Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 BDO World Championship thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

How did this Swedish lad get this far, 28 dart legs are good enough to beat him and he thinks it's funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

tanko wrote: »
    How did this Swedish lad get this far, 28 dart legs are good enough to beat him and he thinks it's funny.

I'd probably see better darts at my local tbh. It makes you wonder how poor the quality of the qualifying rounds were.

Just saw McGeeneys interview there. Is classed as an English player but was wearing an Irish tricolour badge on his shirt.
    Wasn't as noticeable during the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭mightyreds

That Swedish lad was in it either last year or the year before and won 1 or 2 games, that was just terrible from him today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

mightyreds wrote: »
    That Swedish lad was in it either last year or the year before and won 1 or 2 games, that was just terrible from him today

I reckon I'd have taken him myself! :)

He had said earlier in the competition that he had expectations this year but he really seemed to give up entirely, and I found him annoying more than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,750 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Greek lad pantelidis is fond of the triple five bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,750 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This de vos lad is handy enough.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    This de vos lad is handy enough.

I'd fancy him to go quite far. He averaged 113.86 in a match at the Grand Slam, nearly beating Taylor's record.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Doggy Dawson steamed seen him boozing at quarter past 6 during de vos match be interesting to see how he plays here !!should be a close one

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Decent match this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

Dawson v Walton and Harms v Asada were two enjoyable games, good to see the standard picking up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Glen Durrant cruised through this afternoon with a 95 average beating Larry Butler 4-0.

Wesley Harms also got through winning 4-3 against Jim Williams with an 85 average.

Hughes sure looks frustrated in the practice room. Understandably given how poorly he's played.

To be fair, it has been another poor match.

Yeah this match is a real slog, not great to watch.

I think Jeff Smith and Brian Dawson will be better quality.

Clinical finishing from Smith so far. A lovely player to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm getting real tired of these post match interviews where the winners are complaining about their performance and being really unhappy. Hughes was just ridiculous there. I get he knows he can do better, but he still bloody won four one. It's almost faux over professionalism.

They're not playing in the comfort of their own home with no pressure and hitting nine darters for fun. It's the world championships, not everything is going to be perfect.

Jeff Smith really is a very good player. I remember him from last year as well. Does he ever play in the BDO tournaments throughout the year in Europe that BT or Eurosport would show, or does he stick to North America? I can't really recall seeing him in any tournament apart from the World Championships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Jeff Smith looking impressive again this year, his doubles in particular were fantastic tonight, as good as you'll see anywhere. Really hope he knocks Harbour out in the next round.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Jeff Smith really is a very good player. I remember him from last year as well. Does he ever play in the BDO tournaments throughout the year in Europe that BT or Eurosport would show, or does he stick to North America? I can't really recall seeing him in any tournament apart from the World Championships.

He played in the BDO World Trophy on Eurosport last February and also reached the semi finals in that.

He's a very decent player who has previously held a PDC tour card. The problem for him I suppose is that he's based in Canada, I imagine it's not financially feasible for him to play on the tour regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Anyone know how many 180s in the last two matches tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Gotya wrote: »
    Anyone know how many 180s in the last two matches tonight?

You can find all match results here:
    http://www.bdodarts.com/
    Lakeside 2016, mens championship, mens results, select which day and which match and it has the stats there,
    For example Larry Butler Vs Glen durrant:
    http://www.bdodarts.com/images/bdo-content/events/2016/lakeside/dfw/day-5/LLarryButlerGlenDurrant39.pdf
    Jim Williams Vs Wesley Harms:
    http://www.bdodarts.com/images/bdo-content/events/2016/lakeside/dfw/day-5/LJimWilliamsWesleyHarms41.pdf

All are available for every match etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

BDO really love their PDF's don't they? One line articles with a PDF attached and that's about it most of the time.

It's a real pain if you are trying to view the site on a phone, very unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Jordan Boyce from Donegal runner-up in the youth final there. Scrappy enough fair but good throwing for a 16 year old.

Rod Studd and Wayne Mardle are there again I see.

Lisa Ashton is taking time to get going here.

Bigal87 wrote: »
    Rod Studd and Wayne Mardle are there again I see.

Lisa Ashton is taking time to get going here.

As Bobby would say,

He loves his darts does Wayne, he's a good boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

JIdontknow wrote: »
    You can find all match results here:
    http://www.bdodarts.com/
    Lakeside 2016, mens championship, mens results, select which day and which match and it has the stats there,
    For example Larry Butler Vs Glen durrant:
    http://www.bdodarts.com/images/bdo-content/events/2016/lakeside/dfw/day-5/LLarryButlerGlenDurrant39.pdf
    Jim Williams Vs Wesley Harms:
    http://www.bdodarts.com/images/bdo-content/events/2016/lakeside/dfw/day-5/LJimWilliamsWesleyHarms41.pdf

All are available for every match etc.

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Scott Waites has certainly piled on a few pounds over the Christmas.

Some performance so far from de Vos. He's hitting that bull like a trooper.

Waites right back in it now. De Vos's average dropped from 102 to 64 during the last set, crazy stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Now de Vos has completely frozen ,Waites has won 6-7 legs on the trot ,mad game ,can see Waites doing him now

Advertisement