Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 BDO World Championship thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,857 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Why did BDO start this today while other is not over could it of not done next Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

paulie21 wrote: »
    Why did BDO start this today while other is not over could it of not done next Saturday

It's the BDO, why bother even questioning the logic of their decisions any longer?

paulie21 wrote: »

I could be wrong, but presuming because the BDO started first and always ended on the 2nd weekend in January? And when it went head to head, it drew larger viewing figures, though I fully appreciate that's because of the difference in accessibility between the BBC and Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Can anyone tell me who had the most 180s in Larry butler,Jeff smith and glen durrant match's?..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

The Count is back tomorrow, not sure what form he's in. Can't imagine he's anything like his best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Hopefully The Count (take out the o) runs well, he's one of the main reasons to watch the Lakeside world championship, apart from his antics he can be class player as well, but I wouldn't expect too much this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

watching this on BBC. This is seriously ****e stuff.... Sajwani vs Hewson.... Number of match 180s.... 1... pmsl

What a joke the BDO is, this is Pub standard.... can't believe this shower are still in business....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just flicked over and theres a match between sajwani and hewson on, the antics of both lads is hilarious for 2 lads averaging 15-18 dart legs.since i switched on.

21-24 dart leg now

Just flicked over and theres a match between sajwani and hewson on, the antics of both lads is hilarious for 2 lads averaging 15-18 dart legs.since i switched on.

21-24 dart leg now

Yea I know.... The hit a double after 20 darts and are giving it large.... f*cking awful stuff..

The commentators trying to make out its a great match too.... absolute rubbish..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,227 ✭✭✭tanko

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    watching this on BBC. This is seriously ****e stuff.... Sajwani vs Hewson.... Number of match 180s.... 1... pmsl

What a joke the BDO is, this is Pub standard.... can't believe this shower are still in business....

It's like a darts game from a father ted episode.
    The funny thing about it is that it's actually very entertaining. It's gas when they miss a big single.

• Advertisement

I could hear some woman laughing hysterically there, we're with ya missus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The women's match is already better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Mardle's commentary in the PDC game makes the BDO match infinitely more palatable....

Sherrock had some shocking attempts at the doubles that let Peters swipe the win. She had like 3 180's ffs.

Mardle's commentary in the PDC game makes the BDO match infinitely more palatable....

Really?, i could easily find it the other way around

The real main event today is Ted Hankey, make no mistake.

Ahhh Mr Hankey.... The Christmas poo :)

Or Hypno Toad, worst walk on music ever...

I hope Hankey goes off on one, useless pile bat droppings... couldnt cut it in the big leagues of the PDC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

so much hate, unwarranted imo

That cameron guy loves hitting 5 or 1 with his 1st dart

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭SteM

Did the commentator just say Hankey was in his mid-forties!? I would have put him in his late fifties. Seems to have been around forever.

• Advertisement

so much hate, unwarranted imo

Ahh its not hate, that is such a strong word. More of a unbridled dislike :)

Ahh look, Hankey is a very good player, same sort of throwing style as Barney, very steady and smooth.

I just think if he was half the player everyone says he is, he would dominate the crap out of the BDO and win a hat-full of world titles.

The standard in the BDO is shocking. There is no serious level of competition, which is why the PDC is going from strength to strength. Look a the number of players playing at such a high level, consistently, in the PDC.

Most of them are jobbers, lifers to a BDO cause that long since lost any credibility.

Ohh look, another single 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Everyone knows the standard of the BDO is poor compared to the PDC. There's no need to go on about it all the time. This is what leads to the yearly BDO Vs PDC debates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Cluiche iascairi

TheBigEvil wrote:

TheBigEvil wrote:
    The standard in the BDO is shocking. There is no serious level of competition, which is why the PDC is going from strength to strength. Look a the number of players playing at such a high level, consistently, in the PDC.

Don't like it then don't watch it, it's really that simple..

The crowd are about to put Ted off this set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

monkey9 wrote: »
    Everyone knows the standard of the BDO is poor compared to the PDC. There's no need to go on about it all the time. This is what leads to the yearly BDO Vs PDC debates.

Debates ? Shocking that the bdo even have anything to argue about their clearly worse. PDC are where the good players are at

• Registered Users Posts: 17,857 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Wonder what the idea behind going for treble 16 with 96 left is

Don't like it then don't watch it, it's really that simple..

But there are no other comedy programs on at the moment !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I find it hard to watch the poor standard of the BDO, when the PDC is still on. From tomorrow, I'll get used to the lower standard of the BDO

Engrossed says Tony Greene, as the girl looks completely bored stiff.

Easy enough for Hankey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Hankey will play Martin Phillips next. Not going to be easy for him

Advertisement