Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 BDO World Championship thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

De Vos has gone to shite altogether. I wouldn't bet against Scott falling apart again either though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Poor aul de Vos, saw the finishing line and absolutely shat himself, just fell completely apart. Well done to Waites though, he never dropped the head and jumped all over Vos once he saw him wilting, that 158 finish was a real killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

Geert really bottled it there. He was looking brilliant up to when he was 3-0 up with some solid finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Massive choke, he only won one leg in the last 4 sets. Fair play to Waites for taking advantage, he must have thought he was cooked at 3-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Hard to call 3 of the 4 quarters, I do think the one easy one is Smith against Harbour. Smith surely must beat him at a canter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

I like Veenstra to take out Mitchell ,he won by the skin of his teeth today ,veenstra was very heavy scoring and took his doubles out well, dunno has Mitchell the hunger for it again

oh sweet jesus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Any word from hankey?. i presume he never gave a post match interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I'd say hughes is pdc bound looks good today

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭leoch

it ted out already did he take another heart attack on stage ???i think ted is more worried about the big stupid Dracula walk on than darts there is bound to be a circus who would take him in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

leoch wrote: »
    it ted out already did he take another heart attack on stage ???i think ted is more worried about the big stupid Dracula walk on than darts there is bound to be a circus who would take him in

Lost 3-0 in the First Round averaging 71.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,081 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

God that Bobby George fella looks like such a sleeze bag. I'd say he has had his fair share of women over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

They made some deal out of the 160 checkout (highest ladies checkout at lakeside I think) in the ladies quarter final last night. I'm not knocking it at all, I think its good to see the ladies darts section getting a decent showing, I couldn't hit 160 with 9 darts - But it wasn't exactly a 9 darter but they talked it up for ages.

I actually always watch the lakeside so this isn't a bdo pdc argument, remember Les Wallace, Beaton, Tony David, Burnett all win, but it seems these days to be a bit of a session for some of the lads (Durrant, Mitchell, Smith, and a few others in fairness take it seriously), but you always see the same faces drinking back stage in the background when interviews going on (even before they are knocked out of tournament), as for a player breaking their nose falling off a hoverboard in the bar 2 days before their first round match... says a lot really! When you think of him and Anderson and the Men in Black thing years ago, back then Robson seemed the better scorer of the two, but Anderson has pushed on and won 2 world titles in PDC...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

leoch wrote:

Classy, having a pop at his health condition.
    You can't even judge him on his performance because you didn't watch him :pac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

What a hero Waites back from the dead twice in a day , durrant close to being sick ,man is devestated .. I hope for a smith Waites final now

Maybe Waites' name is on the trophy.

It's a pity those two were on the same side of the draw, I would have loved a Waites, Durrant final.

I wonder will Durrant stay put or have a crack at the PDC Q school next week?

I can see Smith and Mitchell winning their games tonight, setting up a rematch of their semi final from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Thats some entrance by Anne-Louise Peters to simply the best, nearly outshone Chris Eubanks entrance to it years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Her entrance was her highlight, never won a leg

I would like to Deta Hedman win the final now. I think they were saying that she's won over 100 ranking titles in her career but never a world.

• Advertisement

Harbour is looking good so far, didn't expect to see him play this well. Smith looks effected by the pace of the game.

Smith through 5-2. Excellent play from Harbour in the first two sets but he fell away badly when Smith upped his game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Harbour was never going to keep those averages up and Smith was way off his best for the first two but he recovered well. He's a very well rounded player and he's as good as anyone left and he'd be a worthy winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Since 2006 (and that was only as far as I went back). How many 100+ averages do you think there have been in the BDO world championships?

I went back through the stats, I'll admit I scanned over them pretty quickly so if I'm wrong tell me but I know I'm wont be wrong by very much!

The answer is:
    Three in ten years.

Since 2006 (and that was only as far as I went back). How many 100+ averages do you think there have been in the BDO world championships?

I went back through the stats, I'll admit I scanned over them pretty quickly so if I'm wrong tell me but I know I'm wont be wrong by very much!

The answer is:
    Three in ten years.

Nobody would ever claim that the BDO players are superior to the PDC, they're obviously not. You're comparing part timers who rarely play on television to full time professionals.

However it's still a decent standard for the most part and the games can be quite exciting. I always enjoy watching Lakeside every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Waites playing well.so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Waites playing well.so far.

Yup, but Hughes playing terribly is making him look better than he is.

Nobody would ever claim that the BDO players are superior to the PDC, they're obviously not. You're comparing part timers who rarely play on television to full time professionals.

However it's still a decent standard for the most part and the games can be quite exciting. I always enjoy watching Lakeside every year.

If you read my post again you'll notice that I made no comparison to the PDC.

I just noticed how low the averages were so I decided to look at past tournaments to see if it was unusual n that respect.

As it turned out, it was perfectly normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Any chance waites will make the switch?would be well able to compete

• Advertisement

Any chance waites will make the switch?would be well able to compete

I don't think he's interested. A little like Wolfie in that respect.

Advertisement