Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Henwin wrote:
    a bit confused as to who to drop from my front 7, I have Sterling, Barkley, Coutinho, Ozil, Mahrez, Kane, Lukalu and Vardy. Tempted to put Mahrez on the bench but tat cud backfire, which do ye tink ye wud drop. Tinking of captaining Kane

Sterling. Form (or lack of it) over fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sterling is playing quite well and unfortunate not to be getting more FPL points. Apart from Stoke game where they were all woeful.

He's tricked me into holding him so yeah, you should probably steer well clear! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'd play Sterling. 2 goals yesterday and he seems to play more advanced when Aguero isn't playing. I think he got his hattrick when Aguero was injured earlier in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Hat-trick for Giroud this evening. Might be worth a punt as they play Villa this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Hat-trick for Giroud this evening. Might be worth a punt as they play Villa this week.
    Was just thinking the same.

Vardy --> Giroud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Shedite27 wrote: »

Vardy --> Giroud

My last punt was Sturridge so I might play it safe and just play Alli and let my FT roll over. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »

Vardy --> Giroud

he picked up 2 knocks tonight
    even with all their injuries i wud not bet on him starting

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I brought Giroud in around this time last year. Captained him against QPR. Told everyone on the forum to Captain him and he got sent off.

And yet I find myself tempted to bring him in again...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rikand wrote: »
    I brought Giroud in around this time last year. Captained him against QPR. Told everyone on the forum to Captain him and he got sent off.

And yet I find myself tempted to bring him in again...

Don't remind me about that dark , dark night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Don't remind me about that dark , dark night.

One of the worst moments of my season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Girouds in a rich vein of form alright....anyone want to suggest a midfielder to replace Hoolihan with for me?

My thinking would be to leave a bit of change for other transfers so maybe someone with a max price of say 7.5m who has decent fixtures upcoming.

Thanks for any views lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Girouds in a rich vein of form alright....anyone want to suggest a midfielder to replace Hoolihan with for me?

My thinking would be to leave a bit of change for other transfers so maybe someone with a max price of say 7.5m who has decent fixtures upcoming.

Deulofeu? If you don't have Everton cover already.

Edit: Just saw you posted your team there! Maybe not! I'm thinking of getting Ramsey myself, although he didn't get in the positions I wanted him to be in tonight. Gamble on Arnautovic? Can't think of anyone else right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Spurs got some decent fixtures so could go with Alli, Aurnotivic could be worth a try but he can go long spells without getting any points. If Southampton can turn their form around, Tadic is worth a punt but that's a bit of a gamble really, same with Ayew if Swansea can get their **** together.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Arnautovic, Wijnaldum or Deulofeu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Kane and Moreno finally in. Davies, the depreciating huare, finally out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Thanks lads,I'm going to chance it that Hoolihan the Irish Messi doesn't drop tonight (he's around -90%).... And pick someone tomorrow,had Arnautovic at a stage last season and he can be frustrating for having blank weeks in a row but on other hand Stoke were superb at the wkd,Spurs in good form too.

Bolassie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Aguero due back the 12th Dec on FPL - will he play tomorrow ?

Not many striker options this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

hogey143 wrote: »
    Not many striker options this week...

Really? :confused:

Spurs, Arsenal, Everton, Watford, and Leicester are all playing against relegation fodder this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

and Leicester are all playing against relegation fodder this weekend.

Haha cheeky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Really? :confused:

Spurs, Arsenal, Everton, Watford, and Leicester are all playing against relegation fodder this weekend.

I have Kane, Lukaku & Aguero already.

If Aguero isn't deemed fit, is there really someone of a high quality 'given' to replace him for this weekend?

Giroud did superb last night but can he replicate that form the weekend? Vardy I'm still waiting for the bubble to completely burst, Ighalo & Deeney been good recently but Big Sam is too too hard to judge.

Basically don't see a suitable replacement given this weeks fixtures..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Henwin wrote: »
    a bit confused as to who to drop from my front 7, I have Sterling, Barkley, Coutinho, Ozil, Mahrez,
    Kane, Lukalu and Vardy.
    Tempted to put Mahrez on the bench but tat cud backfire, which do ye tink ye wud drop. Tinking of captaining Kane

i'm assuming, looking at that front 8, that you benched him last week, but didn't get stung because of Coutinho?

You're playing with fire, and assuming I'm right (which I might not be), you will eventually get burned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Banking this week I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm assuming, looking at that front 8, that you benched him last week, but didn't get stung because of Coutinho?

You're playing with fire, and assuming I'm right (which I might not be), you will eventually get burned.

no i never benched Mahrez yet, he has done well for me, he done even better for my rival as she had Sanchez as captain and Mahrez as vice captain and there i was teasing her bout picking sanchez wen she informed me who her vice was, the reason i was thinking of bencing him is tat tey are playing chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Henwin wrote: »
    no i never benched Mahrez yet, he has done well for me, he done even better for my rival as she had Sanchez as captain and Mahrez as vice captain and there i was teasing her bout picking sanchez wen she informed me who her vice was, the reason i was thinking of bencing him is tat tey are playing chelsea

That's the reason I'm considering captaining him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Now that Coutinho is fit, if Aguero isn't fit, I'll probably bring in Alli for Surman, thus giving me a strong front 8. I'll take a look, but I may AOA at some point soon while Spurs have a good run.

if Aguero is fit, I'll bank for the 1st time this season.

It's horrific on my part that GW 15 is the first gameweek where I feel generally happy enough with my squad that I'm safe to bank.

the only big fear I have is Vardy, but the thing is, Jose isn't dumb enough to give Leicester no respect like many teams have. he's not too ashamed to put the bus up, and deny Vardez the space to run into. they may still lose, but I don't think being Vardyless is going to hurt me too much (famous last words).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Done Costa to Lukaku, thinking Arnautovic for Westwood and Giroud for Kone for - 8,plummeting down the rankings in the last 4weeks.
    Current team is Cech
    Bellerin, Alder, Kolorov,
    Mahrez, hazard, Bolasie, Barkley,
    Kane, Lukaku, Kone
    Subs McCarthy, Smalling, Naughton, Westwood
    Might just do Giroud for Kone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Super glamorous transfer this week. Dann>Clyne. Yaya.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Hoolahan & Mata out for Alli and Mahrez

Hoping having 2 Everton, Spurs &Leicester attacking players doesnt come back to bite me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Did Smalling -> Moreno.

Tempted to a -4 by doing Ayew -> Coutinho, but I think I'll avoid the selection headache as my front eight are already;

Ozil - KDB - Eriksen - Mahrez - Ayew
    Ighalo - Vardy - Lukaku

With Sanchez injured, Hazard and Costa out of form, Aguero in and out with injuries and Sturridge doing his best Tayto impression there's not really many places to put money .. Team value is ~99m, nearly 6m in the bank. Would like an option to be able to spend 1m to have an extra free transfer, though.

Advertisement