Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Coleman and Bolasie in for Gabriel and Moses for -4

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I think I'll get Kane in for Aguero and cut my losses on the Argentinian until January. He's highly likely to get rotated at Christmas and will surely be eased back in this time around if Pellegrini has any sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

If Walcott starts midweek I might get him in, not sure for who though yet. Gonna be stubborn and refuse to get Ozil.

Want to ship out Willian but not sure who for.

I'm thinking I need City or liverpool coverage. Or is my Chelsea cover good enough ? They all seem to have pretty similar games coming up. Maybe I should consider somebody else ?

I have Ramsey, Mahrez and Barkley. Fletcher on the bench.

Lukaku, Kane and Vardy up front.

Money no object. Any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Want to ship out Willian but not sure who for.

I'm thinking I need City or liverpool coverage. Or is my Chelsea cover good enough ? They all seem to have pretty similar games coming up. Maybe I should consider somebody else ?

I have Ramsey, Mahrez and Barkley. Fletcher on the bench.

Lukaku, Kane and Vardy up front.

Money no object. Any suggestions ?

I'm making the same outward transfer. Pending injury news, it will likely be Coutinho. Eriksen is on my list too.

Do you not have Ozil? If you don't and you can afford it, that's a no-brainer.

Edit - overlooked the fact that you have Ramsey, can see why you'd be reluctant to double-up on Arsenal midfield with the injury situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Toby and mike smalling in
    Rojo and VVD out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    The 3 have to go but yeah maybe Mané first. Wait for CL games to be played if you can ;).

Yeah. Likely move is to get in Alli, but that might even wait till next week if his price looks like staying put, although he has Newcastle this week. Not sure when his protection ends.

Thing with the strong 5 mids is whoever i get in I'll only give myself a selection headache. Even if I get Alli (as 5th mid for Xmas) for Mane who do I bench from Hazard, Sterling, Ozil, Alli and Mahrez/Vardy Lukaku Kane....hmmm I've an idea...no, wait... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Bit of a pickle here

I brought in Aguerro and Coutinho 2 weeks ago. I got nothing from them for week 14 and 15 (2pts for Aguerro in 14)

There's a lot of talk of them not playing again this weekend.

I currently have :

de Gea
    Coleman Alderweireld Skrtel
    Coutinho Mahrez Barkley Özil
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Subs: McCarthy Drinkwater Simpson Dawson

I'm thinking of for -8 :

de Gea
    De Bruyne Mahrez Barkley Özil
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Subs: McCarthy Alli Simpson Dawson

This would mean that if Aguero doesn't play again I have a semi solid 5 man midfield.

What is the general concensus ?

De Bruyne is due to rise tonight. Alli will probably rise before next Saturday.

Coutinho has lovely fixtures coming up but having that amount of money on my bench for a third week in a row is killing me in my mini leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Rage transferred Aguero out for Kane for -4
    Aguero looks set to be out for this weekend and Kane is going to be highly captained.
    Leaves me with Dier, Eriksen and Kane(c) COYS

I'm making the same outward transfer. Pending injury news, it will likely be Coutinho. Eriksen is on my list too.

Do you not have Ozil? If you don't and you can afford it, that's a no-brainer.

Edit - overlooked the fact that you have Ramsey, can see why you'd be reluctant to double-up on Arsenal midfield with the injury situation.

I think I should get in KDB or Coutinho but I sold KDB about two weeks ago and I'd be worried about game time for Coutinho as he's coming back from a hamstring injury and the games schedule is fairly hectic.

I have Kane so don't want Eriksen and I have chosen Ramsey over a Ozil.

Sterling is an option but probably not worth the gamble even as a differential. If only Silva scored a tad more goals he'd be an easy choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Aguero out for Kane more than likely. Jumped the gun bringing him back in and it's cost me quite a few points since then. Until he starts hitting a run of form he's not coming back into my team, not getting burnt again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is Alderwiereld worth the extra money over Dier? Up until 3 weeks ago they were neck and neck, but Alder's goal and assist in the past three games has put his points up.

Haven't decided yet, but the transfers will prob be (have 2 FTs):

Ruddy -> De Gea
    Bertrand -> Dier/Alder

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just brough in Barrkley in for Mane. By mistake. Wife asked to make a transfer for her. Logged into my account by accident.

Balls. Wanted to make a defensive transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Need to get rid of Mata, the Utd fan in me was hoping for an upturn. Is it too late to get Mahrez back in?

Leicester have some shocking fixtures in the next month or 2 but he's on fire! Have Vardy already so didn't like doubling on Leicester forwards as I'm waiting for the inevitable the drop in form!

Have Ozil, KDB, Barkley and Hoolahan as other midfielders, thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Just brough in Barrkley in for Mane. By mistake. Wife asked to make a transfer for her. Logged into my account by accident.

Not the worst accidental transfer ever though annoying all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is Alderwiereld worth the extra money over Dier? Up until 3 weeks ago they were neck and neck, but Alder's goal and assist in the past three games has put his points up.

