Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

I took Alli in last week as a 5th midfielder to just bolster the bench, but the headache has begun already. He scored and I didn't get the points, that's fair enough but now I feel as if he has to play what with Spurs home to Newcastle this week...

Who Can I drop? I have KDB, Ozil, Mahrez, Lukaku, Kane who I definitely won't be benching, so that leaves me Deulofeu (nor), Vardy (CHE) or Alli (NEWC)

I had planned to go with Deulofeu for at least 3 weeks and I heard he was lively last night and unlucky with a couple of assists, I didn't see the game though.

Vardy, it might seem crazy but I dunno maybe Chelsea will actually show up and Jose will try to park the bus, I'm not keen on having 2 Leicester attackers versus Chelsea and I daren't bench Mahrez.

Thoughts anyone ?

I have an identical front 8. Same reasoning as yourself, at the moment I'm thinking of benching Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭COH

Costa out, Kane in.... the easiest transfer decision in history

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I have an identical front 8. Same reasoning as yourself, at the moment I'm thinking of benching Vardy.

I would agree. IF Vardy scores, it will only be 1 i reckon.....and that's an if.

Think Alli has a much better chance of contributing an assist or another goal against Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Will be nice to do a late transfer/save. Bellerin to Smalling (despite him being overpriced) is on my mind, I'm just not sure if it's smart to do it this week or next

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/dec/081215-fpl-scout-differential-man-utd-chris-smalling.html

Do we still think ManU will be as solid defensively if Schweinsteiger gets a 3 match ban and Scheniderlin and the rest of their walking wounded are out? I'd probably do this move this GW since I'm a sucker for a price rise and I don't think Arsenal will keep a cleanie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I have a midfield of: Kouyate, Ozil, De Bruyen, Barkley and Mahrez.
    Front 3 of: Ighaloo, Vardy and Kane.
    With 4.3 in the bank.

Kouyate is doing nothing for me, could sell him for someone like Alli, or else get rid of De Bruyen but I have no idea who to replace him with, maybe Silva but I don't think he'll out score De Bruyen or else Coutinho. Leicester have some pretty tough fixtures coming up so may replace Vardy with Lukaku. I don't know what to do with myself having so much money in the bank :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

siblers wrote: »
    With 4.3 in the bank.

Kouyate is doing nothing for me, could sell him for someone like Alli, or else get rid of De Bruyen but I have no idea who to replace him with, maybe Silva but I don't think he'll out score De Bruyen or else Coutinho. Leicester have some pretty tough fixtures coming up so may replace Vardy with Lukaku. I don't know what to do with myself having so much money in the bank :pac:

I've the same front 8 as you except I have Lukaku instead of Kane.

I've 6.1M in the bank and dunno what to do now.
    Ighalo and Vardy are in such good form it's hard to think of transferring them out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ighalo and Vardy are in such good form it's hard to think of transferring them out
    Think I may just bring in Alli for Kouyate and drop Vardy. The rest of the fixtures are pretty nice though so don't really need to change things around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Any ideas on where to change. very strong first 8 and dont fancy leaving anyone out at the moment.

Schmeichel (Myhill)
    Kolorov Alderweireld Dann (Cedric & Francis)
    De Bruyne Barkley Ozil Hazzard Mahrez
    Vardy Lukaku (Igalgo)

Do i drop Hazzard to bench this GW?
    Or take 4 point hit to bring in Kane.

Dont want to sell any of my midfielders with there fixtures coming. Waiting to do Hazzard to another and Vardy to Kane/augero on this return?

taughts?

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Any ideas on where to change. very strong first 8 and dont fancy leaving anyone out at the moment.

Schmeichel (Myhill)
    Kolorov Alderweireld Dann (Cedric & Francis)
    De Bruyne Barkley Ozil Hazzard Mahrez
    Vardy Lukaku (Igalgo)

Do i drop Hazzard to bench this GW?
    Or take 4 point hit to bring in Kane.

Dont want to sell any of my midfielders with there fixtures coming. Waiting to do Hazzard to another and Vardy to Kane/augero on this return?

taughts?

How long have we been waiting for Chelsea to turn it around ? Last 4 prem games they have scored just 1 goal playing against Stoke, Norwich, Spurs and Bournemouth.

