

I couldn't sow a spud tbh, can cook pretty good but actual gardening .... erm

• Advertisement

I'm a fantastic gardener - assuming that what you want is weeds :D

Wouldn't mind but from my grandfather, father, working in a rose nursery & working in a garden centre I appear to have accumulated the sum total of feck all gardening ability. If I ever end up with a green thumb it'll be because I spilt some concentrate on it :D

Actually right now my thumb is a bit red - T-Juice's Red Astaire does not shift easily :D

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Well, we could say, we have good flavour backgrounds :D

I couldn't sow a spud tbh, can cook pretty good but actual gardening .... erm

Sago, Tapioca, or Semolina with fresh berries anyone ??? ;p

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Sago, Tapioca, or Semolina with fresh berries anyone ??? ;p

We were poor, we just had jam in ours :D preferred creamed rice

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

We were poor, we just had jam in ours :D preferred creamed rice

The berries were the only way we'd eat it ! And as for home made raspberry jam - now there's a flavour I'd love to get my hands on

We used to pick blackberries in the fields behind our estate, and my Dad would make blackberry jam, it was great stuff. Sadly all those old fields are now new housing estates. Haven't had a good home made jam in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Any Pick'n'Mix codes active at the moment?

I want to order a couple of bits to mix up before I head off on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

j26m wrote: »
    Any Pick'n'Mix codes active at the moment?

I want to order a couple of bits to mix up before I head off on holidays.

Pick 10
    Usually works

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Have just started looking into DYI juice making myself. Just wondering if people save much going this route?

I currently get my juice on bargain vapour for ~€15 per 100ml so would I be likely to be able to do it myself cheaper?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Have just started looking into DYI juice making myself. Just wondering if people save much going this route?

I currently get my juice on bargain vapour for ~€15 per 100ml so would I be likely to be able to do it myself cheaper?

You'll have to invest a little at first, 50-€60 should see you set up to make a good amount. I can make 100ml for about €5, and it'll be as good as so-called premium juices. If you're happy with the juice you get now for €15 per 100ml, that's great, it's pretty good value so long as you're enjoying it. But I do it as a hobby too, I like to mix and match flavours, I enjoy the whole process. You need patience for it too, as a lot of your mixes will require steeping. This means mixing it up, and putting it away for anything up to 2 weeks. Starting out is tricky mainly for that reason, there's no real other reason not to at least give it a try.

I was spending up to €90 per week, for 2 of us vaping here. I spend about 20-30 per week now, and that's buying more than I actually need [concentrates mostly, top ups of nic and VG] I have 1.5ltrs of juice in my steep press and plan to make more later on, just because I can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Menthol and RY4 were the usual favourites from bargain vapour. You can buy hangsen concentrates online, a few in the UK.

I find it even more cost effective now that I'm making my own juice and it's great fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I used to get the menthol one alright but I started buying the cranberry a while ago and like that a lot.

Still, if it can be made at home at €5/100ml vs €15 buying it straight up I might have to give it a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

I used to get the menthol one alright but I started buying the cranberry a while ago and like that a lot.

Still, if it can be made at home at €5/100ml vs €15 buying it straight up I might have to give it a spin.

Never tried the cranberry myself!

Here's the site with the hangsen concentrates : http://www.cig-eliquid.co.uk/Hangsen_Cranberry_20ml/p649230_7744276.aspx

Get some VG/PG and 100ml of 72mg nic plus a few concentrates, see how you get on. That's pretty much what I did to start out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Mixed up a version of this

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/11224/

added FA Forest Mix @2.5% and upped the French Vanilla to 4%

Needs a proper steep ie 2-3 weeks but its fantastic. Highly recommended.

Trond wrote: »
    Mixed up a version of this

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/11224/

added FA Forest Mix @2.5% and upped the French Vanilla to 4%

Needs a proper steep ie 2-3 weeks but its fantastic. Highly recommended.

It might be nice, but that original recipe is nothing like Grant's, don't know why people use other popular juice names for their own. I guess people look and try them more? I mean, you did! :D

Sounds nice what you did with it. It'll be getting close to my own 'Wild Wood' - a very tasty fruit custard if I do say so myself :P

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/631911/Wild+Wood+Custard

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Any advice on getting out of a mix rut? When you make a few solid mixes you love it's really hard to find the motivation

chipfox wrote: »
    Any advice on getting out of a mix rut? When you make a few solid mixes you love it's really hard to find the motivation

Nothing wrong with mixing the same ones over and over if they are decent ADV. I throw mixes together every few days, an idea just pops into my head and I'll mix it up - those ones I always keep private, because they often don't turn out as I hoped. But I love trying new things. The other day I asked the kids to shout me out a fruit each, Pear and strawberry I got back, so I mixed up "Pearjamas" :D

Maybe try something like that, here, I'll throw some flavors at you and you can try something with them - pineapple, banana, raspberry ... go! :D

Come on - make it interesting....

Kumquat, Papaya, Rambutan, go!

:D:D

mossymac! wrote: »
    Come on - make it interesting....

Kumquat, Papaya, Rambutan, go!

:D:D

Originally I had put Cherimoya, as I'm experimenting with that myself, but then I thought I'd keep it to stuff he may actually have or buy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Finally got around to trying Creamy Hazelnut (FW). It's definitely a different sort of concentrate. Not enough by itself though. Tried with with some Dulce de Lecha (TFA), seems good so far. I think this hazelnut would go really well with VBIC. I think after a while if you just try a few new bits out, you'll have the experience to know what will go with what. I just got too damn lazy with this. Wonder will the peanut have the same sort of feel

The hazelnut is really smooth or something, hard to describe

Advertisement