Haven't decided yet, but the transfers will prob be (have 2 FTs):

Ruddy -> De
    David Blaine is furious. His record of doing **** all in a box for 44 days has been smashed by Wayne Rooney.
    Bertrand -> Dier/Alder

If you can afford it I think Alder is definitely worth the extra money. Have Dier, got him in early in the season thinking would have good potential for assists. Would definitely go for alder if was making the transfer now, he's picked up the odd assist and seems to be a bps magnet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

FutureGuy wrote: »

Should guarantee some Mane points this GW. As an owner I can but only show my appreciation.

Need to get rid of Mata, the Utd fan in me was hoping for an upturn. Is it too late to get Mahrez back in?

Leicester have some shocking fixtures in the next month or 2 but he's on fire! Have Vardy already so didn't like doubling on Leicester forwards as I'm waiting for the inevitable the drop in form!

I kept Mahrez myself and shipped Vardy for Aguero. Sorry in hindsight but I think he's the one to sell of the 2. He's off penos now and is a solid point getter but doesn't have the explosiveness of Mahrez who for my money is a season keeper.

Vardy may continue in this form and I may continue to have egg on my face but for me if its one or the other I know who I'd go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

With a likely transfer out for Aguero for Deeney to facilitate 352.

Ramsey ,Walcott , Silva , Sanchez and Coutinho all under consideration.

I'd love to see Walcott back flying as he has that explosive potential for returns like Sanchez and Aguero IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

irish son wrote: »
    If Walcott starts midweek I might get him in, not sure for who though yet. Gonna be stubborn and refuse to get Ozil.

If you don't want Özil, I would recommend you getting in Ramsey. They work extremely well as a pair. Credit to Emergingstar on the Arsenal forum who posted this link on their relationship:

http://dailycannon.com/2015/12/ramsey-and-ozil-arsenals-central-intelligence-agency/

I probably will get Ramsey myself but is that way too reliant on Arsenal with Özil and Bellerin already in my team? Have Coutinho, Mahrez and the ready-to-explode Deulofeu already in my midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

If you don't want Özil, I would recommend you getting in Ramsey. They work extremely well as a pair. Credit to Emergingstar on the Arsenal forum who posted this link on their relationship:

http://dailycannon.com/2015/12/ramsey-and-ozil-arsenals-central-intelligence-agency/

Excellent link, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah. Likely move is to get in Alli, but that might even wait till next week if his price looks like staying put, although he has Newcastle this week. Not sure when his protection ends.

Thing with the strong 5 mids is whoever i get in I'll only give myself a selection headache. Even if I get Alli (as 5th mid for Xmas) for Mane who do I bench from Hazard, Sterling, Ozil, Alli and Mahrez/Vardy Lukaku Kane....hmmm I've an idea...no, wait... :(
    Strong front 8 may come useful for the Christmas period alright but I'd personally stay away from it. I never managed to make it work. I feel I don't have enough knowledge of PL (like H2H history between teams, pitch where some players struggle or shine etc... etc...) and/or am not willing to spend more time searching for it every single week. And well there's the extra element of luck involved.

That said, Alli could be an exception. He's only £5.0m so just an extra £0.7m from Wanyama who's currently yellow flagged. With Sanchez injured, Agüero not yet fit and Hazard out of form (or well Chelsea all over the shop shall I say), money may not be as tight as usual and Alli may be the perfect strong front 8 enabler.

Now, you may leave big pts on your bench but it'll be from a player you didn't spend huge cash for and did not have to (re)arrange your team around. I mean, this week Simpson got a CS on my bench but I'm not mad at it because the odds were against Leicester. It may change since they got a couple of CS lately but I never considered him for a start over Kolarov/Bellerin/Bertie. These things happen.

Colking wrote: »
    Bit of a pickle here

I brought in Aguerro and Coutinho 2 weeks ago. I got nothing from them for week 14 and 15 (2pts for Aguerro in 14)

There's a lot of talk of them not playing again this weekend.

I currently have :

de Gea
    Coutinho Mahrez Barkley Özil
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Subs: McCarthy Drinkwater Simpson Dawson

I'm thinking of for -8 :

de Gea
    De Bruyne Mahrez Barkley Özil
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Subs: McCarthy Alli Simpson Dawson

This would mean that if Aguero doesn't play again I have a semi solid 5 man midfield.

What is the general concensus ?

De Bruyne is due to rise tonight. Alli will probably rise before next Saturday.

Coutinho has lovely fixtures coming up but having that amount of money on my bench for a third week in a row is killing me in my mini leagues.
    Why -8? Only 2 transfers :confused:...

The risk with the KDB move is let's say he gets injured midweek and Coutinho is finally fit at the week-end... I'm painting the worst case scenario but we've seen strangers things...

Otherwise, if both players fitness situation stays the same it's a good move. Alli too. But I'd play him over Aguero unless we have confirmation Sergio starts. You don't want a 15 min cameo while Alli plays Newcastle at home.

