Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Defence isn't doing great. Every week it looks good on paper, but they just aren't returning the points. Over the last 3 weeks, Stekelenburg, Sagna and Bellerin have returned a total 13 points. That's less than 1.5 points per player per game.

Gonna start with Stekelenburg this week. Think I'll go for DDG. Some good fixtures, including 2 home games over the christmas period. Don't have united coverage, so that will tick that box.

Will give the others (Bellerin and Sagna) til next week. Games against Villa and Swansea isn't the time to get rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Possibly rolling it over so I'll have the two FTs coming into the busy Christmas period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Considering dumping Vardy and getting Ighalo in...don't like having both Mahrez and Vardy and Mahrez is far more explosive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

The Watford fixtures are shocking till the end of January. He does look fixture proof and almost certainly won't be rested for any games over Xmas so it's a tough decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Need to ship out either VVD or Bellerin - tempted to keep VVD as feel Arsenal might struggle with their injuries.

Looking at either Toby A or Moreno and can't decide - any advice??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Okay could do with some advice on how to sort out this mess before I get cut adrift. Sorry for the long post but nothing I'm doing seems to be working.

De Gea-McCarthy

Bertrand-Dier-Simpson-Richards-Rojo

Mahrez-KDB-Ozil-Mata-Alli

Aguero-Lukaku-Vardy

Fairly set on 2 transfers but not opposed to 3.

Options I'm considering;

Rojo needs to make way but should I replace him with another premium defender or go cheap.
    What I'm thinking here :
    (only got DDG in for Begovic Friday but I'd even consider keeping a United defence double up:
    -Darmian or Moreno
    or go cheaper-Stoke/Sunderland/WBA DF)

2. Depending on above.
    Then sell Vardy for Kane. (this was my plan for few weeks)
    Or
    Aguero for Kane? (losing patience with Aguero)

My Mata experiment hasn't worked. But have a lot more problems to deal with at the minute. Will probably get Barkley in for me as a points blocker.
    (Bournemouth and Norwich next for United so wouldn't mind holding Mata as a differential in my leagues)

Michah Richards has to go but I never really play him so he can wait.

Bertrand and McCarthy could go as well but needs must for the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Need to ship out either VVD or Bellerin - tempted to keep VVD as feel Arsenal might struggle with their injuries.

Looking at either Toby A or Moreno and can't decide - any advice??

Just sold VVD for Toby myself. He's going up in price tonight.

When i got VVD instead of Toby i have lived to regret it big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭siblers

shineon23 wrote: »
    Okay could do with some advice on how to sort out this mess before I get cut adrift. Sorry for the long post but nothing I'm doing seems to be working.

De Gea-McCarthy

Bertrand-Dier-Simpson-Richards-Rojo

Mahrez-KDB-Ozil-Mata-Alli

Aguero-Lukaku-Vardy

Fairly set on 2 transfers but not opposed to 3.

Options I'm considering;

Rojo needs to make way but should I replace him with another premium defender or go cheap.
    What I'm thinking here :
    (only got DDG in for Begovic Friday but I'd even consider keeping a United defence double up:
    -Darmian or Moreno
    or go cheaper-Stoke/Sunderland/WBA DF)

2. Depending on above.
    Then sell Vardy for Kane. (this was my plan for few weeks)
    Or
    Aguero for Kane? (losing patience with Aguero)

My Mata experiment hasn't worked. But have a lot more problems to deal with at the minute. Will probably get Barkley in for me as a points blocker.
    (Bournemouth and Norwich next for United so wouldn't mind holding Mata as a differential in my leagues)

Michah Richards has to go but I never really play him so he can wait.

Bertrand and McCarthy could go as well but needs must for the minute.
    Get rid of Mata, too expensive a player to have that is doing **** all. Could look into bringing in Coutinho or Barkley, i'd swap Rojo for Alderweireld or Smalling (but Smalling is expensive) and Bertrand for Moreno, Bellerin or Monreal. Delaney for Palace is another option along with Dawson for WBA but you'd want to look into their coming fixtures. Could be could bench players to have instead of Richards.

You may as well hold onto Aguero for the next GW if he is fit, selling him will free up quite a bit of extra money though and Spurs got some decent fixtures coming up but Kane is very hot and cold as well know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

siblers wrote: »
    Get rid of Mata, too expensive a player to have that is doing **** all. Could look into bringing in Coutinho or Barkley, i'd swap Rojo for Alderweireld or Smalling (but Smalling is expensive) and Bertrand for Moreno, Bellerin or Monreal. Delaney for Palace is another option along with Dawson for WBA but you'd want to look into their coming fixtures. Could be could bench players to have instead of Richards.

You may as well hold onto Aguero for the next GW if he is fit, selling him will free up quite a bit of extra money though and Spurs got some decent fixtures coming up but Kane is very hot and cold as well know :(

Everything you're saying does make sense but can't be making 4-5 transfers. 2 a week for 3 gameweeks is possible until the next injury comes.

Plan is to get rid of Mata alright but defence is more pressing, more than likely will be holding for Bournemouth and revisit him after next weekend.

Smalling would leave me having 12.5 million in the united defence and would be overkill.
    (I'd maybe stretch to Darmian but am leaning towards Moreno to give some Liverpool cover)

Same problem with Toby, and that 3 spurs players would block me from a move for Kane. And I'm already frustrated with Dier's lack of clean sheets.