I think you're right to get Kane in for Hazard. It's the right thing to do. Even if Chelsea score 6 this weekend I'd feel like I made the right decision based on what's been happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

With 4.3 in the bank.

Think I may just bring in Alli for Kouyate and drop Vardy. The rest of the fixtures are pretty nice though so don't really need to change things around.

I would carry the FT or look at your defense.
    Kouyate plays 90 and with West Ham's injuries up front he'll perhaps play further forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm probably not gonna touch my team. After Benteke's crappiness at Newcastle, I imagine Sturridge will start. Gonna give him another chance!

Also facing the Alli conundrum but there's no one I want to risk benching so he can keep his place as first sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Pelle to Kane done before I head to Vegas for UFC194 in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Crazy to be thinking Ighako out for Kane? Watford fixtures as hard as they can be after this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Jagielka and Depay out for Alderweireld and Barkley

Edit: As I'm going to be down 4 points, might as well go down another 4.... got rid of Schwarzer and replace with Butland.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LeaveitOff

Sturridge gone again - out for several weeks with hamstring injury. That went well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Fant11 wrote: »
    Crazy to be thinking Ighako out for Kane? Watford fixtures as hard as they can be after this weekend.

Sunderland could be tough for Ighalo but he should be able to out-pace Kaboul and O'Shea and make chances.

Liverpool at home could be easy enough for him considering Liverpool's poor record against lesser teams.

Then they're playing Chelsea. I think he would be a good option despite the fixtures looking a lot harder than they seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Tempted by Ramsey now that he's going to be playing in b2b role which is his best position I think. May sacrifice KDB for him, can see him being rested soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,260 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Ramsey is not worth your time lads, will only disappointed you......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Pelle to Kane done before I head to Vegas for UFC194 in the morning :)

Enjoy pal. Aldo by KO, rd 2 or 3

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

My new goal for this season is to bank one transfer. Sigh.

Kane in for the Studge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Really Really want to bank

but also tempted to get Kane in for Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Rikand wrote: »
    Really Really want to bank

but also tempted to get Kane in for Aguero

Id say do it, Aguero wont play every game over Xmas with his injury record wheras Kane will due to lack of alternatives at Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Coutinho trained today. Interesting to see how many minutes he gets tomorrow night, if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

LeaveitOff wrote: »
    Sturridge gone again - out for several weeks with hamstring injury. That went well.

Lol. Buying Sturridge was a MASTERSTROKE. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Quick question:
    A) Bench Vardy
    B) Bench Barkley
    C) Bench Souare and use AOA
    (C only applies if Smalling is ruled out)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

a bit confused as to who to drop from my front 7, I have Sterling, Barkley, Coutinho, Ozil, Mahrez,
    Kane, Lukalu and Vardy.
    Tempted to put Mahrez on the bench but tat cud backfire, which do ye tink ye wud drop. Tinking of captaining Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Henwin wrote: »
    a bit confused as to who to drop from my front 7, I have Sterling, Barkley, Coutinho, Ozil, Mahrez,
    Kane, Lukalu and Vardy.
    Tempted to put Mahrez on the bench but tat cud backfire, which do ye tink ye wud drop. Tinking of captaining Kane

I'd bench Barkley or Vardy, probably Barkley as he's more likely to blank than the others. Dont bench Mahrez for obvious reasons. Kane for captain is the right call I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Aguero to Kane done. Also putting the armband on the Spurs man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Aguero to Kane done. Also putting the armband on the Spurs man.

Will probably be my move if Aguero is out. Not making any transfers before Friday though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

An thinking of going the strong front 8 route over Xmas,

Current team
    De Gea Mc Carthy
    Smalling. Dann. Bellerin Nyom Simpson
    Ozil Mahrez Barkley KDB Hoolihan
    Kane Vardy Lukaku

Have had Hoolihan for ages on bench.

Have about 4 m in bank.
    Appreciate advice on what midfielder to go for that could bring returns over Xmas. Would have up to 9m to spend in swop for Hoolihan.

Likes of Alli for cheap money at Spurs looks tempting or likes of Arnautovic?

Feel free to throw in names?

Also bearing in mind Man Utd injuries at back...and fact likes of Schneiderlin will be out a while should I cash in on Smalling?

Thanks for any feedback,team not in bad shape but had a few capt blanks so need to pick up points over Xmas.Sorry for long post;)

Advertisement