Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Hmmm...

Belerin, Cedric and Kolarov all need shifting but none are exactly a priority.
    Getting a second United defender interests me but not sure who, Moreno is also tempting, as is a Sunderland defender but I've like 5.6 in the bank so that's also not a priority at all.

Redmond for Stanislas or Alli is quite tempting too, probably the former due to his price and position but both are in good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Neil3030 wrote: »
    FF saying Aguero out until the 8th, he might be back next week, no?

Keep him for the Swansea game! I repeat, keep him for the Swansea game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Probably Moreno in for Davies. Can only see Liverpool improving under Klopp.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Taking Costa back out. Stupid drunken transfer last night!

Probably Kane in. Or wait and see what happens with Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hazard to alli tonight. Will save my other transfer till after the midweek games. Options for the 2nd transfer are vardy to Sturridge or aguero. Or ayew to ozil or silva.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wouldn't get rid of Hazard just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

too soon to sell Vardy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Lemlin wrote: »
    He's only cost me one transfer this season to take him out. I didn't rush him back in because Pellegrini playing him in three games in his first week back was madness.

Only once in the last decade has he featured in less than 30 games in a season. I posted the stats last year.

26 goals in 33 games last year. What other striker will offer that?

He's the best striking option when fully fit. A lot of people got him in before he was back to full match fitness and were burnt so they're letting that cloud their judgement.

I'll probably get him in a few weeks if he's comes through the next few games ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

too soon to sell Vardy?

Now that the record is gone I think the chances he screwed today will go straight in the next days. No matter who he's against he's gonna score goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

CSF wrote: »
    Wouldn't get rid of Hazard just yet.

You think Mourinho might be sacked this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

Took a punt in Costa as captain after transferring him for Aguerro. Now taking my boot to him and taking Aguerro back for the Swansea game which no doubt he'll get injured badly in during the warm up

What a mess this season is!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dearg81 wrote: »
    He's the best striking option when fully fit. A lot of people got him in before he was back to full match fitness and were burnt so they're letting that cloud their judgement.

I'll probably get him in a few weeks if he's comes through the next few games ok.

He could be a big option playing Swansea next week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I've gotten rid of VVD for Toby.

More surgery required in next couple of weeks.
    Want to get rid of Cech for Butland and Richards for Nyom.

Front line is Ighalo, Vardy and Lukaku.

I'm thinking of having Ighalo for one more week & then getting in Kane.
    I know Kane has New at home next week but it's the Norwich game I'm targeting getting him in for.

Team Value up to 105M.
    6.1M in the bank so any transfer is possible really.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hazard to alli tonight. Will save my other transfer till after the midweek games. Options for the 2nd transfer are vardy to Sturridge or aguero. Or ayew to ozil or silva.
    change of plan going to sleep on it and see what happens tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Bellrin to Toby W done, decided to hold Bertrand another bit but he is on very thin ice.

Aguero stays unless its a 2/3 week injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

irish son wrote: »
    You think Mourinho might be sacked this week?

Yes, but also, he has some seriously good fixtures coming up so you could wait a few weeks before pulling the inevitable trigger.

Do I regret bringing him in based on today? Yes. Does that mean he doesn't look a long-term prospect as long as Mourinho is around? Yes. Does it mean he has to go right away? No.

Arnautovic could have easily had at least four goals today, and an assist. I kind of want three or four Stoke City players in my team after that performance! Although not every week do you come across a defender with the quality of Demichellis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Arnautovic could have easily had at least four goals today, and an assist. I kind of want three or four Stoke City players in my team after that performance! Although not every week do you come across a defender with the quality of Demichellis!

Their fixtures aren't great though

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Sagna had a mare today..need to get rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

He on pens?
    Doesn't seem to be a rotation worry and compares well with anyone (Mahrez excluded) up to 8M points-wise. Could be my replacement for Moses as 5th mid for Fr8 over xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Ramsey could be a decent shout for 8 mill, thought he would hold back a bit but he seemed to bomb forward plenty.

too soon to sell Vardy?

I'll give him the Chelsea game, but might shift him if he blanks.

ElTel wrote: »
    He on pens?
    Doesn't seem to be a rotation worry and compares well with anyone (Mahrez excluded) up to 8M points-wise. Could be my replacement for Moses as 5th mid for Fr8 over xmas.

I'm not sure if he's on pens. If Walters is playing, Johnny has to take them! I imagine Bojan isn't too far down the pecking order either. I'm not sure how long Stoke's form will last, so it's hard to tell how well he'll do when the GW's start flowing in.

Re: Spock, his fixtures are OK. The next three wouldn't be considered too hard to score in imo.

I agree with Max Power about Ramsey. I'll assess his performance mid-week and make a decision then to bring him in for Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Ill predict Rambo will be the most brought in player next week,barring injury mid week

Probably be Rojo for Moreno.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Lemlin wrote:
    He could be a big option playing Swansea next week though.

Yea he could do but I don't think he'll be at his best or get 90mins after the injury. I've 3 good strikers in kane, vardy and Ighalo so not in any rush to ditch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'm not sure if he's on pens. If Walters is playing, Johnny has to take them! I imagine Bojan isn't too far down the pecking order either. I'm not sure how long Stoke's form will last, so it's hard to tell how well he'll do when the GW's start flowing in.

Re: Spock, his fixtures are OK. The next three wouldn't be considered too hard to score in imo.

I agree with Max Power about Ramsey. I'll assess his performance mid-week and make a decision then to bring him in for Mane.

Watched the saints today as I captained Mane.
    He had about 4 shots blocked and a bad miss from a header from about 2 yards out. I still think there are goals in the saints and he was their best player. Pelle was ineffective as the crossing was poor (Berty to blame for a few of them) but the windy weather didn't help. I would not be in a hurry to dump Bertrand as he bombed down the wing all day. Mane is a hold for me atm as I've more pressing concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

When's Phil Jones likely to be back lads?

ElTel wrote: »
    Watched the saints today as I captained Mane.
    He had about 4 shots blocked and a bad miss from a header from about 2 yards out. I still think there are goals in the saints and he was their best player. Pelle was ineffective as the crossing was poor (Berty to blame for a few of them) but the windy weather didn't help. I would not be in a hurry to dump Bertrand as he bombed down the wing all day. Mane is a hold for me atm as I've more pressing concerns.

I agree with you on Bertie. I'm holding onto him for a good bit yet, we'll definitely reap the rewards on his crosses eventually. When you have a fullback who has one of the best headerers in the premier league to aim at, you're guaranteed a few returns.

I got Mane in at the start of the season and he didn't do anything, then I got him back after his good run and he barely did anything again with fantastic fixtures. Same strategy with Pelle. I've figured out my bogey players for this season and want to move on from them as soon as I can!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Simple enough transfer this week, getting rid of Begovic for De Gea. I only brought in Hazard this week and tough the game today was a total disappointment (compounded by me captaining him) I do think he's worth sticking with, especially since the next game is Leicester and there could be a few goals in that game.

Advertisement