Bertrand will be staying long term anyway, apart from home games to spurs and arsenal their fixtures look okay. And more likely to keep clean sheets than Liverpool.

Chelsea's fixtures look okay but this season is mad.

For me I suppose its a toss up between who to sell for Kane:
    Vardy or Aguero

Selling Aguero could leave me funds to get Coutinho and Barkley if their form continues.

Isn't Aguero confirmed out until 8th of January ?

Edit - sorry got confused. Think he's confirmed to be out midweek and might be back on the 12th of December. Either way he seems a liability at the minute because of injuries / match fitness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Id deal with Rojo first. Get Toby or a cheapie.

Mata could get points and Aguero could play the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Finding the love for Zouma here a bit odd. Away to the leagues top scorers this week. Fair enough the two fixtures after are relatively easy but then up against United, Palace & Everton. Thinking of getting rid myself & getting Moreno in. Have to offload Sagna though as well, so he could save Zouma from getting the chop with Zabaleta close to return.

Really want to get rid of Ayew too. Probably try shoe horn Bolasie in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I have exactly enough to do Surman and Kane out < Alli and Aguero in.

Would leave a front 8 of:

Ozil KDB Barkley Alli Mahrez

Vardy Lukaku Aguero

Thoughts greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Will be nice to do a late transfer/save. Bellerin to Smalling (despite him being overpriced) is on my mind, I'm just not sure if it's smart to do it this week or next

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Vardy Lukaku Aguero

Kane is captaincy material this week.. He looks like a must have to me right through the Christmas period.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Kane is captaincy material this week.. He looks like a must have to me right through the Christmas period.

Agree with this. He blanked again this week but prior to that and the Chelsea game he has 17, 8, 8, 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

FHFC wrote: »
    Agree with this. He blanked again this week but prior to that and the Chelsea game he has 17, 8, 8, 13.

So better off going with Kane than Aguero?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Went against my usual strategy on a European week and went for an early transfer.

Delle Alli in for Lanzini. It's one I had earmarked for the Xmas fixtures anyway.

Now to hope that Aguero makes a recovery and stop me needing a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Vardy Lukaku Aguero

Strong first 8. Who do you bench there.

I have a similar problem with my front 8. Very hard to leave someone on the bench from KDB Ozil Barkley Marhez Hazzard Lukaku Vardy and igalgo

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Will be nice to do a late transfer/save. Bellerin to Smalling (despite him being overpriced) is on my mind, I'm just not sure if it's smart to do it this week or next

I am thinking along those lines too.

Have bottled the transfer up to now as I hate the idea of paying so much for an overpriced player. However, this season, the money means so much less then normal. He is the only reliable United player and with a good chance of clean sheets in the next nine fixtures:
    12 Dec 17:30 Gameweek 16 Bournemouth (A)
    19 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 17 Norwich (H)
    26 Dec 12:45 Gameweek 18 Stoke (A)
    28 Dec 17:30 Gameweek 19 Chelsea (H)
    02 Jan 15:00 Gameweek 20 Swansea (H)
    12 Jan 19:45 Gameweek 21 Newcastle (A)
    17 Jan 14:05 Gameweek 22 Liverpool (A)
    23 Jan 15:00 Gameweek 23 Southampton (H)
    02 Feb 20:00 Gameweek 24 Stoke (H).

Bournemouth are pretty good at the moment so I am going to save my FT this week and then do: Sagna -> to Smalling next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Considering doubling up on Utd as well. Have De Gea, may get Smalling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Doubts over Aguero so I'll more than likely bank it. I'm happy enough with my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I'll likely bank also. Considering I took a few hits to bring Aguero in 2 weeks ago I'm gonna hold on to him and hope for the best. In for a penny, in for a pound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Hate having to stick with Aguero and Coutinho but I have a strong squad so I can cope with benching them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Banking barring a disaster.

My 12 point hit last week backfired as the players I took out/didnt play did a bit of damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

may just bank it and see how a few lads go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

My front three is Vardy, Ighalo, Lukaku.

I have 6.1M in the bank.

Very tempted to sell Ighalo for Kane and give him the armband?
    Thoughts?

Yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Got in ozil for hazard. I'll be getting either Walcott or Ramsey for ayew with my other transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ive already done Alderweireld in for VVD as part of a (minimum) -4.

Who to vomit of of my midfield first of Hazard, Mane and Sterling remains to be seen.

Probably Mané.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

My front three is Vardy, Ighalo, Lukaku.

I have 6.1M in the bank.

Very tempted to sell Ighalo for Kane and give him the armband?
    Thoughts?

Yay or nay?
    Looks great on paper. But Ighalo's form is just so great... Definitely a player I underestimated (although he tempted me to be my 3rd cheap forward in a 3-5-2 formation in the early stages of the season). Tough call, particularly with the stats someone posted earlier about him being involved (goal or assist) in 14 of Watford's 17 goals :eek: !!!
    FHFC wrote: »
    Ive already done Alderweireld in for VVD as part of a (minimum) -4.

Who to vomit of of my midfield first of Hazard, Mane and Sterling remains to be seen.

Probably Mané.
    The 3 have to go but yeah maybe Mané first. Wait for CL games to be played if you can ;).

--

As for me, I'm debating whether getting DDG in for Myhill is worth it this week. WB fixtures ease up after next week but his lack of save points and their current defensive form make me wonder... Or should I get someone cheaper like Butland (though I feel I'm too late to the Stoke party)?

Advertisement