Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 BDO World Championship thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

case885 wrote: »
    Simon Whitlock is wandering around the bar at lakeside, I thought PDC players would be banned from entering :D

Alan Norris was a guest in the studio the other day, so unlikely!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭SteM

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I'm sure that Part would play in the PDC championship and when he got knocked out go on to commentating on the BDO championship. Does anyone else remember this or is the memory going?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

SteM wrote: »
    Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I'm sure that Part would play in the PDC championship and when he got knocked out go on to commentating on the BDO championship. Does anyone else remember this or is the memory going?

You're right. He even did it after becoming PDC World Champ in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Simon Whitlock is wandering around the bar at lakeside, I thought PDC players would be banned from entering :D

Probably asking for a spot in the BDO the way things have been going for him lately. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bunting was in the crowd yesterday. I remember Mardle being there last year also.

I thought it was nice to hear Tony Green congratulate Anderson on commentary last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Whitlock was there for his Australian mate whose name escapes me who was playing today. He's staying in Whitlock's house while he's over here for the tournament and i suppose practising with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ryan de Vreede looks a little bit like Simon Mignolet.

Ross Montgomery playing very poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ross Montgomery playing very poorly.

Can't stand Toss oh sorry I mean Ross. Bit of needle between the 2. Also double world champ Ando dislikes Montgomery.

http://dartsjournalist.com/gary-anderson-ross-montgomery-is-a-disgrace-for-scotland/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

What channel is this on on sky,can't seem to find it at all

• Advertisement

IH784man wrote: »
    What channel is this on on sky,can't seem to find it at all

Sorry man it's on BT sports 1 pay for it unfortunately or try stream it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Watching Hankey...he's averaging about 67 after 2 sets and has hit 1 double out of 21 darts.
    He won 3-0 the other day. God only knows who he was playing.

gramar wrote: »
    Watching Hankey...he's averaging about 67 after 2 sets and has hit 1 double out of 21 darts.
    He won 3-0 the other day. God only knows who he was playing.

God awful darts, and Hankey up to his usual antics.

God awful darts, and Hankey up to his usual antics.

Very poor...it all looks a bit pathetic.

Brutal performance from Hankey.

Brutal performance from Hankey.

Dreadful, terrible to see a double world champ reduced to that. Martin is a nice fella and coped with Hankey's antics well. Can't see him going much further although he has the Harbour master next so should be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Hankey of later years just seems to want to slow other players down and fight with the crowd rather than play the board. He has arguably the best throwing action in the game. A two time world champ with his ability should really be waltzing through this tournament. Its a real shame

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Bristow ripping the piss of Hankey , he loves throwing grenades at it

Hankey looked like death warmed up. Without the warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

Hankey sure was dire last night. Shame as he could still be a good asset for the bdo, but not with nonsense like that.

I wonder how far Lisa Ashton could go if she played in the men's tournament. She averaged higher than a lot of the men in the first round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Ye Hankey was awful last night, it's a pity because he's one of the most entertaining characters in the BDO and he's a very naturally talented thrower as well.

The tournament would want to pick up a but because the standard so far has been dreadful.

lol this sums it all up really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Hankey seemed to give up, you could see he was firing them in towards the end and lost all interest. I'm surprised a player with his experience would give up that easy.
    Waites to win now hopefully.

Hankey seemed to give up, you could see he was firing them in towards the end and lost all interest. I'm surprised a player with his experience would give up that easy.
    Waites to win now hopefully.

Yeah it reminds me of when he gave up against Christian Kist a few years ago and blamed the BDO for turning the air conditioning on to stop him winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Adams and smith having a good go at it right now.

Big step up on quality from yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,686 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Adams under pressure now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,686 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

But Adams has integrity, unlike Hankey. He won't throw in the towel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Adams out took it like a true professional great match for the Bdo

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Adams out 3-0 in sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Poor Wolfie, disappointing.

Don't know who I want to win now.

Advertisement