Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 BDO World Championship thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Every year the same ****e "OMG BDO ****E PDC GREAT"

You honestly expect lads playing part time to match the standards of the likes of the top 32 in the PDC who basically do nothing bar chuck darts every day? Lads who are already at a high standard.

For a fellow who dislikes the BDO, how many times has TheBigEvil posted on this thread?

Do we have to go through this. Every. Single. Year. Some other poster saunters along and thinks sneering about how bad the BDO is is sorta gas and new and interesting?

TBE, if you dislike it, there must be HUNDREDS of other channels with interesting stuff on?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

For a fellow who dislikes the BDO, how many times has TheBigEvil posted on this thread?

Do we have to go through this. Every. Single. Year. Some other poster saunters along and thinks sneering about how bad the BDO is is sorta gas and new and interesting?

TBE, if you dislike it, there must be HUNDREDS of other channels with interesting stuff on?

I 'hank you :)

SteM wrote: »
    Did the commentator just say Hankey was in his mid-forties!? I would have put him in his late fifties. Seems to have been around forever.

47, but he has had health issues in recent years. Great to see him up on the stage again, but seems well off his form a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,534 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »

Hope this doesn't descend into the usual BDO v PDC crap, but I fear it will.

Sigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

When is Martin Adams playing, played well in the grand slam, you'd expect a good run here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭SteM

47, but he has had health issues in recent years. Great to see him up on the stage again, but seems well off his form a few years back.

Yeah, just read up on him. Seems he had a stroke a while back and some drinking problems. Wasn't really commenting on his appearance, just seems like he has been around forever but that's probably because he won his first world title so long ago.

When is Martin Adams playing, played well in the grand slam, you'd expect a good run here

Tuesday afternoon I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I like Tony Green but he must have mentioned that John Part won the 1994 championship about five times during the Cameron, Hankey game.

There was also a funny moment when Hankey was on a 60 out shot and Tony says "here we go, double 18".

Could be a Hankey Adams QF if i'm right, that would worth watching, if it works out

• Advertisement

He's up against Jeff Smith the Canadian who reached the semis last year. Should be a decent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Scotty Dog's match against Craig Caldwell (both averaged in the low 90s) was very good. Not far off the level of most 1st round games in the PDC. Scott had a checkout average of 70% which is excellent considering he was been put under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Could be a Hankey Adams QF if i'm right, that would worth watching, if it works out

Phillips will knock out Hankey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Get out 47 he looks about 57, same with RVB I nearly fell off my chair when they said he was 48 the other night, looks in his 50s

He's up against Jeff Smith the Canadian who reached the semis last year. Should be a decent game.

Will steam it during lunch I think. Due to start just after 1pm.

Will steam it during lunch I think...

It should be tasty! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

It should be tasty! ;)

Will wean me off watching darts and help ease me back to work :)

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Phillips will knock out Hankey

Hence why i said If it works out, i dont expect it to

If Hankey can't beat Philipps he should give up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Tony Greene sounds very frail these days.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Tony Greene sounds very frail these days.

Should have retired years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Waites impressive there must have averaged around the 100 mark ,won 3-0 in under a half hour

seanhynes wrote: »
    Waites impressive there must have averaged around the 100 mark ,won 3-0 in under a half hour

Would like to see him win it again, I've always liked him as a player.

seanhynes wrote: »

Impressive enough just over 96

I think everyone would love to see Waites return to form. In terms of ability, he is probably the only BDO player who can really mix it with the very top PDC players when on form, but he's had a couple of bad years.

I think everyone would love to see Waites return to form. In terms of ability, he is probably the only BDO player who can really mix it with the very top PDC players when on form, but he's had a couple of bad years.

They were saying on commentary that he had a shoulder injury which really impacted on his form. He's had surgery on it, so hopefully that's the end of the problem for him.

They were saying on commentary that he had a shoulder injury which really impacted on his form. He's had surgery on it, so hopefully that's the end of the problem for him.

Didn't know that. I'd imagine that would be a career ender for most. Not in terms of the physical damage, but more so in terms of the risk of overthinking, overcompensating and ultimately dartitis...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Didn't know that. I'd imagine that would be a career ender for most. Not in terms of the physical damage, but more so in terms of the risk of overthinking, overcompensating and ultimately dartitis...

Sadly a shoulder injury has more or less ended Roland Scholten's career, unless of course he decides to attempt another comeback but it's hard to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Simon Whitlock is wandering around the bar at lakeside, I thought PDC players would be banned from entering :D

Advertisement