It's never too late in this game. Stubborness is your worst enemy! And you can look at it in a much more positive way. Let's say Mahrez gets injured or eventually loses his tremendous form (and Leicester too), you'll be in a very easy situation to sell him with 1) very little cash tied on him and 2) a much much higher resale value than most of us, potentially allowing you for a "stronger" replacement ;) and giving you more flexibility in any case.

And about Leicester fixtures. True they look tough. But Vardy scored 9 & 5 pts respectively home to United and away to Swansea. Mahrez 2 & 21. They were the first 2 tough fixtures of their run of 6. A third of the way done and no drop in form yet. This season is a bit weird. No team (bar Leicester actually) is consistently strong week in week out. Even when they got thrashed by Arsenal, Leicester managed to score 2 goals (Vardy 12 pts, Mahrez 2 pts)! I see no reason yet to sell them. Especially that there's no obvious candidate to replace them. Maybe Ighalo for Vardy (but it's not your problem) though he's also ahead of a very tough run of 6 games across Christmas and the New Year after their game away to Sunderland.

iroced wrote: »

Why -8? Only 2 transfers :confused:...

The risk with the KDB move is let's say he gets injured midweek and Coutinho is finally fit at the week-end... I'm painting the worst case scenario but we've seen strangers things...

Otherwise, if both players fitness situation stays the same it's a good move. Alli too. But I'd play him over Aguero unless we have confirmation Sergio starts. You don't want a 15 min cameo while Alli plays Newcastle at home.

Did Bertrand to Skrtel when I thought Aguero and Coutinho were guaranteed starters this weekend. But all the noises at the moment are that they'll get 10 -15 mins at best. That could change but ..... as I said earlier it's very frustrating having that much money on your bench and there doesn't seem to be any guaranteed return date for either right now. Just sorry I got them when I did, ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ighalo or Vardy is my only decision this weekl

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Kone --> Ighalo done.

Might do Aguero --> Kane as well for a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭boccy23

Why all this love for Arsenal???

In November, they scored 3 premiership goals. This is bookended by 3 goal performances against Swansea and Sunderland, hardly defensive world beaters. No clean sheets since the Swansea game.

Granted some of the upcoming fixtures are attractive, but then so wah Norwich and WBA and what did that bring?

Aston Villa (A)21 Dec 20:00Gameweek 17Man City (H)26 Dec 19:45Gameweek 18Southampton (A)28 Dec 17:30Gameweek 19Bournemouth (H)02 Jan 15:00Gameweek 20Newcastle (H)
    Will be staying well clear of anyone a part Özil.

Far better cheaper options available as this season is teaching us.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I probably will get Ramsey myself but is that way too reliant on Arsenal with Özil and Bellerin already in my team? Have Coutinho, Mahrez and the ready-to-explode Deulofeu already in my midfield.

Read that yesterday very interesting. I'm hoping rambo has a quiet night in the CL as I'm hoping he slips under the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭steve_r

Would it be madness to start Francis against Utd?

Reading this from F365 - While Eddie Howe’s side have conceded a league-high 30 goals in 15 games, they have conceded just three in as many games with Francis in the middle.

It could horibbly backfire, you could see Utd comfortably wining 1-0, 2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I took Alli in last week as a 5th midfielder to just bolster the bench, but the headache has begun already. He scored and I didn't get the points, that's fair enough but now I feel as if he has to play what with Spurs home to Newcastle this week...

Who Can I drop? I have KDB, Ozil, Mahrez, Lukaku, Kane who I definitely won't be benching, so that leaves me Deulofeu (nor), Vardy (CHE) or Alli (NEWC)

I had planned to go with Deulofeu for at least 3 weeks and I heard he was lively last night and unlucky with a couple of assists, I didn't see the game though.

Vardy, it might seem crazy but I dunno maybe Chelsea will actually show up and Jose will try to park the bus, I'm not keen on having 2 Leicester attackers versus Chelsea and I daren't bench Mahrez.

Thoughts anyone ?

• Advertisement

I took Alli in last week as a 5th midfielder to just bolster the bench, but the headache has begun already. He scored and I didn't get the points, that's fair enough but now I feel as if he has to play what with Spurs home to Newcastle this week...

Who Can I drop? I have KDB, Ozil, Mahrez, Lukaku, Kane who I definitely won't be benching, so that leaves me Deulofeu (nor), Vardy (CHE) or Alli (NEWC)

I had planned to go with Deulofeu for at least 3 weeks and I heard he was lively last night and unlucky with a couple of assists, I didn't see the game though.

Vardy, it might seem crazy but I dunno maybe Chelsea will actually show up and Jose will try to park the bus, I'm not keen on having 2 Leicester attackers versus Chelsea and I daren't bench Mahrez.

Thoughts anyone ?

I'd probably bench Alli. Newcastle have a tendency to perform when they're supposed to lie down and vice versa.

I'm also looking at bringing in Alli as a fifth but I'd play Deulofeu and Vardy ahead of him.

Advertisement